Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Movie Con V

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Movie Con V Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Movie Con V - 28/5/2012 10:39:40 AM   
Ethanial

New issue. Nothing again.

Fresh update 2010
Original update 2005.

(in reply to jackmansgirl)
Post #: 301
RE: Movie Con V - 28/5/2012 10:27:40 PM   
movieevangelist

Is it worth starting a fake floor plan at this point?

(in reply to Ethanial)
Post #: 302
RE: Movie Con V - 29/5/2012 12:15:40 PM   
ethanhunt

Along with a fake schedule.

After reading about the tuna thing this morning, may I suggest we do it with fake films too...

This years star studded o2 Superscreen première with added pleb pen:

Debbie Gibson & Tiffany in Ultra Python vs Mega Tuna!!

< Message edited by ethanhunt -- 29/5/2012 12:16:35 PM >

"Wanna toothpick?"

(in reply to movieevangelist)
Post #: 303
RE: Movie Con V - 29/5/2012 7:46:39 PM   
andy2000x

Make sure you're there for "Danny Dyer In Perspective". A look back at the career of one of Britain's icons of modern cinema. With a Q&A and screening of his latest opus, "Smooth Criminals", an east end gangster film set in the not so innocent world of fruit juices.

< Message edited by andy2000x -- 29/5/2012 7:48:46 PM >

2011 Big Screen Spot Prize Winner HP7 Baseball Cap

(in reply to ethanhunt)
Post #: 304
RE: Movie Con V - 30/5/2012 9:41:30 AM   
ethanhunt

Does he play Derek 'Del' Monte?

"Wanna toothpick?"

(in reply to andy2000x)
Post #: 305
RE: Movie Con V - 1/6/2012 8:02:28 PM   
Greggieboy

Zac Synder will be there to show clips from Superman and to appologise for EVERYTHING he has EVER done. If you can prove you paid to see 'Sucker Punch' at the cinema he will give you your money back. Fact.

Now a proper question; For the first 3 years when Movie Con was at the NFT, did BFI members get first dips on the tickets?? Just wondering, as they do seem to be leaving it a bit late this year to be in the O2 on the same scale as last year.

Last Few Films Seen:Captain America;77/100 Harry Potter 7b; 85/100 Super 8; 74/100 X Men;First Class;76/100Fututre Films: Cowboys & Aliens, ROTPOTA, Cars 2, , Bridesmaids (at some point)

(in reply to ethanhunt)
Post #: 306
RE: Movie Con V - 3/6/2012 3:06:28 PM   
GuitarGal_China

No, unless you're a BFI Champion, you would get the tickets the same day as everyone else. I don't think anything is going to happen because with the Olympics happening in East London, it would just be a pain getting to the O2 every day.

They're the foot soldiers of a Jew-hatin', mass murderin' maniac and they need to be dee-stroyed.

(in reply to Greggieboy)
Post #: 307
RE: Movie Con V - 6/6/2012 1:53:42 PM   
nclowe

Glad to see they've sorted the ticketing out for this years Big Screen. Much easier and quicker than previous years!

(in reply to GuitarGal_China)
Post #: 308
RE: Movie Con V - 6/6/2012 3:42:22 PM   
piccolo135

quote:

ORIGINAL: GuitarGal_China

No, unless you're a BFI Champion, you would get the tickets the same day as everyone else. I don't think anything is going to happen because with the Olympics happening in East London, it would just be a pain getting to the O2 every day.

I think its fair to say that something on the scale of Big Screen is now a definite no. Because otherwise we'd be seeing adverts for it by now regardless of when its on in the year. They'd need to drum up interest within a lengthy timeframe.

But I think a smaller event (like MC) is still a possibility for September or October, but I kind of expected to see something in the latest issue....I'd really just like them to say 'Yes something will be happening, but we are still organising', or 'No, not this year.'

(in reply to GuitarGal_China)
Post #: 309
RE: Movie Con V - 6/6/2012 5:12:36 PM   
nclowe

*Waiting*

(in reply to piccolo135)
Post #: 310
RE: Movie Con V - 7/6/2012 12:51:22 PM   
jackmansgirl

quote:

ORIGINAL: nclowe

Glad to see they've sorted the ticketing out for this years Big Screen. Much easier and quicker than previous years!

I LOVE this!

You can go to places in the world with pudding. That's funny.

(in reply to nclowe)
Post #: 311
RE: Movie Con V - 7/6/2012 7:03:38 PM   
nclowe

I feel sorry for this thread! This time last year all the cool kids were panicking on the Empire Forum but now we've all migrated to Twitter. *tumble weed rolls through*

(in reply to jackmansgirl)
Post #: 312
RE: Movie Con V - 7/6/2012 7:34:06 PM   
andy2000x

quote:

But I think a smaller event (like MC) is still a possibility for September or October, but I kind of expected to see something in the latest issue....I'd really just like them to say 'Yes something will be happening, but we are still organising', or 'No, not this year.'

If only they had a podcast or something where they could address this at an earlier oppertunity than waiting for the next issue every month

(in reply to nclowe)
Post #: 313
RE: Movie Con V - 8/6/2012 5:41:00 PM   
vaxes

I like to think that see tickets is using this time to put its telephone staff through an intense bootcamp of how to answer phones and place ordered quickly & they are building a super sever ready for the mad rush to select events

(in reply to andy2000x)
Post #: 314
RE: Movie Con V - 9/6/2012 11:48:35 AM   
BethN21286

quote:

ORIGINAL: vaxes

I like to think that see tickets is using this time to put its telephone staff through an intense bootcamp of how to answer phones and place ordered quickly & they are building a super sever ready for the mad rush to select events

I like to think see tickets are crying in a corner because they've realised they are a sham and nobody likes them any more. Then i'd steal their blanky and laugh at them like Nelson Muntz. But hey, I don't hold grudges.

Sometime Spartan fancier and Founder of the Fassbender For Everything Society.

(in reply to vaxes)
Post #: 315
RE: Movie Con V - 9/6/2012 9:01:24 PM   
nclowe

BREAKING NEWS
SEE TICKETS DIRECTOR COMES CLEAN

(in reply to BethN21286)
Post #: 316
RE: Movie Con V - 11/6/2012 11:13:19 AM   
nclowe

Empire Forumites trying to get BFI IMAX tickets for The Dark Knight Rises....I SALUTE YOU!

I'm also having sympathy chest pains possibly bought on by a mild case of Movie Con III PTSD....or its heart burn. Either way, hope you make it!

(in reply to nclowe)
Post #: 317
RE: Movie Con V - 11/6/2012 3:30:36 PM   
MrsG

Yay for nclowe keeping the thread going!

I have decided to hide from the TDKR nightmares for a time. I managed to get close to booking a seat about two hours ago but then it failed on me. I'll keep trying like a little trooper...

Movie-Con / Big Screen Diamond Footage and Panels
Forumite Twitter Names

(in reply to nclowe)
Post #: 318
RE: Movie Con V - 12/6/2012 3:50:07 PM   
MASH4077

quote:

ORIGINAL: nclowe

Empire Forumites trying to get BFI IMAX tickets for The Dark Knight Rises....I SALUTE YOU!

I'm also having sympathy chest pains possibly bought on by a mild case of Movie Con III PTSD....or its heart burn. Either way, hope you make it!

Not just BFI IMAX, the main BFI Southbank has been doing it's own tribute to SEE Tickets & the BigScreen experience.

They just switched over to a new ticketing system before the Anime weekend just gone, and their showing of Poppy Hill was delayed for half an hour... because they were having trouble issuing tickets (and apparently there were even long queues too). And nobody thought to actually tell all of us sitting in the screen waiting. And there was a last minute schedule change. In a couple of other screenings I was in, it seems they had also double-booked some seats.

Brings back memories, eh?

Oh dear. Just had a bad thought - the logical conclusion is surely that the BFI has farmed out their ticketing to SEE Tickets!

Don't go that way. NEVER go that way.

West End Map: http://goo.gl/maps/NQ0A8

(in reply to nclowe)
Post #: 319
RE: Movie Con V - 21/6/2012 10:34:33 PM   
movieevangelist

For those that missed it, some of us were pining so much for the glory days of a ticket meltdown that we engaged in the BFI-flavoured disaster that was The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX a week last Monday. As some of us on Twitter had planned a get-together, I bought a number of additional tickets to help ensure that there were enough to go around, and in that mad panic I bought a lot of tickets and gave my bank manager a small heart attack. Thankfully for him, the general incompetence of the BFI booking system means I've only ended up with one too many.

So before I look at other options to dispose of it, I have one spare ticket to TDRK at 15:15 on Saturday 21st July, with a Forumite gathering organised and coordinated by ButtercupKitty (or @jamieandaston if you prefer) and a good number of Forumites spread throughout the audience. If you still fancy joining us, the bad news is that the spare seat is in C5, near both the front and the side, but you will get a cracking view of Batman's best bits. The good news is that the ticket is available at the cover price (£16.75) as I am a non-profit making organisation. Should you fancy just coming along and not seeing the film, I'm sure that would be fine too, and probably approximately £16.75 cheaper.

If anyone is interested, PM me or find me on Twitter before I look to give a homeless person the surprise of their life on the day.

(in reply to MASH4077)
Post #: 320
RE: Movie Con V - 22/6/2012 2:57:48 PM   
Y2Neildotcom

Ok, OK...starting to get antsy now...

I've been bored at work for most of the day so was going through my tweet feed way back at all the @ mentions I've been in. Then I got to the Big Screen section and all the chatter/photos.

Those were some good times.

I miss you guys.

| www.y2neil.com |

"You kill or you die. Or you die then you kill".

"Your B.F's about to get F'd in the B!"

(in reply to Ethanial)
Post #: 321
RE: Movie Con V - 22/6/2012 7:46:24 PM   
Ethanial

We'll know nest week or so, if there's nadda in the next issue, we have to do it ourselves.

Fresh update 2010
Original update 2005.

(in reply to Y2Neildotcom)
Post #: 322
RE: Movie Con V - 24/6/2012 11:04:01 PM   
daveyhd

Have I missed anything??? I've been busy washing my eyeballs all weekend after seeing Abraham Lincoln; Vampire Hunter.

The King of Sting. The Master of Disaster. The Count of Monte Fisto!

Never start with the head, the victim gets all fuzzy

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die

Get to de CHOPPAAAAAAAAA

(in reply to Ethanial)
Post #: 323
RE: Movie Con V - 25/6/2012 7:55:17 AM   
movieevangelist

quote:

ORIGINAL: movieevangelist

For those that missed it, some of us were pining so much for the glory days of a ticket meltdown that we engaged in the BFI-flavoured disaster that was The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX a week last Monday. As some of us on Twitter had planned a get-together, I bought a number of additional tickets to help ensure that there were enough to go around, and in that mad panic I bought a lot of tickets and gave my bank manager a small heart attack. Thankfully for him, the general incompetence of the BFI booking system means I've only ended up with one too many.

So before I look at other options to dispose of it, I have one spare ticket to TDRK at 15:15 on Saturday 21st July, with a Forumite gathering organised and coordinated by ButtercupKitty (or @jamieandaston if you prefer) and a good number of Forumites spread throughout the audience. If you still fancy joining us, the bad news is that the spare seat is in C5, near both the front and the side, but you will get a cracking view of Batman's best bits. The good news is that the ticket is available at the cover price (£16.75) as I am a non-profit making organisation. Should you fancy just coming along and not seeing the film, I'm sure that would be fine too, and probably approximately £16.75 cheaper.

If anyone is interested, PM me or find me on Twitter before I look to give a homeless person the surprise of their life on the day.

The ticket listed above has now gone - hope if you're going to the IMAX for TDKR, that you have a great time; if not, hopefully something will be announced soon for us all to get together.

Post #: 324
RE: Movie Con V - 25/6/2012 10:41:41 AM   
lastremnants

New issue with Jeremy Renner cover just arrived, nothing mentioned again.

Post #: 325
RE: Movie Con V - 25/6/2012 3:30:06 PM   
Ethanial

And with that, there's no way they can get something off the ground soon enough. We must band together to save the orphanage, Muppet theater, Average Joe's Gym from being taken over.

Fresh update 2010
Original update 2005.

(in reply to lastremnants)
Post #: 326
RE: Movie Con V - 25/6/2012 6:35:11 PM   
andy2000x

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ethanial

And with that, there's no way they can get something off the ground soon enough. We must band together to save the orphanage, Muppet theater, Average Joe's Gym from being taken over.

If you book them, they will come

(in reply to Ethanial)
Post #: 327
RE: Movie Con V - 25/6/2012 7:12:15 PM   
piccolo135

Chris Hewitt just tweeted, "The Con...is on."

(in reply to andy2000x)
Post #: 328
RE: Movie Con V - 25/6/2012 7:12:52 PM   
jackmansgirl

Chris Hewitt just tweeted 'The Con is on'.

Where is everyone? I am having a heart attack!

You can go to places in the world with pudding. That's funny.

(in reply to andy2000x)
Post #: 329
RE: Movie Con V - 25/6/2012 7:17:50 PM   
darnoc1962

its weird chris tweets that btoday ut nothing in the issue that subscribers get before anyone else tday

feel free to add me on twitter @conr62 latest films Senna 4.8 stakeland 3.8 dark of the moon 3 hp7b 3.8 cars2 3 horrible bosses 3.6 cap america 4.4 super 8 4.7 cow & alien 3.5 warrior 4 red state 3.9 drive 4.2 rise apes 4.8 conan 4 fright night 4

(in reply to piccolo135)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Movie Con V Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI