iPhone App

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire iPad Edition >> iPhone App Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
iPhone App - 1/8/2011 3:42:24 PM   
blindfold

Has the IPhone app become reduntant?  I haven't had any uodates since THE LINCOLN LAYER and COUNTRY STRIONG were released?  it won't update any more new movies?
Post #: 1
RE: iPhone App - 1/8/2011 4:38:14 PM   
James Dyer

Yes, you're not the first to bring that up. Short answer: it's broken and won't update past those reviews. The problem is that the agency who made it are no longer in the picture so we've had to pass it on to some of our internal IT bods to have a look at. Unfortunately apps aren't their strong suit and the process is taking... well, forever. I'll raise this again at this end and see what the hell is going on. If they don't fix it soon then I'm going to withdraw it from the App Store until they do.

"Mrs Landingham, what's next?"

(in reply to blindfold)
Post #: 2
RE: iPhone App - 7/8/2011 5:31:43 PM   
Col. Kurtz

Seems to be working again, but still not up to scratch, a few reviews missing e.g Inglourious Bastards.

(in reply to James Dyer)
Post #: 3
RE: iPhone App - 16/8/2011 2:28:45 AM   
jorjastandish

Worked fine!

There are many ways on how to transfer money abroad. Check this site out.It's all about affiliate marketing.

(in reply to Col. Kurtz)
Post #: 4
RE: iPhone App - 16/8/2011 8:56:43 AM   
Olympic Benny

Any plans to refund those of us who are a bit bored of reading the Lincoln Lawyer review?

(in reply to Col. Kurtz)
Post #: 5
RE: iPhone App - 18/8/2011 10:45:43 PM   
chevalier_noir

I uninstalled the app then reinstalled in and it downloaded new stuff for me (up to Water for Elephants and Attack the Block). mine was stuck on Lincoln Lawyer for months until I did this. Hopefully this will help others out.

(in reply to blindfold)
Post #: 6
RE: iPhone App - 19/8/2011 12:43:03 PM   
Olympic Benny

Thanks chevalier. I have done that, but I'm still a bit miffed I paid for an app to review films I've seen months ago!

(in reply to chevalier_noir)
Post #: 7
RE: iPhone App - 19/8/2011 10:17:24 PM   
chevalier_noir

Just went back into the app again today and 112 more downloaded right up to the current Inbetweeners movie. I'm happy with that. Yesterday it downloaded 300 reviews, wonder if that limit is causing problems somewhere.

Ps: all the new movies, Super 8, Captain America, Cowboys Aliens are there.

< Message edited by chevalier_noir -- 19/8/2011 10:20:46 PM >

(in reply to blindfold)
Post #: 8
RE: iPhone App - 2/9/2011 12:30:36 PM   
blindfold

2 months on... I still have the same issue.  Bizarre that anyone else is fully up to date?!

Lincoln Lawyer is still at the top of recents.  Urgh.  Maybe one day i might watch it.

Hope it gets fixed soon.  I don't want to have to resort to Total Film's App!

(in reply to James Dyer)
Post #: 9
RE: iPhone App - 2/9/2011 1:42:59 PM   
giallomovie

Delete the App and install it again, it will update 300 reviews (including new ones) the close it and open it again and it will be up to date. It works fine for me now, wonder if it's not a memory problem of something.

(in reply to blindfold)
Post #: 10
RE: iPhone App - 12/9/2011 12:13:05 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: blindfold

2 months on... I still have the same issue.  Bizarre that anyone else is fully up to date?!

Lincoln Lawyer is still at the top of recents.  Urgh.  Maybe one day i might watch it.

Hope it gets fixed soon.  I don't want to have to resort to Total Film's App!

To be fair it's a far superior app so if you haven't got it I suggest getting it...

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to blindfold)
Post #: 11
RE: iPhone App - 30/11/2011 5:32:11 PM   
peter343

It still works fine for me :-)

I really like spraywhite 90 and also the p90x workout review.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 12
RE: iPhone App - 9/1/2012 9:09:14 AM   
giallomovie

Any chance of getting the Iphone App back on the App Store since it's working again now?

If not, what other alternative do you suggest for a pocket movie guide? I tried the Maltin app and didn't like it much! Empire was the best so far!

(in reply to peter343)
Post #: 13
RE: iPhone App - 18/3/2012 8:16:17 PM   
SouthMouth

Unfortunately, i deleted my iPhone app because i thought like i had done months before, that it was a small hitch and that as i have already purchased it, that it would upload again with some new reviews. To my horror, i found out now that it has been taken off the Apple store because of major problems. I know the iPhone app has had problems and will take forever to fix so it updates properly again but I did pay a lot of money for it and although I would like new reviews, the good thing I like about the app is the huge catalogue of past reviews that I like to read. Is it possible to just make it available for all people who have purchased it so we can at least access it again in case we have panicked like I have and deleted it without knowing we couldn't get it back? I think considering what we paid for it, that is only fair.

(in reply to giallomovie)
Post #: 14
RE: iPhone App - 19/3/2012 12:05:48 AM   
Artoo02

quote:

ORIGINAL: SouthMouth

Unfortunately, i deleted my iPhone app because i thought like i had done months before, that it was a small hitch and that as i have already purchased it, that it would upload again with some new reviews. To my horror, i found out now that it has been taken off the Apple store because of major problems. I know the iPhone app has had problems and will take forever to fix so it updates properly again but I did pay a lot of money for it and although I would like new reviews, the good thing I like about the app is the huge catalogue of past reviews that I like to read. Is it possible to just make it available for all people who have purchased it so we can at least access it again in case we have panicked like I have and deleted it without knowing we couldn't get it back? I think considering what we paid for it, that is only fair.

Maybe a long shot and it might be a silly question, but have you checked the app isn't still in your iTunes library? If not, do you have a backup of your iTunes library that is older than when you deleted it?

If you bought the app via the phone and synced it to your computer afterwards, it should have been copied to your computer, even if you deleted it from the phone.

"Let us go forth together in search of the treasure of Lapis Lazuli! Have no fear. Space is deformed on the night of the new moon."
----
"Star Wars is Forever, Roger. And you can Suck it."

(in reply to SouthMouth)
Post #: 15
RE: iPhone App - 19/3/2012 12:59:29 AM   
SouthMouth

I'm a little bit embarrassed that I didn't know to do that! Thank you for helping me out on that one! All is good again!

(in reply to Artoo02)
Post #: 16
RE: iPhone App - 19/3/2012 11:40:21 AM   
giallomovie

Please get the App back to the store, it worked fine lately and I completely lost it when I changed my phone and my computer! I used to love this App, constant reference to who directed what and when and all! Just make a small effort to fix a silly bug that doesn't update after a certain number of updates took place and get it back to the store! Come on!

(in reply to SouthMouth)
Post #: 17
RE: iPhone App - 1/4/2012 9:14:22 PM   
Burry83

I hadn't realised it had been removed and as with others had deleted it thinking I could re-download. What's the story is it going to be back on the store soon?

(in reply to giallomovie)
Post #: 18
RE: iPhone App - 28/5/2012 12:19:10 PM   
Jack_Schitt

I've had the app for a good while now (iPhone); kept it as suggested above.
Its working again for me - right up to date.

I really hope they get it sorted out and back into the app store.

C'mon 'not very good at apps' Empire guys! It still is the best
movie guide out there, even if not working it's fun to spend some
time just browsing the years and genres etc. Great reviews with nice
depth and insight.

PLEASE bring it back / fix it: it's superb! Cheers.

(in reply to Burry83)
Post #: 19
RE: iPhone App - 29/5/2012 3:53:03 PM   
giallomovie

Bring it back already! I'm sure the fix is just some silly update that takes a few minutes to do!

(in reply to Jack_Schitt)
Post #: 20
RE: iPhone App - 26/11/2012 11:03:02 PM   
Jack_Schitt

Couldn't help but check back.

Well, mine is still working. Actually it's working better than it ever has, for me. Maybe the problem was their side.
Havn't reinstalled it in about seven months now!

Anyone else still missing this superb app?!?

(in reply to blindfold)
Post #: 21
RE: iPhone App - 25/10/2013 5:08:53 AM   
thetermonkao

That's so great iPhone app at www.iphone-mac.com.

< Message edited by thetermonkao -- 15/11/2013 6:50:58 AM >

(in reply to Jack_Schitt)
Post #: 22
RE: iPhone App - 15/11/2013 5:43:26 AM   
ianmote

So has everyone given up on this now?!?

(in reply to thetermonkao)
Post #: 23
RE: iPhone App - 2/8/2014 7:13:42 PM   
dseys

Just wondering... does the App exist for iPhone? On the store I can only find the one for iPad...

(in reply to ianmote)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire iPad Edition >> iPhone App Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI