Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 15/3/2012 9:16:03 PM   
Goodfella

Mario Balotelli is growing on me more and more. After watching BBC's Noel Gallagher interview, and putting aside the fact he was "interviewed" by a semi-talented mess of an inflated ego, I thought he came across very well and seems to actually be a decent character who, if anything, just doesn't understand the way the British press works. He certainly seems devoted to playing for City and I think the attempts to draw a Tevez style character out of him are going to fail. I like the lad, he may just become my favourite premiership player.

EDIT: Also took the coolest penalty in the world just now. Nuclear war wouldn't have phased him taking that.

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 15/3/2012 9:38:38 PM >

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 61
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 27/3/2012 6:10:22 PM   
juanvasquez

Just popping in to say hi.

http://t.co/aiOsnUh7

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 62
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 28/3/2012 1:21:10 AM   
Saltire

He's some boy :D

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 63
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 8/4/2012 5:57:23 PM   
directorscut

Super Mario? More like Mario is Missing.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 64
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 8/4/2012 6:03:31 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Someone will have to be the fall guy for City failing to win the league. It seems the owners don't want o be like Chelsea, so will keep Mancini. Mario will be off then.

If reports are true that Aguero is thinking of a return to Spain, Tevez finally goes, and Dzeko just isn't that good, is this as good as it will have got for City? Given how much Silva has fallen off in the second half of the season, might he prefer a league with a winter break?

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 65
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 8/4/2012 6:20:58 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Someone will have to be the fall guy for City failing to win the league. It seems the owners don't want o be like Chelsea, so will keep Mancini. Mario will be off then.

If reports are true that Aguero is thinking of a return to Spain, Tevez finally goes, and Dzeko just isn't that good, is this as good as it will have got for City? Given how much Silva has fallen off in the second half of the season, might he prefer a league with a winter break?

I hope not. Even as a Utd fan I'd prefer for Aguero and Silva to be playing for City than not be playing in the Premiership at all. They're both class acts and would be a massive loss for the Premiership if they were to leave.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 66
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 9/4/2012 10:58:54 AM   
superdan

quote:

I'm not convinced. I think there's a good chance we'll see a certain senhor Mourinho at Eastlands next season.

Edit: As for Mario, I think he'll be gone regardless of who is in charge. I couldn't believe it when the commentator said that yesterday was his fourth red card for City. He's a striker for god's sake.

< Message edited by superdan -- 9/4/2012 11:00:38 AM >

Post #: 67
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 9/4/2012 11:07:42 AM   
rick_7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

I hope not. Even as a Utd fan I'd prefer for Aguero and Silva to be playing for City than not be playing in the Premiership at all. They're both class acts and would be a massive loss for the Premiership if they were to leave.

As a United fan, I would be happy if they both left.

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

Blog: DJANGO! DUMBO! DESPICABLE ME 2! Plus: other stuff.

"Nothin's really been right since Sam the Lion died."

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 68
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 11/4/2012 2:37:44 PM   
Tafferel

I've started to go off him recently. After the Parker stamp and now the challenge on Song.
And as the interview with Gallagher proved, half the stories that made me like him in the first place aren't even true!!

(in reply to rick_7)
Post #: 69
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 11/4/2012 6:19:33 PM   
Olaf

I still haven't watched the interview, mainly as it basically debunks all the best Mario stories like you mention (apparently the John Lewis one is true though, which makes me happy). Any appreciation I have for him would have been completely evaporated if he broke Song's leg pretty much, though I must thank him for his bizarre performance helping to contribute to our win at the weekend. Strange nonetheless that the media have contrived to find him responsible for City's season collapsing, surely Mancini's increasingly incompetent man-management tactics are where the real problem is ('I don't trust Mario'/play Mario two days later, etc).

< Message edited by Olaf -- 11/4/2012 6:20:14 PM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Tafferel)
Post #: 70
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 30/5/2012 4:24:13 PM   
Olaf

bumping for Mario taking on social issues in his own inimitable fashion: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/30/euro-2012-mario-balotelli-italy

quote:

The Italy and Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has threatened to kill anyone who throws a banana at him in the street or on the pitch during the Euro 2012 finals in Poland and Ukraine.

His comments come a day after Sol Campbell, speaking on Panorama, told England fans not to travel to the competition because they could "end up coming back in a coffin".

Balotelli, who is preparing with the Italian team for their Group C fixtures, said: "I will not accept racism at all. It's unacceptable. If someone throws a banana at me in the street, I will go to jail, because I will kill them."

Also:

quote:

The Italian also described himself as a genius, saying: "I think I am a genius but not a rebel. I have my life, my world, I do what I want, without annoying anyone. I believe I am more intelligent than the average person. The talent God gave me is beautiful and wonderful but it is difficult because you are always facing other people keen to judge you."

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 71
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 29/1/2013 8:23:42 PM   
ChickMagnet

Goodbye Sweet Prince

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 72
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 31/1/2013 9:51:34 AM   
Saltire

Yeah he'll be missed, but I think Milan is where he has always wanted to be, and the style of the game in Serie A will benefit him more.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 73
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 31/1/2013 10:32:55 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

Yeah he'll be missed, but I think Milan is where he has always wanted to be, and the style of the game in Serie A will benefit him more.

At his best he can absolutely tear a team apart with amazing physical presence and an eye for goal. But when his natural talent isn't working then he just loses interest and turns too easily to petulance. But he's young, we've seen players like that before, they just need to start working, which he will do if he loves the game - and I actually think he does. And I agree that Serie A will be a better place for him to develop.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 74
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 31/1/2013 10:39:49 AM   
Olaf

Hopefully we'll be able to bump this thread next year when he scores the winner in the World Cup final. Til then, farewell dear Mario.

Post #: 75
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 27/2/2013 12:15:41 PM   
Professor Moriarty

No need to wait till then. We can still follow Mario's ways (4 games, 4 goals and 3 racial incidents)... plus this http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/27/mario-balotelli-statue-himself

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 76
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 16/6/2013 9:47:30 PM   
Professor Moriarty

He's alive!!!!

Post #: 77
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 17/6/2013 1:31:07 AM   
Saltire

Don't tell me he's actually maturing!?! He was excellent last night for Italy.

Post #: 78
RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread - 17/6/2013 10:59:33 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Well, he did get booked for taking his shirt off after he scored

The Brazilians seemed to love him. He could definitely be one of the stars of WC 2014.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 79
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: the Mario Balotelli appreciation thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI