Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: RE: Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE: - 27/7/2011 1:24:09 PM   
captainrentboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: brucejackiejet

Second thing - were we really supposed to buy that Jason Sudekis was some kind of ladies man? Really? Again, while I can accept the basic premise of the film this was asking to suspend my disbelief just a tad too much.

Other than that it was ok, more smile inducing then anything resembling an actual laugh.

This, 1000 times over.
I thought that Sudekis guy was largely terrible, and he kept pulling prolonged reactionary faces, when certain situations arose, like he was acting on something like Friends. It was odd.
And yeah his gigantic potato head didn't leave him as a particularly believable ladies man either.

I thought the film was pretty poor overall. Again as Brucejackiejet said, it was more of a smiler than continuously getting the big laughs.
Farrell was the best thing in it, and he had what? 3 minutes of screentime?
2/5

(in reply to brucejackiejet)
Post #: 31
RE: RE: - 27/7/2011 3:52:22 PM   
st3veebee

PRO CON TIME:

PROS:

-Farrell is suitably tool-ish and easily the best of the 3 bosses.

-Jason Bateman, while the same as always, is likable and has some decent lines.

-Jamie Fox is without a doubt the best thing in the film stealing all scenes he shows up in.

-The cats are funny

CONS:

-Anniston is painfully miscast. The whole premise of her character is made void due to her attractiveness.

-Sudekis is not a leading man. He is a forgettable SNL performer with no distinctive personality or comedic skills.

-Charlie Day has a very very very annoying voice.

-Not enough Farrell or Fox.

-Most importantly: not enough laughs

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to captainrentboy)
Post #: 32
pleasantly surprised - 27/7/2011 11:19:51 PM   
Swedle

saw the title: was put off, saw jenifer aniston: was even more put off, saw harry potter 3 times: definately needed to see something else... and guess what,, i enjoyed it! probably because i expected it to be the usual mildy-amusing-fart-joke-male-comedy, with all the funny moments stuffed into the trailer, but i was really surprised! thoroughy childish, often cringingly horrible, but very, very funny, if you want a leave-your-brain-at-home kind of film.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 33
bore off empire - 28/7/2011 7:26:49 PM   
tysmuse

This is the best comedy in ages. I laughed so much.

Post #: 34
RE: bore off empire - 29/7/2011 10:31:59 PM   
durelius

I thought this was great, although I would have liked more of the bosses, they dam near showed the whole of their performances in the trailers, stop doing that please, leave something for us to enjoy and be surprised at. not quite getting the comments regards Jen being attractive makes her character null and void, the guy she is pursuing is very happy in the relationship he is in he's looking forward to getting married to her, why would he throw away that happiness by sleeping with his hot horny boss it would ruin his life as it is, he's not that shallow.

I'm not going to nuke the dog!

(in reply to tysmuse)
Post #: 35
Horrible Bosses: Review - 17/8/2011 12:47:09 AM   
Edward9630

Horrible Bosses is an alright film. It definitely funny parts in the film and the cast did a great performance for their characters. The problems with this film is alot of the scenes were they try to be funny really isnt funny at all and some of the things they try to do to be funny they could of done it in a better way then the way they did. Its not the worst comedy film ive ever seen but its not the best. I would recommend this film to be a rental.

Post #: 36
RE: Horrible Bosses: Review - 19/8/2011 12:00:07 PM   
szoni

I quite agree with Helen. Mostly it wasn't humorous. Dialogues are average or below, there are no well-constructed,compound jokes. Actually comedies get worse and worse, mainly these types of comedies are based on the free-spoken characters, jokes derive from that characters dare to say exactly, without pondering what they think or what feel unfair. It's too wore how mates react to sex-hungry female boss.

"Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one"

(in reply to Edward9630)
Post #: 37
2 stars no way! - 24/8/2011 2:26:40 PM   
Empo

This film was hillarious! The packed cinema seemed to aggree too! Empire you dnt no wat ur talking about!

Post #: 38
2 stars no way! - 24/8/2011 2:26:41 PM   
Empo

This film was hillarious! The packed cinema seemed to aggree too! Empire you dnt no wat ur talking about!

Post #: 39
2 stars? - 25/8/2011 5:24:10 PM   
billycostiganjr

I enjoyed this film, which is a wonder as comedies lately haven't exactly been my thing. There was a packed cinema and pretty much everyone enjoyed it, as there were plenty of laughs throughout the majority of the film.

Although I'm not exactly a major fan of any of the actors, I think they made the situations (not exactly realistic) but incredibly funny. And I've seen some reviews of people being less than impressed with Charlie Day's character, but I for one found him charming, in a dorky way. Perhaps I just have a strange sense of humour, but I found him amusing enough.

Really, it's an easy watch, and something I'd definitely see again. And my boyfriend, who begrudgingly came with me to see Bridesmaids, would agree that this film was highly more funny, and probably not as over-rated as the gross-out comedy.

< Message edited by billycostiganjr -- 25/8/2011 5:25:03 PM >

(in reply to gavc1978)
Post #: 40
RE: 2 stars? - 25/8/2011 6:40:09 PM   
thetruth

It was decent.Anniston was annoying for me(but  hot!).
Not enough Farrell,too much Spacey.
3stars.

Without love we are dead

Protect children from vile and obscene videos

(in reply to billycostiganjr)
Post #: 41
RE: 2 stars? - 27/11/2011 5:18:55 PM   
Goodfella

This was really good, a highly enjoyable comedy with a simple concept but works on every level due to an entertaining script and some good, albeit-very Hollywood, acting. It's easy to see how they got the cast list together for this.

4/5

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 42
RE: 2 stars? - 28/11/2011 12:33:22 PM   
ongbakdan

Not for me - I found some parts of it funny but not really and laugh out loud moments. Worth watching just for Kevin Spacy, Colin Farrel and Jenifer Aniston clearly having a good time with their characters.

How far would you go to get your answers? What would you be willing to do?

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 43
NOT GREAT, NOT BAD....... - 4/12/2011 12:58:31 PM   
chrisdagnall

NO LAUGH-OUT LOUD MOMENTS, JUST MILDLY AMUSING..

Post #: 44
"I'd like to bend her over a barrel and show her t... - 14/12/2011 5:00:47 PM   
Turd Ferguson

Totally ridiculous and utterly hilarious! I didn't know Jennifer Anniston had it in her, quite honestly. A 2-star rating here is a crime.

Post #: 45
Overrated much? - 24/1/2012 2:45:50 PM   
asda24995

I was disappointed at this movie, it had potential, I laughed here, but overall pretty bad. Shame really, I thought it would be hilarious.

Post #: 46
Funny Horrible Bosses - 23/2/2012 11:03:43 PM   
lynnshep

Funny, dirty, surprising. Farrell is awesome. Great one liners.

Post #: 47
Funny Horrible Bosses - 23/2/2012 11:03:44 PM   
lynnshep

Funny, dirty, surprising. Farrell is awesome. Great one liners.

Post #: 48
- 11/4/2012 11:08:27 PM   
baileyp

it was gooood

Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: RE: Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI