Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Hate on the haters

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Hate on the haters Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 8:54:54 PM   
BatFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

I think it was 'blurred' in Begins to represent the fact he at that point had not 'cultured' his fighting skills upon the intro docklands sequence, he possess potential and training but not subtlety in delivery of order in beating his prey.

I wanted to mention that but then you always get someone saying that's Nolan's excuse for not being able to shoot action and there was none of that blurring in Dark Knight.

< Message edited by BatFan -- 8/8/2011 8:55:19 PM >

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 181
RE: - 8/8/2011 10:50:43 PM   
trainedasninja

Maybe she is riding the batpod because Batman is away and she fills his place or something  .
Looks awesome anyway

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 182
few extra images - 9/8/2011 11:25:41 AM   
keaneye

These images improved my impression of it. http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0808/darkknightrises.html

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 183
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 10/8/2011 1:20:54 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: burtbondy

"In Nolan we trust" It sounds like a bunch of brainwashed minions who believe Nolan is not some sort of messiah of of current movies. He is a hack of somewhat decent movies that are eminently flawed. His casting is basically getting the most popular actor/actress around to stuff into his money making shit-fest.

Nope; just think - in my own personal opinion - that Nolan is yet to make a bad film. Every single one of his movies so far has pride of place in my DVD collection and I think in the future we will talk about him next to the likes of Spielberg, Kubrick etc.

But like I said it's my opinion...I think personally you sound like an utter tool who has probably just watched one of the Batman films, whom doesn't even like Batman and all of a sudden think your a credible voice in criticising a director. Could be wrong - just my opinion.

However I would just like to ask where you think Nolan has been "getting the most popular actor/actress around to stuff into his money making shit-fest"? Bale was not a popular studio choice for Batman, and the castings of the Ledger as Joker and Hugh Jackman in The Prestige were met with general fan boy uproar but turned out to be utterly inspired...not baiting and just wondering honestly what you base your opinion on?

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 184
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 10/8/2011 5:48:20 PM   
burtbondy

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

quote:

"In Nolan we trust" It sounds like a bunch of brainwashed minions who believe Nolan is not some sort of messiah of of current movies. He is a hack of somewhat decent movies that are eminently flawed. His casting is basically getting the most popular actor/actress around to stuff into his money making shit-fest.

Nope; just think - in my own personal opinion - that Nolan is yet to make a bad film. Every single one of his movies so far has pride of place in my DVD collection and I think in the future we will talk about him next to the likes of Spielberg, Kubrick etc.

But like I said it's my opinion...I think personally you sound like an utter tool who has probably just watched one of the Batman films, whom doesn't even like Batman and all of a sudden think your a credible voice in criticising a director. Could be wrong - just my opinion.

However I would just like to ask where you think Nolan has been "getting the most popular actor/actress around to stuff into his money making shit-fest"? Bale was not a popular studio choice for Batman, and the castings of the Ledger as Joker and Hugh Jackman in The Prestige were met with general fan boy uproar but turned out to be utterly inspired...not baiting and just wondering honestly what you base your opinion on?
I don't  engage in these arguments, I just like to leave those comments because of over-sensitive  Nolan lovers who are at hand to pounce on people who dare to criticize the man.
But  I feel obliged since you asked me so I can honestly say that I am a Batman fan, was a huge fan of Memento when it came out and was at the first screening of BB and THK. I have no argument against Ledger, Bale or Jackman. All soild casting choices. I do however think  Leo, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Ellen Page were terrible choices and were only put there because they are bankable. Same goes for Hathaway, she has not proved or done anything in the past for her to take on that role. Its all about the broader appeal. Fill seats. Nolan is wise.
And on The Dark Knight I personally think that there is nothing to the film. Its too self-righteous , too preachy and there is absolutely no middle ground between the realism and the absurd. None. The dialogue is terrible and any qualified film analyst will say the same.
Don't go off on me if you don't like  what I said, I'm not insulting anybody here.
Oh and Nolan is no Kubrick and never will be. The nearest director to Kubrick is Danny Boyle and he's not even close by a long shot. 

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 185
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 10/8/2011 6:00:10 PM   
Mr Terrific

I smell troll!

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 186
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 10/8/2011 6:06:30 PM   
burtbondy

So if I don't share your opinion I'm a freakish little monster? Grow up son.

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 187
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 10/8/2011 6:17:08 PM   
Mr Terrific

I wish it were that simple!

New to the internets are you? You do know what "troll" means right?

quote:

I don't  engage in these arguments, I just like to leave those comments because of over-sensitive  Nolan lovers

You more or less outed yourself as one!

Oh and welcome to my ignore list. Don't need to feed the "Troll" anymore.

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 188
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 10/8/2011 6:22:36 PM   
burtbondy

I was asked a question so I replied. Get over it.

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 189
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 10/8/2011 9:09:41 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

Same goes for Hathaway, she has not proved or done anything in the past for her to take on that role. Its all about the broader appeal. Fill seats. Nolan is wise.

She has done action before (Get Smart), though not on the same scale as TDKR.

However, you can hardly call it a bad casting decision simply because she's never done anything like this before. Isn't that partly the point of being an actor; trying something new? She's said in interviews that she wants to keep doing different things and challenging herself, and if she didn't do that then she'd end u being typecast.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 190
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 11/8/2011 9:00:23 AM   
Discodez

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't  engage in these arguments, I just like to leave those comments because of over-sensitive  Nolan lovers who are at hand to pounce on people who dare to criticize the man.
But  I feel obliged since you asked me so I can honestly say that I am a Batman fan, was a huge fan of Memento when it came out and was at the first screening of BB and THK. I have no argument against Ledger, Bale or Jackman. All soild casting choices. I do however think  Leo, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Ellen Page were terrible choices and were only put there because they are bankable. Same goes for Hathaway, she has not proved or done anything in the past for her to take on that role. Its all about the broader appeal. Fill seats. Nolan is wise.
And on The Dark Knight I personally think that there is nothing to the film. Its too self-righteous , too preachy and there is absolutely no middle ground between the realism and the absurd. None. The dialogue is terrible and any qualified film analyst will say the same.
Don't go off on me if you don't like  what I said, I'm not insulting anybody here.
Oh and Nolan is no Kubrick and never will be. The nearest director to Kubrick is Danny Boyle and he's not even close by a long shot. 

Thank fuck! I'd hate to see Nolan crawl so far up his own arse it starts taking him 20 years to get a film made and then gives us "eyes wide shit".

And if you don't want people to "go off on you" then don't offer opinions that are so ridiculous. How does one qualify as a film analyst by the way?

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 191
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 11/8/2011 10:45:24 AM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thank fuck! I'd hate to see Nolan crawl so far up his own arse it starts taking him 20 years to get a film made and then gives us "eyes wide shit".

And if you don't want people to "go off on you" then don't offer opinions that are so ridiculous. How does one qualify as a film analyst by the way?

Think we are missing the point here, I asked Burtbondy his opinion and he gave me it - personally I think its ridiculous and I whole heartedly disagree with him BUT he is perfectly entitled to his own thoughts.

Thought that was what forums are for?! To debate and discuss - if we all agreed with each other this place would suck and I'd get bored shitless!!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 192
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 11/8/2011 11:04:19 AM   
Discodez

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

quote:

quote:

quote:

Think we are missing the point here, I asked Burtbondy his opinion and he gave me it - personally I think its ridiculous and I whole heartedly disagree with him BUT he is perfectly entitled to his own thoughts.

Thought that was what forums are for?! To debate and discuss - if we all agreed with each other this place would suck and I'd get bored shitless!!

I thought that's what I was doing

Post #: 193
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 11/8/2011 11:14:02 AM   
burtbondy

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

quote:

Same goes for Hathaway, she has not proved or done anything in the past for her to take on that role. Its all about the broader appeal. Fill seats. Nolan is wise.

However, you can hardly call it a bad casting decision simply because she's never done anything like this before. Isn't that partly the point of being an actor; trying something new? She's said in interviews that she wants to keep doing different things and challenging herself, and if she didn't do that then she'd end u being typecast.

Above all else she didn't put herself in the movie, it wasn't her choice. Get Smart? I'm sorry but that comment was ridiculous.

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 194
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 11/8/2011 11:16:45 AM   
burtbondy

Eyes wide shut is astonishing. 

Post #: 195
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 11/8/2011 1:19:11 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

Eyes wide shut is astonishing. 

Oh i''ve been sticking up for you on this thread and then you go and say something utterly ridiculous like that...?!!? Heeellllppp meeee heeelllllppp yyooouuuu

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 196
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 11/8/2011 1:54:56 PM   
burtbondy

I understand why you would hate that movie but did you not see Cruisey  strutting around with two chicks on his two arms at the beginning? I love the show, what can I do..

Post #: 197
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 11/8/2011 5:40:42 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

quote:

Above all else she didn't put herself in the movie, it wasn't her choice. Get Smart? I'm sorry but that comment was ridiculous.

What's that supposed to mean? It was her choice to put herself up for the role, which she did because she wanted to do something different. Christopher Nolan obviously had his reasons for casting her, and he's the guy in charge.

What's so ridiculous about it? I was stating that she's done action scenes in a film before, which she did in Get Smart. That's called a fact, whether you think it's ridiculous or not.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 198
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 12/8/2011 10:35:42 AM   
waltham1979

quote:

I understand why you would hate that movie but did you not see Cruisey  strutting around with two chicks on his two arms at the beginning? I love the show, what can I do..

Why would you understand why I would hate that movie?!

Hates a strong word, I didn't hate it - just thought it was shit!! Although I think the Cruiser was great in it.

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 199
RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT. - 12/8/2011 3:21:59 PM   
Drew_231

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

This 'in Nolan we trust' thing is actually becoming very irritating.

Why? It's just a little joke but also to remind people who are about to hate and go off on a rant and fanboy out that Christopher Nolan is shown to be a very good director and knows what he's doing.

Late reply sorry
Its just that im seeing it everywhere and anytime Batman is mentioned. Its just a bit too fanboyish for me
Dont get me wrong though, I think Nolsn is an outstanding director, and The Dark Knight is one of my favorite films of all time

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 200
Just thinking... - 13/8/2011 10:54:03 AM   
timmerpt

Sorry if someone has already mentioned this but with bike, goggles, etc she looks more like Huntress than Catwoman. maybe the Nolans have mashed the two characters together.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 201
hmmm... - 14/8/2011 12:54:12 AM   
Leonard or Sammy

"Evening all" Its been a long time since I have posted on Empire, but I feel strongly about a few of the posts on here and feel the need to put my point across (even if it is uninformed.) Alas my English is pretty poor so I hope this reads okay!!

I simply can not understand where all this anger about the costume and the movie itself comes from. Many people have put forward very sensible and valid points about the photo only being one still from an entire movie and that Nolan is a very accomplished film director who has directed some of the best actors and actresses of all time (Pacino, Caine, Di Caprio) as well as some of best of the current crop (Pearce, Johannsson, Eckhart, Neeson, Bale, Serkis, Pantoliano...very underrated character actor). The guy even had David Bowie agree to work with him. THEY decide they want to work with him. THEY audtion for HIS movies, he does not put a gun to their heads and "make them an offer they can't refuse" just to "stuff into his money making shit-fest." - Honestly, did you forget to engage your brain before you wrote that Burtonbondy?

IMHO I am sure this is just Anne Hathaway becoming catwoman, much like Batman's first learnings and costumes in BB. I also feel that at the begining of the movie, something will happen to "Selena Kyle" to make her become catwoman and fight crime in the absense of Batman. (I am far from a fanboy, and I may be wrong, but I am pretty certain Catwman has been portrayed previously as someone who helps Batman fight crime, and is not always a "baddie")

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir
People should criticise but only if they've seen the finished film.
We wouldn't accept a person slamming Star Wars because they saw a still of Chewbecca
. Great point  Tech_Noir
we would if chewbecca didnt look anything like a wookie  Frank Castle what exactly is your point? Chewbecca and ewoks were created by George Lucas, if he created Chewbecca to look like an ewok  (or vice versa) we would have known no different because no-one othe than George Lucas had the vision of them. No-one would have known any different. I therefore cannot see your argument.

Emyr Thy King
"A silly statement here, don't you think? If we have a grounded reality-based Gotham, why would a man dress up as a bat?"

I thought it was explained very well in BB and fits in with the grounded reality-based Gotham....when Bruce fell in the well at his mansion as a child the bats that flew at him were a symbol of fear for him. Eventually he decides that he wants to avenge his parents deaths, fight crime and inspire the same type of fear he felt (of bats) in all criminals. The Bat costume/theme is used as a symbol to inspire that fear. He could have picked a bear costume as the symbol if he chose
How would you like a recognizable, well known billionaire to fight crime and inspire fear in the criminals "grounded in reality?" Perhaps you could just have him wear a balaclava, some form of cheap padded protection and drive around in his Lambo? If he was not dressed like a bat, how could we have Batman?!?   

I personally love the Nolan Batman universe and I love the care, attention and depth he gives to the characters and scripts. (I remember feeling gutted in TDK when the Joker did not reveal a third reason for his scarred face, before Bats nails him). my fav scene has to be with Bats and Joker in the interrogation room, in partcular the moment when Bats knows the Joker is right when he he tells him "there is nothing he can do to him with all his power" etc.
There clearly was a great deal of thought, effort and attention put into the film up until that point and as stated, I feel it was realised so very well by all involved. That scene really sets up the second act of the film. 

Anyway, roll on TDKR, I can not wait for this to hit the big screen. IT. WILL. RULE! 

(in reply to timmerpt)
Post #: 202
RE: hmmm... - 15/8/2011 1:53:00 AM   
threshold

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leonard or Sammy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir
People should criticise but only if they've seen the finished film.
We wouldn't accept a person slamming Star Wars because they saw a still of Chewbecca
. Great point  Tech_Noir
we would if chewbecca didnt look anything like a wookie  Frank Castle what exactly is your point? Chewbecca and ewoks were created by George Lucas, if he created Chewbecca to look like an ewok  (or vice versa) we would have known no different because no-one othe than George Lucas had the vision of them. No-one would have known any different. I therefore cannot see your argument.

Ummm, his point about chewbacca not looking like a wookiee was not about star wars at all, it was an analogy for dark knight rises that he is getting angry at catwoman not looking like catwoman.

Also guys, get over the fact it looks weird, it will end up being brilliant.

SPOILERS
Also has anyone seen Bane making a massive speech in the football stadium? He starts ranting on how the citizens of Gotham should overthrow the government. Then he ends up blowing up the stadium for some reason. The only thing I'm wondering is, how different is his voice than what you expect it to be?
It sounds more like the Godfather than a crazy criminal!

< Message edited by threshold -- 15/8/2011 1:54:08 AM >

(in reply to Leonard or Sammy)
Post #: 203
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Hate on the haters Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI