Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Haha haha

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Haha haha Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Haha haha - 5/8/2011 6:32:01 PM   
gazpop

You mistake me. I was referring to whomever dissed Jim R. Or that's what I thought someone had done regarding his Get. Out. Now.
What have I done? What have I started. Although to just say 'these films blow sack' or whatever, well, thanks for the detailed and consise precise old bean. I myself must disagree.

As for the last 2 being gothic. Ok. It they weern't totally Emo/Count Dracula stylee or what have you, but compared to most, ahem, 'blockbusters', it was pretty dark at least.

Not sure how I feel about taking the next series of DC stuff in the other direction, i.e. Marvel (which it suits). That's the way most DC stuff is, compared to Marvel, and I love that. Some like Kirk, some like Picard. Some like both (me). Anyway, we shall see what we shall see. Still wanted to see Harley Quinn. Maybe there WILL be a proper Arkham film and she can come into her own. Great outfit at least. Maybe we should buy OUR HQ one for her birthday this year??

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 91
RE: batpod - 5/8/2011 6:36:33 PM   
gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

I got it, Selina Kyle IS Bruce Wayne!

Tech!! Long time! Nice idea. Bruce goes to hospital as Bruce, comes out as.....ta daaaah Bruce (Serena Kyle) Wayne. Morgs finds him some new high tech high heels and away we go. 2 face versus 2 gender. Sorry Batfan.

She gonna come, she gonna conquer, she gonna kick some............

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 92
RE: Haha haha - 5/8/2011 6:50:50 PM   
burtbondy

quote:

ORIGINAL: thetruth
quote:

ORIGINAL: burtbondy I don't think so. You intended you're stupid original comment where I just made a common mistake on my keyboard. You are one of those people who will argue back and forth about nonsense so good luck to you. I'm out.
"your"
This isn't a grammar lesson tread. Dork.

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 93
RE: batpod - 5/8/2011 6:56:30 PM   
BatFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

I got it, Selina Kyle IS Bruce Wayne!

Tech!! Long time! Nice idea. Bruce goes to hospital as Bruce, comes out as.....ta daaaah Bruce (Serena Kyle) Wayne. Morgs finds him some new high tech high heels and away we go. 2 face versus 2 gender. Sorry Batfan.

She gonna come, she gonna conquer, she gonna kick some............

Why are you apologising?

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 94
RE: Haha haha - 5/8/2011 6:58:38 PM   
BatFan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: burtbondy

I don't think so. You intended you're stupid original comment where I just made a common mistake on my keyboard. You are one of those people who will argue back and forth about nonsense so good luck to you. I'm out.

Thank you.

Was the cartoon thread not enough earlier?A gluton for punishment!

The thread earlier was a difference of opinion and a bunch of people who I do not like. This was just a moronic troll who needs to be put in his place and needs to learn that if he wants to be treated nicely then he has to put forth actual well informed arguments.

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 95
RE: Haha haha - 5/8/2011 7:06:55 PM   
thetruth

Indeedy!

Without love we are dead

Protect children from vile and obscene videos

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 96
RE: Haha haha - 5/8/2011 7:08:58 PM   
superdan

You don't often hear 'dork' these days. I think I might reintroduce it into my day-to-day to my vocabulary, it has a certain charm to it.

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 97
RE: Haha haha - 5/8/2011 7:09:28 PM   
thetruth

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't think so. You intended you're stupid original comment where I just made a common mistake on my keyboard. You are one of those people who will argue back and forth about nonsense so good luck to you. I'm out.

"your"
You´re very touchy.

Without love we are dead

(in reply to burtbondy)
Post #: 98
RE: Haha haha - 5/8/2011 7:11:22 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"your"
You´re very touchy.

Or a 'grammar lesson thread. Dork.'

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 99
Where are the cat ears? - 5/8/2011 7:18:25 PM   
danbo1138

I want ears and a whip,all that pic is to me is Ann Hathaway not Catwoman.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 100
Where are the cat ears? - 5/8/2011 7:31:30 PM   
danbo1138

I want ears and a whip,all that pic is to me is Ann Hathaway not Catwoman.

Post #: 101
RE: Haha haha - 5/8/2011 7:47:17 PM   
gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

You don't often hear 'dork' these days. I think I might reintroduce it into my day-to-day to my vocabulary, it has a certain charm to it.

You should 'berk' as well dan my boy.

Bad Spaldy!

Batfan, I was apologising for suggesting that Bruce might have gender issues. Not that that's not absolutely fine of course. I myself used to be Wendy.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 102
RE: Haha haha - 5/8/2011 7:48:55 PM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

You should 'berk' as well dan my boy.

Way ahead of you man. I've been on a mission to bring that back for about 7 years now

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 103
RE: Haha haha - 5/8/2011 7:49:36 PM   
BatFan

Is Gazpop usually like this? I've never encountered him on the forums before. Quite an odd-un' but not in the bad way

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 104
RE: Haha haha - 5/8/2011 7:53:58 PM   
thetruth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"your"
You´re very touchy.

I soooo wasn´t pointing that out!Affraid what was after dork!
Back on subject,it has to be the traditional catsuit a la Catwoman!

Without love we are dead

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 105
RE: Haha haha - 5/8/2011 7:55:24 PM   
thetruth

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"your"
You´re very touchy.

I soooo wasn´t pointing that out!Affraid what was after dork!
Back on subject,it has to be the traditional catsuit a la Catwoman!

Now i messed up the quote function.What a dork!

Without love we are dead

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 106
This picture looks like... - 5/8/2011 8:10:41 PM   
Bourjois

... a still from a Spy Kids movie. It doesn't really scream Catwoman at me (and no not the Tim Burton fetish version, the actual comic book versions).

As much as I love Nolan's work, his casting of female lead roles so far in his Batman films has been poor. Obviously Marion Cotillard is the exception in DKR, and I'm hoping that she's secretly playing Talia Al Ghul. If she is, then I would have to ask why include Catwoman at all? Surely Bane and the The League of Shadows/Assassins (led by Talia) would be enough?

We'll see I guess. Here's hoping Anne Hathaway can do a Heath Ledger and pull a fantastic performance out of the bag that plays against type (her type generally being goofy).

< Message edited by Bourjois -- 5/8/2011 8:12:59 PM >

Post #: 107
- 5/8/2011 8:21:01 PM   
RandyChimp

Catwoman was never really a villain, more of a femme-fatale. This doesn't look terrible.

Oh, and here's my obligatory "Whey, Anne Hathaway in leather" comment.

Post #: 108
Catwoman - 5/8/2011 8:42:49 PM   
Alistair

Hmmm....not sure what to think of that suit to be honest.

I think Nolan can shoot himself in the foot. His realistic take on these characters almost goes against their comic-book origins. There is nothing feline about what I see in the official photo. Might as well just be called 'Leather-clad girl'.

Course, Nolan hasn't official called her 'Catwoman' in any of the promo stuff. It's just assumption. But I'm sorry, by naming her Selina Kyle then it is obvious that she is Catwoman. Otherwise she'd have just been called Sarah Jones or something like that. And to those suggesting that she may become Catwoman at the end - Why? That makes no sense. This is Nolan's last Batman film. He's not doing any more set-up, so doing such a thing as revealing Catwoman at the end would just be eternally frustrating (and completely pointless).

< Message edited by Alistair -- 5/8/2011 8:43:57 PM >

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to RandyChimp)
Post #: 109
RE: Catwoman - 5/8/2011 9:07:24 PM   
UTB

The stunt-double batpod shots look better than this, but then what were people expecting, a tail?

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 110
Batcave? - 5/8/2011 9:25:53 PM   
Blyman

Given the Batpod isn't moving it looks like she's just mounted it having (most likely) pinched a pair of Batmans googles, could that be the new Batcave? Not exactly dark or cave like but it could be a new build thing since Wayne Manor is due to be rebuilt from scratch???

Post #: 111
RE: Haha haha - 5/8/2011 10:11:08 PM   
gazpop

quote:

Is Gazpop usually like this? I've never encountered him on the forums before. Quite an odd-un' but not in the bad way

Dan? Back me up here! I have friends in high places don't cha know? Never thought of myself as an odd 'un. Never seen you around in a year of trawling (not trolling, except Dev) this lovely bastion of loquaciousness either Batters.
Don't mind me Batfan. Although I am curious as to the said reasons of oddness. Pray tell. Seems like quite the compliment round these parts, yarp.

Edit: say Batters? if you like footy, come join us on the empire fantasy league. We like cricket too. Well, me and Jonson and Goodfella do anyway. And maybe the Prof too......

< Message edited by gazpop -- 5/8/2011 10:13:17 PM >

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 112
RE: Haha haha - 5/8/2011 10:14:31 PM   
BatFan

quote:

quote:

Dan? Back me up here! I have friends in high places don't cha know? Never thought of myself as an odd 'un. Never seen you around in a year of trawling (not trolling, except Dev) this lovely bastion of loquaciousness either Batters.
Don't mind me Batfan. Although I am curious as to the said reasons of oddness. Pray tell. Seems like quite the compliment round these parts, yarp.

Edit: say Batters? if you like footy, come join us on the empire fantasy league. We like cricket too. Well, me and Jonson and Goodfella do anyway. And maybe the Prof too......

You just have an amazing way with words, like a slightly sozzled french duke at a stag do. It's quite entertaining. Sadly I don't enjoy sports of any kind but thank you for the invitation.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 113
RE: Haha haha - 5/8/2011 11:07:26 PM   
KnightofZyryab

A couple more on set pics of Hathaway/Selina Kyle on the batpod.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/05/anne-hathaway-as-selena-kyle-catwoman-photo_n_919146.html

Skin tight. Leather.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 114
- 6/8/2011 1:31:04 AM   
mojobob

Judging by the picture I reckon Selina Kyle steals the batpod from Wayne Enterprises, possibly part of some elaborate scheme planned by Bane, which reveals to both the identity of Batman.

Post #: 115
RE: batpod - 6/8/2011 1:33:01 AM   
st3veebee

[image]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p154/simonsnakeyes/180px-The_Goggles_they_do_nothing.gif[/image]

< Message edited by st3veebee -- 6/8/2011 1:38:45 AM >

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 116
RE: batpod - 6/8/2011 1:40:14 AM   
st3veebee

FFS....I hate computers.

I was trying to make the Radioactive Man "ze goggles do nothing" joke but for some reason no pictures work.

I think the costume looks alright, if a little laser tag-y

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 117
RE: batpod - 6/8/2011 2:00:36 AM   
Hood_Man

Maybe try removing the i127. from the link, it might work then

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 118
RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT. - 6/8/2011 2:16:13 AM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: lewisb548

TO BE FAIR SHE IS CALLED CAT WOMAN, THIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE A FUCKING CAT, AND I CAN ONLY GUESS THE DARK KNIGHT RISES WILL BE A GOOD FILM BUT ITS OBVIOUS THAT CATWOMAN WILL PROBABLY SLOW DOWN THE FILM AND/OR EVEN DRAG IT DOWN, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS FILM.

Lewis548, you may want dabble a little in sentence analysis my dear boy. On one hand you've presumed what the film will be like; then on the other you stated you don't know what to expect?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

This 'in Nolan we trust' thing is actually becoming very irritating.

Here here! I don't like "this"; please, I don't want a clever dick to reply with "this" either.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ashkam

Look moaners, at no point did WB refer to Hathaway's character as 'Catwoman'. They called her Selina Kyle, not 'Selina Kyle/Catowoman'.

Moaner, I think the "Selina Kyle" only listing is just semantics.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lemure

It's said nowhere in any press material that she will play Catwoman, only Selina Kyle - Nolan is using the character how he wants, so forget the ears and tail. In a "grounded" Gotham, why would a woman run around dressed as a cat anyway?

A silly statement here, don't you think? If we have a grounded reality-based Gotham, why would a man dress up as a bat?

Gazpopinjay, nice of you to 'fly in' mate!

I think the picture looks interesting. I was expecting a more feline appearance, such as a cowl with cat ears and a pair of goggles rather than that night vision/H.U.D type visor. Although since Batman quite cleverly adopted the sonar overlay technology into his suit. Catwoman, derived from a cat who have excellent night vision, it would make sense for her to have something similar. If she starts out as a cat burglar, she'd most likely target her victims at night. Locations that are more than likely high security..

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to lewisb548)
Post #: 119
RE: EXPECTED CATWOMAN TO LOOK DIFFERENT. - 6/8/2011 11:27:21 AM   
Rgirvan44

She looks fine - I kinda dig the fact she looks a little bit like Catwomen from the 60s show.

Love the internet though! You would think the last two Batman films were so bad as to be on par with Forever and Batman and Robin.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Haha haha Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI