Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The iPad

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> RE: The iPad Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The iPad - 18/4/2012 6:50:41 PM   
mightybeansprout

Ah Cheers YFU a much better set up for this, that was drivin me mad!

Xbox Live Gamertag: Smartian rt

You see Doughal, these cows are small, those cows are far away. Small, far away.........

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 61
RE: The iPad - 25/4/2012 9:24:21 AM   
Super Hans

Despite my cynicisms, I've decided to buy my wife an iPad for her birthday in July, but just wanted to get some opinions re. the memory options.

Now, based on the fact that I'm fairly certain my wife has never filled her 8gb iPod, I'm thinking that the 16gb version should be fine for her, as I'm pretty sure she's more likely to use it for browsing and apps. Is that realistic thinking? One of my mates has a 16gb and made the point that even if you shell out for the 64gb version, you'll always want more.

I know a guy at work who bought a 32gb one last month and was pointing out that he's already filled 10gb since then - however, I did notice he had a shedload of games on there, including a number of memory hungry FPS and racing games which I don't really see the point of on a machine like that! With a sensible mix of music, apps, games and the odd magazine, will 16gb be enough?

< Message edited by Super Hans -- 25/4/2012 5:33:57 PM >

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to mightybeansprout)
Post #: 62
RE: The iPad - 6/5/2012 10:17:23 PM   
steffols

I have a problem with my iPod touch which I was hoping Apple boffins could help me with?

After wirelessly syncing for the first time, all the cover art for songs and albums I've downloaded onto my Touch has disappeared. It still shows up on iTunes but there's nothing on my iPod. Anyone know what's gone wrong?

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 63
RE: The iPad - 7/5/2012 12:15:05 AM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

I have a problem with my iPod touch which I was hoping Apple boffins could help me with?

After wirelessly syncing for the first time, all the cover art for songs and albums I've downloaded onto my Touch has disappeared. It still shows up on iTunes but there's nothing on my iPod. Anyone know what's gone wrong?

Yep. Apple being the incompetent tits that they are somehow screwed this feature up in the 5.0 update.

You'll have to manually link all your artwork for each album on the ipod yourself. ipod>music> (select all tracks from album) > right click > Get Info > Artwork.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 64
RE: The iPad - 7/5/2012 10:37:25 AM   
gingerdaniel

quote:

When your ipod's connected, head to the music tab on the ipod and check 'include artwork'.

I noticed you said it's still on itunes but not on the ipod.

Also, if any artwork is missing from itunes, you can just hit Tools > Get Album Artwork and it should do the whole library

Do you run? Check THIS out

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 65
RE: The iPad - 11/5/2012 3:49:40 PM   
Gazdance

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

Despite my cynicisms, I've decided to buy my wife an iPad for her birthday in July, but just wanted to get some opinions re. the memory options.

Now, based on the fact that I'm fairly certain my wife has never filled her 8gb iPod, I'm thinking that the 16gb version should be fine for her, as I'm pretty sure she's more likely to use it for browsing and apps. Is that realistic thinking? One of my mates has a 16gb and made the point that even if you shell out for the 64gb version, you'll always want more.

I know a guy at work who bought a 32gb one last month and was pointing out that he's already filled 10gb since then - however, I did notice he had a shedload of games on there, including a number of memory hungry FPS and racing games which I don't really see the point of on a machine like that! With a sensible mix of music, apps, games and the odd magazine, will 16gb be enough?

16gb should be fine.

Unless your missus or yourself are the type to want to carry everything you ever download around on the device 'just in case' then 16gb is enough. Apps, music and videos can all be removed to make room for more/newer stuff as and when, plus apps can be deleted and reinstalled at no extra cost if you suddenly realise you deleted something to make room but would quite like to have it back.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 66
RE: The iPad - 15/5/2012 1:28:29 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gazdance

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

16gb should be fine.

Unless your missus or yourself are the type to want to carry everything you ever download around on the device 'just in case' then 16gb is enough. Apps, music and videos can all be removed to make room for more/newer stuff as and when, plus apps can be deleted and reinstalled at no extra cost if you suddenly realise you deleted something to make room but would quite like to have it back.

Cheers!  I definitely don't think my wife would be one to pack it full of everything she owns, so I guess 16gb is plenty.  I think a lot of people try and convince you that you need at least 32gb, but then again my wife is highly unlikely to be filling it with massive games like Fifa and stuff.

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Gazdance)
Post #: 67
RE: The iPad - 18/5/2012 11:55:23 AM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerdaniel

quote:

When your ipod's connected, head to the music tab on the ipod and check 'include artwork'.

I noticed you said it's still on itunes but not on the ipod.

Also, if any artwork is missing from itunes, you can just hit Tools > Get Album Artwork and it should do the whole library

I don't have an 'include artwork' box in the music tab.

I'm just syncing my iPod again. Maybe it was a problem with the wireless sync. I did notice it was a lot slower and seemed to be doubling up songs.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,

(in reply to gingerdaniel)
Post #: 68
RE: The iPad - 18/5/2012 12:17:30 PM   
steffols

I ended up just deleting all the albums without artwork from my iPod completely and resyncing them and seeing if that does the trick.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 69
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> RE: The iPad Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI