Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Walking Dead....the game

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The Walking Dead....the game Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 7/11/2012 10:30:46 PM   
sharkboy

Yeah, Doug was zombie food here too And there was no way Lilly was being forgiven for pulling that stunt- I had hopes for Carley!

Ep 4 is all done now - what a bloody twist that was at the end! Fuck me, that felt like I'd been punched in the gut.

Anyone know what date Ep 5 is released? Not that I want this to end, but I'm finding that I'm looking forward to the next ep of the game more than the next ep of the show! So chuffed we're getting Season 2 now.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 121
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 8/11/2012 5:34:11 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy
Anyone know what date Ep 5 is released?

The retail version is out 4th December so it is expected that the 5th and final episode will be out just before that

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 122
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 8/11/2012 12:06:30 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Just a quick question, did everyone save Carley on their first playthrough?

Yeah. She gots a gun.

Yeeeeeeah, that's not why I saved her.

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Ep 4 is all done now - what a bloody twist that was at the end! Fuck me, that felt like I'd been punched in the gut.

Anyone know what date Ep 5 is released? Not that I want this to end, but I'm finding that I'm looking forward to the next ep of the game more than the next ep of the show! So chuffed we're getting Season 2 now.

I should really go back and finish Ep4. I was just so annoyed when my save got wiped that I haven't been back to it. I want to try and make all the same choices I did first time around.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

The retail version is out 4th December so it is expected that the 5th and final episode will be out just before that

I'm going to try and get all my mates to buy it. Although for some of them this type of game is their worst nightmare.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 123
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 8/11/2012 12:29:55 PM   
CORLEONE

I really wish I could invert the Y axis

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 124
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 15/11/2012 5:03:08 PM   
sharkboy

And we've got a release date for episode 5 - Wednesday 21st November! Guess I know what I'll be doing next Wednesday evening

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 125
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 17/11/2012 7:17:36 PM   
bub

Yay! Kind of sad it's coming to an end though

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 126
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 21/11/2012 10:56:39 PM   
jcthefirst

Episode 5 out today. Downloaded it, haven't played it yet, as I had to finish episode 4. Which I've just done.

Kenny didn't come with me to find Clem. The bastard.

Anyway, I'll be avoiding this thread until I finish the final episode.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 127
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 22/11/2012 9:10:39 PM   
jcthefirst

Episode 5 done.

Utterly superb. I couldn't see some of the choices I had to make through the tears.

I'm now off to tell my friends and family that I love them all.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 128
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 22/11/2012 10:15:49 PM   
bub

episode 5 completed... I need a hug I've never gotten so emotionally attached to computer game characters before.

Honestly have to say this is one of the best games I've ever played.The script and voice acting has been superb throughout which is still a rarity in games today.

SPOILERS

The guy who took Clementine was incredibly creepy in a normal sort of way, I took all his stuff from the car at the end of episode 2. What's his reason for taking Clem if you left all his stuff? The ending was incredibly moving.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 129
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 22/11/2012 11:07:18 PM   
jcthefirst

MASSIVE SPOILERS

The moment I started losing it was when Clem was helping a limping, dying Lee along the counter. And after that, I welled up at everything Clem said.

Game of the year, no question.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 130
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 22/11/2012 11:08:05 PM   
jcthefirst

MASSIVE SPOILERS

quote:

The moment I started losing it was when Clem was helping a limping, dying Lee along the counter. And after that, I welled up at everything Clem said.

Game of the year, no question.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 131
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 22/11/2012 11:38:29 PM   
Rhubarb

Yeah that was something else.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 132
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 23/11/2012 9:23:49 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: bub

episode 5 completed... I need a hug I've never gotten so emotionally attached to computer game characters before.

Honestly have to say this is one of the best games I've ever played.The script and voice acting has been superb throughout which is still a rarity in games today.

SPOILERS

The guy who took Clementine was incredibly creepy in a normal sort of way, I took all his stuff from the car at the end of episode 2. What's his reason for taking Clem if you left all his stuff? The ending was incredibly moving.

Couldn't agree more. Can't remember the last time a game put me through the emotional ringer the way this one did - you'd probably have to go all the way back to FF7, and even then, this is worse. I feel drained now. If this isn't a contender for GOTY, there's just no justice.

Wonder what the post-credit epilogue was all about? I know they're doing Season 2 of the game, I wonder if it will tie in?

In answer to your question (SPOILERS FOLLOW) I took the alternative route in Ep 2. No difference - guilt by association. He wasn't too impressed with how you've looked after your comrades either!

WWLD?

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 133
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 24/11/2012 9:28:10 PM   
jcthefirst

So, SPOILERSdid y'all go for the arm chop or not?END SPOILERS

I didn't, then instantly regretted. How much different was the game if you did? I presume you couldn't jump from the bell tower at the start if you did.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 134
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 26/11/2012 12:36:34 PM   
ongbakdan

SPOILLLLEEEEEERRRRSSS Throughout dont read on!

I did the arm cutting and it was brutal for one, (being about 5 mins into the game!). And did lead to a lot of questions about did it work/losing blood etc... But other than that I think it played out the same.

I liked the conversation with the creepy guy on the arm chairs - it sort of re-capped all of your specific choices in the game. Very clever stuff and although the outcomes may not be that different, certainly made it feel like it was your own story.

Excellent stuff and highly reccomend it - £11.99 on the steam sale at the moment for all 5 episodes.

How far would you go to get your answers? What would you be willing to do?

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 135
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 26/11/2012 1:13:30 PM   
jcthefirst

I really want to get the super cool limited edition retail version.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to ongbakdan)
Post #: 136
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 26/11/2012 2:13:28 PM   
borstal

OK Ive just downloaded episode 3 and have a question. Does the game offer good replay value (as Im hoping) in that early choices affect the ending (s)?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 137
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 26/11/2012 3:46:08 PM   
Rhubarb

I haven't played through twice, but I am intrigued to see how some of the other choices play out, though I suspect they're more superficial than I hope.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 138
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 26/11/2012 3:54:48 PM   
jcthefirst

Yeah, I'd agree with Rhubarb. None of the decisions made will likely affect the ending too much. And I doubt there's much replay value outside of saving different characters.

A one play only game, but what a game. As I said in my review "Once again, the choices you make donít really affect the outcome of the game much (all players will play more or less the same game) but what they do affect is your own soul."

I'm a dramatic bastard.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 139
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 27/11/2012 10:48:12 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

Yeah, I'd agree with Rhubarb. None of the decisions made will likely affect the ending too much. And I doubt there's much replay value outside of saving different characters.

A one play only game, but what a game. As I said in my review "Once again, the choices you make don't really affect the outcome of the game much (all players will play more or less the same game) but what they do affect is your own soul."

I'm a dramatic bastard.

Dramatic, maybe, but it's a fair enough assessment   The ending is pretty much inevitable regardless of your in-game choices (except for the final choice that Clem has to make), but it's what you have had to do to get there that gives this game its emotional impact, and what an impact that is.

WWLD?

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 140
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 27/11/2012 12:10:49 PM   
jcthefirst

Shit, I totally forgot about the gut punch of seeing Clem's parents. I mean, I reckon we all assumed that that would happen, but...oh, poor Clem.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 141
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 8/12/2012 8:01:05 PM   
James2183

When does this arrive as a full package on the 360?

Nevermind. I've gone and bought Episode 1

< Message edited by James2183 -- 8/12/2012 8:41:38 PM >

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 142
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 26/12/2012 4:02:09 PM   
the anomaly

Walking Dead Episode 1 is free and the whole set is on sale on XBLA 28th December

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/12/25/the-walking-dead-the-game-episode-1-free-on-xbla-now

EPISODE 1 - SPOILERS

Wow. Cracking story so far. I've decided to be quite open about my actions ... though I don't even know what I've done. Did Lee do it? I'm guessing it was an accident. EDIT: - 63% of players were honest along with me. A bit surprised but I thought lying would just make thing's worse. My actions would speak for me instead of my past.

The garden / house

The attack was awesome. Taking that zombie down in front of the poor little girl was grim!

The barn

Ended up at the barn. Saved the child. I didn't think you'd have time to save them both. The thing was I knew at that point it would be the choice of the farm OR the road. I didn't want to stay at the farm. The horrible thing is that entered my mind! EDIT: - 49% of players saved the guy rather than the kid. Interesting. I went for the kid first as well it's a child! Survival instinct would lean towards saving the guy as he would probably be more useful. But gut feeling the kid was first.

The Pharmacy

Shit hit the fan here! Then ground to a halt. Can't find the key at the moment. I turned the hints off as I didn't want the screen to be obstructed. I sided with the family I came with and he tried to knock the angry dad out. Only as just at that moment a notification popped up so I couldn't see the option at the bottom. Things have settled but I'm sure they will be a problem once my secrets spill out.

EDIT - 51% of players along with me sided with Larry. I didn't mean to get Kenny punched though. That came back to bite me latter.

The motel

Yeah I gave Irene the gun. What other option was there? She had been bitten and she asked to die. My experience of Zombie outbreaks tells me it was all over for her.Although I'm just thinking ... did someone in the show survive a bite? ... Ahhhh ... shit ... OK ... maybe I'll redo this.

The Pharmacy finale

I saved Doug rather than Carley. Along with 23% of players. CARLEY HAD A GUN! The zombie only had her foot. Doug was pinned to the wall. It looked like he needed my help more. My cold blooded survival instinct would have been to save Carley as she was a brilliant shot.

Quite a powerful story right now! I'll definitely be picking up the whole thing.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 28/12/2012 2:33:03 PM >

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 143
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 28/12/2012 12:40:27 PM   
SwozTheRevenge

Played Ep1 last night, absolutely stunning, LOVED it.
Nabbed Eps 2-5 for 200pts each just now. Got some time off next week and can't wait to plough through them!

*EDIT* There's no way I'm reading through this thread! I genuinely hope Lee and Clem are in each Episode of this, it's daft but what a great bond between them. After each major scene I found myself rushing over to her just to check up on her haha.

< Message edited by SwozTheRevenge -- 28/12/2012 12:58:43 PM >

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 144
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 28/12/2012 2:33:51 PM   
the anomaly

EPISODE 2 - SPOILERS

(in reply to SwozTheRevenge)
Post #: 145
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 29/12/2012 9:55:26 AM   
James2183

Like Swoz, I'm not going to read through this thread until I've completed all the episodes.

Needless to say however, almost done with Episode 3. Shit doth hit the fan, yo!

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 146
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 29/12/2012 1:24:37 PM   
SwozTheRevenge

Doing one Ep per night, got 3 tonight...!

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 147
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 29/12/2012 1:55:54 PM   
losthighway

Does anyone know if this will be coming to disc or download card as a complete season in 2013??

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to SwozTheRevenge)
Post #: 148
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 29/12/2012 8:57:24 PM   
Chojin

Just played Ep1 for free - can't believe I missed the sale! After playing the first episode I would have snapped the others up at 200MSP each.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 149
RE: The Walking Dead....the game - 30/12/2012 2:14:34 PM   
SwozTheRevenge

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

Does anyone know if this will be coming to disc or download card as a complete season in 2013??

Only announced for PS3 on disc I believe.

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The Walking Dead....the game Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI