Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Off Topic Photo Competition - Round 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Off Topic Photo Competition - Round 2 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition - Round 2 - 8/8/2011 5:25:46 PM   
Mojo

I'm going to go for Chief Wiggum, I think the colours are striking and the lone star against the sky is a great image. A lot of good entries!

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to swordsandsandals)
Post #: 31
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition - Round 2 - 8/8/2011 5:30:34 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Stand out one for me is Mojo's so vote goes there with Jonsons' a close second

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 32
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition - Round 2 - 13/8/2011 11:03:26 AM   
Chief Wiggum

Ah Crap! I forgot about this and didn't bump it.

Thanks for all the entries - certainly better than the first round - and a much higher quality.

In terms of Larry of Arabia's Q - I tot up the totals for first nominations for the outright winner,(my method is to tally up votes on a bit of paper rather than any fance Excel usage) then give any 2nd or 3rd places a bonus point each. If enough people vote I reckon that this would mean that a well liked second place nomination could end up with more points in a round than the first place.

Anyway voting closed last night and as far as I can make out they come out like this....

Sharkboy...1 vote (+1 bonus point)
Yours Truly... 4 votes (0 BP)
Sanchia... (1 BP)
Johnson... 1 vote (1BP)
HobbitonLass... (1 BP)
Mojo ...1 vote (0 BP)

Now there is the matter of the bonus round with 10 pts on offer for the song with the most awards according to Wikipedia. if anybody wants to claim this then post your song and the amount of awards and I'll factor it in to the totals ASAP.

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 33
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition - Round 2 - 13/8/2011 11:40:46 AM   
gazpop

Oh my oh my. People people people. I thought it was an open and shut case. I implore you all to go back into page 1 and take another goosey at Mojo's picture. It's about as good as it's ever gonna get. I can only surmise that it was so good, you all discarded it as being tooooo good and voted elsewhere.
Having said that, Sanchia is clearly runner up with his Country Road. No offence Chief Wiggum, it's a nice shot and all, and I know you must have countless others as good as the one Mojo took, but for this competition I don't believe the thread can be taken seriously if y'all don't award the round's pts to Mojo. It's only a picture I know; but if you're gonna play, you may as well play properly. Seriously. It ticks every box, and then has the best music title connection to boot.
Right (stepping off soapbox), I've said my piece. Oh, and Sharkboy was 3rd!! All 3 were great.....

< Message edited by gazpop -- 13/8/2011 11:47:03 AM >

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 34
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition - Round 2 - 15/8/2011 9:14:02 AM   
Mojo

I think I got two votes! I don't fully understand the voting points system, why did everybody get a bonus point apart from me?

Wow Gazpop, you really like that photo, thanks for the kind words!

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 35
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition - Round 2 - 15/8/2011 1:09:17 PM   
Chief Wiggum

bugger, you're right Mojo - adding up skills failed hard there

the Bonus points are for 2nd and third nominations - so if, like my photo, people only voted for your photo to win no bonus points are awarded.. it's not a perfect system, but otherwise it means spreadsheets and all that Jazz.

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 36
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition - Round 2 - 15/8/2011 6:26:54 PM   
DJ Satan

I thought that we were only voting for our favourites. I just quoted a second place as it was close and the verbal recommendation should be reward enough.

I'm not sure of the big bonus points thing. Ten points for picking a song is worth more than most of the votes put together.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 37
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition - Round 2 - 15/8/2011 6:31:44 PM   
Mojo

I didn't even name a second choice, wasn't aware that we were supposed to. It's all very confundling!

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Off Topic Photo Competition - Round 2 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI