Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:22:39 PM   
Rgirvan44

Because Pigeon Army is being a little grump today, I decided to continue our discussion from the UFO and the Media thread.

So have at it folks. Do you think it was a cover up, and if so, why?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 1
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:25:49 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Because Pigeon Army is being a little grump today...

It's been nice knowing you.

No, there is no cover-up.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:26:14 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

No

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 3
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:27:14 PM   
Rgirvan44

In case you are wondering, I don't either, but one or two felt there were still to be questions to be answered, etc...

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 4
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:27:34 PM   
Pigeon Army

Get a load of the dead man walking at the top of the page.

No, there was no goddamn coverup.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

Post #: 5
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:30:57 PM   
superdan

No, obviously. Despite there having been aircraft collisions with skyscrapers in the past, there was no precedent for how an immensely tall (110-floor) building would react when directly and deliberately flown into by a speeding airliner laden with jet fuel. The fact that some find it hard to accept that the Twin Towers would collapse under such circumstances is more confusing to me than the fact that they did.

< Message edited by superdan -- 26/7/2011 1:31:25 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:32:21 PM   
Titanm21

I thought we had agreed someone's mam in a UFO did 9/11?

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 7
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:32:45 PM   
great_badir

I think aliens did it

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 8
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:36:32 PM   
Spaldron

Transplanted from the other thread

Rgirvan44 I've read those popular mechanics articles and that's one side of the argument. The point is they don't mention the fact that the steel didn't just bend, it actually melted, there is video and eyewitness evidence to prove it. The claim about how the office furniture and combustible materials contributed the most to the fire, you do know that most modern buildings for a long time have had to comply to fire safety and have fireproof material in the premises?

Not mentioning as I did above the hundreds if not thousands of high rise office/building fires (some burning for days) which have never resulted in total collapse. Partial collapse maybe but 110 storeys coming down because of burning curtains?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 9
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:36:53 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

quote:

quote:

quote:

Spaldron,

No building the size of the twin towers has ever been hit by a massvie plane pelting into it at full speed. This is the only time that it has happened. And anyways - what difference would it have made had the towers not fallen? Thousands were still killed.  

Please show me a peer reviewed journal that says that burning jet fuel cannot reach the kind of temperatures required to melt fire proof steel. Please.

A USAF (I think) hit the Empire State in the 30's and that sucker had bombs on  to be fair it didn't explode like

As I recall that was a pretty small plane and not a commerical airliner going at full speed.

Na mate it was a B25 Mitchelle. Canny size like...

http://history1900s.about.com/od/1940s/a/empirecrash.htm

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 10
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:37:10 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

I think aliens did it

BULLSHIT!

It was Crab People and you know it!

Post #: 11
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:38:00 PM   
Deviation

It was the Jews. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

Post #: 12
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:38:42 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

I think aliens did it

It was. Specifically giant space lizards. David Icke says so - probably.

< Message edited by Scruffybobby -- 26/7/2011 1:39:00 PM >

Post #: 13
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:39:36 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Spaldron,

No building the size of the twin towers has ever been hit by a massvie plane pelting into it at full speed. This is the only time that it has happened. And anyways - what difference would it have made had the towers not fallen? Thousands were still killed.  

Please show me a peer reviewed journal that says that burning jet fuel cannot reach the kind of temperatures required to melt fire proof steel. Please.

A USAF (I think) hit the Empire State in the 30's and that sucker had bombs on  to be fair it didn't explode like

As I recall that was a pretty small plane and not a commerical airliner going at full speed.

Yeah, and in the article it states that the part of the plane was embedded into the side of the building suggesting the speed at which it hit was nowhere near that of the planes which stuck on 9/11

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 14
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:42:19 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Transplanted from the other thread

Rgirvan44 I've read those popular mechanics articles and that's one side of the argument. The point is they don't mention the fact that the steel didn't just bend, it actually melted, there is video and eyewitness evidence to prove it. The claim about how the office furniture and combustible materials contributed the most to the fire, you do know that most modern buildings for a long time have had to comply to fire safety and have fireproof material in the premises?

Not mentioning as I did above the hundreds if not thousands of high rise office/building fires (some burning for days) which have never resulted in total collapse. Partial collapse maybe but 110 storeys coming down because of burning curtains?

But how many of those were hit by a massive bugger of a plane?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 15
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:44:55 PM   
Spaldron

Also how did the hijackers manage to hit the buildings so accurately considering they had only a few weeks flight simulation? Do you know how hard it is to steer a passenger airliner, let alone fly it across several states and into a building only a few hundred feet wide at full speed? It would be like shooting a blade of grass with a bow and arrow from 100 feet away.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 16
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:47:06 PM   
Woger

I've broswed through forums covering september 11th conspiracies; I don't normally use the r word but for these people it's apt.
Every nonsense conceivable has been put forward but with all the shit being thrown against the wallno one can come up with a cohesive over all basic premise. So were the hijackers in on it, were they allowed to do it, were the plaes remote contolled, were the planes really missile disguised by holograms, was there explosives or super thermite planted in the buildings
Nonsense the lot of it. The type of people who belive this are the people who once they hear of a tragedy their mind springs to conspiracy concocting some all powerful group in the world that's out to get people. It's the ultimate cop out. I gurantee there a conspiracy theory doing the rounds for the tragedy in Norway right now.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 17
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:47:24 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Spaldron,

Yeah, and in the article it states that the part of the plane was embedded into the side of the building suggesting the speed at which it hit was nowhere near that of the planes which stuck on 9/11

I know, I'm just stating it wasn't a "Pretty small plane" as you put it.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 18
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:47:51 PM   
Rgirvan44

Was it across other states? The New York ones were from Newark - which isn't very far away at all.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 19
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:48:42 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Spaldron,

I know, I'm just stating it wasn't a "Pretty small plane" as you put it.

Ah right, fair do's!

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 20
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:48:45 PM   
Woger

quote:

Also how did the hijackers manage to hit the buildings so accurately considering they had only a few weeks flight simulation? Do you know how hard it is to steer a passenger airliner, let alone fly it across several states and into a building only a few hundred feet wide at full speed? It would be like shooting a blade of grass with a bow and arrow from 100 feet away.

So someone put themselves forward to fly the planes for team Bush?

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 21
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:49:56 PM   
superdan

Aren't B-25's one of those planes that was wood and canvas as much as metal? Probably weigh a bit less and don't go as fast, especially when flying through thick fog over a city like when that ESB accident happened.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 22
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:50:34 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

I've broswed through forums covering september 11th conspiracies; I don't normally use the r word but for these people it's apt.

Raffle?

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 23
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:51:17 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

It was the Jews. 

Oh hai Mel Gibson.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 24
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:51:44 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Aren't B-25's one of those planes that was wood and canvas as much as metal? Probably weigh a bit less and don't go as fast, especially when flying through thick fog over a city like when that ESB accident happened.

Oh yeah totally. I've never said it was the same as 757's, its just a convo me and Rg was having in the UFO thread is all.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 25
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:51:47 PM   
matty_b

I don't think it was a cover up, but I do find it odd how all the safety and security systems regarding airspace and flight regulations failed so catastrophically on the day of the event - especially how the second plane got through to hit the other tower.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 26
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:52:36 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

Was it across other states? The New York ones were from Newark - which isn't very far away at all.

States in the east coast are tiny and clustered but the distance was big enough that you couldn't actually look out the window and see the towers.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 27
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:53:30 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

States in the east coast are tiny and clustered but the distance was big enough that you couldn't actually look out the window and see the towers.

Having been to Newark airport I can actully confirm that you can see the New York skyline in the distance.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 28
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:53:51 PM   
sharkboy

To avoid the wrath of my antipodean colleague...

quote:

Burning jet fuel cannot reach the kind of temperatures required to melt fire proof steel. Look at the thousands of high rise fires around the world and how many of them have collapsed as a result of fire damage?

I don't know; how many of them have had almost fully-laden jet airliners plough into them?  How many were full of aviation fuel at the time?  

The fire didn't have to melt steel, it just had to weaken its structural integrity to such a degree that the several thousand tons of building above it caused it to collapse.  Which has been proved again and again to be not only plausible, but inevitable given the unique structure of WTC 1 & 2.  The temperature at which aviation fuel burns will reduce the structural strength of steel by almost 90%, more than enough to cause warping.  No report says it was fire that brought the building down; rather it was a fire-induced, gravity-driven collapse.

quote:

I don't think a missile hit the building, it could have been the hijacked 757 or it could have been a military aircraft. It was definitely a plane of some sort, the troubling thing is, why hasn't the CCTV footage been released after all these years and how come the recovered engine remains don't match the supposedly hijacked plane?

Hasn't that particular theory been completely debunked by aviation experts, American Airlines and the engine manufacturers already?  The circular disc that was claimed to be small for a 757 turbofan was in fact just the exact size of a 757 jet diffuser which it also looked exactly like. Coincidence?  I think not!  CCTV footage was released following Freedom of Information requests; it was held back previously as it was evidence in an ongoing investigation. 

quote:

This is a tricky one, there are some reports it was hit by a missile strike, other reports (according to eyewitnesses) that it landed safely at Cleveland airport and was evacuated, the passengers bussed off somewhere (while apparently the plane was taken to a hangar and repainted, I'm sceptical about this). What's for sure is that the wreckage of "flight 93" was unusual for a standard crash as there wasn't much of it at all, more like a small hole in the ground.

So one set of eyewitnesses are accepted because their story fits the conspiracy theory, yet those that saw the fireball and heard the screaming engines seconds before the explosion are discounted?  The plane at Cleveland turned out to be a case of mistaken identity - it was a Delta Airlines flight that was misreported by Associated Press as being United 93.  The report was withdrawn minutes later, once the error had been identified.

As for the debris field, the plane went from 500+ mph to zero.  Contrary to the beliefs of the conspiracy theorists, high-speed impacts don't tend to leave much debris behind, but what was found (including the engine, that had been thrown about 300m away from the site) was from United 93.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 29
RE: Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? - 26/7/2011 1:55:07 PM   
great_badir

quote:

Didn't they actually have some proper flying lessons as well? And aren't the most difficult parts of flying a plane take-off and landing? The pros did the take-off. Obviously they weren't that worried about landing...

Also not at all like shooting a blade of grass with a bow and arrow from a hundred feet, mainly cos the Twin Towers were fucking massive in comparison to the planes and you can't control an arrow once it's left the bow.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> Do you believe that 9/11 was a cover up? Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI