Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

is this the best? close but not al the way

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> is this the best? close but not al the way Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
is this the best? close but not al the way - 22/1/2012 8:53:21 PM   
jackcarlin18

good film, second best

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
Getting Better..... - 8/2/2012 3:33:53 AM   
blaud

After the underwhelming mess that was Final Destination 2, then the supreme letdown that wasted a superawesome concept, 3, and finally the adomination that was 'The'...... The franchise is back, and it appears to have come up with a few new ideas. Before anything's said, however; this is the same idea as before: character has premonition, saves lives, then the lives are snuffed out in hilariously gruesome ways. It's the same formula all over again, but this time it's executed with some visual flair and some quite cool scenarios. Performances, as always with the series, are questionable, but the death scenes are as ingeniously grisly as ever, with blood literally flying of the screen and hitting you in the face. Filmicly, it's impressive; cinematographed in the lurid style of its' predecessors but sacrificing its' teen-movie edge for a decidedly more streamlined comedy-horror experience. And it is funny- the funniest it's been since the first instalment. The ending is a hate-it-or-love-it affair; I thought it was quite poor, but fans of the franchise will surely lap it up, along with the rest of the experience. It's no must-see horror, but it offers a few laughs and some nice and cheesy toe-curling moments.

Post #: 32
RE: Getting Better..... - 15/2/2012 7:13:11 PM   
Super Hans

I watched this last night on DVD, not bad! Good fun but, like the previous two installments, pretty forgettable really. As long as they can keep coming up with ideas for the gruesome deaths though, they can get away with making basically the same film ad-infinitum! Only problem I have with the gore though is that it become increasingly clunkily CGI'd at several points - suppose it has to be for the 3D effects but it is a little jarring IMO.

Nice little twist at the end, kind of implying that it was the final one (although the last one was called "The Final Destination" so fuck knows.)

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to blaud)
Post #: 33
- 20/5/2012 2:55:52 PM   
jackcarlin18

the best of the series yet

Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> is this the best? close but not al the way Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI