Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Spike Lee Directing Oldboy Remake?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Spike Lee Directing Oldboy Remake? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spike Lee Directing Oldboy Remake? - 6/7/2011 8:56:44 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Why - 6/7/2011 9:45:23 AM   
Wild about Wilder

No, No, No, FUCKING NOOOOOOOO!!!
Post #: 2
RE: Spike Lee Directing Oldboy Remake? - 6/7/2011 1:05:45 PM   
leetee80

I dont mind seeing a reimagining/reboot/fresh adaptation on movies and stories where there can be room for improvement.
The new Millenium trilogy along with Oldboy are new movies with already fantastically and critically aclaimed versions in place. The problem I have is why fix something thats not broke! If Oldboy had turned out to be a turkey and and moveie that was poorly represented, I could understand the remake or Americanisation of it.

What annoyed me recently was Matt Reeves with Let Me In - Let the Right One In was a top quality movie, and Mr Reeves said is a fresh adaptation. The only trouble being, the feel and alot of the scenes seemed to be transposed from original!

So making movies just to appeal to people who are not fans of 'reading subtitles' is lazy! the fact that people cannot be bothered to watch world cinema (which has a wealth of classic movies) because of narrow mindedness means the originals suffer in appreciation because (in some cases) poorly misinterpreted Americanised remakes!

Hence my earlier comment DONT FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKE!
Post #: 3
- 7/7/2011 6:23:59 PM   
DMonkey77

Don't do it, hollywood does not have the balls or skill to pull it off.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 4
RE: - 7/7/2011 10:07:17 PM   
wesleyjordan

Why do they always do this . Get some bloody original stories, please.

(in reply to DMonkey77)
Post #: 5
RE: RE: - 8/7/2011 12:04:25 AM   
Dirk Miggler

Fuck no !!!!

(in reply to wesleyjordan)
Post #: 6
RE: RE: - 8/7/2011 12:44:24 AM   
xzynomorpher

I normally don't mind remakes, but Oldboy has a special place in my heart as a film that can simply not be redone- its just too perfect!

That being said, I haven't actually read the original manga (will get to it eventually) and therefore wouldn't mind another fresh adaptation of that.

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 7
RE: RE: - 8/7/2011 5:02:06 PM   
Wild about Wilder

They'd have to cut half the stuff anyway.

(in reply to xzynomorpher)
Post #: 8
Let's not get our panties in a bunch. - 8/7/2011 10:45:30 PM   
Nicky C

I love Oldboy. Love it. But, a new adaptation of the same material might also be cool. I think we need to wait to see how Fincher's 'Girl Who...' comes out to see if this style of production will catch on. Potentially, it could be the new thing, as we've seen in the last decade with 'Reboots'.

Post #: 9
- 12/7/2011 1:04:49 PM   
Dr Yakubu

More people should just see the original, a remake whould be a piontless exercise because noone wants to see it and especially with Spike Lee directing, I just get a bad feeling about it altogether.

Post #: 10
Please keep the fuck away from remaking this film! - 12/7/2011 5:00:26 PM   
123allsystemsgo

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no noooooooooo!
Can't they think of anything original they always have to remake films because americans are too pathetic to be bothered to read subtitles! Nooooooooooooooo!

Post #: 11
RE: Please keep the fuck away from remaking this film! - 15/10/2011 3:13:07 AM   
stophollywoodreamkes

I'm boycotting this myself. I don't want to see a classic remade. I understand they want to focus more on the manga. but still it sits uneasy with me. I love Park's Oldboy and will forever. I stare at my poster of it for hours everyday. So please Mr. Lee fuck off, and go write a movie, because you're a great director and can do that. Thank you

(in reply to 123allsystemsgo)
Post #: 12
RE: Please keep the fuck away from remaking this film! - 16/10/2011 4:53:11 PM   
gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: stophollywoodreamkes

I'm boycotting this myself. I don't want to see a classic remade. I understand they want to focus more on the manga. but still it sits uneasy with me. I love Park's Oldboy and will forever. I stare at my poster of it for hours everyday. So please Mr. Lee fuck off, and go write a movie, because you're a great director and can do that. Thank you

Ripley......I'm scared

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to stophollywoodreamkes)
Post #: 13
RE: Please keep the fuck away from remaking this film! - 16/10/2011 5:09:57 PM   
Emyr Thy King

I know Newt, so am I.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 14
RE: Please keep the fuck away from remaking this film! - 16/10/2011 5:40:04 PM   
Snake-Eyes

It's a never-ending argument this one isn't it?

hello stophollywoodreamkes (great username!). I've mentioned this before elsewhere; remakes don't bother me anymore. Will the sudden (and primarily unwanted) appearance of a 'Hollywood remake' diminish your love for the original? No. Of course not. And it's pointless nutting the wall over it. The film studios are in business. Business means making MONEY. That's all that matters to them so remakes, reboots, sequels, prequels, re-imaginings. re-hashes, re-winds, re-grets(?!) will continue regardless. Fuck 'em. Stick with the films you like and if you're not keen on a new version, just stay away. Easy, Mon! My best mate keeps winding me up by asking how I would feel if there were to be a remake of a certain Sergio Leone directed Spaghetti Western that I'm a fan of; I just laugh. It'll probably happen someday. Do I care? Nah. It seems to me now, that there are THREE things in Life that are certain - Death, Taxes and Remakes.

Thank You Please.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 15
RE: Please keep the fuck away from remaking this film! - 16/10/2011 5:50:29 PM   
Piles

EDIT meh

Top 100 Moz Songs / Top 100 Films

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 16
RE: Please keep the fuck away from remaking this film! - 16/10/2011 7:02:52 PM   
gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

It's a never-ending argument this one isn't it?

hello stophollywoodreamkes (great username!). I've mentioned this before elsewhere; remakes don't bother me anymore. Will the sudden (and primarily unwanted) appearance of a 'Hollywood remake' diminish your love for the original? No. Of course not. And it's pointless nutting the wall over it. The film studios are in business. Business means making MONEY. That's all that matters to them so remakes, reboots, sequels, prequels, re-imaginings. re-hashes, re-winds, re-grets(?!) will continue regardless. Fuck 'em. Stick with the films you like and if you're not keen on a new version, just stay away. Easy, Mon! My best mate keeps winding me up by asking how I would feel if there were to be a remake of a certain Sergio Leone directed Spaghetti Western that I'm a fan of; I just laugh. It'll probably happen someday. Do I care? Nah. It seems to me now, that there are THREE things in Life that are certain - Death, Taxes and Remakes.

Thank You Please.

Yo, stophollywoodreamkes, you need to check your username and change it to its proper spelling before you get sucked in to the Empire world and fret about how many posts will be removed from your box if you change it. Just saying like. I'm not a grammar-nazi I swear. Unless it's Spaldo. Drunken illiterate fool that he is

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Spike Lee Directing Oldboy Remake? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI