Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

X-Factor 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> X-Factor 2011 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
X-Factor 2011 - 20/8/2011 8:59:17 PM   
Hood_Man

I saw the old thread but I figured we might as well start a new one, since they get so large!

To be honest I know... Louis Walsh and Gary Barlow on the judges panel, who are the women?

So... thoughts so far? This Irish girl on now, am I missing something? Yeah she's nervous but she doesn't sound that good anyway, but she just got a standing ovation and amazingly positive feedback from the judges
Post #: 1
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 20/8/2011 9:15:40 PM   
Hood_Man

...the second he walks out it seemed like the sharks were sniffing blood, why do the security guards turn up to take him away from the judges, but the crazy asian lady gets to put her leg around them? Fair enough he got aggressive and defensive when they laid into him, but Jesus!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 2
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 20/8/2011 9:58:15 PM   
MI Cruise

The Irish girl was quite good, and the guy at the start was also alright.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 3
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 20/8/2011 9:59:30 PM   
galvatron

You only ever see about 5 people auditioning! The editing is awful. 

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 4
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 20/8/2011 10:03:54 PM   
MI Cruise

not to mention the usual montage of bad acts.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 5
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 20/8/2011 11:59:19 PM   
bub

Never noticed it before but Gary Barlow talks reeeaaaallllyyyy slloooowwwwlllly. Also I have no idea who the Cheral Cole look a like is... seriously who's N Dubz or Dub Step or whatever she's called?

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 6
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 21/8/2011 12:23:54 AM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: bub

Never noticed it before but Gary Barlow talks reeeaaaallllyyyy slloooowwwwlllly. Also I have no idea who the Cheral Cole look a like is... seriously who's N Dubz or Dub Step or whatever she's called?

N Dubz are a pop band. Yes I agree, it does seem unreasonable to have a member of a pop band on the judging panel of a show to find popstars.

< Message edited by Rhubarb -- 21/8/2011 12:24:08 AM >

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 7
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 21/8/2011 12:34:01 AM   
MI Cruise

the guy at the end did a really bad job at clearing his name, although it is sometimes fun to watch people crack.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 8
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 21/8/2011 1:02:43 AM   
fuzzy

The aggressive guy at the end is evidence that it's an entertainment show first and foremost. You have to go through producer tests/auditions before getting anywhere near the stage you see on TV before the judges and Dermot. You just don't line up outside and go straight on stage - those judges would be sitting there all week otherwise. The guy is there because of past history with the show and the producers know he'd kick off. It's pantomime boys and girls.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 9
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 21/8/2011 1:34:31 AM   
theoriginalcynic

The first guy is a complete moron, how's he gonna explain to his future wife that he has seven girls names tattooed on his bum? And he was an average singer.  The early rounds annoy me - instead of showing decent singers they show all the rejects.  How anyone can watch this live without fastforwarding is beyond me.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 10
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 21/8/2011 1:58:25 AM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

The aggressive guy at the end is evidence that it's an entertainment show first and foremost. You have to go through producer tests/auditions before getting anywhere near the stage you see on TV before the judges and Dermot. You just don't line up outside and go straight on stage - those judges would be sitting there all week otherwise. The guy is there because of past history with the show and the producers know he'd kick off. It's pantomime boys and girls.

Researchers even go up and down the queues listening to people sing and will then either send them home or put them through to the next audition with a senior researcher or assistant producer.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 11
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 21/8/2011 9:51:06 AM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

The first guy is a complete moron, how's he gonna explain to his future wife that he has seven girls names tattooed on his bum? And he was an average singer.  The early rounds annoy me - instead of showing decent singers they show all the rejects.  How anyone can watch this live without fastforwarding is beyond me.

I just watch on youtube. You can watch a hour long show in about 15 mins. The official vids are seriously out of synch at the mo - I assume they will fix it but you can't leave comments to alert them.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 12
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 21/8/2011 10:38:09 AM   
steffols

The Irish girl. She was good, but she was a complete copy of Ellie Goulding. She didn't just look like her, she sounded EXACTLY the same. Not to mention the show had someone like her on the live finals in the shape of Diana Vickers. The shy blonde kooky girl angle has been done so many times now. And I hate it when people act overly shy. It was so obvious she was putting that on.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 13
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 21/8/2011 10:40:25 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

How the hell did that lady from Hong Kong get through? Barlow looks like he might be the only judge with any sense. I'd have booted the first lad as well, simply because he annoyed me.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 14
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 21/8/2011 1:02:06 PM   
MI Cruise

Gary being Simon's replacement is doing a good job of judging strictly like Cowell used to. I dont really have any problems with Tulisa or Kelly at the moment but Louis sometimes can get annoying.

Post #: 15
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 21/8/2011 2:12:47 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I thought it was a good show and refreshing to see a new line up, the old bunch were stale beyond belief, I mean Cheryl and Danni had zero personality and Cowell was a like a broken record regurgitating the same lines he had been for years.

Gary Barlow done a decent job playing Mr Nasty although you get the feeling that's in his brief as normally he comes across a decent bloke. I have instantly developed a crush on Tulisa and Kelly Rowland seems pretty cool as well.

As for the acts, the Irish lass was really good and while I agree she's got the Vicker's vibe there's no denying her talent. The crazy Japanese woman was hilarious and the knobend who got aggressive made great TV. The cheeky chap with the tattoos was also good fun as he is clearly up for a laugh.

All in all a good start in my eyes

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 16
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 21/8/2011 2:34:33 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

Tulisa looks a lot like the woman from the Real Hustle.

I watched this on ITV player - there are so many adverts and not enough singers showcased. Though the aggressive guy at the end made the show worth watching.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 17
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 21/8/2011 3:48:44 PM   
MI Cruise

The opening episode was watched by 10.5 million viewers

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 18
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 21/8/2011 3:54:41 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sumintelligentguy

Tulisa looks a lot like the woman from the Real Hustle.

I watched this on ITV player - there are so many adverts and not enough singers showcased. Though the aggressive guy at the end made the show worth watching.

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 19
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 21/8/2011 7:01:12 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I don't see it.  Ten million viewers, see it doesn't matter who the judges are, it's the format that people wanna watch.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 20
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 22/8/2011 4:26:42 PM   
JIm R

I think Barlow managed to be relatively measured, and was pretty much spot on with each of his decisions.

Post #: 21
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 22/8/2011 4:43:08 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I don't think he was.  He went overboard on the Irish girl (she was ok but not amazing.) And personally I wouldn't have put the first guy through because he annoyed me and his voice was only average.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 22
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 22/8/2011 4:45:52 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

I don't think he was.  He went overboard on the Irish girl (she was ok but not amazing.) And personally I wouldn't have put the first guy through because he annoyed me and his voice was only average.

Okay, I'll re-word, for a show that every move and decision is pre-determind and set in motion prior to broadcast, his decisions tied in with what the producers wanted.

Post #: 23
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 22/8/2011 6:33:03 PM   
HIM

I recorded this and watched it on Sunday and it really struck me how little actual content there is in the show nowadays. It was about 20 minutes before the first audition and then after that it was virtually one audition then an ad break. Then another audition and another ad break. Then there was a short montage of the usual loonies before another audition and then back to an ad break. It was ridiculous.

On the subject of the Irish girl, why the hell did someone who, at this stage is only through to boot camp, get a backstory VT (that stands for 'videotape') showing her pottering around her room in Ireland? Doesn't this only happen when the act gets through to judges houses at least?

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 24
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 22/8/2011 8:24:25 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

I recorded this and watched it on Sunday and it really struck me how little actual content there is in the show nowadays. It was about 20 minutes before the first audition and then after that it was virtually one audition then an ad break. Then another audition and another ad break. Then there was a short montage of the usual loonies before another audition and then back to an ad break. It was ridiculous.

On the subject of the Irish girl, why the hell did someone who, at this stage is only through to boot camp, get a backstory VT (that stands for 'videotape') showing her pottering around her room in Ireland? Doesn't this only happen when the act gets through to judges houses at least?

Kinda gives you a big clue as to how she'll do doesn't it? They had one for that Welsh girl Lucy something that got through ot the finals on her first audtion if I remember right.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 25
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 22/8/2011 8:58:19 PM   
HIM

Yeah as soon as the VT (that stands for 'videotape') started I thought, "She's clearly brilliant and is going through." To be fair she was really good, if not very original.

Post #: 26
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 22/8/2011 9:06:05 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

so what does VT stand for?

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 27
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 22/8/2011 9:09:03 PM   
sanchia

My friend and myself were of the opinion it would have been good if they did the whole background thing and then she sang like a cat having sex. As soon as the video started you knew she was through.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 28
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 23/8/2011 8:22:51 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

Kinda gives you a big clue as to how she'll do doesn't it? They had one for that Welsh girl Lucy something that got through ot the finals on her first audtion if I remember right.

It's the sort of thing that makes me really dislike the programme, it just comes across as being so contrived.  Yeah, Irish girl was OK but the minute she started I thought "Diana Vickers" (who I couldn't stand).  And she might as well have just declared she was singing "Your Song by Ellie Goulding" rather than anything by Elton John.

I couldn't stand the woman who sang Lady Gaga either, it really grates on me when people on that show talk and act as though they are already famous.  The obnoxious way she sat there on the edge of the stage, swinging her feet and not letting the judges get a word in edgeways really irked me and reminded me very much of Katie Waissel.  I read in the paper that she's a bit of a mentalist though so I kind of hope they'll not put her through.  Saying that, I'm not too keen on watching it this year.

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

Post #: 29
RE: X-Factor 2011 - 23/8/2011 8:54:27 PM   
matty_b

I won't be watching it - well, apart from when my job dictates that I have to - but I'll probably be popping into this thread because some of the rage that gets poured in previous X Factor threads is usually worth a laugh. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> X-Factor 2011 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI