Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Will Young - Echoes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> Will Young - Echoes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will Young - Echoes - 20/8/2011 2:53:57 PM   
losthighway

Just listened to his new album twice through... Production by Richard X sounds tight and it's just a very good album, which i'll definitely be purchasing when released this Monday. Anyone else heard it? Thoughts???

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.
Post #: 1
RE: Will Young - Echoes - 27/8/2011 10:01:22 PM   
Ant_1971

A brilliant comeback album. Jealously is a GREAT come back single. A truly exceptional talent live.

Hats off to you losthighway for the post.

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 2
RE: Will Young - Echoes - 31/8/2011 6:23:07 PM   
losthighway

Has no one else apart from Ant and I heard this album!? It's Number 1 in the album charts so i presume someone else here must have heard it!!??

(in reply to Ant_1971)
Post #: 3
RE: Will Young - Echoes - 1/9/2011 4:54:21 PM   
moontheloon

I work at HMV So I have indeed heard it.

The reason I haven't posted here is because to be honest with you I am not a Will Young fan. He seems like a decent chap when I see him interviewed in TV and the like, so I don't want to be too hard on him, I just find his music a bit bland for my liking. If I can be positive about it for a moment though, it is more listenable than a lot of the tripe that we play in the shop and that is in the charts at the moment, for example, i would rather listen to the new Will Young album for an hour than listen to another minute of Bruno Mars, JLS, LMFAO, or other such artists.

But overall I am not a fan of his, and this new album did little to change my mind of that.

Sorry.

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

Post #: 4
RE: Will Young - Echoes - 5/9/2011 9:42:25 AM   
losthighway

quote:

ORIGINAL: moontheloon

I work at HMV So I have indeed heard it.

The reason I haven't posted here is because to be honest with you I am not a Will Young fan. He seems like a decent chap when I see him interviewed in TV and the like, so I don't want to be too hard on him, I just find his music a bit bland for my liking. If I can be positive about it for a moment though, it is more listenable than a lot of the tripe that we play in the shop and that is in the charts at the moment, for example, i would rather listen to the new Will Young album for an hour than listen to another minute of Bruno Mars, JLS, LMFAO, or other such artists.

But overall I am not a fan of his, and this new album did little to change my mind of that.

Sorry.

Don't apologise! It's an opinion moon... better than nothing at all!! To be honest, i've not really followed Will for a few years now but after listening to his album online via Facebook pre-release it really impressed me, so ended up buying it. I agree though... those other acts you mentioned would indeed make my ears bleed too!

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 5
RE: Will Young - Echoes - 12/6/2012 2:22:46 PM   
JaneMT

I think this album is pure class. I think Hearts on Fire and Happy now are really moving and I love how dramtic Will can be. I think this is a really worthwhile album!

I also love how WIll's voice really suits musical theatre and often his music videos reflect the style.

I hard that Will Young will star in the new revival of Cabaret in London from October. I AM SO excited that he has finally taken this step towards true musical theatre as he is just a natural born performer! Maybe one day he will release an album of show tunes or big band numbers like Robbie Williams Swing When You're Winning?

What a great, genuine and talented guy! Good luck Will!

JaneM

Post #: 6
RE: Will Young - Echoes - 12/6/2012 3:28:14 PM   
railwayqi

If I can be positive about it for a moment though, it is more listenable than a lot of the tripe that we play in the shop and that is in the charts at the moment, for example

(in reply to JaneMT)
Post #: 7
RE: Will Young - Echoes - 14/6/2012 8:25:32 AM   
arnnmanyili

so I don't want to be too hard on him, I just find his music a bit bland for my liking. If I can be positive about it for a moment though, it is more listenable than a lot of the tripe that we play in the shop and that is in the charts at the moment
Post #: 8
RE: Will Young - Echoes - 14/6/2012 11:39:13 AM   
Toby Monroe

Fit or Fugly score: 3/10

(in reply to arnnmanyili)
Post #: 9
RE: Will Young - Echoes - 21/6/2012 3:49:39 AM   
Lazarus munkey

"Have your ears been hurt in an accident and it was Will Young's fault?"

"Because I got the answers"

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
The Amazing Spider-Man 3/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> Will Young - Echoes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI