Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: X-Factor 2012

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: X-Factor 2012 Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 18/11/2012 4:36:49 PM   
matty_b

Jesus, that's awful.

But yeah, you totally get the impression there's something...off with him. I mean, not that you can blame him, but he's very intense, I suppose.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 661
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 18/11/2012 4:59:08 PM   
rawlinson

Yeah, he seems a nice guy though. Christopher on the other hand, yeah, just desperate.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 662
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 18/11/2012 5:29:34 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Never took to his singing, but I did enjoy his song last night. Which would be a guilty pleasure of mine. That's a hell of a life story there too.

I actually thought James was one of the weakest performances this week.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 663
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 18/11/2012 8:49:15 PM   
Super Hans

Well, with this sing-off, if it hadn't already, I think The X Factor just lost it's final strand of credibility!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 664
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 18/11/2012 8:51:11 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Cruiseship Chris is going to do 2 songs next week and win the X Factor

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 665
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 18/11/2012 9:14:28 PM   
theoriginalcynic

It was a shock but the judges act as if certain acts have a right to go through. It's the public's show and they will vote for whoever they want. I'd laugh if Rylan or Christopher won.

Post #: 666
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 18/11/2012 10:00:23 PM   
steffols

What a joke.

I love him but I would have preferred James to go this week. He will not suit an X Factor type record contract which ties him down so vehemently. Ella would be much better a winner as it would suit her. Rylan should have gone weeks ago. I think hes maybe getting to the point now where he himself feels like he doesn't deserve to be there. Jahmene and Christoper fucking Maloney have zero personality. I turn over when they are both on because I know exactly what its going to be week after week.

The shows a shambles this year.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 667
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 19/11/2012 9:07:51 AM   
Sinatra

I'm glad Ella went, I thought she was a miserable cow most of the time.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 668
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 20/11/2012 12:10:08 PM   
Samuelpoet

I blame the Judges. Tulisa and Walsh for keeping Rylan in, he should have gone weeks ago, then that way the show would be exploring true talent in stead of concentrating on the two circus acts (Rylan & Maloney) that are in there at the moment, which are apparently keeping the viewers hooked because of the endless drama they're creating.

By keeping Rylan in they have basically shot themselves in the foot, by losing decent contenders.

The show is now a joke.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 669
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 20/11/2012 12:51:10 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I do find it quite funny that the judges put on some apoplectic rage that the public aren't voting for the right acts and need to vote more.

There seems to be an easy way imo to do this. Make the voting free.

If memory serves, voting from a landline in Ireland costs around 60 cents, so I'm guessing that a mobile will be over a Euro.

I've never voted. I have no intention of voting. As far as I'm concerned any talented singer who makes the live finals and survives a couple of weeks has a pretty good chance of being picked up for some form of recording contract, so I don't really feel like if I want to buy "Bad warbling covers of 80s songs" by Cruiseship Chris next year I have to make sure he wins. But I will admit, there would be a higher chance of me voting if it were free.

I'm guessing that a lot of people are like me and the main voters are those who feel there is sufficient value in them voting, i.e. people who find it fun to get through an act that is poor for the reaction of the judges and young girls voting for their favourite boy on the show.

Let's remember that X Factor is a great exercise in pure profit anyway. They have the judges salaries and production team. But after that ITV are getting two or three hours of primetime entertainment for very little input. The X Factor finalists they don't have to pay and most of the guest bands are either linked to the show and/or have their own reason to be on in front of a large audience, i.e. a new single / album. We know that Talk Talk and other advertisers must be investing heavily as there is a break pretty much every song. And the whole business model is to promote acts in the public arena then sign them up to recording contracts and milk their sales.

I'll admit its a great model. I'm not in advertising, so I don't know what a slot goes for now, but I remember at the height of X Factor they were talking about around 100M income in advertising.

I don't know what revenue the phone lines generate (probably quite substantial), but if the show were serious about the best acts going through and people voting for them they would waive this contribution to their income. But truly we know that Ella will be marketed as the one who lost unfairly, and they'll still find ways to make a few quid out of whoever wins, even if they don't have another Leona Lewis / Rebecca Ferguson on their hands.

(in reply to Samuelpoet)
Post #: 670
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 20/11/2012 1:08:30 PM   
Harry Tuttle

They'd get a better gauge of public opinion if the voting format was changed to who you want kicked out rather than who you want to stay in as well. 

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 671
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 20/11/2012 1:39:28 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Samuelpoet

I blame the Judges. Tulisa and Walsh for keeping Rylan in, he should have gone weeks ago, then that way the show would be exploring true talent in stead of concentrating on the two circus acts (Rylan & Maloney) that are in there at the moment, which are apparently keeping the viewers hooked because of the endless drama they're creating.

By keeping Rylan in they have basically shot themselves in the foot, by losing decent contenders.

The show is now a joke.

The thing at least with Maloney is that he can hold a tune at least. He's also boring, false, a liar and a sad, lonely, middle aged female karaoke hound trapped in a young-ish bloke's body but that's besides the point...

They pretty much buggered the whole thing up on the Jedward year I think - in the 5 years I've been 'watching' it (ie. being in the room while my wife does), I think that's definitley where this fatal thing of putting in joke acts like Wagner and Rylan, who people vote for because they're irritating and it annoys people, which results in stone cold favourites like James and Ella ending up leaving early. it may have happended before Jedward but that's when I noticed it.

I agree that it's bad that some judges imply that some acts simply deserve to make it to the final, but in some cases they do have a point. Ella isn't/wasn't the only one in the competition with a genuinely, technically very good voice, but in a singing competition, she ought to have been in it until the later stages. However, her eviction is just the effect of the producers moving it away from being a singing competition - and the likes of Rylan are the winners out of it.

That said, I don't really care and the upshot is that my wife was so pissed off about Ella being kicked out that she's vowed not to watch it anymore! Largely to do with the fac that she had her in the office sweepstake I think but, hey, result!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Samuelpoet)
Post #: 672
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 21/11/2012 1:19:54 PM   
primebhoy

I don't get why people are so up in arms about it. In the years gone by there arent that many acts (when you consider how many there have been) who have gone onto big things.

Leona Lewis, One Direction, Olly Murs, JLS, Alexandra Burke, Rebecca Ferguson, Little Mix, and to a degree Jedward are the main ones who have went on to do something (Misha B may yet do the business). But in 9/10 years... thats not many folk who are still around.

People saying that Rylan still being in is stopping other more credible acts from winning is nonsense. Bar a few none of the rest are credible artists in their own right and are the usual blend of X factor fodder. None of them would win the show, and if they did they would fall into the same level of obscurity as previous winners and runners up (McElderry, Ray Quinn, Shayne Ward, Marcus Collins, Same Difference, The Macdonald Brothers, Matt Cardle (who someone is still trying to promote FFS!)). Every week Jahmene looks like hes just shat himself and been sent on stage, Christopher 'fucking' Maloney (beginning to think that this is his real middle name) is going to be one of the most hated figures in the history of this show, And Union J....  a carbon copy of 1D (minus the charisma and girl fans!).

I came into the show at the live stages, and initially had 4 acts who I enjoyed watching: Jade, Rylan, James, Ella. The rest i would fast forward through. I hope Rylan wins, purely for the fact that he is entertaining (to me) seems genuine and is at home on the stage. I think James has the most talent, but as a few have pointed out, winning this would be a curse for him and he is far better than this show!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 673
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 21/11/2012 1:24:35 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: primebhoy

I came into the show at the live stages

So you missed this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q86Zpx6VkBA

Which explains this
quote:

I hope Rylan wins, purely for the fact that he is entertaining (to me) seems genuine and is at home on the stage.

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 674
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 21/11/2012 1:29:14 PM   
Russ Whitfield

Didn't that SInita woman let slip that this is the penultimate season of this show.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 675
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 21/11/2012 1:30:13 PM   
primebhoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: primebhoy

I came into the show at the live stages

So you missed this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q86Zpx6VkBA

Which explains this
quote:

I hope Rylan wins, purely for the fact that he is entertaining (to me) seems genuine and is at home on the stage.

Haha, infact no I seen this part and like the rest of the nation thought... What a twat!

But to be fair to him, he kind of won me round in the live shows.

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

Post #: 676
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 21/11/2012 4:37:14 PM   
blackduck

Does it really matter who wins anymore? Once you've made the final six or so that's enough exposure for anyone with enough talent to breakout and become sucessful. Probally better not to win, takes some of the expectation off you.

And as winning becomes less and less relevent audiences start to realise it's more fun to use the vote to bugger things up as much as possible. Look at the likes of John sargent on Strictly or every year on I'm a celeb where audiences home in on the weakest person and try to break them.

< Message edited by blackduck -- 21/11/2012 4:38:44 PM >

I am but an egg.

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 677
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 21/11/2012 8:55:40 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Samuelpoet

The show is now a joke.

The thing at least with Maloney is that he can hold a tune at least. He's also boring, false, a liar and a sad, lonely, middle aged female karaoke hound trapped in a young-ish bloke's body but that's besides the point...

They pretty much buggered the whole thing up on the Jedward year I think - in the 5 years I've been 'watching' it (ie. being in the room while my wife does), I think that's definitley where this fatal thing of putting in joke acts like Wagner and Rylan, who people vote for because they're irritating and it annoys people, which results in stone cold favourites like James and Ella ending up leaving early. it may have happended before Jedward but that's when I noticed it.

I agree that it's bad that some judges imply that some acts simply deserve to make it to the final, but in some cases they do have a point. Ella isn't/wasn't the only one in the competition with a genuinely, technically very good voice, but in a singing competition, she ought to have been in it until the later stages. However, her eviction is just the effect of the producers moving it away from being a singing competition - and the likes of Rylan are the winners out of it.

That said, I don't really care and the upshot is that my wife was so pissed off about Ella being kicked out that she's vowed not to watch it anymore! Largely to do with the fac that she had her in the office sweepstake I think but, hey, result!

I had her in my office sweepstake too! Which is the only reason why I watched the show.

Nothing will top Ella's rendition of Loving you by Minnie Ripperton - probably the best thing about this year's intake. It's a shame she has gone but as people have already mentioned, she now has the freedom to do her own thing.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 678
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 26/11/2012 8:14:58 PM   
matty_b

So, no-one care anymore?

quote:

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 679
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 26/11/2012 8:28:13 PM   
Rinc

Still watching it. Hate Christopher and Jahmene (and I mean really hate Christopher). UnionJ are boring and lacking the charm of One Direction. The good looking one knows he's really good looking and the brainless one who can't stop smiling makes me want to smack him constantly in the face with Christopher's head until he can smile no more. The main singer is really good and should have been on his own.

James is the best but I really can't see him winning as he's been in the bottom two. Every year the winner has really strong support week in week out and is never in danger of going out. So James probably doesn't have a large enough committed fanbase behind the floating fans to win it. No problem though, he'll probably do better than someone like Jahmene who will just end up as another Leon Jackson.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 680
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 26/11/2012 10:07:47 PM   
steffols

Christopher in his VT on Saturday sounded like the most arrogant and up himself prick. I can't remember exactly what he said about Ella but something to do with her not getting enough votes which was why she was out and he was still there. Pretty obvious stuff but the way he put it made it sound like he deserved to be there more than her and I almost punched the telly at my anger. He really seems to believe he deserves to be there when really its purely patriotic voting.

I've never heard a more ridiculous Liverpudlian accent in my life. Every week it seems to get stronger. I'm half expecting him to come out next week with a black curly wig on chanting 'calm down calm down!'

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 681
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 26/11/2012 10:10:26 PM   
Rinc

He also claimed he worked harder than all the other contestants.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 682
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 26/11/2012 10:25:24 PM   
matty_b

It amuses me that people still watch it when it clearly causes so much ire.

Serious question, why do you guys - who have pretty great musical taste going from what you post on here - watch it? What do you like about it?

quote:

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 683
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 26/11/2012 10:55:06 PM   
Rinc

I treat it as anger management. All my anger and frustrations are released by a weekly dose of X Factor moaning.

Seriously, it's probably because I love to moan at the TV and like to have a TV villain (Christopher this year). And because when there are good singers I do enjoy watching them. It also keeps me up to date with what the kids are watching at school.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 684
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 26/11/2012 11:40:28 PM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

It amuses me that people still watch it when it clearly causes so much ire.

Serious question, why do you guys - who have pretty great musical taste going from what you post on here - watch it? What do you like about it?

I'll be honest Matty, I have no idea! It's always rubbish, and I know it's always rubbish but when it's on I can't help but watch. You have acts like Rylan, who are fantastic fun to watch and as Rinc says, its a good source for getting your anger out.

Plus, very rarely, you get someone like James Arthur come along who is a very talented young guy and could go a long way. The only problem is I don't think he will benefit from an X Factor contract and I actually think it will be detrimental to his career if he won.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 685
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 27/11/2012 12:45:40 AM   
rawlinson

It's like the Oscars really, you know it's trashy and manipulated and is nothing to do with talent, but it's just endlessly fascinating.

Regarding Christopher, I think he'll get to the final 2, before the anti-vote overwhelms the pro-vote. The people voting for him seem to have three main camps

1. Regional voters

2. Older voters who like him because he sings older songs and doesn't attempt to change them.

3. People who think they're somehow hurting the show by voting for him. These people are called fucking idiots. They genuinely think it'll cause Simon Cowell pain if Christopher wins. Not realising that every time they vote they're giving Cowell their money. Also, if Christopher wins, he'll probably get a rushed album release and then be quietly dropped. The acts that are going to get promoted from this year are going to be the likes of Ella, James, Rylan, Union J. Unless Christopher taps into that Susan Boyle market, he'll back on the cruise ships next year.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 686
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 27/11/2012 9:39:59 AM   
matty_b

Fair enough. I've got enough anger in my life that I don't really need this to contribute.

quote:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 687
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 27/11/2012 2:55:47 PM   
theoriginalcynic

i think Christopher is gonna steal this, and then take it home to granny...

I bet he wins, the public won't like the judges picking on him. Out of all of them, he's the one who needs it the most.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 688
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 27/11/2012 5:26:24 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

i think Christopher is gonna steal this, and then take it home to granny...

Who's that then? Don't think I've heard her mentioned.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 689
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 27/11/2012 5:57:40 PM   
theoriginalcynic

He's always going on about his nan / granny

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 690
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: X-Factor 2012 Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI