Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Jurassic Park Is Back On The Big Screen

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jurassic Park Is Back On The Big Screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jurassic Park Is Back On The Big Screen - 26/8/2011 10:42:36 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Fucking A! - 26/8/2011 12:39:08 PM   
Mojo

Anybody know if there is a list of cinemas that this will be showing at? I checked my local Odeon website and it didn't have it listed. Maybe its too early to check. Can't wait to see this on the big screen again, it was the first film I saw in the cinema and I saw it again last year but the print was pretty old. Excited.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.
Post #: 2
Dino-tastic - 26/8/2011 1:58:17 PM   
BikerScout

I have very, very happy memories of being 16 in the summer of 1993 and dinosaurs were everywhere. The release of JP was such a huge event. Good times. Looking forward to seeing the T-Rex lifesize once more.
Post #: 3
RE: - 26/8/2011 3:42:19 PM   
Gazdance

Wow!

Watched this on DVD a few weeks ago and it still holds up really well - such a good blockbuster.

Last year's Back to the Future re-release looked pristine so if they've done half as good a job on this it should look and sound stunning.

Jurassic Park was such a big deal to me when I was 12/13 - it reminds me of my childhood in the best way; long hot summers and adventures with friends (very Speilberg). Count me in.
Post #: 4
RE: you got me - 26/8/2011 9:04:01 PM   
Schnorbitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lexx757

Damn i thought it was a reboot or something. I would really like to see that happen.

Post #: 5
RE: CG Blooper still there - 28/8/2011 12:23:22 AM   
Cabal aka Boone

Compy? You mean Gallimimus?
And I have actually NEVER noticed it until now.
How many times have I seen this film? My eye was always drawn away to the left with the T-Rex head... not any more... thanks! lol

One more thing? Why now? Why not wait til the 20th Anniversary in 2013?
Is Spielberg not that confident Tin Tin will make him enough cash this year? lol

quote:

ORIGINAL: sandervandieren

I hoped they would fix the blooper of the compy jumping through the T-Rex (00:41) where its head disappers, but they didn't. Shame, it really is a digital error that's very jarring once you know it's there.

< Message edited by Cabal aka Boone -- 28/8/2011 12:24:38 AM >

http://twitter.com/SteveKuma

Stan Winston - April 7, 1946 June 15, 2008
Post #: 6
RE: CG Blooper still there - 28/8/2011 12:29:26 AM   
Cabal aka Boone

Oh, and reading some of those posts up there... I feel REALLY old around here! haha

(in reply to Cabal aka Boone)
Post #: 7
RE: CG Blooper still there - 28/8/2011 9:10:28 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cabal aka Boone

Oh, and reading some of those posts up there... I feel REALLY old around here! haha

Tell me about it. I was sixteen when this came out, I saw it four times at the Empire in Leicester Square. The atmosphere was electric, especially during the first T-Rex scene. Ahhh, the good old days, when I could just get up and bog off to the cinema when the mood grabbed me.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

Post #: 8
RE: CG Blooper still there - 28/8/2011 2:15:15 PM   
Cabal aka Boone

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cabal aka Boone

Tell me about it. I was sixteen when this came out, I saw it four times at the Empire in Leicester Square. The atmosphere was electric, especially during the first T-Rex scene. Ahhh, the good old days, when I could just get up and bog off to the cinema when the mood grabbed me.

I was 22.....

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 9
RE: Jurassic Park Re-Release - 20/9/2011 9:23:18 AM   
Mojo

My local Odeon still doesn't have this as listed, and neither does the much bigger one I can get to at the Trafford Centre. The Odeon website does have the film but doesn't give any idea of where it will be showing or when.

Post #: 10
RE: Jurassic Park Re-Release - 20/9/2011 10:14:06 AM   
Rosie_101

Definitely going to see this!

I remember going to a late showing at the now defunct Claddagh Palace. I wanted it to be the late showing because, in true Alan Grant style, I didn't want to be crowded out by kids. (Mother of two writing here, by the way!!) We were first in the queue having beaten even the busker to the draw.

This so deserves to be shown in the cinemas again so that a new generation can see and hear the dinosaurs where they belong - on the big screen with the surround sound.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 11
RE: Jurassic Park Re-Release - 20/9/2011 12:14:25 PM   
Gazz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

My local Odeon still doesn't have this as listed, and neither does the much bigger one I can get to at the Trafford Centre. The Odeon website does have the film but doesn't give any idea of where it will be showing or when.

It's looking as though the Manchester Odeon isn't showing it judging by the website. I'm gutted too!

The cineworld in Ashton-U-Lyne is playing it though. Might be a trek if you're on the other side of town though.

< Message edited by Gazz -- 20/9/2011 12:16:28 PM >

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 12
RE: Jurassic Park Is Back On The Big Screen - 20/9/2011 7:50:23 PM   
Super Hans

I wouldn't mind seeing Jurassic Park on the big screen again - I was 11 when I first saw it and watching it again in recent years it's possibly even better.  Comparing the effects to some of the iffier examples of CGI in the years past, even watching it now it holds it's own with ease! Hopefully it'll show somewhere near me.

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 13
RE: Jurassic Park Re-Release - 23/9/2011 2:24:16 PM   
Mojo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gazz

quote:

It's looking as though the Manchester Odeon isn't showing it judging by the website. I'm gutted too!

The cineworld in Ashton-U-Lyne is playing it though. Might be a trek if you're on the other side of town though.

Well it is finally listed on the Warrington and Trafford Centre pages so I'd guess it will be up at the Manchester Odeon too. Booked my tickets for tomorrow, I really can't wait. First film I saw in the cinema at 5 years old made me mad about dinosaurs and films, now I'm going to see it again. Bring it!

(in reply to Gazz)
Post #: 14
RE: Jurassic Park Re-Release - 23/9/2011 3:33:40 PM   
Spaldron

Its at my local. Maybe go see it on tuesday.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 15
BRILLIANT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 24/9/2011 10:10:05 PM   
spidersim

i went back in 1993 at the ripe old age of 27 and totally loved this masterpiece then.....FF to 2011 and thankfully(in England) it's back on the big screen...My daughter loves the films but has only seen it on DVD and the TV so had to take her and her friends to see it....their faces were a picture....they were genuinely scared in some parts and totally loved it...this film was made for the big screen and i for 1 am very happy they brought 1 of the greatest blockbusters of all time back to it's rightfull place....this film would not be out of place in the top 5 films of the year....even if it is 18 years old....

Post #: 16
RE: BRILLIANT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 25/9/2011 2:08:53 PM  1 votes
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

Saw it last night (20:15pm at Warrington Odeon) and was utterly in awe throughout... it just hammers in the point that no film I have seen this year really comes close to how good Jurassic Park is (Super 8 is the closest, but they do have a lot in common). It's so exciting, so flippin' scary (on tenderhooks throughout, though maybe not when John Hammond raided the fridge) and such a great blend of proper drama, funny dialogue, and real characters... an utterly unforgettable experience, which truly makes up for the fact I never saw it when it first came out (I was 7 I think and it passed me by, remember seeing Lost World for the first time though in '97)... when it finished, I just reclined in my seat and relaxed as THAT music swept over me, beautiful 

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to spidersim)
Post #: 17
RE: BRILLIANT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 25/9/2011 3:20:48 PM   
Mojo

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Rob C: Mark II!

Saw it last night (20:15pm at Warrington Odeon) and was utterly in awe throughout...

I was at Warrington but an earlier screening. One day our paths will meet DJ Rob C: Mark II. One day.

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 18
RE: BRILLIANT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 25/9/2011 4:17:30 PM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

Wow now that was close, indeed one day. Though knowing me, we'll miss each other and not notice 

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 19
RE: Jurassic Park Re-Release - 25/9/2011 4:30:46 PM   
Gazz

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gazz

quote:

Well it is finally listed on the Warrington and Trafford Centre pages so I'd guess it will be up at the Manchester Odeon too. Booked my tickets for tomorrow, I really can't wait. First film I saw in the cinema at 5 years old made me mad about dinosaurs and films, now I'm going to see it again. Bring it!

Yup, they finally updated the website. Went to the Manchester Odeon last night and it was glorious to see this film on the big screen after so many years. It's still just as amazing now as it was back in '93

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 20
RE: BRILLIANT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 25/9/2011 9:24:33 PM   
spidersim

forgot to say.....we saw the filmat the Vue in Kirkstall..Leeds.....it's on there till Friday

DJ Rob C is totally right about the music........it sounds great to hear it on the telly or the radio......but to hear one of the greatest pieces of music in film history blaring out through the speakers in the cinema takes it to another level.....

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 21
Has it still got that horrific... - 28/9/2011 2:33:53 AM   
Thumbsucker

...edit when the T-Rex is chasing Goldblum, Dern and Peck?; Goldblum backs onto the gearstick, everyone looks up to see the fallen tree across their path. It's a cut between two pieces of footage, same angle - it's horrific editing, it's in every edition I've seen and utterly un-ignorable once you know it's there. Hoping it's been sorted by this release...

Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jurassic Park Is Back On The Big Screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI