Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Bloody brilliant!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Bloody brilliant! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bloody brilliant! - 24/8/2011 2:14:49 PM   
Empo

Your all wrong in my opinion, this film was awesome! The Dancing scene; i was in stitches and so was the packed cinema. Obvbiously your idea of comedy isnt this but anyone else shouldnt be put off by these reviews they dnt no wat there saying, if your a mega fan of the show GO SEE THIS MOVIE!! You will not be disappointed!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
James - 24/8/2011 2:33:06 PM   
barbydoll

I've got to say I really enjoyed this film although although I didn't expect to based on previous sitcoms transitions to the big screen. It was remarkably poignant at times particularly Jay's realisation that they wouldn't be together forever. The girls were also a nice addition to the film adding additional humour. Beyond this it was everything you would expect from the Inbetweeners. It mocked the disabled, almost drowned a nine year old Greek boy, lots of nudity, alcohol induced sickness and crude but most of all it was funny as hell and although criticisms have been made of the ending I found it to be comforting in that if those lads can find girlfriends all socially awkward but essentially decent people can.

Post #: 32
RE: Laugh-free, dull, repetitive... - 24/8/2011 2:34:58 PM   
barbydoll

Agreed it was hardly cinematic prowess but who really takes the inbetweeners like that it was crude and rude but hell it was funny as hell!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 33
RE: Bloody brilliant! - 25/8/2011 10:04:35 AM   
Chief

Watched last night and thought it was bloody funny!

Really glad I read the review AFTER I'd seen it, it gives away the punchlines to a lot of the the jokes.

Highlights were the opening scene in Jay's bedroom and the first time the guys dance up to the girls.

Brilliant.

(in reply to Empo)
Post #: 34
RE: Bloody brilliant! - 25/8/2011 9:51:05 PM   
Piles

Saw it earlier. It was okay.

Top 100 Moz Songs / Top 100 Films

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 35
RE: Bloody brilliant! - 26/8/2011 7:39:50 PM   
Roykfrapp

It’s pretty much as feared: while Channel 4’s ‘The Inbetweeners’ series delivers plenty of laughs in quick fire half-hour spurts(or so a lot will tell you), it fails miserably as big-screen comedy.
If i wanted to watch a load of juvenile delinquents, swearing, being vile and getting into all manner of scrapes i can do that on any given Friday or Saturday night. Hell why don't i just take a hand held with me and fly over to Crete and film myself a pack of party-goers 'havin a laff' promote it and release it and make a hell of a load of cash. Same thing right?
A couple of amusing moments aside this is drivel of the highest order. But, and i repeat begrudgingly, but it is pretty much critic-proof. it has such a huge fan base and the source material is based on a TV series so its all down to weather you like the TV show or not. As you can tell, i do not!

http://www.freewebs.com/therewillbefilmreviews/

(in reply to Piles)
Post #: 36
RE: Laugh-free, dull, repetitive... - 27/8/2011 12:41:39 AM   
hatebox

Thought this would be at more than 2 pages given how huge its first week had been.

Anyway, it's the defintion of a 3 star movie. Liking the show is understandably mandatory, and the film pretty much dies on its arse about halfway through when the writers realise they have to accomodate a feature length story. But I did laugh quite a few times.

One odd thing that annoyed me: the sound mixing. Apart from the dialogue everything was so quiet, even in the clubs. No sense of place or atmosphere. On TV you can get away with it but in a huge cinema...

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 37
Filmed in-between high seasons? - 27/8/2011 10:14:50 AM   
filmsunlimited

Overall this is enjoyable (the speech at the end of the school year from the head of 6th form is just superb.) And very funny - at first. It seems to lose pace in the middle as the imperfect transition from 25 minute episode to feature length film bites. A very poor ending as well, as if they just though 'Enough material here' and gave up. Anyone familiar with Magaluf will notice much of the film was filmed in Magaluf and not Malia (despite the obvious crude attempts to claim otherwise eg 'I Love Malia' emblazoned on a girl's back and a greek website on the boat. Not that there would have been anything wrong with just saying it was Magaluf , Magaluf, Malia, no great difference surely? Maybe Malia sounds a tad more exotic and Magaluf is too 90s for a 2011 film? Back to my title, it is a bit obvious at times that the film was actually shot in some temperature in the mid teens cloudy day in March. You can fade the background but anyone with a BTEC in meteorology knows that Malia is unlbroken sunshine in August, not overcast! And the empty club? Controversial, it does reek of 'we filmed this out of season' although to be fair that is sort of the point, they end up in a deserted club that looks cool from the outside (been there, doen it) and I suppose you wouldnt hear much dialogue if they treid shooting in a BSM washing machine party in high season. Enjoyable but somewhat flawed.

Post #: 38
The Inbetweeners - 29/8/2011 10:10:26 AM   
Scruffybobby

The Inbetweeners Movie is pretty much a half a series or so of the sitcom on a bigger screen and there's nothing to complain about there. This is the end of the franchise and that is a good thing as it hasn't outstayed its welcome

It's crude, rude and tasteless but it's also good hearted. As pompous, gormless, obnoixous or patheic as Will, Neil Jay and Simon may be you can't help but like them. You want them to do well even as you enjoy their constant humiliatons and there's plenty of those for all concerned. Amongst all the knobs, puke and shit jokes there some real moments of warmth - like Will and Neil's conversation about the secret of happiness. The lads find good matches for themselves with Laura Haddock's Alison  a smart (mostly) foil for Will's pomposity and the other girls well matched with their guys although it's a little hard to believe that Lucy would be so hung up on Simon given his obession with Carly - although the end of that thread is nicely underplayed.

After three series of the sitcom there's a real sense of friendship between the four leads. They take the piss out of each other they have stupid (and very funny) fights but underneath it all they care about each other. It's well played by Bird, Harrison, Thomas and Buckley (the last two especially game). The film has already been a huge hit in the UK and whilst it's unlikely to repeat that success overseas it's good to see a domestic film do so well, especially when it's as much fun as this.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to filmsunlimited)
Post #: 39
RE: Bloody brilliant! - 31/8/2011 1:01:43 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Piles

Saw it earlier. It was okay.

^ This

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Piles)
Post #: 40
RE: Bloody brilliant! - 31/8/2011 4:02:58 PM   
_hank_scorpio_

It was a fantastic film.

Reminded me so much of my mates and us when we were that age. That's what teenagers are really like. And it will go down as one of the greatest British comedies ever. It did break the Box Office record already didn't it?

Well I enjoyed it.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 41
RE: Laugh-free, dull, repetitive... - 31/8/2011 10:12:30 PM   
Piles

EDIT: LOL I've already commented in here why did I do so again?

Top 100 Moz Songs / Top 100 Films

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 42
Great - 1/9/2011 11:11:35 AM   
trainedasninja

Although the inbetweeners movie feels like an extended episode and the humour is not for everyone, there is alot to praise about the movie as a realistic portrayal of teenagers and that the jokes are many and fast. Fans couldnt have hoped for better film.

Post #: 43
RE: Great - 1/9/2011 12:32:41 PM   
_hank_scorpio_

There was so many jokes going on in the background while another joke being made in the foreground. I'll have to watch it again.

Probably have a series marathon followed by the movie when it comes out on DVD :D

(in reply to trainedasninja)
Post #: 44
RE: Great - 1/9/2011 1:57:59 PM   
ak1990

I completely loved this film, but like someone said earlier in the thread, the scene with Simon selling his clothes was awful, no one's that stupid. Still, I laughed my head off for most of it.

(in reply to _hank_scorpio_)
Post #: 45
RE: Great - 4/9/2011 4:09:33 PM   
thetruth

This was ok.It starts well then ends a mess.
It simply runs out of pace and writing and goes for the juvenile cliched gags.
2 stars.

Without love we are dead

Protect children from vile and obscene videos

(in reply to ak1990)
Post #: 46
laugh a minute - 16/9/2011 10:59:55 PM   
HERMES_67

classic film. had me crying with laughter in places. well worth a watch. enjoy.......

Post #: 47
JUST VERY FUNNY MOVIE ! - 1/10/2011 7:55:20 PM   
soulfood

Just very, funny movie (A MUST SEE MOVIE)

Post #: 48
The Inbetweeners Movie: Review - 2/10/2011 5:25:42 PM   
Edward9630

The Inbetweeners Movie is a fantastic film. It has a great story, great cast and there are so many funny moments in this film. I swear most of the film I was just laughing the whole way through, it was that funny. I love the Inbetweeners show and so to see the show put into the movie and on the big screen was brilliant. This is definitely the funniest film I've seen so far this year. I would recommend to go see this film.

Post #: 49
Comedy Film of the Year - 25/10/2011 10:42:44 AM   
Ciaran McDaid

Way Better Than The Hangover Part 2

Post #: 50
RE: Just awful - 14/12/2011 9:23:33 AM   
narmour

quote:

ORIGINAL: J_BUltimatum

Quite possibly one of the most pointless films ever made. Pretty much un-original, un-funny and ridiculously boring. They should have just made this a straight to DVD outing. All I have to say is thank god they won't make any more!

Your last line suggests that you don't like the Inbetweeners franchise at all. So why bother going to see the movie?

(in reply to J_BUltimatum)
Post #: 51
Very poor - 18/12/2011 5:36:33 PM   
spilsburt

I think there was one funny scene in the whole movie. I love the show and this was a real let down. I was hoping for young ones meets porkies and instead I got an episode of hollyoaks with swearing in it.

Post #: 52
Hmm - 21/12/2011 11:04:16 AM   
guysalisbury

The first 2 series were brilliant. The 3rd series was average. The film was just pretty rubbish! Will was the only person who saved this for me.

Post #: 53
suckfest - 22/12/2011 11:31:51 AM   
xpialidoceous

Don't know the series. Watching the film now. The fact that I'm writing this review halfway through out of boredom doesn't bode well for it. It's moronic swearing with light giggles throughout. 4 stars Empire? Really? How many muffins were in that gift basket?

Post #: 54
RE: The Inbetweeners Movie - 28/12/2011 5:10:29 PM   
Super Hans

Finally got round to watching this as my wife received it as a Christmas present. Considering the mixed reviews and the fact that TV to film doesn't always work well, I thought it was a very good effort.  The humour was pretty much as you'd expect - very much like a long TV episode.

Very funny stuff, probably better than much of series 3, where the joke seemed to wearing thin in many ways.

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

Post #: 55
RE: The Inbetweeners Movie - 28/12/2011 5:21:30 PM   
Rgirvan44

It was interesting how they didn't fall back on the old stuff. Gilbert gets one scene, the word clunge is never uttered. 

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 56
RE: The Inbetweeners Movie - 28/12/2011 5:30:23 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

It was interesting how they didn't fall back on the old stuff. Gilbert gets one scene, the word clunge is never uttered. 

Indeed.  Even Neil's dad didn't get bad mouthed too much I don't think?  On that note though I was a little disappointed - I'm sure I read somewhere that a running joke of the series was settled once and for all - I hoped it was going to be proper evidence of Neil's dad's sexuality!  The 'kids toilet' made up for it though...

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 57
An Underwhelming Experience - 23/1/2012 11:30:57 AM   
blaud

As I have not been an avid viewer of the show for any extended period of time, I wasn't sure whether I'd find anything to enjoy in this movie. I had been told, however, that it was not necessary to like the show in order to enjoy the film. I'm sure for some people this is true, but most definitely not for me. The film is a poorly written mess, and although there are some scenes and gags that are, frankly, brilliantly funny, the run time does not justify the ratio of hits to misses, which is wildly disproportionate in favour of misses. I found the characters to be irritating and unlikeable, the story to be hackneyed (as well as being the story of a million other teen movies), and the whole experience to be completely unengaging, and a real let down after the high hopes I had.

Post #: 58
Judging by these reviews - 28/5/2012 2:38:19 PM   
MusicLovesYou

Bit of a mixed bag. I really enjoyed it. A lot more tender and bittersweet than the series, obviously inbetween the granny fingering and klacking in bidets comedic moments. The central relationship between Will and Alison is sweet and believeable without being mawkish and the other female leads, with the exception of Lisa, get plenty to do. I'd say they've gone out on a high.

Post #: 59
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Bloody brilliant! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI