Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point in time

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point in time Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 2/9/2011 2:47:18 PM   
Piles

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Lime

The Accused (1920)

Virginia Rappe - The Victim
Roscoe Arbuckle - Rapist Number 1

Oh you devil

Top 100 Moz Songs / Top 100 Films

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 31
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 2/9/2011 2:48:44 PM   
Harry Lime

I know. Ain't I wicked?!

That said, I would love to see my other choice.

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

If I get there early will it be the right time
our heaven is just waiting so put your hand into mine.

(in reply to Piles)
Post #: 32
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 2/9/2011 3:41:09 PM   
superdan

X-Men, 1985 stylee:

Professor X - Peter O'Toole
Magneto - Harry Dean Stanton
Wolverine - Robin Williams
Cyclops - Michael Biehn
Jean Grey - Annette Bening
Rogue - Emily Proctor
Storm - Angela Bassett
Mystique - Kim Basinger

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 33
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 22/10/2011 11:14:27 AM   
gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: thetruth

Titanic 2011-Robert Patterson and Mila Kunis.....

Star Wars 2011-Luke Skywalker:Jessie Eissenberg
Han Solo:Bradley Cooper
Princess Lea:Amanda Seyfried

NO NO NO. And more NO's to follow in a series of NO'S sang in a choral arrangent featuring Charlotte Church, Te Kanawa and George Michael. Starting high, finishing low, with explosions all over the gaff. Got that? NO!!! Jessie Eisenberg as Luke? Are you high or something? Cooper as Solo? You're seeing a whole team of psychotherapists aren't you? Deary me....

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 34
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 22/10/2011 2:41:41 PM   
darth silas

Star Wars Episode 4:A New Hope-2011

Luke Skywalker-Chris Evans.
Han Solo-Ryan Reynolds.
Obi Wan Ben Kenobi-Ewan Mcgregor(in old age makeup).
Princess Leia-Mila Kunis.
Darth Vader-Hayden Christensen(James Earl Jones as the voice).
Grand Moff Tarkin-Ralph Fiennes.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 35
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 22/10/2011 2:43:55 PM   
Rgirvan44

Why would you need Hayden in the suit if he isn't going to speak?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 36
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 22/10/2011 2:54:16 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Just for consistency.He was in the suit at the end of ROTS.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 37
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 22/10/2011 2:56:01 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Just for consistency.He was in the suit at the end of ROTS.

But that was a two minute moment, which he did, just so he could say he did it. They actully weren't going to use him intitally.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 38
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 22/10/2011 3:26:16 PM   
gazpop

Boys boys boys, let's not quibble. Interesting choices there Darthy. I love Chris Evans but with the coverage he's getting right now, not sure he would be best suited. Also a little too muscular. And more importantly, not geeky enough. Luke is arguably the hardest one to cast of them all. I like Gordon-Levitt. If you wanna lighten his hair, go ahead, but I think he embodies everything that is necessary in Skywalker. Han is a little easier. Just not Ryan Reynolds. Yes, he needs to be handsome and rogueish but human. Fallible even. Gosling isn't handsome enough, but the rest of him would work. I don't know if the look is right but the character that Hartnett can inhabit a la lucky number slevin (when it's payback time) is bang on for Han. He's been criminally underused and underappreciated in my humble opinion. Kunis as Leia could work. She's got the spunk for sure. I also thought Mary Elizabeth Winstead. A little more grace perhaps. I think you have Moff Tarkin spot on, can't improve on that one pal. Obi Wan? Hmmm. I suppose you could use McGregor, but I like the thought of someone totally knew to the role. Especialy as the rest of the cast are gonna be. How about Richard E Grant?
We really could be here all day on this one. And Darth, I wasn't slating your choices in the slightest dude; Star Wars is so personal to all of us we're all gonna have opinons on this one. I would really like to hear you guys' thoughts on my choices and also on who you might like to see in those roles.

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 39
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 22/10/2011 3:31:06 PM   
Sphinx

Ooh great idea for a thread! I can't pick one so two fave classics

Breakfast at Tiffany's -2008 this is tough as it's near perfect film!

Holly Goughlightly - Natalie Portman
Paul Varjak - Ryan Gosling
2E - Julia Roberts
O.J Berman - Alfred Molina
Doc Goughlightly - Nicolas Cage
Jose - Oliver Martinez

V for Vendetta - 1950
Orson Welles - V
Jean Simmons - Evey
Dectective Inspector Finch - John Mills
Chancellor Sutler - Lawrence Olivier
Dietrech - Charles Laughton
Delia - Barbara Stanwyc
Richard Attenborough - Creedy

....damn, That would have made a great noir film!

Meet The New Boss...Same As The Old Boss

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 40
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 22/10/2011 3:35:59 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

Boys boys boys, let's not quibble. Interesting choices there Darthy. I love Chris Evans but with the coverage he's getting right now, not sure he would be best suited. Also a little too muscular. And more importantly, not geeky enough. Luke is arguably the hardest one to cast of them all. I like Gordon-Levitt. If you wanna lighten his hair, go ahead, but I think he embodies everything that is necessary in Skywalker. Han is a little easier. Just not Ryan Reynolds. Yes, he needs to be handsome and rogueish but human. Fallible even. Gosling isn't handsome enough, but the rest of him would work. I don't know if the look is right but the character that Hartnett can inhabit a la lucky number slevin (when it's payback time) is bang on for Han. He's been criminally underused and underappreciated in my humble opinion. Kunis as Leia could work. She's got the spunk for sure. I also thought Mary Elizabeth Winstead. A little more grace perhaps. I think you have Moff Tarkin spot on, can't improve on that one pal. Obi Wan? Hmmm. I suppose you could use McGregor, but I like the thought of someone totally knew to the role. Especialy as the rest of the cast are gonna be. How about Richard E Grant?
We really could be here all day on this one. And Darth, I wasn't slating your choices in the slightest dude; Star Wars is so personal to all of us we're all gonna have opinons on this one. I would really like to hear you guys' thoughts on my choices and also on who you might like to see in those roles.

Well we all know these movies wont happen.Its just a fun what if? Chris Evans bulked up considerably to play Cap but he could easily slim down again and hes such a good actor that i could see him playing the naive Luke no problem(Heck,his Steve Rogers is so damn wholesome and straight).

Winstead i could see as Leia.I think shes got good acting ability to go with the looks,and could play the high and mighty Episode 4 Leia no problem.

Hartnett i cant see as Han.Hes too much of a douchebag and i dont think he can act.I think Reynolds could do it,i used to not like him but really liked his Hal Jordan.

Richard E Grant as Obi Wan? No i cant see it.He doesnt have the gravitas to play a role like that and iv always found him to be a bit creepy.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 41
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 22/10/2011 4:03:50 PM   
Herr Schnitzel

Vertigo

in 1935

James Steward - Gary Cooper
Kim Novak - Carole Lombard
Barbara Bel Geddes - Janet Gaynor
Tom Helmore - John Barrymore

in 1945

James Steward - Robert Mitchum
Kim Novak - Veronica Lake
Barbara Bel Geddes - Dorothy McGuire
Tom Helmore - Clifton Webb

in 1975

James Steward - Elliot Gould
Kim Novak - Tuesday Weld
Barbara Bel Geddes - Melinda Dillon
Tom Helmore - Max von Sydow

in 1985

James Steward - William Hurt
Kim Novak - Nastassja Kinski
Barbara Bel Geddes - Elizabeth McGovern
Tom Helmore - Martin Landau

< Message edited by Herr Schnitzel -- 22/10/2011 5:07:01 PM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 42
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 22/10/2011 4:36:34 PM   
gazpop

Well, Obi Wan IS a bit creepy. The guys not all there after borrowing lawnmowers from the sand-people for the past coupla decades, hhuhh hughhh. I know Hartnett isn't everyone's cup of tea but he is so much better than we have been led to believe. He just chose the wrong scripts for a bit. But ok, if you think Reynolds (who I actually like in other stuff but can't quite see how his Jal Jordan puts him in the frame for Solo) then we'll cancel each others' choices out. Let's go away and both come back with a new idea for Han, deal?
ps-don't forget Evans' weedy Rogers was computer effects. I want none of that shit for my Star Wars circa 2011. You never said what you thought about Levitt?

(in reply to Herr Schnitzel)
Post #: 43
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 22/10/2011 4:37:58 PM   
gazpop

If he were still alive, what say you on Pete Postlethwaite as Obi-Wan?

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 44
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 22/10/2011 4:52:49 PM   
darth silas

I like Levitt.Not sure for him as Luke.Maybe as Biggs?

As for Posthlewaite.Great actor,but with all respect to the man I think he lacked the good looks to be a proper leading man.Obi wan was a handsome bloke in his day.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 45
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 22/10/2011 4:56:10 PM   
gazpop

In his day. This is episode 4 man. Anyway, it was just an idea. Any new thoughts on Han yet? And sorry to piss on your chips vis a vis Bale as Bond. Just made me smile is all. And I'm half welsh!!

Post #: 46
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 22/10/2011 9:51:15 PM   
jackcarter

Battlestar Galactica 2014

Adama - Liam Neeson
Apollo - Brandon Routh
Starbuck - Josh Holloway
Boomer - Chiwetel Ejiofor
Tigh - Idris Elba
Athena - Megan Fox
Cassiopeia - Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Baltar - Kevin Spacey

Opening Credit V/O - Ian McKellan

original actor cameos - Richard Hatch/Dirk Benedict

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 22/10/2011 11:16:16 PM >

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 47
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 22/10/2011 10:54:15 PM   
Matt1975

Goldfinger- 2011

James Bond- Ronnie Corbett
Goldfinger -Russell Brand
Oddjob- Warwick Davis
Pussy Galore- Dawn French

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 48
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 22/10/2011 11:15:33 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

X-Men, 1985 stylee:

Cyclops - Michael Biehn
Rogue - Emily Proctor
Storm - Angela Bassett
Mystique - Kim Basinger

Richard O'Brien, surely?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 49
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 23/10/2011 9:58:07 AM   
gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackcarter

Battlestar Galactica 2014

Adama - Liam Neeson
Apollo - Brandon Routh
Starbuck - Josh Holloway
Boomer - Chiwetel Ejiofor
Tigh - Idris Elba
Athena - Megan Fox
Cassiopeia - Rosie Huntington-WhiteleyBaltar - Kevin Spacey

Opening Credit V/O - Ian McKellan

original actor cameos - Richard Hatch/Dirk Benedict

Dude, describe the costumes/uniforms for me won't you?

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 50
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 23/10/2011 10:13:11 AM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

X-Men, 1985 stylee:

Cyclops - Michael Biehn
Rogue - Emily Proctor
Storm - Angela Bassett
Mystique - Kim Basinger

Richard O'Brien, surely?

Either would be fine I reckon.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 51
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 23/10/2011 3:16:34 PM   
thetruth

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thetruth

Titanic 2011-Robert Patterson and Mila Kunis.....

Star Wars 2011-Luke Skywalker:Jessie Eissenberg
Han Solo:Bradley Cooper
Princess Lea:Amanda Seyfried

NO NO NO. And more NO's to follow in a series of NO'S sang in a choral arrangent featuring Charlotte Church, Te Kanawa and George Michael. Starting high, finishing low, with explosions all over the gaff. Got that? NO!!! Jessie Eisenberg as Luke? Are you high or something? Cooper as Solo? You're seeing a whole team of psychotherapists aren't you? Deary me....

Sorry Gaz,just having a bit of fun!
Luke would be the hardest casting.

Without love we are dead

Protect children from vile and obscene videos

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 52
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 23/10/2011 3:19:04 PM   
thetruth

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

Star Wars Episode 4:A New Hope-2011

Luke Skywalker-Chris Evans.
Han Solo-Ryan Reynolds.
Obi Wan Ben Kenobi-Ewan Mcgregor(in old age makeup).
Princess Leia-Mila Kunis.
Darth Vader-Hayden Christensen(James Earl Jones as the voice).
Grand Moff Tarkin-Ralph Fiennes.

Ewan Mc Gregor and Hayden Christenson should be eased from Star Wars memory.

Without love we are dead

Post #: 53
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 23/10/2011 4:06:02 PM   
gazpop

re Christenson, yes eased....like a bowel movement

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 54
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 23/10/2011 8:15:24 PM   
Matt1975

Silence of the lambs-

Hannibal-Gary Oldman
Clarice- Vera Farmiga
Buffalo Bill- Matt Dillion

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 55
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 23/10/2011 8:21:28 PM   
thetruth

quote:

re Christenson, yes eased....like a bowel movement

I meant erased!
Though your idea sounded better!

Without love we are dead

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 56
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 5/3/2012 3:55:18 PM   
jackcarter

http://inspirationfeed.com/inspiration/print-inspiration/15-movie-posters-from-an-alternate-universe/

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 5/3/2012 4:02:31 PM >

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 57
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 6/3/2012 11:49:04 AM   
Invader_Ace

Love those posters.  The Matrix one I actually wish we had got made it would have been mind blowing!
Bruce Lee as Neo
Sydney Poitier as Morpheus
Pam Grier as Trinity
Peter Sellers as Agent Smith 

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 58
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 6/3/2012 12:22:43 PM   
jackcarter

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 59
RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point ... - 6/3/2012 4:44:43 PM   
Spaldron

I like the idea of Kinski as one of the nihilists.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: recast your favourite movie...at a different point in time Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI