Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Justin Lin Talks Terminator 5

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Justin Lin Talks Terminator 5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Justin Lin Talks Terminator 5 - 30/8/2011 9:22:26 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
not another one - 30/8/2011 9:22:26 AM   
anakin solo

I love the terminator series, well except for terminator 3 which i agree with justin lu that got rid of sarah connor by leukemia, the whole was pretty bad. I like Salvation. Maybe the terminator series doesn't need another reboot or sequel and should be left with the ending of terminator 2.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Revisit Salvation on blu-ray - 30/8/2011 9:28:19 AM   
MusicLovesYou

It looks fantastic and isn't worth the slating it gets from some people. What did they want, a fourth hunt / chase movie? Yawn! Sure one and two are pretty much top 10 ever movie contenders but the third, while having odd moments of interest is pretty formulaic. As for Chronicles, first series was okay, second series got really, really boring and I massively lost interest at the end. If Justin Lin wants to make another Terminator hunt / chase movie, he'll have to come up with some pretty original ideas to keep it fresh and unique. Hopefully he'll do it but i'm cautious for the timebeing.

Post #: 3
Forget a film, bring back the series! - 30/8/2011 10:06:47 AM   
Vadersville

Forget another film, Salvation was dire and Rise of the Machines was only notable for its ending. Chronicles was so much better and actually felt like a true sequel to Cameron's first two films. Plus, this talk of splintering timelines is a complete rip from the series anyway! Never should have been cancelled.

Post #: 4
I want them to countinue the salvation thread - 30/8/2011 10:12:11 AM   
bigollytg

What happend to the story idea where jhon conner travels back in time. also very much up for sarah conner to come back prehaps it could give her a more dignified exit. we would all love to see arnie back in but hes got a few to many wrinkels now and would look a bit out of place to the other t-800 models

Post #: 5
Why not continue the Salvation story? - 30/8/2011 3:02:46 PM   
Enzino

I agree with the other posts about Salvation. Why don't they continue that story. I really enjoyed the film and would find it dull if they went back to the time-travel format of the first films. I want more future shock battles and the final fight against Skynet. Why isn't McG returning? I was so sceptical when they appointed him, but the film he made was great. We don't need a reboot!

Post #: 6
RE: I want them to countinue the salvation thread - 30/8/2011 4:26:47 PM   
tomuk123

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigollytg

What happend to the story idea where jhon conner travels back in time. also very much up for sarah conner to come back prehaps it could give her a more dignified exit. we would all love to see arnie back in but hes got a few to many wrinkels now and would look a bit out of place to the other t-800 models

They could do to Arnie what they did to Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy

(in reply to bigollytg)
Post #: 7
- 30/8/2011 4:44:21 PM   
artilleryman

Bring back the series. Agreed. But if you're going to return to Sarah Connor, it HAS to be Lena Headey in the role.

Post #: 8
- 30/8/2011 4:57:00 PM   
DickJones

on come off it people! termination salvation was up there with phantom menace for disappointment and crapness factor !

Post #: 9
Ffs, not another one - 30/8/2011 5:37:21 PM   
Workshed

It's time to leave this franchise alone. The last 2 films were atrocious and not a
patch on the classic originals.

Post #: 10
Empire - 30/8/2011 5:37:23 PM   
burtbondy

You gave Boyz N The Hood 3 stars in this months issue. I cannot believe it. Seminal movie.

Post #: 11
RE: - 30/8/2011 5:46:26 PM   
olijoy

I hate pretty much everything about this idea.

One, why is the acceptable standard for the Terminator franchise now the best Fast / Furious film? Is that a joke? Have those concerned actually watched the first two Terminator films?

Second, while neither T3 or TS were particularly worthy sequels, sequels they were and that is the story they should stick to. It should be a law or something, meaning that a studio actually has to make a good movie rather than think "Ah f--k it, we can always reboot if it sucks". The reboot is such a cop-out in creative terms - you can kind of understand it with Star Trek because after 10 movies and four spin-off series, that universe had become kind of cluttered. TS, while not particularly great, at least took the Terminator franchise in a new direction and there are perfectly good options for a sequel that stick to the setup established in that movie.

Third, Justin Lin - really? Can they really not tempt a better director than him?

Fourth - time travel has to be handled soooo carefully for it not to seem cheap and it undermines better films than I anticipate Lin will make. Harry Potter 3, new Star Trek, even T2 - there is always the question of why should we care about anything that is happening on-screen, if changing the future / past is so easy? Surely you can just travel forward / back and warn / prevent / resurrect etc (by the laws established in those movies)? The titles I've just listed get a pass as it is fused with the action and drama pretty effectively - I suspect that with a Lin-directed T5 it will just help it descend to a new level of cheap money-grabbing trash.

I could go on... just please don't make this movie! If you want time-travelling robots and future war, I bet there is a perfectly good NEW idea out there on ice. Make that movie instead.

(in reply to DickJones)
Post #: 12
Terminator - 31/8/2011 7:11:39 AM   
Tech_Noir

The Terminator franchise has been abused and mutilated too much, if it were a dog it would be put down.

(in reply to olijoy)
Post #: 13
RE: Terminator - 31/8/2011 7:23:52 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Teminator 5? *yawn*.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 14
RE: Terminator - 31/8/2011 8:17:30 AM   
mackey

No doubt this will be more PG rated rubbish. There will now be more shit Terminator films than good ones. Sad.

I know that look; it's the same look my father gave me when I told him I wanted to be a ventriloquist.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 15
RE: Terminator - 31/8/2011 11:39:07 AM   
NCC1701A

Best to stop now this series needs a rest.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to mackey)
Post #: 16
What was wrong with Salvation ??? - 2/9/2011 1:57:28 PM   
elmorello

Why don´t they just continue from Salvation ??

I don´t care what some people say Salvation was a brilliant sci´fi movie and I loved every minute.

This "reboot" culture has to come to an end because rebooting movies that didn´t need to be rebooted (Superman Returns) is getting out of hand.

Post #: 17
Linda or Lena? - 5/9/2011 2:44:17 PM   
koosh lash

If they do bring back Sarah I am torn whether or not it should be Lena Headey or Linda Hamilton. After just having a quick look at some recent photo's, I think Linda would have to play a much older version of the character - maybe an alternate future where she never died. Whereas if they went with Lena then Sarah can still kick butt and be all action chick (sorry Linda) but Lena would have the edge in that sense..BUT I love actors remaining the same at least for movie sequels. Ahh its a tough one. It'd be a miracle if they got either tbh! So im happy either way as long as they dont drag a teenage Sarah to the future and cast someone from gossip girl or something!

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Justin Lin Talks Terminator 5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI