Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

British (and Irish) women on American men

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> British (and Irish) women on American men Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
British (and Irish) women on American men - 4/8/2011 9:12:30 PM   
Emyr Thy King

A peculiar topic for discussion perhaps. But it's something I've wondered about over time. What do British ladies think of American guys in general? I don't know whether it's a myth or there is some truth to the idea that guys with British accents earn a 'bonus point' as it were with the ladies in the States. Conversely, I'm wondering whether American men have the same effect over here with British women? Of course during 'the war', lots of American and Canadian G.Is came over here. They did of course charm many ladyfolk but they also had things such as money, chocolate, nylon etc..things of luxury with which to tempt the ladies. Since the playing field has levelled since then, has the 'G.I effect' diminished? Have any women here encountered the G.I. syndrome'; where visiting American gents flash the modern day equivalent of WW2 nylon, chocolate etc in order to get into the knickers of British? As they once did back in the 40's. I know a number of women here will say such and such an American celebrity/actor is attractive. They're fantasy figures as far as this discussion is concerned. I'm just curious about what British women think about American men when they visit the States and also when they come over here.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self
Post #: 1
RE: British (and Irish) women on American men - 4/8/2011 9:44:53 PM   
Rgirvan44

Yeah, yeah - whats the real story here dude? Own up!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 2
RE: British (and Irish) women on American men - 5/8/2011 12:39:40 AM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Yeah, yeah - whats the real story here dude? Own up!

I won't disclose what happened in one of CORELEONE's infamous green pyjama/tin foil blanket parties. You were there anyway.

However, seeing as I was interested in what the modern British woman thinks of American guys they come across; I'm guessing you may have something to share.

I'll take a guess. The guy was an American, you enjoyed being 'bad boys' but as soon as he started throwing space rocks towards you. Your summer flings abruptly ended.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 3
RE: British (and Irish) women on American men - 5/8/2011 12:46:38 AM   
Rgirvan44

He was just so dreamy with his silky smooth voice and pearl white teeth.

Swoon.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 4
RE: British (and Irish) women on American men - 5/8/2011 12:55:08 AM   
CORLEONE

Jeez, why don't you just put it on Facebook while you're at it. Don't forget the ping pong balls this time.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

Post #: 5
RE: British (and Irish) women on American men - 5/8/2011 1:51:33 AM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

He was just so dreamy with his silky smooth voice and pearl white teeth.

Swoon.

What about his luxurious and spacious bath tub? A virtual pearl harbour?

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

Jeez, why don't you just put it on Facebook while you're at it. Don't forget the ping pong balls this time.

The ping-pong balls are so that I can shove them in my mouth and be the grand don....right?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 6
RE: British (and Irish) women on American men - 8/8/2011 8:01:38 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

I like yank girls, if that's at all related.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

Post #: 7
RE: British (and Irish) women on American men - 8/8/2011 9:38:03 PM   
JIm R

American girls love english blokes

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 8
RE: British (and Irish) women on American men - 8/8/2011 10:21:44 PM   
gingerdaniel

I'm not a fan of American female accents. Sorry.

French females however, meow.

Do you run? Check THIS out

Post #: 9
RE: British (and Irish) women on American men - 8/8/2011 11:10:27 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerdaniel

I'm not a fan of American female accents. Sorry.

French females however, meow.

Couldn't agree more.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to gingerdaniel)
Post #: 10
RE: British (and Irish) women on American men - 10/8/2011 7:06:35 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

When I was at uni there were two American chaps in some of my lessons. One was very charming and they were both extremely fanciable. I don't think accents had anything to do with that, but they didn't have that 'touristy' accent. If they did, I would probably have avoided them at all costs. 

If God had wanted us to walk everywhere he wouldn't have given us Little Chefs.

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 11
RE: British (and Irish) women on American men - 13/8/2011 12:01:18 PM   
gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lazy wolf eyes

When I was at uni there were two American chaps in some of my lessons. One was very charming and they were both extremely fanciable. I don't think accents had anything to do with that, but they didn't have that 'touristy' accent. If they did, I would probably have avoided them at all costs. 

Well I said GOD DAMN!!!!!!

Tis true, yanks love our accent. The Noo Yoikers aren't so fazed, but the west coast and bible belt? ooh la la honey.

As to the french ,agreed...sexiest accent in the world. Aussi ma langue favorite tout le monde

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Lazy wolf eyes)
Post #: 12
RE: British (and Irish) women on American men - 13/8/2011 10:47:08 PM   
Lobelia Overhill

I like the American accents ... and Irish men are difficult to "read", it's impossible to tell if a fella likes you or not!

My days of not taking you seriously are about coming to a middle

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> British (and Irish) women on American men Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI