Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates Page: <<   < prev  15 16 17 [18] 19   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 15/12/2012 2:44:15 PM   
jackcarter

Hobbit wkend prediction? - going with a bog standard $100m

dont think Hobbit will beat Avengers or TDKR (or maybe even Skyfall) overall worldwide now. maybe 900m. just a feelin

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 511
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 26/12/2012 3:02:05 PM   
Rgirvan44

Bond is going to hit 1 billion and hasn't yet opened in China. Good chance it could beat TDKR and become the biggest Bond film ever.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 512
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 26/12/2012 7:08:46 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Bond is going to hit 1 billion and hasn't yet opened in China. Good chance it could beat TDKR and become the biggest Bond film ever.

Hurrah!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 513
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 26/12/2012 7:12:06 PM   
Hood_Man

More importantly (IMO anyway), it looks like it will outgross Twilight in the US this year too.

Yeah, that's right bitches, I had answer my own question from the last page. Who wants to touch me??

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 514
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 26/12/2012 7:14:43 PM   
vad3r

So I assume that means this pointless, embarrassing, franchise won't just bloody die then?

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 515
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 26/12/2012 8:30:24 PM   
Rebel scum

No no, Twilight's officially finished.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 516
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 26/12/2012 8:32:27 PM   
vad3r

Just to clarify, I meant Bond.

quote:

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 517
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 26/12/2012 8:39:11 PM   
Rebel scum

I know, I was trying to cover for how wrong you are.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 518
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 26/12/2012 8:54:29 PM   
vad3r

So you believe 22 sequels is not enough for this character?

quote:

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 519
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 26/12/2012 9:09:31 PM   
Rebel scum

As long as they can think of interesting angles for the character, keep him relevant with changing times and can keep up the consistent high quality of Skyfall, I have no problem with the series continuing.
Furthermore, would you argue that there's no point doing any more Sherlock Holmes movies because there've been so many? What about Tarzan? Batman's been having regular adventures in various mediums since the 30s, why bother doing stuff with him in? And many other examples.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 520
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 26/12/2012 9:43:01 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebel scum

As long as they can think of interesting angles for the character, keep him relevant with changing times and can keep up the consistent high quality of Skyfall, I have no problem with the series continuing.
Furthermore, would you argue that there's no point doing any more Sherlock Holmes movies because there've been so many? What about Tarzan? Batman's been having regular adventures in various mediums since the 30s, why bother doing stuff with him in? And many other examples.

The difference is that Batman is a flawed, dark and complex individual who's engulfed in a city that's bursting with interesting stories and characters. Bond is Fast & Furious with suits instead of t-shirts.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 26/12/2012 9:44:58 PM >

quote:

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 521
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 27/12/2012 8:38:28 AM   
Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebel scum

The difference is that Batman is a flawed, dark and complex individual who's engulfed in a city that's bursting with interesting stories and characters. Bond is Fast & Furious with suits instead of t-shirts.

Oh hey, just like Bond in Skyfall.
So what about Holmes and Tarzan, I assume they should never be adapted into film ever again?

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 522
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 27/12/2012 2:06:27 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

So I assume that means this pointless, embarrassing, franchise won't just bloody die then?

That franchise finished in 2002.

It might return someday but not while Barbara '' Im going to make Bond movies for women '' Broccoli is in charge.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 27/12/2012 2:08:57 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 523
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 27/12/2012 2:11:02 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

It might return someday but not while Barbara '' Im going to make Bond movies for women '' Broccoli is in charge.

Bond movies aren't for women?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 524
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 27/12/2012 2:16:35 PM   
Cool Breeze

Iv noticed Rgirvan responds almost immediately to most of my comments regarding Bond.Can he tell that i have him blocked and i dont read them? Just to save him the trouble like.

Anyway, after a pretty good summer,the end of the year had been pretty disappointing in terms of new films to see.There hasnt been a decent action film to see since Dredd and although Jack Reacher looks decent, it looks like more of a hard boiled thriller rather than an all out action flick.I may give it a watch at the weekend.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 525
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 27/12/2012 2:21:51 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

Iv noticed Rgirvan responds almost immediately to most of my comments regarding Bond.Can he tell that i have him blocked and i dont read them? Just to save him the trouble like.

After all these years, all that we have gone through and all we have experienced, now is when you block me?

Edited - it is as if we have come full circle as the first time I ever encountered you was due to a PM which you sent me when the first Craig cover on the magazine appeared and I said he looked "cool".

< Message edited by Rgirvan44 -- 27/12/2012 2:25:38 PM >

Post #: 526
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 27/12/2012 2:40:37 PM   
Rgirvan44

The Hobbit doesn't seem to be doing that great. I mean, it has made back its budget and will be one of the years biggest films, but it is barely keeping up with Fellowship. And that is ten years of ticket price increases and 3D/IMAX included.

I know the family I am staying with were keen to see it until I explained it is the first in a trilogy - the idea of it seemed to exhast them. But hey, this one pays for the whole party so I doubt Warners are too concerned.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 527
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 27/12/2012 5:45:43 PM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

Great to see Skyfall has done the best business of the year, such a superb movie that brought Bond back with a vengeance and the best Bond since Goldeneye.... Great to see a Bond movie that not only has superb action sequences, but also nuance, character, depth, drama and real tension... one of the best movies in many a year!

Here's hoping future years continue the 'Best movie does best box office' tradition, see also Avengers

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 528
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 27/12/2012 6:24:37 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

quote:

If Broccoli's trying to appeal to women she's going the wrong way about it. Women hate Daniel Craig because he's so ugly and charmless and thuggish Not smooth and dreamy and handsome and charming and dreamy like Bond should be!

I want to taste you like yogurt.

Post #: 529
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 27/12/2012 7:23:09 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

The Hobbit doesn't seem to be doing that great. I mean, it has made back its budget and will be one of the years biggest films, but it is barely keeping up with Fellowship. And that is ten years of ticket price increases and 3D/IMAX included.

I know the family I am staying with were keen to see it until I explained it is the first in a trilogy - the idea of it seemed to exhast them. But hey, this one pays for the whole party so I doubt Warners are too concerned.

I was a bit disappointed with its opening weekend to be honest. Sure it's still the biggest December opening, but without a Wednesday release to burn off some of the demand I confess I was expecting something quite a bit closer to $100 million.

It's nice to have Middle Earth back on the big screens though. December was beginning to look pretty bleak when Harry Potter left us as well.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 530
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 27/12/2012 9:02:47 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

Yeah, bloody women, getting involved in things they shouldn't. They'll be wanting to drive cars next!

You dribbling little wazzock.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

Post #: 531
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 27/12/2012 9:06:10 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

quote:

quote:

If Broccoli's trying to appeal to women she's going the wrong way about it. Women hate Daniel Craig because he's so ugly and charmless and thuggish Not smooth and dreamy and handsome and charming and dreamy like Bond should be!

Disagree. He's a big hit with American women. Especially 30+

quote:

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 532
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 27/12/2012 10:42:41 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

quote:

quote:

Disagree. He's a big hit with American women. Especially 30+

And the prize for completely missing the point goes to...

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 533
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 29/12/2012 5:59:58 PM   
Hood_Man

Skyfall overtakes Twilight

Post #: 534
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 30/12/2012 11:43:21 AM   
spark1

cubby always asked his wife's advice on matters 007.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 535
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 30/12/2012 7:15:07 PM   
Scruffybobby

Skyfall hits a Billion

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=bond23.htm

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 536
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 30/12/2012 7:21:38 PM   
Rgirvan44

Doubt it has enough juice to beat Rises, but will overtake TDK.

Skyfall will soon become the biggest Bond movie ever. What a success!

Post #: 537
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 30/12/2012 7:29:23 PM   
Deviation

How hard will it be for it to make 81 million in China? China is meant to be a big market.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 538
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 30/12/2012 7:38:05 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

How hard will it be for it to make 81 million in China? China is meant to be a big market.

Not sure - might make it, but I doubt it.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 539
RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates - 31/12/2012 11:26:32 PM   
Ref

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

I was a bit disappointed with its opening weekend to be honest. Sure it's still the biggest December opening, but without a Wednesday release to burn off some of the demand I confess I was expecting something quite a bit closer to $100 million.

It's nice to have Middle Earth back on the big screens though. December was beginning to look pretty bleak when Harry Potter left us as well.

Though it's looking like it will have made $700 million by the end of this week, or so say the 'experts'. Nothing to be sniffed at really.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 540
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 17 [18] 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: 2012 Box Office Estimates Page: <<   < prev  15 16 17 [18] 19   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI