Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Josh Brolin Locked In For Oldboy Remake

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Josh Brolin Locked In For Oldboy Remake Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Josh Brolin Locked In For Oldboy Remake - 30/8/2011 6:06:22 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 30/8/2011 6:06:22 AM   
gaiderdraco

This is a sad day for film lovers... Oldboy should never be remade and it was a good day once the Spielberg rumor was dispelled. Now, Spike Lee directing this remake is a sad day again...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 30/8/2011 11:31:22 AM   
quantumphoeniix

i agree no need for this at all. and i love christian bale but i wouldnt like to see him in this,persoanally i dont think he will do it.

Post #: 3
I have.... - 30/8/2011 2:52:04 PM   
guysalisbury

....... forever moaned about remakes, and to a certain extent im gonna stick to my guns. The thought of An American Werewolf In London makes me feel quite sick, Ive also totally boycotted Let Me In because I love the original so much. However, I saw an interesting point made by someone here a week or so ago that has made me slightly sway the other way. The fact of the matter is, that if the original film is that good, no remake should be able to devalue or ruin it predecessor. You dont have to watch the new one and can continue to enjoy the first one as often as you like. I think the only reason I felt so strongly about Let Me In, was because it looked like a carbon copy of the original. If the film is going to be made to look completely different then why not. Im sure most people who have seen Infernal Affairs enjoyed The Departed?! I personally would welcome an Oldboy remake because I wasn't a huge fan of the first one (maybe I didn't get it or maybe I just need to say it again). Im still not sure how much of what ive just written I actually stand by but I guess I was just a bit bored :-)

Post #: 4
RE: I have.... - 30/8/2011 4:31:27 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Can't leave well enough alone it'll be watered down cos the originals story would've definetly seen an R rating at least & we all know you can't have that in LA LA land still Brolin'll be good at that Jonah Hex anyone?

< Message edited by Wild about Wilder -- 30/8/2011 4:33:03 PM >

(in reply to guysalisbury)
Post #: 5
- 30/8/2011 5:26:46 PM   
Gimli son of Gloin

Out of all the terrible and unnecessary remakes Hollywood have produced, this is the one that truly makes me sick to my stomach, and i won't be suprised if at some point they remake LOTR which would be the worst moment in Hollywood.

Post #: 6
Anyone who did n`t catch Chan wook park`s original..... - 31/8/2011 8:06:39 AM   
papalupara

deserves the crappy second rate remake this is bound to be.

< Message edited by papalupara -- 31/8/2011 8:09:10 AM >

Post #: 7
Arseholes - 2/9/2011 4:57:59 PM   
leetee80

I love Oldboy! But the guys doing the remake should remember it is the second instalment of an awesome triology of movies!
All the remake will do is make park chan wook's look even better!
A remake for lazy gits who can't be arsed watching top quality world cinema!
I could go on all day about shite remakes, as I have yet to see a good one!

Post #: 8
- 3/9/2011 7:47:05 AM   
Fried_Squirrel

would it not be better to give the film a fair chance. Considering the talent involved; it might not actually suck.

Post #: 9
all the best.. - 26/9/2011 8:54:47 AM   
ravixant

to Lee and Brolin, hope they try to do justice to the remake. I doubt it'll be anywhere close to the original though..
http://cineinternational.blogspot.com/2011/07/hollywood-remakes-of-foreign-movies-to.html.

Post #: 10
- 15/10/2011 12:20:33 AM   
georgevon91

PLEASE for the sake of cinema somebody make sure they do not ever make this film

Post #: 11
RE: - 15/10/2011 3:04:55 AM   
stophollywoodreamkes

No true movie lovers and fans want to see this. I want spike lee to go write his own stories which he is really good at. Never remake classics. Painters don't repaint the Mona Lisa and sell. I'm so tired of seeing Hollywood keep throwing remakes at use. Go get a screenplay write a screenplay. There is always room in art to create something new.

(in reply to georgevon91)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Josh Brolin Locked In For Oldboy Remake Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI