Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Synder / Superman

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Synder / Superman Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Synder / Superman - 4/8/2011 7:38:48 PM   
BatFan

Well so far you've got the main script written by David Goyer then Jonathan Nolan doing some quick re-writes and now Kurt Johnstads doing extended re-writes (most likely the problematic third act everyone is talking about).

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 31
RE: Synder / Superman - 4/8/2011 7:39:35 PM   
danbo1138

Nolans brother is writing it i think and CN is ex producing or so i read.
I think it could be a good match, Zacks  visual style and the Nolan touch script wise...I'm optimistic.

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 32
RE: Synder / Superman - 4/8/2011 7:43:38 PM   
Tech_Noir

Personally, there's no other director working today that I'd wanna see direct a new Superman movie. Singer was bland, they need the extreme.

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 33
RE: The problem with superman is - 4/8/2011 7:44:56 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: leroythemasochist

He's just so bloody strong and fast and can 'see the harm cigarettes do inside people's bodies' (anti smoking campaign poster I had on my wall as a kid - sorry) that he can come across as a bit... Dull.
I'll go see it (Superman in 79 is still a triumph) and will be interested to see how Nolan has shaken it up.
Most excited (yes, excited) about Kev as Pa Kent to be honest. I love Kev, he's just ace, end of.

Original was 1978
Post #: 34
RE: The problem with superman is - 4/8/2011 7:55:34 PM   
BatFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: leroythemasochist

He's just so bloody strong and fast and can 'see the harm cigarettes do inside people's bodies' (anti smoking campaign poster I had on my wall as a kid - sorry) that he can come across as a bit... Dull.
I'll go see it (Superman in 79 is still a triumph) and will be interested to see how Nolan has shaken it up.
Most excited (yes, excited) about Kev as Pa Kent to be honest. I love Kev, he's just ace, end of.

You have to look beyond his powers and see his character. Having every single one of your race killed, if one does pop up they're usually evil so he has to decide whether to hurt someone he's been searching for. The fact that as much as he tries to be human he never will be. His control of power and trying to maintain morals and own standards in a world which is increasingly breaking their own. Hardly things that could be classed as 'dull'.

Post #: 35
RE: My least favourite hero. - 4/8/2011 8:29:32 PM   
Mr Terrific

quote:

The only Superman i ever liked was the third one where he gets put into a compacter by himself. Also This new one has the unfortunate fate of Nolan injecting his usual crappy dose of cold reality into it.

Wow, you do know that Nolan is only producing the movie right? It was written by David Goyer. With various rewrites!
Seen it already huh?

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific
Post #: 36
RE: Synder / Superman - 4/8/2011 8:44:10 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Personally, there's no other director working today that I'd wanna see direct a new Superman movie. Singer was bland, they need the extreme.

I agree Tech. I'm all ready for something mental. We know what a standard modern Superman film is like - Singer gave us exactly that. I'm well up for something quite far out there - which is why I'm, a little surprised at the normality of the suit but I love it. The most important thing is that Cavill looks good in it. It'll be interesting to see if the red pants are there.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 37
RE: Synder / Superman - 4/8/2011 8:59:37 PM   
BatFan

I'd say that Spielberg would be the perfect director for Superman. If ever there was a director who's sensibilities mirrored that of Superman, it's Spielberg.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 38
RE: Looking For A Good Start Here - 5/8/2011 12:45:29 AM   
CORLEONE

Cavill looks good and I'm liking the suit. Now let's see crazy ass Zod!

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".
Post #: 39
RE: Looking For A Good Start Here - 5/8/2011 12:46:10 AM   
Dirk Miggler

I likey a lot !
Post #: 40
RE: About bloody time!!!!! - 5/8/2011 1:43:04 PM   
RobinHood81

I totally agree with you dude.... Returns was an awful movie. I am a massive Superman fan, but that movie does not exist to me! Such bad casting (Apart from Kevin Spacey)...And don't get me started with the kid with Asthma! Anyone claiming that movie to be good should be poked in the eye... Twice!
Post #: 41
RE: I guess I'm in luck (sort of)... - 5/8/2011 1:49:38 PM   
RobinHood81

Two things!! One you said you liked Returns? Why???... Second thing, did you actually watch the dark knight? How can you compare Jack Nicholson's joker to Heath Ledger's?... They couldn't be more different! Or are you basing this on the fact the both had make-up on??? I love both versions, but to say they did the same job is ridiculous.
Post #: 42
Superman! - 5/8/2011 8:56:45 PM   
Alistair

Okay, so I'll wait and see some more pics of the suit before passing final judgement, but so far I quite like it. I have issues (muted colours, fish-scale texture, not 100% on the 'S' chest-plate) but then this could just be the lighting. The cape and boots are epic and Cavill looks the part.

Although this is a promo shot, one can assume he's just been thrown at that vault door by Zod and is getting back up on his feet, determined.

P.S - For the first time ever with a Superman suit, I can imagine that this suit would be something that would be worn on another planet (much like THOR) as a kind of armour/regal costume.

< Message edited by Alistair -- 5/8/2011 9:00:26 PM >

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.
Post #: 43
RE: I guess I'm in luck (sort of)... - 7/8/2011 12:20:57 AM   
Mort Grimm

I have to weigh in on this post too? Heath Ledger's performance couldn't have been more different from Jacks?! That's why I loved it. Burton's Batman was silly. Nolan's given us a truly dark dark Knight, a gritty, believable one. Inception was incredible for my money- ten times more clever and inventive than any ten movies. You've never had a dream within a dream? Never had a lucid dream? Nolan is an original and talented director. I enjoyed Superman Returns too, but it's fine to change the franchise. It's never been rebooted and it's been around since the late 70's. I like the suit- it looks suitably edgy and the primary colours need toned down. Also as someone else here stated I think, the suit should be alien in origin like Supes, so shouldn't look like normal human fabric. To all those who are whining about nationality- I don't give a toss as long as the role is filled by someone who can play the part.
Post #: 44
RE: Whingey bitches - 7/8/2011 12:31:30 AM   
Mort Grimm

I'm with you man. I watched Superman 1 & 2 recently, and plan to watch Returns again soon. I loved what Singer did with Returns- Routh's playing of Superman/Clark Kent, the adherence to the old films, Spacey as Luthor was brilliant...but I admit I've always wanted to see a modern, edgier Superman ever since I read The Dark Knight Returns. People are never going to be happy. Complaining about the 'S', the cape, the colour- actually on this forum people have complained about every single part of the suit. Every. Single. One. People got to chill. Batman fanboys aren't this bad ( well...almost not as bad) Re-invention is why comics, graphic novels and superhero stories in any medium survive. So help me, if I hear one more person hating on the The Dark Knight... What'dyawant?! Burtons films were still too campy, Batman and Robin was utter tripe ( we can surely all agree on that) and yet, YET they now moan about Nolan's Batman. Dedicated, clever Chris Nolan, whose given Batman great respect and two ( I think) awesome films. Ya just can't win.
Post #: 45
- 9/8/2011 12:23:33 PM   
quantumphoeniix

i hate it.hate the suit hate the colours hate the face.and the hair is just wrong.unlike a lot of you i thought routh was perfect.this doesnt look like superman to me.looks like an imposter

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 46
RE: - 9/8/2011 9:25:16 PM   
trainedasninja

No i like, looks much more interesting than returns

(in reply to quantumphoeniix)
Post #: 47
RE: - 10/8/2011 2:49:04 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: quantumphoeniix

i hate it.hate the suit hate the colours hate the face.and the hair is just wrong.unlike a lot of you i thought routh was perfect.this doesnt look like superman to me.looks like an imposter

Why?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to quantumphoeniix)
Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Synder / Superman Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI