Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT. Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT. - 6/8/2011 11:37:20 AM   
BatFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

This 'in Nolan we trust' thing is actually becoming very irritating.

Why? It's just a little joke but also to remind people who are about to hate and go off on a rant and fanboy out that Christopher Nolan is shown to be a very good director and knows what he's doing.

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 121
RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT. - 6/8/2011 11:42:31 AM   
Rgirvan44

Folks like to rag on Nolan - the Inception thread was 15 pages of people having a go at ihim, and then the film was released, generally liked, and those that disliked him still went on about Batman.

I am willing to give the guy who made Inception a break and a see the final product.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 122
RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT. - 6/8/2011 11:50:08 AM   
BatFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Folks like to rag on Nolan - the Inception thread was 15 pages of people having a go at ihim, and then the film was released, generally liked, and those that disliked him still went on about Batman.

I am willing to give the guy who made Inception a break and a see the final product.

Exactly, he's the classic example of someone who was hailed as great by nearly everyone in his early years but as soon as he started to get huge people suddenly turn against him for no reason.

From Memeto to Insomnia it was "This guy's a great talent" then Batman Begins came out and everyone was saying "He's amazing! One of the greatest directors of all time" The Prestige the same, Then as soon as The Dark Knight hit a billion dollars you've got tonnes of people saying "He's overrated!" "Shit Director!" For no reason at all other than he's successful.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 123
Bit disappointed - 6/8/2011 12:15:06 PM   
stucy

She's looking a bit GI Joe for my taste. And way too prissy and clean cut. I guess I was expecting catwoman to be a bit more raw and f*cked up. I liked some of the fake images going around of Anne Hathaway as catwoman in the police mugshot. The nolan look is def missing something and depth. But hey. I'm sure Nolan will come good.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 124
RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT. - 6/8/2011 12:40:00 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatFan

quote:

Exactly, he's the classic example of someone who was hailed as great by nearly everyone in his early years but as soon as he started to get huge people suddenly turn against him for no reason.

From Memeto to Insomnia it was "This guy's a great talent" then Batman Begins came out and everyone was saying "He's amazing! One of the greatest directors of all time" The Prestige the same, Then as soon as The Dark Knight hit a billion dollars you've got tonnes of people saying "He's overrated!" "Shit Director!" For no reason at all other than he's successful.

In recent weeks I've even noticed more hate towards Inception, which I find completely baffling. I completely understand people not liking a film, different tastes and all that, but he in no way makes truly 'bad' films.

It worries me too, that like you say, as soon as he found commercial success, that alone was a good enough reason for not liking him and the films themselves.

Regarding the Stills I just find it so hard to truly take anything away from them, we have absolutely no idea what's going on in the scene or the film in general. All we can really take away from it is, does it look cool ? And even if I didn't like it, in no way would this effect my excitement in the run up to this film nor would my enjoyment of the film rest on the look of one character.
When Begins was in production I remember not remotely being impressed with anything coming out regarding the film, production stills, general news, the trailers and in the end, when I finally saw the film, I loved it. I'll reserve judgment until I see the film

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 125
That's NOT Catwoman!!! It's a woman. - 6/8/2011 4:27:20 PM   
princemadonna

I've been a fan of Catwoman all my life. If they dressed Batman in a black suit would all you Batman fans be satisfied? NO! Where's her cowel? She's a character is a comic book and again Nolan has shown no respect for these characters. She looks like shit. She makes Halle Berry looks good. Even the goggles are terrible. I'm SO dissapointed in this and can't wait until Nolan and his crap Batman films dissapear. Bring on the re-boot if the is a so called Catwoman costume. One of the female icons of our generation! Seems like Nolan left the Cat out of Catwoman. This SUCKS!!!!!

Post #: 126
She wears the goggles in the comic book!!!! Hathaway sucks - 6/8/2011 4:39:19 PM   
princemadonna

For all you idiot "bat fans" who are saying she's stolen the goggles, you obviously know nothing about the character - she wears goggles as part of her outfit in the modern comics - she also wears her cowel however. Why not just get rid of Batmans outfit, after all Nolan doesn't think he's making a comic book movie and he has no respect for any other character. He should f off and do a thriller. He's destroying these iconic characters by making them boring. I don't want realisim, I want the comic adaption - bring back Tim Burton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #: 127
RE: She wears the goggles in the comic book!!!! Hathawa... - 6/8/2011 4:45:45 PM   
BelfastBoy

Wow, I don't check in for a few days and the net is swamped with yet more 'spy photos' that are surprisingly clear and sharp images...Anyway, did the production security just decide to take the day off completely? It's as if anyone with a camera was allowed to shoot away as all the props and actors in full costume were wheeled out, while the director and crew then generously staged an elaborate fight scene - in broad daylight! What's going on here? I refuse to believe that the whole thing is a setup, but either zoom lenses have got REALLY good from long distances, or Nolan's security people really let him down that day!

(in reply to princemadonna)
Post #: 128
RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT. - 6/8/2011 4:51:06 PM   
princemadonna

quote:

quote:

Why? It's just a little joke but also to remind people who are about to hate and go off on a rant and fanboy out that Christopher Nolan is shown to be a very good director and knows what he's doing.

I don't trust in Nolan at all - he's a pretentious little prick who only got such good reviews for TDK because Ledger kicked the bucket when it was coming out. Ledger was shit as the Joker and he certainly wouldn't have won anything if he'd lived. Nolan has shown with every Batman film that he doesn't care about the characters - he just cares about realisim. His films are destroying the Batman franchise. How dare he disrespect characters like this? Bob Kane must be spinning in his grave. First scarecrow was shit, Ras al ghul was shit, the joker was shit - and now Catwoman.

Because "Nolan we Know Sucks!"

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 129
RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT. - 6/8/2011 5:12:53 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

ORIGINAL: princemadonna

quote:

quote:

I don't trust in Nolan at all - he's a pretentious little prick who only got such good reviews for TDK because Ledger kicked the bucket when it was coming out. Ledger was shit as the Joker and he certainly wouldn't have won anything if he'd lived. Nolan has shown with every Batman film that he doesn't care about the characters - he just cares about realisim. His films are destroying the Batman franchise. How dare he disrespect characters like this? Bob Kane must be spinning in his grave. First scarecrow was shit, Ras al ghul was shit, the joker was shit - and now Catwoman.

Whoa whoa whoa, you meant to sign up for the IMDB forum right ?

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

Post #: 130
RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT. - 6/8/2011 5:14:31 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

quote:

quote:

Name a another Batman film that grossed over a billion ?, didn't think so. Fair enough you dont like Nolans take on Batman but that statement is so ridiculous it clearly shows how clueless you are. Nolans success has given them license to do whatever they want with the character hence the re-boot and possible JLA team up, you sould be thankfull !

Post #: 131
RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT. - 6/8/2011 5:25:44 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

Not to mention The Prestige, Memento, Batman Begins...

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 132
RE: That's NOT Catwoman!!! It's a woman. - 6/8/2011 5:54:47 PM   
BatFan

quote:

I've been a fan of Catwoman all my life. If they dressed Batman in a black suit would all you Batman fans be satisfied? NO! Where's her cowel? She's a character is a comic book and again Nolan has shown no respect for these characters. She looks like shit. She makes Halle Berry looks good. Even the goggles are terrible. I'm SO dissapointed in this and can't wait until Nolan and his crap Batman films dissapear. Bring on the re-boot if the is a so called Catwoman costume. One of the female icons of our generation! Seems like Nolan left the Cat out of Catwoman. This SUCKS!!!!!

You're judging an entire interpretation of a character on ONE picture. Out of a possible 2 and a half hour film, you're judging it on ONE frame? She does not look like shit. She is a Cat burgular, when you are trying to steal something you want to try and draw as little attention to yourself as you can. A big cowl shaped like a cat is the opposite of not drawing attention. A character is more than a costume, why don't you wait until the film comes out before judging what she's like on y'know important things like PERFORMANCE and PORTRAYAL OF CHARACTER.
As a life long fan of Catwoman, you should know that she has undergone many different portrayals of her character and appearance since her introduction over 70 years ago. This will just be another one. Will it be the definitive one? Who knows! But it's the portrayal most suitable to this film.

quote:

For all you idiot "bat fans" who are saying she's stolen the goggles, you obviously know nothing about the character - she wears goggles as part of her outfit in the modern comics - she also wears her cowel however. Why not just get rid of Batmans outfit, after all Nolan doesn't think he's making a comic book movie and he has no respect for any other character. He should f off and do a thriller. He's destroying these iconic characters by making them boring. I don't want realisim, I want the comic adaption - bring back Tim Burton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're accusing people of knowing nothing about the character when you fail to realise SHE'S A THIEF. The idea of her stealing the goggles is a perfectly valid theory. Maybe, just MAYBE she doesn't start off as Catwoman, MAYBE this is her origin and she's going to grow throughout the film. We have no idea where in the film this shot occurs. MAYBE by the end of the film she will have a cowl (A stuntwoman on set has been pictured holding a facemask that is 'cat-like') Did you ever think of that? NO, because you were too busy being a fanboy/girl, jumping to conclusions and throwing a massive bitch fit.
No respect for the character? Are you fucking serious? Both Nolan brothers and Goyer have gone to unbelievable lengths to make sure the characters are faithful to the characters in the comic book, ok maybe some elements of their origin (like Two-Face getting burned by an explosion instead of acid) or appearance (No Venom pumps on Bane) are different but there is no shadow of a doubt that these representations are HUGELY faithful to the actual characters of the comics. Every single character in Nolan's Batman universe has been given huge amounts of depth never before seen in a film portrayal. And you're missing the key word ADAPTATION, meaning changing something from one medium to another, some things do not work in one medium that they may do in another. It may need to change or ADAPT in order to work. It's the key thing fanboys/girls like you completely fail to understand.
Bring back Tim Burton? You do know that Burton never cared about the character of Batman or Bruce Wayne? He was always more interested in the villains and not even portraying them as they were in the comics properly. Since when was Catwoman a psychotic killer dressed in fetish wear or when was Penguin a disfigured mutant freak, They never were, it was his INTERPRETATION.

quote:

Pretentious? You have completely no understanding of this word, neither do most of the people who use it on the internet. It's the most overused word used by people who think because somethings a bit different or slightly intelligent but that person doesn't get it then it's automatically labelled 'Pretentious'. I think you'll find in every review of Dark Knight that reviewers give praise to more than just Ledger's performance plus there was Oscar talk 2 months before he died when the first footage of him was released, so your argument falls flat on it's face there. As i've said previously Nolan has probably shown more care than anyone who has adapted Batman outside the comics (possibly only outdone by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm of the animated Batman adaptations). Actually "Nolan We Know Sucks" He actually doesn't, he's a tremendous film-maker who's managed to create intelligent satisfying Blockbusters that rely more on character than CGI. And has earned rave reviews for EVERY SINGLE film he has made. And regardless of what you think, he's held in high regard by critics, fans and general audiences alike.

To be honest, I can't even believe I took the time to reply to this post. You're nothing more than a narrow minded, ignorant internet troll. You're exactly the reason why people make fun of people who are fans of the comics and people who comment on the internet, and you're exactly the type of person that makes me want to stop going onto internet message boards. So why don't you go away, learn to back up your statements with proof, not jump to conclusions, gain some intelligence and most of all show some fucking perspective.

< Message edited by BatFan -- 6/8/2011 5:56:48 PM >

Post #: 133
RE: That's NOT Catwoman!!! It's a woman. - 6/8/2011 6:30:11 PM   
Frank Castle

pretty lame pics if im honest, but im hoping that isn the finished catwoman look. bane looks bad as it is along with the return of the dreadful batpod this could go the route of many superhero 3rd parts lame.

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 134
RE: That's NOT Catwoman!!! It's a woman. - 6/8/2011 6:34:49 PM   
sanchia

Early days. Admittedly if this is the full costume then it is a bit lacking.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 135
RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT. - 6/8/2011 8:28:53 PM   
thetruth

quote:

quote:

quote:

That is absurdly ignorant.Ledger won on merit,and was far better than Nicholson´s slapstick turn.
It´s widely regarded as one of his best performances.
Nolan brought Batman to bigger audience,get over it.

Without love we are dead

Protect children from vile and obscene videos

Post #: 136
- 6/8/2011 8:47:56 PM   
BillClay

One still photo is released. One, and everyone starts on how bad the film is going to be.
How fucking stupid are all you cunts going to look next June. I have had enough....never to return.

Post #: 137
RE: - 7/8/2011 12:12:45 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillClay

One still photo is released. One, and everyone starts on how bad the film is going to be

Welcome to the internet.

(in reply to BillClay)
Post #: 138
RE: - 7/8/2011 1:07:43 AM   
thetruth

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillClay

One still photo is released. One, and everyone starts on how bad the film is going to be.
How fucking stupid are all you cunts going to look next June. I have had enough....never to return.

Goodbye!

Without love we are dead

(in reply to BillClay)
Post #: 139
Now now girls....Play nice. - 7/8/2011 8:47:24 AM   
arronskie

Its just a picture.They wont release a full costumed one yet.Its just a taster to get everyone all worked up.....Its obviously working though.

Post #: 140
Re: - 7/8/2011 10:24:51 AM   
timmerpt

Last thing I want to do is upset anyone here and be called a c@*t or get the f-word thrown at me. But I think I have to agree with most people and say this is very dissapointing. In this series of films one of the strongest points has been the costumes. Whether it be the new take on the joker or Ras, or even how perfectly two-face was re-created. To just put A-Hath in tight black clothes with goggles is pretty unimaginative. Hopefully this is just just a first attempt at a costume like Bruce Wayne's Balaclava attempt in Begins. We'll see.

Post #: 141
You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 7/8/2011 11:25:39 AM   
burtbondy

"In Nolan we trust" It sounds like a bunch of brainwashed minions who believe Nolan is not some sort of messiah of of current movies. He is a hack of somewhat decent movies that are eminently flawed. His casting is basically getting the most popular actor/actress around to stuff into his money making shit-fest.

Post #: 142
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 7/8/2011 1:45:46 PM   
st3veebee

[image]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20050828234349/uncyclopedia/images/1/19/The_Goggles,_they_do_nothing!.gif[/image]

< Message edited by st3veebee -- 7/8/2011 1:46:56 PM >

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 143
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 7/8/2011 1:47:33 PM   
st3veebee

HoodMan: HELP! ITS STILL NOT WORKING.

I WILL make this joke. And you WILL all laugh

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 144
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 7/8/2011 2:22:04 PM   
thetruth

quote:

ORIGINAL: burtbondy

"In Nolan we trust" It sounds like a bunch of brainwashed minions who believe Nolan is not some sort of messiah of of current movies. He is a hack of somewhat decent movies that are eminently flawed. His casting is basically getting the most popular actor/actress around to stuff into his money making shit-fest.
If you´re gonna insult somone,make sense!
A hack of somewhat decent movies?
He is or isn´t a Messiah?

Without love we are dead

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 145
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 7/8/2011 2:29:24 PM   
BatFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: thetruth

quote:

My thoughts exactly.

I give up I really do. I feel like you should have to pass an IQ test to be able to go on the internet.

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 146
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 7/8/2011 2:36:19 PM   
burtbondy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: burtbondy "In Nolan we trust" It sounds like a bunch of brainwashed minions who believe Nolan is not some sort of messiah of of current movies. He is a hack of somewhat decent movies that are eminently flawed. His casting is basically getting the most popular actor/actress around to stuff into his money making shit-fest.
If you´re gonna insult somone,make sense! A hack of somewhat decent movies? He is or isn´t a Messiah?
Take out the not and it makes perfect sense. Im only up, cut me a break.

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 147
Hate on the haters - 7/8/2011 2:54:35 PM   
bigollytg

Is anyone getting a bit bored of people moaning about ridiculous little niggles and big franchises becuase they like to think there better. looking forward to this film and nolans interprtaqtion of the charecter is intresting . shes still a cat burgaler people what more do you want ¬¬

Post #: 148
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 7/8/2011 3:10:39 PM   
thetruth

quote:

quote:

quote:

Take out the not and it makes perfect sense. Im only up, cut me a break.
Put in the not and it makes no sense.
And what´s of of?Is that like The The?
And maybe you´ll cut Nolan a break!

Without love we are dead

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 149
RE: You got to be fuc*king kidding me. - 7/8/2011 3:22:47 PM   
burtbondy

Quit nitpicking, its immature. Poindexter.

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT. Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI