Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: X-Factor 2012

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: X-Factor 2012 Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 4/11/2012 9:55:58 PM   
Rinc

This has been an awful series. The only decent contestants have bee James, Jade and Ella. But stupid fuckwits around the country voted for the bore-offs like Christopher, Kai and the two boybands over Jade. Rylan is terrible but at least entertaining. The others just send me to sleep.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 631
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 5/11/2012 1:19:13 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

The 2nd most boring person on X-Factor goes home. Leaving Gary with just Cruise Ship Chris

Barlow FTW

My wife mentioned something about him and cruise ships - has that been properly established then? Right from the start we reckoned the whole 'ooh I'm nervous I can't control my shaking!!!' was bullshit and the guy was a con.

So another deadlock this week. I've said it before and I'll say it again - they diefinitely rig the system as much as they can to keep the headline makers in it, regardless of how shit they are. Not that I liked Kye but at least the guy was serious about what he was doing on the show.

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

Post #: 632
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 5/11/2012 1:20:44 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I don't get the love for James. He's an average singer. Ella and Jahmene should be in the final, everyone else can piss off home.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 633
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 5/11/2012 3:52:49 PM   
steffols

Why does Christoper Maloney wear a jacket on stage every single week? Didn't his nan ever tell him he'll never feel the benefit?

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 634
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 5/11/2012 3:54:56 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Its a metaphor for wearing his heart on his sleeve, so he can tug at it continually. I quite like him tbh.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 635
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 5/11/2012 4:16:52 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

quote:

The 2nd most boring person on X-Factor goes home. Leaving Gary with just Cruise Ship Chris

Barlow FTW

My wife mentioned something about him and cruise ships - has that been properly established then? Right from the start we reckoned the whole 'ooh I'm nervous I can't control my shaking!!!' was bullshit and the guy was a con.

Yeah, he's also done loads of talent contests and the like.

quote:

Its a metaphor for wearing his heart on his sleeve, so he can tug at it continually.

Best of British next week. Who else is expecting him to sing You'll Never Walk Alone in a desperate bid for more votes from Liverpool? I just hope they stitch him up and make him sing Bonkers.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 636
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 5/11/2012 4:56:54 PM   
blackduck

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

I don't get the love for James. He's an average singer. Ella and Jahmene should be in the final, everyone else can piss off home.

He's orignal apparently, not that they've actually let him sing any of his own stuff yet so hard to tell.

I am but an egg.

Post #: 637
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 5/11/2012 5:09:37 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

quote:

Barlow FTW

Yeah, he's also done loads of talent contests and the like.

quote:

Its a metaphor for wearing his heart on his sleeve, so he can tug at it continually.

Best of British next week. Who else is expecting him to sing You'll Never Walk Alone in a desperate bid for more votes from Liverpool? I just hope they stitch him up and make him sing Bonkers.

Shoot my interest levels are so low that I confused James (who I quite like) and Cruise Ship Chris for a while there.

I hope he does a mashup of Hey Jude and You'll Never Walk Alone.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 638
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 5/11/2012 5:13:16 PM   
rawlinson

He's probably saving There's No One Quite Like Grandma for his sing-off song.

Post #: 639
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 10/11/2012 10:35:25 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Thank fuck for Rylan, most boring episode of X Factor ever

Kai left and the show got more boring, how is that possible

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 640
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 10/11/2012 11:06:57 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Yeah, it was damn poor. Despite what I said last week James was the best.

Post #: 641
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 10/11/2012 11:12:24 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

Kai left and the show got more boring, how is that possible

The curse of the chimney-sweep.

Post #: 642
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 12/11/2012 10:08:06 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Cruise ship Chris sails through another week. I'm starting to think that the producers haven't remembered that they changed the voting patterns. They keep throwing him on first because that was the slot of death. By the end, when voting opens, no one can remember you. But now voting is go from the off-set, so its actually probably an advantage that anyone with an itchy voting trigger finger is in there right away.

I'm really pleased that District3 went out. Yes, they could hold a song in a bucket, but they'd been made to look so boring that even grannies would disown them. This is their big chance now to get some sleeve tattoos and come back as a punk rap boy band, I would pay money to hear them storm the stage with a "Yo Yo Motherf3ckers" opening.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 643
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 12/11/2012 2:18:14 PM   
theoriginalcynic

How long before they have Rylan doing Gangnam Style?

Post #: 644
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 12/11/2012 2:29:38 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Didn't he do that in one of his mashups? It may have been around week 2.

Post #: 645
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 12/11/2012 2:47:04 PM   
primebhoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

How long before they have Rylan doing Gangnam Style?

Week 2... It was reworked to 'Rylan Style'.

To be fair, he is the most entertaining thing about this years show. James has a good voice and his adele cover on sat night was pretty good. But Rylan's performance was very entertaining!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

Post #: 646
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 12/11/2012 3:38:58 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I should be a judge

If he wins it will be the death knell for the show. But there's little chance of that.

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 647
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 12/11/2012 7:06:24 PM   
Rinc

James - best act on the show by a mile
Rylan - terrible singing but he's entertaining
Ella - really good voice but does the same thing every week. She's boring
Jahmene - wouldn't know subtlety if it took a baseball bat and smashed him in his annoying face. Just screeches every week, nobody is going to want to hear that on a record.
UnionJ - the one who sings the most has a really good voice. Apart from that they're boring. And I hate the one who looks like Cillian Murphy with big hair. He gurns at the camera looking like he's got an IQ of 32 and has just seen colours for the first time.
Chris - I cannot explain how much I fucking hate this total fuckshit. I fucking hate his fucking fake nerves. I fucking hate his boring as shit fucking cruise ship covers. I fucking hate his fucking eyelined to the max face. I'd hinestly put him in my top 10 most hated X Factor contestants along with Eoghan Quigg, Katie Waissel, Cher Lloyd, Danyl, Ray Quinn, Diana Vickers, Daniel Evans, Leon Jackson and Jamie Archer.

That list was originally going to be 5 but then I realised how many people I've really hated from the show.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 648
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 14/11/2012 11:16:48 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
I'd hinestly put him in my top 10 most hated X Factor contestants along with Eoghan Quigg, Katie Waissel, Cher Lloyd, Danyl, Ray Quinn, Diana Vickers, Daniel Evans, Leon Jackson and Jamie Archer.

That list was originally going to be 5 but then I realised how many people I've really hated from the show.

Can I play?

Eggnog, Rachel Hylton, Hilary Wank, Katie Weasel, Frankie, Misha B, Army Wanker from last year, Lucy, Kye, Christopher

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 649
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 14/11/2012 3:10:39 PM   
shool

Quite like three of them

James
Ella
Jahmene

Oh and Rylan is quite entertaining.

Union J and Christopher can't go soon enough for me.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 650
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 14/11/2012 6:48:08 PM   
Rinc

quote:

quote:

I'd hinestly put him in my top 10 most hated X Factor contestants along with Eoghan Quigg, Katie Waissel, Cher Lloyd, Danyl, Ray Quinn, Diana Vickers, Daniel Evans, Leon Jackson and Jamie Archer.

Can I play?

Eggnog, Rachel Hylton, Hilary Wank, Katie Weasel, Frankie, Misha B, Army Wanker from last year, Lucy, Kye, Christopher

Oh my god I can't believe I left out Frankie Cockoza!!!

Get rid of Leon Jackson and swap in Frankie then. Mischa B came close. At the time I didn't actually hate Ray Quinn but hindsight I can't believe I didn't.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 651
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 15/11/2012 2:30:39 PM   
Cruisecontroller

I wish Gary Barlow or Chris Malohney would get asked directly why Chris doesn`t sing anything current. He`s clearly a nice guy with a good voice but it really annoys me that he doesn`t sing anything from say the last 20 years or so from what I can remember anyway. There is a market for easy listening singers covering cult retro hits like he is doing but if he wants to do well in the singles charts which must be a priorty for an X Factor singer he surely has to be current. It clearly isn`t something he is comfortable doing otherwise he would have done it, he still seems popular and you don`t expect him to start rapping that wouldn`t work at all but I`d just like him to try and for someone to confront them directly with the question. It`s been a fair criticism from the other judges but Gary or Chris hasn`t addressed it just that Chris is clearly popular, can sing and is trying. As for Rylan he is the weakest singer and doesn`t deserve to be in the final but he is entertaining more so than Chris and Union J. Ella, James and Jermaine for the final three.

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

Post #: 652
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 15/11/2012 4:42:44 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

James - best act on the show by a mile

Yes, but he should not win. I don't think he's a bad lad, so the sell-out of any musical soul he has when X-Factor try to turn him into some pop act will crush him.
quote:

So obviously will make money playing gay clubs that he's better set than most of the contestants coming off this year. He can't sing, but without him the program will be as exciting as Barlow
quote:

Ella - really good voice but does the same thing every week. She's boring

Too young. Its a shame as she can hit some great notes, but doesn't have any life experience to put into it. I must admit to spending most of the time she's singing wondering if she could return on BGT as an act that can put a whole bowling ball in their mouth
quote:

Jahmene - wouldn't know subtlety if it took a baseball bat and smashed him in his annoying face. Just screeches every week, nobody is going to want to hear that on a record.

I just get an urge to punch him whenever I see him. Which is wrong as I'm sure he's like a really nice bloke. But I do want to punch him.
quote:

UnionJ - the one who sings the most has a really good voice. Apart from that they're boring. And I hate the one who looks like Cillian Murphy with big hair. He gurns at the camera looking like he's got an IQ of 32 and has just seen colours for the first time.

meh
quote:

Chris - I cannot explain how much I fucking hate this total fuckshit. I fucking hate his fucking fake nerves. I fucking hate his boring as shit fucking cruise ship covers. I fucking hate his fucking eyelined to the max face. I'd hinestly put him in my top 10 most hated X Factor contestants along with Eoghan Quigg, Katie Waissel, Cher Lloyd, Danyl, Ray Quinn, Diana Vickers, Daniel Evans, Leon Jackson and Jamie Archer.

I mostly hate the idea that everyone from Liverpool is voting for him because he's from Liverpool. I don't get this vote for the person because you'll have the tiniest possible amount of reflected glory that someone in a population of 100s of thousands who you have never met, who vaguely lives in the same area as you is not kicked out of a TV program.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 653
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 15/11/2012 4:52:54 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

quote:

So obviously will make money playing gay clubs that he's better set than most of the contestants coming off this year. He can't sing, but without him the program will be as exciting as Barlow

I think he'll get some kind of reality show.

quote:

Too young. Its a shame as she can hit some great notes, but doesn't have any life experience to put into it. I must admit to spending most of the time she's singing wondering if she could return on BGT as an act that can put a whole bowling ball in their mouth

Trying to figure out if she's too young to make the obvious joke there.

quote:

I mostly hate the idea that everyone from Liverpool is voting for him because he's from Liverpool.

I read the suggestion on another website that it's actually all of Manchester voting for him because they really really want to make Liverpool look bad.

Post #: 654
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 15/11/2012 4:58:19 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

Trying to figure out if she's too young to make the obvious joke there.

Are you a peer of the realm m'lud?

quote:

quote:

I mostly hate the idea that everyone from Liverpool is voting for him because he's from Liverpool.

I read the suggestion on another website that it's actually all of Manchester voting for him because they really really want to make Liverpool look bad.

Genius . Next I'll learn that Liam Gallagher is a scouser in disguise.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 655
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 18/11/2012 10:58:35 AM   
steffols

That huge Christopher Maloney mosiac face with beams of light for eyes will live forever in my nightmares.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

Post #: 656
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 18/11/2012 1:10:31 PM   
matty_b

It was like something you'd be expected to salute if Gary Barlow took over the world and installed a dictatorship.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 657
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 18/11/2012 1:47:26 PM   
rawlinson

It's part of the plan to get him out. Have the judges give him less harsh comments so he won't get a sympathy vote, then arrange his backdrop so he reminds people of a very tacky Satan.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 658
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 18/11/2012 4:09:55 PM   
matty_b

This was pretty much my first episode of this series, so a couple of thoughts -

Christopher reeks of desperation. When the work dries up for him by January 2nd, I seriously think he'll end up self-harming.

Jahmene - what's wrong with him, exactly?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 659
RE: X-Factor 2012 - 18/11/2012 4:25:53 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Jahmene - what's wrong with him, exactly?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/20/x-factor-jahmene-douglas_n_1992180.html

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 660
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: X-Factor 2012 Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI