Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Movie Con V

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Movie Con V Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Movie Con V - 15/8/2011 9:16:10 PM   
SamSolo

quote:

ORIGINAL: azzman1984

quote:

ORIGINAL: TEFFH

I aim to be there next year, just one thought:
If they show Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter, and have a pint of milk interview with Dominic Cooper (again), will he find out how much a pint of milk actually costs between now and then?

If the dates for next year's event would be around August time like this year then their would be no point of showing AL:VH seem it would already be out in the UK before that. Although i heard nothing but great things about the pint of milk interview with Dominic Cooper but i want The Rock to do it next year

**** it! Count me in too. Dave can stay home and babysit.

C.J.: They sent me two turkeys. The most photo-friendly of the two gets a Presidential pardon and a full life at a childrens zoo. The runner-up gets eaten.
BARTLET: If the Oscars were like that, Id watch.

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 31
RE: Movie Con V - 15/8/2011 10:16:05 PM   
Kesker

quote:

ORIGINAL: The_Warrior

Hey,

Just a few thoughts.

Empire whoever provided you with the Sherlock clips on Blu ray need's to learn how to encode properly to BD-R, the aspect ratio was way off, 4x3 clips, when clearly the material was 16x9 or perhaps your player itself was set to 4x3?

As a empire reader/subscriber since 1992/93, I too didnt receive the goodie bag that some of the other members got, which was a real shame.

I will say I did enjoy myself and look forward to being back next year, but if I pay top whack, then please justify my hard earnt money, and make my diamond experience special.

Thanks Empire.

Dude, read the first post of this thread. So totally not the right place to be putting this stuff.

< Message edited by Kesker -- 15/8/2011 10:55:22 PM >

"This is hardly the time to be conjugating temporal verbs in the past and possible never tense."
Post #: 32
RE: Movie Con V - 15/8/2011 10:41:29 PM   
The_Warrior

My bad, wrong thread.

(in reply to Kesker)
Post #: 33
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 12:15:19 AM   
azzman1984

Heres the suggestions i made on page 1 and i made a simple tweak

Pint of Milk with Dwayne Johnson, hosted by Helen for the Saturday
UK premiere of Riddick and a Q & A with Vin Deisel
Secret screening of The Expendables 2 on the final night or an UK premiere with the enitre cast showing up
Secret screening of Dredd in 2D instead of 3D with an unannouced Q & A and meet and greet with Karl Ubran after the film finishes
Secret screening of Looper featuring an intro from JGL
World exclusive footage from the movie Frankenweenie which include a Q and A from Tim Burton
World exclusive footage from the 23rd Bond film
Secret screening of This Is Forty
An panel for The Hobbit with the enitre cast showing up answering questions from fans and showing footage from both films.

Now i am gonna add some more:

An Q & A with Quentin Tarantino
World exclusive footage from Django Unchained and at the end the panel of Jamie Foxx, Samuel L. Jackson and Christoph Waltz show up and do an Q & A with the fans
The offical annoucment of the third part of the Ice Cream Trilogy with Simion Pegg, Nick Frost, Director Edgar Wright and Dwayne Johnson all showing up
Michael Fassbender doing the pint of milk interview for the Sunday
World exclusive footage of Monsters University plus an offical annoucement of Pixar's next movie thats coming out in November of 2013
Supernatural panel with the entire cast showing up doing a Q & A hosted by Helen
The Twlight Saga Breaking Down Part 2 panel with the main cast members showing up doing an Q & A and show footage from the film
Christopher Nolan Interview about his career and end it with an Q & A with the fans
World exclusive footage of Man Of Steel which include an intro video from Henry Cavail and after the footage finishes, Henry shows up and does a meet and greet/signing with fans

So what u ladies and gents think of this now ??

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 34
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 12:25:19 AM   
LadyFrampton

Dear Empire,

Pretty please can we have some Dark Knight Rises panellage? I know it will be out by then (July 2012) but some "End of Nolan's Batman" stuff would be pretty great.
Boo and hiss me all you like, I'm excited.

So while we're on mask films, yes Avengers too! Should i start writing two letters a week to Mr Downey JR? Dear sir, pretty please come to our party.

Someone has mentioned Dan Akroyd? Well Ghostbusters 3 is a 2012 film, allegedly, so here's hoping! If that gets confirmed, I'm coming as Janine. Fact.

Other 2012 films, Snow White the Huntsman, Die Hard 5, Cogan's Trade (Brad gets four letters a week, not because he's pretty, but because I think he'd be very funny), A Dorothy of Oz panel would be brilliant for me - especially considering the voice talent (Kelsey Grammer, Martin Short, Lea Michele, Patrick Stewart and Dan Akroyd among others).

I'd like to see a little more of the sponsor's material present next year too! Whiskey this year, champagne next year! Yes please

LF xx

(in reply to The_Warrior)
Post #: 35
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 12:32:37 AM   
azzman1984

Hmm interesting suggestions there but i just hope the Empire staff could take my suggestions under consideration, fingers crossed the Pint of Milk double bill with Dwayne Johnson (hosted by Helen) and Michael Fassbender (hosted by Chris)

(in reply to LadyFrampton)
Post #: 36
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 12:35:07 AM   
LadyFrampton

Official Dan Akroyd appearance campaign starting here? Shoul dI make badges and flyers?

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 37
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 12:36:14 AM   
azzman1984

quote:

ORIGINAL: LadyFrampton

Official Dan Akroyd appearance campaign starting here? Shoul dI make badges and flyers?

Bill Murray all the way!!

Post #: 38
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 1:18:23 AM   
azzman1984

I read that their was a screening of Kick-Ass with Chloe Mortiz doing an Q & A/signing and seem this was a movie that came out last year, well heres an fool proof, crowd pleasing idea

Fast Five extended cut screening with a Q & A and signing/meet and greet with Dwayne Johnson and Vin Desiel

I am just full of ideas at the moment!! I just hope the Empire staff take notice.

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 39
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 1:25:52 AM   
LadyFrampton

How about all four Ghostbusters?

Dan Akroyd (as far as I am aware) has a great rep for doing it for the fans; a gorgeous gent I know (not Chris Hewitt) once recieved a phone call from him as they had applied to the estate for the rights to perform Blues Brothers in an amateur capacity. Mr Akroyd personally called his home phone to speak to him and and say ok!

How mint is that? Very mint. Much mintness.

< Message edited by LadyFrampton -- 16/8/2011 1:26:41 AM >

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 40
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 1:27:23 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

Secret screening of The Expendables 2 on the final night or an UK premiere with the enitre cast showing up

THIS. It would be frakkin' AWESOME!!!!

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 41
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 1:40:55 AM   
azzman1984

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

quote:

THIS. It would be frakkin' AWESOME!!!!

Glad u like that idea I think Empire should really take a look at this becuase if this would happen, it would be the biggest draw of next years event!!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 42
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 7:29:37 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Absolutely. And it'd be a refreshing change from the constant coverage and 'exclusives' on comic-book and superhero-based projectrs.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 43
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 9:35:24 AM   
electricsensei

quote:

How about all four Ghostbusters?

Now that would be hashtagamazing!

MERLIN!!

Post #: 44
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 2:08:43 PM   
azzman1984

I would love to see the orginal cast of Ghostbusters show up at next years event

I would like to see what other people's thoughts on who should appear at MC5 next year

(in reply to electricsensei)
Post #: 45
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 2:15:17 PM   
nvh1982

quote:

Heres the suggestions i made on page 1 and i made a simple tweak

Pint of Milk with Dwayne Johnson, hosted by Helen for the Saturday
UK premiere of Riddick and a Q & A with Vin Deisel
Secret screening of Dredd in 2D instead of 3D with an unannouced Q & A and meet and greet with Karl Ubran after the film finishes
Secret screening of Looper featuring an intro from JGL
World exclusive footage from the movie Frankenweenie which include a Q and A from Tim Burton
World exclusive footage from the 23rd Bond film
Secret screening of This Is Forty
An panel for The Hobbit with the enitre cast showing up answering questions from fans and showing footage from both films.

Now i am gonna add some more:

An Q & A with Quentin Tarantino
World exclusive footage from Django Unchained and at the end the panel of Jamie Foxx, Samuel L. Jackson and Christoph Waltz show up and do an Q & A with the fans
The offical annoucment of the third part of the Ice Cream Trilogy with Simion Pegg, Nick Frost, Director Edgar Wright and Dwayne Johnson all showing up
Michael Fassbender doing the pint of milk interview for the Sunday
World exclusive footage of Monsters University plus an offical annoucement of Pixar's next movie thats coming out in November of 2013
Supernatural panel with the entire cast showing up doing a Q & A hosted by Helen
The Twlight Saga Breaking Down Part 2 panel with the main cast members showing up doing an Q & A and show footage from the film
Christopher Nolan Interview about his career and end it with an Q & A with the fans
World exclusive footage of Man Of Steel which include an intro video from Henry Cavail and after the footage finishes, Henry shows up and does a meet and greet/signing with fans

So what u ladies and gents think of this now ??

Absolutely perfect!

Just thought if there's a TV panel again could it feature cast and crew from HIMYM (think the season after the one they're currently filming is the last so would be good timing, and they may give us the exclusive on who the mother is)

< Message edited by nvh1982 -- 16/8/2011 2:24:30 PM >

http://cinematicscreenings2012.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 46
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 2:40:46 PM   
azzman1984

Thanks man Good shout on the HIMYM panel idea!!

(in reply to nvh1982)
Post #: 47
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 2:43:13 PM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

quote:

ORIGINAL: nvh1982

Just thought if there's a TV panel again could it feature cast and crew from HIMYM (think the season after the one they're currently filming is the last so would be good timing, and they may give us the exclusive on who the mother is)

Oh my life, that would be the best thing in existence.... *faints*

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to nvh1982)
Post #: 48
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 2:58:43 PM   
azzman1984

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Rob C: Mark II!

quote:

I want NPH to just randomly burst into a song and dance routine as well

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 49
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 3:22:00 PM   
azzman1984

Heres the first picture of The Rock on the first day of shooting G.I. Joe 2

http://ow.ly/i/fQ5M

All i can say is he needs to be at MC5 next year!!!

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 50
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 4:02:42 PM   
emmangel

I def. want to attend next year, though I have the foreboding feeling that it'll clash with one of the other events I do in the States.

As for what I'd like, I'm easy. Allow me to lay my eyes of RDJ in person and I shall die a happy woman.

< Message edited by emmangel -- 16/8/2011 4:03:04 PM >

My Livejournal | Conventional Loser - Event Photos

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 51
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 4:19:32 PM   
TEFFH

how about world war Z. If it is currently being shot in glasgow, then they would probably be okay coming back to the uk next year to show some exclusive stuff (maybe Guy Ritchie can persuade Brad and Angie to turn up....)

Hail to the King Baby!
Wounds heal. Glory lasts forever.

(in reply to emmangel)
Post #: 52
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 4:27:49 PM   
nvh1982

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Rob C: Mark II!

quote:

I want NPH to just randomly burst into a song and dance routine as well

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 53
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 6:07:36 PM   
Nimthiriel

Gonna put it out there who's going to let me crash at their place in London next year because with the olympics there's no way I'm going to be able to afford hotels? Even travel may be rather pricey.

Elen sila lumenn omentielvo.
(May a star shine on the hour of our meeting.)

Not all who wander are lost.

(in reply to nvh1982)
Post #: 54
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 6:58:50 PM   
LadyFrampton

Let's not forget the Star Trek sequel?

Pegg loves the 'Con so could we get him to come back and JJ himself? *looks pointedly at the BS2 / MCV wishing lamp...genie on a tea break*

(in reply to Nimthiriel)
Post #: 55
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 7:00:06 PM   
LadyFrampton

Let's all go camping in a field outside of London Town and get a minibus to drop us at the DLR then onwards to LAHNDAHN TAHN.

< Message edited by LadyFrampton -- 16/8/2011 7:10:37 PM >

Post #: 56
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 7:11:30 PM   
Nimthiriel

quote:

Let's all go camping in a field outside of London Town and get a minibus to drop us at the DLR then onwards to LAHNDAHN TAHN.

Moments like this where I wish the forum had a 'like' or 'thumbs up' feature.

Elen sila lumenn omentielvo.
(May a star shine on the hour of our meeting.)

Not all who wander are lost.

Post #: 57
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 7:45:11 PM   
nvh1982

We could all get sleeping bags and stay at he o2 or BFI depeneding on where its held, yay mass sleepover/pillow fights!

(in reply to Nimthiriel)
Post #: 58
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 8:07:30 PM   
emmangel

quote:

We could all get sleeping bags and stay at he o2 or BFI depeneding on where its held, yay mass sleepover/pillow fights!

If the beach huts/beach are down the Southbank again next summer you could crash in those, with the benefit of having a beach camp-fire in the evenings! Sure it'd lend a nice atmosphere...

My Livejournal | Conventional Loser - Event Photos

(in reply to nvh1982)
Post #: 59
RE: Movie Con V - 16/8/2011 8:09:08 PM   
nvh1982

quote:

ORIGINAL: emmangel

quote:

If the beach huts/beach are down the Southbank again next summer you could crash in those, with the benefit of having a beach camp-fire in the evenings! Sure it'd lend a nice atmosphere...

Sounds nice

(in reply to emmangel)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Movie Con V Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI