Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: BladeRunner II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: BladeRunner II Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: BladeRunner II - 23/9/2011 12:51:22 AM   
max314

I feel you Brother Jobloffski (hi, by the way ).

I'm not saying there shouldn't be an attempt at majesty or a contemplative nature. But I also think it would be cool if we could have a really trippy narrative to boot.

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 31
RE: BladeRunner II - 23/9/2011 12:52:31 AM   
max314

quote:

ORIGINAL: funkyfenbah

eh man, I like to experience the explosion of a 100m sprint final, but it's also interesting to know the motivations of the sprinter.... does he like to sprint 24 hours a day or does he like to listen to a violin concerto based on the fact that his mother listened to it before becoming crippled due to a car crash on the way to hospital, in order to deliver him.... life takes many twists and turns and varies in intensity... why can't movies reflect this instead of following a set template...?

UFC hype shows FTW!!

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to funkyfenbah)
Post #: 32
RE: BladeRunner II - 23/9/2011 1:06:53 PM   
Marwood

IMO Deckard shouldn't feature in another film at all.

I'd much rather see another film that is connected to the first by being set in the same universe but following a new story and set of characters. A remake of BladeRunner isn't something I'm at all interested in seeing, likewise a prequel or sequel to Deckard's story - I think it's just fine as a reasonably standalone story in a larger piece if that's what the producers ultimately intend.

Not to say that a new film should be totally disconnected from the original either; references to it are all well and good but the filmmakers have a chance to really expand on the universe rather than revisit too much of what we've already seen and box it in.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 33
RE: BladeRunner II - 24/9/2011 12:27:11 AM   
funkyfenbah

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

That sounds much more like eastenders than what I said dude. I think even if people don't actually like my suggestion on any level, most would at least recognise that the suggestion is rooted in aspects of Blade Runner, emphasising the cruel nature of the creators of the replicants, from the point of view of the replicants. Sci fi as exploration of the nature of humanity itself. Not Eastenders.

hi jobloffski, yer comin across loud and clear... I agree... the sequel must maintain a level of 'feel' of the original in order to maintain the consistency of the series, but look at the empire strikes back compared to star wars... empire invested more time to the relationship of han and leia than star wars did to any of the protagonists... this led to a richer experience for the viewer...it didn't stop lucas and kershner from including a climatic battle early on in the film, in order to create a cat and mouse chase between the falcon's crew, boba fett and the empire...

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 34
RE: BladeRunner II - 24/9/2011 12:34:26 AM   
funkyfenbah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood

IMO Deckard shouldn't feature in another film at all.

I'd much rather see another film that is connected to the first by being set in the same universe but following a new story and set of characters. A remake of BladeRunner isn't something I'm at all interested in seeing, likewise a prequel or sequel to Deckard's story - I think it's just fine as a reasonably standalone story in a larger piece if that's what the producers ultimately intend.

Not to say that a new film should be totally disconnected from the original either; references to it are all well and good but the filmmakers have a chance to really expand on the universe rather than revisit too much of what we've already seen and box it in.

agree whole heartedly... if you take the theme of a bladerunner in the same way you would do with a war film ie:contrasting themes such as The Deer Hunter and Saving Private Ryan... you can create entertaining films with differing 'food for thought'... you can still bond with the main protagonist but still allow yourself a fresh experience.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 35
BLADE RUNNER 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO - 4/11/2011 9:46:20 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Not really 'news' just confirmation I suppose -

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/11/04/ridley-scott-says-he%e2%80%99ll-direct-%e2%80%98blade-runner%e2%80%99-sequel/

wow. Sir Ridley is 74 and still going strong!

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 36
RE: BLADE RUNNER 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO - 24/4/2012 10:27:03 PM   
donethinking

i'm as much excited at the prospect of a sequel as i am dreading it, how on earth can it compete with the original ?? it better not have loads of CGI shit in it !!

As for Ridley I kind of went off his work when he jumped into bed with russell crowe
I'd far rather have seen what Ducan jones would have done with it instead, new blood and all that....hopefully he'll still be making his 'love letter' to bladerunner 'Mute' aswell.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 37
RE: BLADE RUNNER 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO - 24/4/2012 10:39:45 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Damon Lindelof

"When I was younger and I first saw Alien and Blade Runner, I had it in my head that one of them was a sequel to the other. I didnít know exactly which came first but clearly Ash is a robot so I just always figured Earth is having this issue with these blade runners and these replicants, but meanwhile the Nostromo was off having this adventure on LV-426 so I just grouped them together. I didnít realize until about three or four years later, those movies arenít related to each other in any way. They were just both directed by the same guy. So thatís the way that I really think of Prometheus. This movie is going to be in the same lexicon of the Ridley Scott science fiction ouvre. You could hold it up next to Blade Runner or Alien. Itís almost a mash-up in terms of the fundamental ideas presented in both but for fans of either of those movies, there are going to be all sorts of Easter eggs, for lack of a better word, that synchronize it in that world of the Ridley Scott science fiction ouvre. "

(in reply to donethinking)
Post #: 38
RE: BLADE RUNNER 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO - 30/6/2012 2:58:47 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Like to see Idris Elba stake the main role.
He has a very good presence and I just feel he would fit perfectly in this/that gritty,futuristic world.

The jaw-breaker scene/concept:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=37pQKgwsF94

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 30/6/2012 3:02:15 PM >

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: BladeRunner II Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI