Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 10/8/2012 6:24:04 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

This weeks episode was a little better. Especially now Ben has been mislead into leaving the survivors, plus Pope is back which is always good news!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 91
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 13/8/2012 12:36:01 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: buffster28

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

By the way anyone think Charleston is that safe zone the the aliens want the humans to bugger off to? Sounds too good to be true

hmmm interesting idea. i kind hope they don't get there or it is something like you said. won't be as dramatic if they join up with a lot more fighters / people .

I do want to see some serious payback against the aliens though - the human race is getting caned and our heroes are slowly being eroded. I hope some stupid plot shift happens where the humans discover a virus that kills Skitters or something

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 92
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 15/8/2012 3:51:45 PM   
buffster28

Really good last ep with some nice alien action. really creepy when all those little alien guys came bursting out of Jamils body. not good that their most usefull guy is now dead - might lead to problems with fixing stuff.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 93
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 17/8/2012 9:02:09 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Really good episode this week, in fact it's probably the best so far. It was dark in places too with the assassination message and Jamils critters. Really enjoyed it.

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 94
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 21/8/2012 6:26:59 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

The last couple of episodes have been the best of Falling Skies period, really great stuff. The return of Karen and everything that it entailed, capturing the overlord, the revelation of the Skitter rebellion and the completely unexpected horror factor of the creepy crawlies bursting out of Jamil's body.

For the first time in a long time I'm actually looking forward to the next episode - it's been bloody excellent recently.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 95
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 22/8/2012 9:48:22 PM   
buffster28

So they finally made it to Charleston - wonder how it'll develop from here ??

I think i may of preferred it to be how they thought it was when they arrived with Charleston destroyed - will it be easier for them now fighting back with a larger army ?

Post #: 96
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 30/8/2012 6:03:45 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Nah I like the fact that there's tons of survivors there and Locke from Lost (trying) to lead them! It was getting way too samey having our heroes bopping around from place to place trying to survive, plus they were getting whittled down it would have been just a matter of time before they got completely wiped out.

Can't wait to see how things transpire with the Skitter rebellion, I always felt they were unwilling slaves by the way they actually seemed to care about the kids they were taking. All in all Falling Skies has somehow managed to transform itself into a great series.

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 97
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 31/8/2012 8:22:05 AM   
jonson

quote:

All in all Falling Skies has somehow managed to transform itself into a great series.

Are you sure about that?
Me and the missus only watch it now because we started. We SKY+ it so watched the episode last night when they finally made it to Charleston. Why did they slam on their brakes about 3 times during that episode when the roads ahead of them were clear? Every time they did it I just kept groaning!!
I can't be too harsh on it. It's shit but it passes as entertainment.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 98
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 31/8/2012 10:15:21 AM   
elab49

I'm slightly confused about this - do the programme makers just assume that no-one's watched the original V so they can just borrow hefty chunks of it without us noticing? The converted son, the trip to the ship, the doubting himself because of the mind stuff, the suspicion of the Ham type character, the Dr girlfriend and now the sodding fifth column.

I went through the epis from the 2nd season pilot over the last couple of days fairly gobsmacked. It's more V than the current remake.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 99
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 31/8/2012 5:07:16 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

All in all Falling Skies has somehow managed to transform itself into a great series.

Are you sure about that?

YES I AM

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 100
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 2/9/2012 3:03:30 PM   
buffster28

well the last ep was fairly dull esp as it was the penultimate ep - i guess they're saving all the excitement / aliens for the finale.

it did pick up majorly in the last 10 mins or so though - with the 2nd mass breaking Maggie out then convincing the rest of the army to turn on ' Locke ' . Should make for a good finale.

Post #: 101
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 6/9/2012 4:30:41 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I thought it was a decent finale but expected a bigger fight at end, one second the 2nd Mass are all heading out, the next they have made it 500 miles and are making their way through the caves to the final battle. I noticed that all the guys involved were characters that you knew and someone was going to cork it so it added to the tension - sad to see Dai kick the bucket

The arrival of the new alien was great and completely unexpected - looking forward to Season 3 after hearing it's been renewed

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 102
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 6/9/2012 4:56:22 PM   
elab49

I hadn't even picked up his name. I thought the distance thing was just me and I'd picked it up wrong so I'm glad you mentioned that!

Generally through the series I got slightly confused as to where the other 160 people who weren't characters we kind of saw actually were. And all the knowledge in one head with no back-up did tend towards the extremes of idiocy, especially when they went down pretty easy.

Handsome guy at the end was interesting but I'd have preferred they hadn't telegraphed it by having a weapon pointing at the sky. The sky with no appreciable human threat.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Post #: 103
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 6/9/2012 5:05:24 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I hadn't even picked up his name. I thought the distance thing was just me and I'd picked it up wrong so I'm glad you mentioned that!

Generally through the series I got slightly confused as to where the other 160 people who weren't characters we kind of saw actually were. And all the knowledge in one head with no back-up did tend towards the extremes of idiocy, especially when they went down pretty easy.

Yeah that was stupid - someone as important as him should be surrounded by armed mechs, it's weird there were none in the final fight - probably because our heroes would have been made mincemeat of if there were.

Handsome guy at the end was interesting but I'd have preferred they hadn't telegraphed it by having a weapon pointing at the sky. The sky with no appreciable human threat.

I actually thought they were going to do something with the atmosphere to wipe out humans/ skitterd. I have to admit I didn't see the new alien coming at all.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 104
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 6/9/2012 7:00:55 PM   
jonson

quote:

The arrival of the new alien was great and completely unexpected - looking forward to Season 3 after hearing it's been renewed

Was it the same alien that Tom saw in the ship? I almost thought he smiled at them at the end......
It's been a guilty pleasure, so bad I could cry at times but watchable all the same. I'm glad they are doing a third series but hopeful it just doesn't drag on and on and on........

Post #: 105
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 6/9/2012 7:06:18 PM   
elab49

Tom spoke to one of the 'fishheads' on the ship - the one he killed at the end.

quote:

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 106
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 6/9/2012 7:11:11 PM   
jonson

Oh right, yeah. Me and the missus SKY+'d the series for some reason while we were on holiday, Episode 8 got missed out, which I think was mentioned earlier (Jamils' death episode I think) Sadly it meant a bit of what we saw in Epsiode 9 and 10 was a bit "ehhhh?"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 107
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 6/9/2012 7:15:29 PM   
elab49

Spoilers for Epi 8 if Wished.

It was really just running around a lot in a hospital with big spider things appearing for no real reason. They caught fishhead then they let fishhead go for safe passage. Blondy, the one who keeps forgetting she's supposed to be a puppet and tries to do sinister, was just trying to get to the rebels through Ben.

quote:

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 108
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 6/9/2012 7:16:58 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

You missed the best episode of the series!

This is certainly a guilty pleasure and am glad we're getting another season. The finale was good as far as I'm concerned. I also picked up on the distance thing as well, it all seemed rather rushed. Considering some of the filler that went on earlier in the season it might have been better to stretch the attack on the weapon and fish head out over the last two episodes and build up the tension.

Still, the alien at the end was good stuff

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 109
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 6/9/2012 7:27:55 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Episode 8 was excellent, they caught the Fish head, some new creepy crawlies turned up, they got pinned down in the hospital and were fighting for their lives and the Jamil death scene was straight out of a horror movie.

I thought it was quite sad to see the rebel Skitter leader die, he saved their arses even though his crew got attacked by humans outside of Charleston. They should also have extended the Fish head overlord death scene, they just showed it from the angle of Mason giving him the beatdown, I would have liked to have seen it grovel before getting lined up by everyone and filled full of lead

The new alien at the end definately had a warm expression on his face - hopefully he will turn out to be a good egg. It's a great twist to stick a new alien race into the mix

< Message edited by Fluke Skywalker -- 6/9/2012 7:29:24 PM >

Post #: 110
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 12/9/2012 6:26:51 PM   
buffster28

decent enough finale - totally obvious that the rebellion skitters would turn up in time to save them.

so now there's another bigger boss alien.

Post #: 111
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 13/9/2012 12:11:15 PM   
elab49

Did you read it that way? Most I'd seen were assuming that's who the weapon was pointing at?

quote:

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 112
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 13/9/2012 1:32:50 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

It looked like the new alien was a good bloke, it looks like they CGI'd his face to show warmth and expression so I he's probably an enemy of the fishheads

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 113
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 16/9/2012 4:47:49 PM   
buffster28

hmmm i didn't think of that really - just thought cliffhanger ending new big bad alien - like the reveal of the overlords. did wonder about the expesssion he had on his face though.

not too sure of the idea of another alien race joining in the fight though.

Post #: 114
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 10/7/2013 7:58:42 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Back on Tuesday!

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 115
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 10/7/2013 9:53:50 PM   
musht

I gave up on this after Season 1 as it was too focused on family melodrama for my liking. However having seen an ad for Season 3 I have to say I was intrigued, is it worth my time catching up given the reasons I quit in the first place?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

Post #: 116
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 10/7/2013 10:26:17 PM   
elab49

It's still not great but they ditched a lot of the good ol' US of A family and faith stuff S2, presumably because they got it was a major criticism. It's not gone by any means. but S2 flowed better. And they did what they needed to at the close of S2 to change up.

I'm not sure S3 has been an improvement so far tho'.

quote:

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 117
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 11/7/2013 9:20:18 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I'm not sure S3 has been an improvement so far tho'.

Has it started?
I need something crap to watch on the TV, now Revolution and Vegas are coming to the end of their respective series

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 118
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 11/7/2013 9:43:38 AM   
elab49

It's about 7 episodes in in the US - only 3 to go.

quote:

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 119
RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread - 11/7/2013 1:10:22 PM   
jonson

Oh cool, thanks Elab. I assume there are plans to show it over here? Not that I'm desperate you know

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Falling Skies UK Speed - The Life Changing Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI