Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Depp Officially In Talks For Pirates 5

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Depp Officially In Talks For Pirates 5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Depp Officially In Talks For Pirates 5 - 6/7/2011 8:23:17 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: - 6/7/2011 10:42:53 AM   
trainedasninja

Better Be Fricken Good this time! Im surprised the writers have anymore ideas...what more is their to say? More Undead Crew? Another Villain with a weird ship and large hat? Another attempt for Jack to gain immortality? More sea monsters?....These have been done already. I welcome any attempt for a good pirates of the carribean film but i hope they keep it simple. A fun hunt for buried treasure would be by suggestion.  
Post #: 2
RE: Eh?? - 6/7/2011 10:59:17 AM   
trainedasninja

quote:

ORIGINAL: beardyphysics

I'm sorry but enough already, the last three films have been utter shite and everyone keeps saying "well maybe they will get it right this time" how many times can you be fooled?

I agree that its probably going to be poo and they are definitely doing it for the money. However, if they are gonna make another, you can't blame me for wanting it to be good.
Post #: 3
RE: Eh?? - 6/7/2011 11:03:56 AM   
beardyphysics

Can't blame you for having high hopes but if history has taught us anything........

(in reply to trainedasninja)
Post #: 4
RE: - 6/7/2011 1:15:00 PM   
trainedasninja

I am shocked that Depp is still considering continuing with a franchise which is a drag to his reputation. Yeah either he loves the character (which is my guess because it does look fun) or he likes the money. Seriously though if it looks rubbish on paper he should just say no.
Post #: 5
RE: - 6/7/2011 1:58:56 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

The only reason I can think of why Depp wants to do it is because he enjoys playing Jack Sparrow.

Plus his kids like him being Jack.

But as everyone keeps saying, we doubt the sound of money rolling in for this role is putting him off either. Disney knows a cash cow when they see one.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.
Post #: 6
RE: RE: - 6/7/2011 2:03:49 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

The only reason I can think of why Depp wants to do it is because he enjoys playing Jack Sparrow.

But as everyone keeps saying, we doubt the sound of money rolling in for this role is putting him off either. Disney knows a cash cow when they see one.

At the risk of compromising 'artistic integrity'; one could say he'd be a tit for not continually sucking this teet.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 7
RE: RE: - 6/7/2011 2:22:41 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

quote:

quote:

At the risk of compromising 'artistic integrity'; one could say he'd be a tit for not continually sucking this teet.

Niiice

To be fair he probably is thinking 'easy money', plus he gets to work alongside people he likes. Win-win. Except for us, the audience.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 8
RE: RE: - 6/7/2011 3:33:32 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

quote:

quote:

Niiice

To be fair he probably is thinking 'easy money', plus he gets to work alongside people he likes. Win-win. Except for us, the audience.

A bit like John Connor stealing money from a cash machine. A cloned card, a jock strap (haha) or was it a data ribbon cable? and a notebook. Anyway, it's 'easy money' as you said and he can tap into it for as long as he wants I'm sure. I think he's probably at an age where he's comfortable taking the occasional 'jobs for the boys' offer from Mr. Burton. Whilst continuing to be involved in mass-market films such as the "Pirates..." franchise.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 9
RE: Ill be happy to turn up if they solve the franchise... - 6/7/2011 8:13:53 PM   
sexylicious77

Yeah I agree with that. They are losing what was the magic in the first place. Keep it simple. If they had just kept the storyline between blackbeard and Sparrow it would have been great! There was no need for the stupid mermaid storyline or the fountain of youth storyline as that came to nothing!
Post #: 10
RE: Sequels - 6/7/2011 8:14:37 PM   
sexylicious77

I'd love to see a Tourist 2!!!!!
Post #: 11
RE: - 6/7/2011 11:05:08 PM   
furryCuds1z

I'm a little sick of the pirates movies. Four is enough. I know why they are making this because the last one made so much money. I'd like to see Depp take something different on that will challenge him
Post #: 12
RE: RE: - 7/7/2011 11:08:18 PM   
Big K

Get a story involving One Eyed Willy from The Goonies films and Jack Sparrow and how he got him marooned in that big cave.. That'd be something I'd pay to see, ha.

(in reply to furryCuds1z)
Post #: 13
RE: RE: - 8/7/2011 10:20:15 AM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big K

Get a story involving One Eyed Willy from The Goonies films and Jack Sparrow and how he got him marooned in that big cave.. That'd be something I'd pay to see, ha.

Yes!

(in reply to Big K)
Post #: 14
- 8/7/2011 12:50:29 PM   
dihowe

Can't wait!!! You can never have enough of naughty Captain Jack!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 15
- 8/7/2011 7:15:06 PM   
dcheater

I reckon it's a lot to do with the $50-60m they pay him. He could probably stitch them for 10% of the gross next time too.

Post #: 16
Yaaaaaaayyyyy!!! Excellent news!! - 9/7/2011 11:46:38 PM   
Billie73

Bring on Pirates 5 - the delicious Mr Depp just gets better and better with age!! Yum.

James White - why should we look shocked??! Another jealous Depp hater me thinks!! Lol.

Come on naysayers and critics these are Pirates of the Caribbean movies - their narrative clearly translates extremely well to foreign markets. You don't have to go and see them!! Let the Pirates fans ( and guys who aren't intimidated by Johnny's beauteous face) Alone!!

Post #: 17
Traindasninja you are an A grade MUPPET!! - 9/7/2011 11:49:54 PM   
Billie73

"drag to his reputation"??? Er 1 billion dollars and counting..... Poor thing trainedasninja

Post #: 18
make it a pirate movie! - 11/7/2011 9:01:34 AM   
leroythemasochist

here's an original thought (so they won't use it) just make a pirate movie. y'know, cutlasses, flintlocks, cannon, big ships, treasure (have a curse of you want!) the British navy in hot pursuit, all that brilliant Captain Blood/Errol Flynn stuff. But they won't will they?! Nooooo, it'll have about 20 different subplots (for no reason known to man) and lots of stupid double crosses. I love Depp, think he's wonderful and he is still one of my favourite actors. I just wish he'd kinda take control a bit. But as someone said, if someone is paying you $50 million (REALLY??!!) then who gives a shit! Still haven't seen Stranger Tides, might rent it...

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Depp Officially In Talks For Pirates 5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI