Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: X-Factor 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: X-Factor 2011 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 12/9/2011 11:06:05 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

I didn't really like the soldiers singing but he seemed like a nice bloke, he'll probably go quite far but I don't think he has the voice to win....

I hated that bit. He had an average voice and he messed up the song, anyone else wouldn't have gone through. It really felt like "You're in the army and your wife is pregnant... ok, you have to go through then." That's why I think they need to get rid of the live crowd, they can't be swayed by audience reaction. Some of the novelty acts wouldn't go through if it was just them in a room auditioning either.

Not that many singers I've been impressed with, Stevie Wonder guy from yesterday and the Irish girl from early in the series have been the most interesting so far.

I do like the panel more this year. They seem to be having a lot more fun and they seem to get on, unlike last year which was just Simon and Cheryl crawling all over each other and Dannii and Louis looking fed up.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 61
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 12/9/2011 4:14:19 PM   
LEEJGM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

I thought both her and the last guy were extremley talented singers, I actually preferred that version of Use Somebody to the original and think it could be released as a single

That guy's my tip to win it this year.  Didn't catch his name though.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 62
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 12/9/2011 5:06:36 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

I didn't really like the soldiers singing but he seemed like a nice bloke, he'll probably go quite far but I don't think he has the voice to win....

I hated that bit. He had an average voice and he messed up the song, anyone else wouldn't have gone through. It really felt like "You're in the army and your wife is pregnant... ok, you have to go through then." That's why I think they need to get rid of the live crowd, they can't be swayed by audience reaction. Some of the novelty acts wouldn't go through if it was just them in a room auditioning either.

Yeah, that. In the army? Pregnant wife? Couldn't have ticked any more sympathy boxes if he tried, could he?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 63
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 12/9/2011 5:14:22 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

He could have been in the army with a pregnant wife and lives in an inner city ghetto. Always dreamed of being a popstar but his heroin addict daddy ran out on him when he was five, leaving him with an abusive step-father. He wants to do this for his mom, to make her proud. She's terminally ill as she worked in an old building made from asbestos and has never heard him sing......

That's the winner right there......

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 64
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 13/9/2011 1:44:56 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Cheryl to return?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a340135/cheryl-cole-to-return-for-x-factor-live-shows.html

Post #: 65
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 13/9/2011 1:48:54 PM   
Funkyrae

quote:

He could have been in the army with a pregnant wife and lives in an inner city ghetto. Always dreamed of being a popstar but his heroin addict daddy ran out on him when he was five, leaving him with an abusive step-father. He wants to do this for his mom, to make her proud. She's terminally ill as she worked in an old building made from asbestos and has never heard him sing......

You forgot the fact that his severe dyslexia has meant that he wasn't able to do well in school, when he was able to go that is, when he wasn't looking after his terminally ill mother.

That's me that is!

Post #: 66
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 13/9/2011 1:53:03 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

quote:

You forgot the fact that his severe dyslexia has meant that he wasn't able to do well in school, when he was able to go that is, when he wasn't looking after his terminally ill mother.

... and it turns out that they might not have any talent, but were signed to Simon Cowell for the last 3 years anyway

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 67
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 13/9/2011 1:53:35 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 68
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 13/9/2011 1:53:46 PM   
Funkyrae

Ooh, you cynic!

That's me that is!

Post #: 69
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 13/9/2011 2:03:36 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

Cheryl to return?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a340135/cheryl-cole-to-return-for-x-factor-live-shows.html

Is anyone missing Cheryl at all? The worst thing about X-Factor (okay worst is going for it cos it has a number of big problems, but anyway worst thing was) that X-Factor became increasingly about Cheryl. Ooooh how will she have her hair and nails done (nails out usually), why does she get so chav-like at any criticism, etc. I'm glad she's gone. Her coming back would be a turn off for me... and I'm sure Ashley agrees with that.

Post #: 70
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 13/9/2011 2:41:04 PM   
theoriginalcynic

The sixteen-year-old girl with white hair is the overwhelming favourite with the bookies.  I knew she would be. 

Post #: 71
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 13/9/2011 2:47:15 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

Cheryl to return?

Is anyone missing Cheryl at all? The worst thing about X-Factor (okay worst is going for it cos it has a number of big problems, but anyway worst thing was) that X-Factor became increasingly about Cheryl. Ooooh how will she have her hair and nails done (nails out usually), why does she get so chav-like at any criticism, etc. I'm glad she's gone. Her coming back would be a turn off for me... and I'm sure Ashley agrees with that.

I'm not missing Simon or Cheryl one iota. The show is clearly better off without them. I did like Danni though and I always found her opinion interesting and unbiased come the live shows.

There's something about Gary Barlows facial expressions that make me laugh each week....

Post #: 72
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 13/9/2011 2:51:12 PM   
rawlinson

Or at least as unbiased as Simon would let her be. I refuse to believe anyone could praise One Direction if they weren't being paid to do so.

Post #: 73
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 13/9/2011 3:05:56 PM   
shool

I wouldnt mind Simon returning but Cheryl returning is a turn off. More bitching with Louis no doubt.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 74
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 13/9/2011 6:35:34 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

I wouldnt mind Simon returning but Cheryl returning is a turn off. More bitching with Louis no doubt.

I'm just gutted they kept the old man on for another series. Makes the whole 'next generation' thing ridiculous when you see him lining up with the other 3. Simon's bitchy comments about him will be missed this year. The other 3 are far too polite (so far).

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 75
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 18/9/2011 5:26:39 PM   
Hood_Man

Watching the repeat from last night, pass me the fucking sick bag...

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 76
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 18/9/2011 6:56:29 PM   
Super Hans

Shite wasn't it?  I'm getting to the point where I can kind of half ignore it while my wife watches it now, but not entirely.  Predictable too - as soon as it was revealed that the pretty boy with chicken legs and tight jeans was rejected at the judges houses stage last year, I bet my wife that he would make it to at least half way through the live shows, if not actually win it altogether.

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 77
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 18/9/2011 8:55:44 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

You remind me of my mum

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 78
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 18/9/2011 8:58:38 PM   
Hood_Man

I'm so tearful right now, I'd been thinking about that song for the past 7 minutes 36 seconds, and she sang it so wonderfully, it totally reminded me of my Westie dog Scottie, who had to be put down because he bit my sisters face.

You're going to be a star! Oh yes and you, and you, and you, and you... oh and you're going to come second and therefore will have the better career.

Post #: 79
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 18/9/2011 11:17:46 PM   
theoriginalcynic

They shouldn't have shown Kerry, she's obviously a little slow so they're just taking the piss out of her.  US X-factor starts next week.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 80
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 19/9/2011 10:57:38 AM   
LEEJGM

I agree. It's all very well taking the piss out of people that can't sing but she is obviously not right.  For them to take the piss out of her for the 4th time now is quite offensive. 
There are quite a few people that get let on there that really shouldn't be; people who clearly have learning difficulties and/or very limited intelligience. For the show to exploit and mock them is pretty disgusting.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 81
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 19/9/2011 1:50:10 PM   
theoriginalcynic

My thoughts exactly Lee, and the judges know too because they let her down gently.

US X-factor.  I can't believe they fired Cheryl (because the US audience couldn't understand her) and hired Paula Abdul who can't string a sentence together.

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 82
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 19/9/2011 3:27:37 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

Cheryl to return?

I doubt it what would she do? They`d have to create a seperate new group just for her and I can`t think of another one they need? 

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

Post #: 83
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 19/9/2011 3:38:08 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

You remind me of my mum

When you know her mum actually had either bi polar disorder or schzophenia (can`t remember which one it may even be both) though it does to me make it sad that she wasn`t upto making the most of her talent but at least it fired up Tulisa to make the most of hers. They didn`t need that Leonia Lewis Snow Patrol cover booming away in the background that was OTT though. In fact whenever someone has a moving story or performs a moving song they don`t need to play ballads afterwards in the background but of course there all normally on Simons label and its good exposure for the songs. That woman wasn`t 31 though more like 43 to me.

< Message edited by Cruisecontroller -- 19/9/2011 3:41:45 PM >

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

Post #: 84
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 19/9/2011 3:38:15 PM   
theoriginalcynic

They were on about firing the n-dubz girl and replacing her with Cheryl, which isn't really fair is it? If anyone needs to go it's Kelly!

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 85
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 19/9/2011 3:39:54 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

They shouldn't have shown Kerry, she's obviously a little slow so they're just taking the piss out of her.  US X-factor starts next week.

Agree and the audience laughing at her was mean. I felt very uncomfortable watching that.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

Post #: 86
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 19/9/2011 3:44:15 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

My thoughts exactly Lee, and the judges know too because they let her down gently.

I suppose you have to give them credit for that. Maybe some of the people that put them through to the main auditions thought they were being kind letting her have another try I suppose thats possible or maybe naive of me? 

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

Post #: 87
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 19/9/2011 4:07:20 PM   
Cruisecontroller

That woman who charged on with the Welsh flag over her and sung Kate Bushes Wethuring Heights was unbeliveably bad.
Clip below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McMb5ThWjn0

< Message edited by Cruisecontroller -- 19/9/2011 4:15:08 PM >

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 88
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 19/9/2011 9:09:27 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: LEEJGM

I agree. It's all very well taking the piss out of people that can't sing but she is obviously not right.  For them to take the piss out of her for the 4th time now is quite offensive. 
There are quite a few people that get let on there that really shouldn't be; people who clearly have learning difficulties and/or very limited intelligience. For the show to exploit and mock them is pretty disgusting.

Yeah, the whole thing leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth. "Hahaha! Look at this crackers little Welsh woman, isn't it! Haaaahaaaa she's so mad and can't sing at all but we make sure we put her on TV every year and have a good old laugh at the mad woman, hahahahah!" I wonder if they'd find it all quite so funny if they find one of these ridiculed people having done themselves some harm as a result??

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 89
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 20/9/2011 3:27:13 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: LEEJGM

Yeah, the whole thing leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth. "Hahaha! Look at this crackers little Welsh woman, isn't it! Haaaahaaaa she's so mad and can't sing at all but we make sure we put her on TV every year and have a good old laugh at the mad woman, hahahahah!" I wonder if they'd find it all quite so funny if they find one of these ridiculed people having done themselves some harm as a result??

I`m surprised there hasn`t been lots of complaints about that. Sometimes with these shows its hard to tell whose a funny eccentric who can laugh at themselves if they don`t make it and come across in a weird way and those with special needs though.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: X-Factor 2011 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI