Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 7/8/2011 3:24:15 PM   
mogel96

Not a fan of the goggles but I'm sure the film won't suffer due to wardrobe changes. Cannot wait till next year

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 151
RE: Hate on the haters - 7/8/2011 3:33:38 PM   
BatFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigollytg

Is anyone getting a bit bored of people moaning about ridiculous little niggles and big franchises becuase they like to think there better. looking forward to this film and nolans interprtaqtion of the charecter is intresting . shes still a cat burgaler people what more do you want ¬¬

They want their version of the film made, because in their head it's the most wonderful thing ever even though they have no talent of their own and not even 1% of an idea how to make a film, Yet they still like to bitch and moan because they can't do anything else in their lives.

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to bigollytg)
Post #: 152
RE: Hate on the haters - 7/8/2011 7:02:47 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatFan

quote:

Is anyone getting a bit bored of people moaning about ridiculous little niggles and big franchises becuase they like to think there better. looking forward to this film and nolans interprtaqtion of the charecter is intresting . shes still a cat burgaler people what more do you want ¬¬

They want their version of the film made, because in their head it's the most wonderful thing ever even though they have no talent of their own and not even 1% of an idea how to make a film, Yet they still like to bitch and moan because they can't do anything else in their lives.

Agreed. I think a lot of people have images and visions in their heads of perfect movie/s but the talent and skill comes in execution and delivery.

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 153
RE: Hate on the haters - 7/8/2011 7:17:17 PM   
thetruth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

quote:

quote:

Agreed. I think a lot of people have images and visions in their heads of perfect movie/s but the talent and skill comes in execution and delivery.
Is that not a wee bit harsh?I agree that somebody saying Nolan or whoever suck etc is a silly statement,even worse when some people saying it haven´t seen his work.
But are you not essentially saying that only film makers can be critics?Seems unfair.The paying customer is entitled to say something,if it´s informed?
Besides most visitors to an art gallery cannot paint!

Without love we are dead

Protect children from vile and obscene videos

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 154
RE: Hate on the haters - 7/8/2011 7:22:39 PM   
Tech_Noir

People should criticise but only if they've seen the finished film.

We wouldn't accept a person slamming Star Wars because they saw a still of Chewbecca.

< Message edited by Tech_Noir -- 7/8/2011 7:26:12 PM >

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 155
RE: Hate on the haters - 7/8/2011 7:33:26 PM   
thetruth

quote:

We wouldn't accept a person slamming Star Wars because they saw a still of Chewbecca.
Actually,while i wouldnt accept it,ironically,Star Wars/Batman films receive that level of scrutiny.I suppose it goes with the huge interest they have,which can produce a very demanding and at times unreasonable fanbase.

Without love we are dead

Protect children from vile and obscene videos

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 156
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 7:23:27 AM   
tformsopti8

I really don't know what to think of this but will reserve judgement until after I see the film.

Best Film Toys:Transformers 3 toys/Transformers Dark Of The Moon toys including Ultimate Optimus Prime,Megatron

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 157
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 11:58:40 AM   
Frank Castle

quote:

we would if chewbecca didnt look anything like a wookie. In the end when you look at that pic do you think catwoman,i certainly dont. everyone was slagging of the new spiderman look when the 1st pic came out but at least that pic you actually knew it was spiderman.

ever since the internet was invented people have been critical or praising things that have been released about future films maybe you should get used to it by now??

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 158
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 12:14:11 PM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank Castle

quote:

we would if chewbecca didnt look anything like a wookie. In the end when you look at that pic do you think catwoman,i certainly dont. everyone was slagging of the new spiderman look when the 1st pic came out but at least that pic you actually knew it was spiderman.

ever since the internet was invented people have been critical or praising things that have been released about future films maybe you should get used to it by now??

Isn't that a bit like someone saying 'The caretaker at my kid's school has been molesting children for years, maybe we should get used to it by now??'

Just because it happens, doesn't make it right.

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 159
RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT. - 8/8/2011 12:31:20 PM   
Discodez

quote:

ORIGINAL: lewisb548

TO BE FAIR SHE IS CALLED CAT WOMAN, THIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE A FUCKING CAT, AND I CAN ONLY GUESS THE DARK KNIGHT RISES WILL BE A GOOD FILM BUT ITS OBVIOUS THAT CATWOMAN WILL PROBABLY SLOW DOWN THE FILM AND/OR EVEN DRAG IT DOWN, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS FILM.

The character was originally called catwoman because she was a cat-burglar. Now calm down and switch of the caps lock. And if this is about the 500th reply you've had for this then no apology here.

(in reply to lewisb548)
Post #: 160
RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT. - 8/8/2011 12:37:53 PM   
Discodez

I think the costume and Hathaway both look ace btw, it's already my new desktop background!!!

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 161
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 1:08:34 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

Catwoman has had many looks over the years. In that picture she looks like the Catwoman from the 60s show.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 162
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 1:10:18 PM   
Rgirvan44

Also - you think one of the reasons they aren't going OTT about the costume in Rises, is because of that hate crime of a movie that wasn't released all that long ago?

I love that folks are saying Nolan has ruined the integrity of the character, when the Halle Berry movie is out there.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 163
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 1:12:26 PM   
BatFan

quote:

quote:

Aswell as what Rgirvan44 has said. Add to that, there was a time when Catwoman in Batman Returns didn't look like what had come before. Look what happened there...

Post #: 164
This is horrific - 8/8/2011 1:27:29 PM   
oxfordlover

Anne Hathaway was the wrong choice for such an iconic character, she is no good, in fact she is never good

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 165
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 1:36:04 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

Catwoman has had many looks over the years. In that picture she looks like the Catwoman from the 60s show.

she looks nothing like the 60's show catwoman in that picture

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 166
RE: This is horrific - 8/8/2011 1:38:36 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: oxfordlover

Anne Hathaway was the wrong choice for such an iconic character, she is no good, in fact she is never good

Hi

Have you seen Love & Other Drugs it's her best performance. Can't wait to see her as Catwoman.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to oxfordlover)
Post #: 167
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 1:41:55 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

http://sixtiescinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/julie_newmar_catwoman.jpg

It is not that different at all.

Post #: 168
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 1:42:13 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

quote:

quote:

Aswell as what Rgirvan44 has said. Add to that, there was a time when Catwoman in Batman Returns didn't look like what had come before. Look what happened there...

when you saw a picture of catwoman from batman returns before the film was released you knew you were looking at catwoman even if it was nothing like what had come before.

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 169
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 1:44:40 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

http://sixtiescinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/julie_newmar_catwoman.jpg

It is not that different at all.

still dont see it sorry.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 170
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 1:45:22 PM   
Rgirvan44

And so the Berry movie must have been awesome cause you could totally tell she was playing Catwoman. 

Post #: 171
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 1:45:38 PM   
horribleives

Basically you want pointy ears?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 172
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 3:14:34 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

And so the Berry movie must have been awesome cause you could totally tell she was playing Catwoman. 

not sure where your getting that?? but no berry's catwoman was the worst film ever made!! her catwoman costume was dreadful and like this when you saw it catwoman didn't jump out at you.

pointy ears may help, would you have batman without any pointy ears??

im pretty sure the film will be pretty good,dispite the awful batpod amd lets just hope you can actually see batman hit people in this one and he doesnt jump off the top of a skyscraper catching someone land on his back and get up like nothing happens.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 173
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 3:34:22 PM   
BatFan

quote:

quote:

not sure where your getting that?? but no berry's catwoman was the worst film ever made!! her catwoman costume was dreadful and like this when you saw it catwoman didn't jump out at you.

pointy ears may help, would you have batman without any pointy ears??

im pretty sure the film will be pretty good,dispite the awful batpod amd lets just hope you can actually see batman hit people in this one and he doesnt jump off the top of a skyscraper catching someone land on his back and get up like nothing happens.

I'd have a good portrayal of the character first and foremost. If their costume was a little different I wouldn't care as long as the character was the same. Look at the X-Men films. The costumes look nothing like the comics. Still pretty good.

The Batpod is bitchin'! Seeing it come out of the Batmobile and the showdown with the Joker was one of the most awesome things in the film.
I don't know what Dark Knight you were watching but I saw a lot of Batman hitting people and i'm pretty sure the cape slowed down his momentum, not too mention his body armour shielded a lot of the blow which explains why he wasn't dead, plus you didn't see him get up like it was nothing because you didn't even see him get up! He could have been hobbling after and groaning in pain after he got up for all we know.

< Message edited by BatFan -- 8/8/2011 3:35:04 PM >

Post #: 174
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 3:52:12 PM   
Rgirvan44

Yeah, Batman hit a lot of people in the last one. Like when he punches the Joker time and again. Or drops Roberts out of a window and breaks his leg. 

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 175
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 6:12:01 PM   
Mr Terrific

quote:

Yeah, Batman hit a lot of people in the last one. Like when he punches the Joker time and again. Or drops Roberts out of a window and breaks his leg.

Plus takes out at least two SWAT teams and various thugs dressed as Doctors!

Was he watching the same film I was? Because I saw Batman hit alot of people, seemingly quite hard and getting various injuries throughout the film!

Perhaps he wanted Batman to actually, kill people! I know he did that in the early part of his comic book career!

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 176
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 7:24:40 PM   
Frank Castle

i said see, to much crap shakey cam

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 177
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 7:29:49 PM   
BatFan

I know you did, and maybe In Batman Begins but in Dark Knight you could see everything pretty clearly.

Post #: 178
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 7:39:08 PM   
Mr Terrific

quote:

I know you did, and maybe In Batman Begins but in Dark Knight you could see everything pretty clearly.

Yep, you can see Batman land at the very least 90% of the blows.  If you slowed the fight scenes down anymore it really wouldn't look right.

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 179
RE: Hate on the haters - 8/8/2011 8:06:04 PM   
JIm R

I think it was 'blurred' in Begins to represent the fact he at that point had not 'cultured' his fighting skills upon the intro docklands sequence, he possess potential and training but not subtlety in delivery of order in beating his prey.

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI