Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone Page: <<   < prev  22 23 24 [25] 26   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 15/5/2012 6:06:10 PM   
sharkboy

Someone on FB posted this pic of an artist's rendition of the accused that was being displayed outside Leveson today:

< Message edited by sharkboy -- 15/5/2012 6:07:15 PM >

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 721
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 15/5/2012 8:00:03 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

So what's the actual punishment if she gets done for this?

Capital.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 722
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 16/5/2012 1:03:31 PM   
great_badir

A serious and not rhetorical question - Is there any chance at all that she (they) will get off with little more than a fine or some community service?

I'm just wondering whether her (their) friendship with Honest Dave will have any bearing at all.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 723
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 16/5/2012 1:12:33 PM   
boaby

Surely the government can't afford for it to even appear as if back-scratching is ongoing.

Tories are all about self-preservation. I'd be surprised if, despite the she-devil's attempts to cling to Dave, she isn't abandoned to her fate.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 724
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 16/5/2012 1:17:43 PM   
elab49

And one would assume the Murdochs will now be spending too much time trying to protect their ass in the US to continue to protect 'this one'. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 725
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 16/5/2012 1:21:03 PM   
jon5000

Dave won't have a say in any of it. But even if he could, he would put his own public image first.

I can just imagine the text afterward, 'I'm sorry my dear. LOL.'

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 726
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 16/5/2012 2:00:54 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: jon5000

Dave won't have a say in any of it. But even if he could, he would put his own public image first.

Aye, there's no way he'd risk the inevitable media shitstorm by pulling some strings for her. Looking out for each other's not really the tory way, is it?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 727
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 16/5/2012 2:34:42 PM   
jon5000

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

Aye, there's no way he'd risk the inevitable media shitstorm by pulling some strings for her. Looking out for each other's not really the tory way, is it?

Certainly not.

And I think as much as Brooks has been rubbing shoulders with the Conservative elite of this country, she'll now learn the hard way that he was really only using her for her influence over poor and stupid oiks who he and his friends can be a bit out of touch with.

Sorry, I thought I was a Tory there for a second. I meant Sun readers!

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 728
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 16/5/2012 2:50:13 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

And I think as much as Brooks has been rubbing shoulders with the Conservative elite of this country, she'll now learn the hard way that he was really only using her for her influence over poor and stupid oiks who he and his friends can be a bit out of touch with.

Kinda like the end of Society, with Brooks as the Billy Zane character, discovering that despite their earlier assurances, she's good for nothing but being fisted and fed upon by a bunch of uber-rich sexual deviants?

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 729
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 16/5/2012 4:36:43 PM   
Dpp1978

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

A serious and not rhetorical question - Is there any chance at all that she (they) will get off with little more than a fine or some community service?

I'm just wondering whether her (their) friendship with Honest Dave will have any bearing at all.

A conviction for perverting the course of justice will carry a custodial sentence in all but exceptional cases. This is not, as far as I can see, one of these cases. It as a clear cut (albeit only prima facie at this point) case of tampering with evidence.

Should they be convicted the theoretical maximum term is life, but that will never be handed down. In practice a term between 2 and 4 years seems likely based on the recent case law.

Post #: 730
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 16/5/2012 4:43:54 PM   
jon5000

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Kinda like the end of Society, with Brooks as the Billy Zane character, discovering that despite their earlier assurances, she's good for nothing but being fisted and fed upon by a bunch of uber-rich sexual deviants

Haha, yep! With George Osbourne's face emerging out of his arse. Although I had no idea that was Billy Zane?!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978

Should they be convicted the theoretical maximum term is life, but that will never be handed down. In practice a term between 2 and 4 years seems likely based on the recent case law.

Wow.

I bet the pedo's can't wait to get their hands on her

(in reply to Dpp1978)
Post #: 731
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 16/5/2012 4:51:21 PM   
Spaldron

Brooks one year from now.

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 732
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 16/5/2012 5:28:53 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Kinda like the end of Society, with Brooks as the Billy Zane character, discovering that despite their earlier assurances, she's good for nothing but being fisted and fed upon by a bunch of uber-rich sexual deviants

Haha, yep! With George Osbourne's face emerging out of his arse. Although I had no idea that was Billy Zane?!

Me neither. Probably 'cos it was Billy Warlock

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 733
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 24/5/2012 5:27:15 PM   
boaby

Memo from Hunt to Dave weeks before Cable punted for partiality in the NewCorp/BSkyB deal making clear Hunt's support for the takeover.

Excellent.

Bob J ripping the Spad lad a new one. Exposed the wee boy's lack of clue about what quasi-judicial meant, his lack of instruction of how to conduct himself in such a situation and much, much more.

Highly entertaining.

0930 tomorrow for more of Spad lad followed by Hunt.

Got my popcorn ready.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 734
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 30/5/2012 4:10:27 PM   
boaby

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

Newsnight Scotland. Tommy Sheridan perjury trial in the High Court in Edinburgh:

Sheridan: did the News of the World pay corrupt police officers?

Coulson: Not to my knowledge.

Stuff emailed by the NotW to the Met suggests that Coulson did indeed authorise payments to police officers.

Busted. Surely.

Coulson detained by Strathclyde Police and faces questions concerning perjury in the Sheridan trial.

They get there eventually.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 735
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 30/5/2012 6:21:39 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

quote:

Newsnight Scotland. Tommy Sheridan perjury trial in the High Court in Edinburgh:

Sheridan: did the News of the World pay corrupt police officers?

Coulson: Not to my knowledge.

Stuff emailed by the NotW to the Met suggests that Coulson did indeed authorise payments to police officers.

Busted. Surely.

Coulson detained by Strathclyde Police and faces questions concerning perjury in the Sheridan trial.

They get there eventually.

I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand its funny to see Coulson in the shit, on the other hand it gives fuel and publicity to that colossal twat Sheridan.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 736
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 31/5/2012 12:34:12 AM   
Spaldron

He's been charged now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18262740

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 737
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 31/5/2012 1:25:25 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Some of the rather damning text messages that have come to light :

12.46: Jeremy Hunt to James Murdoch: Sorry to miss your call. Am on my mobile now. Jeremy

12.52: Mr Murdoch to Mr Hunt: Have to run into next thing. Are you free anything after 2.15? I can shuffle after this

12.55: Mr Hunt to Mr Murdoch: How about 4?

Mr Murdoch to Mr Hunt: Done.

12.57: Mr Hunt to Mr Murdoch: Great and contrats on Brussels, just Ofcom to go!

16.10: Mr Hunt to Andy Coulson: Could we chat abvout this? Am seriously worried Vince will do real damage to coaltion with his comments

16.08: Mr Hunt to George Osborne: Cld we chat about Murdoch Sky bid? Am seriously worried we are going to screw this up.

16.08: Mr Hunt to Mr Osborne: Just been called by James M. His lawyers are meeting now & saying it calls ino question legitmach of whole process form beginning 'acute bias' etc

16.58 Mr Osborne to Mr Hunt: I hope you like the solution!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2152558/Jeremy-Hunt-sent-great-congrats-text-James-Murdoch-hours-charge-BSkyB-bid.html#ixzz1wRvCyLOF

You have to say that if it wasn't for the Guardian the Tories would have waved the takeover of BskyB through - really disgraceful considering the malign influence of Murdoch on our democracy - what a bunch of enormous wankers they are.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 738
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 31/5/2012 2:17:36 PM   
Spaldron

Its fun to see Jeremy Cunt sweat in that chair.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 739
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 31/5/2012 2:41:58 PM   
superdan

It's starting to look quite bad for Hunt now. Interesting how much of a role Osborne appears to have played in the whole affair too. I would love it if he's called to give evidence.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 740
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 11/6/2012 1:37:51 PM   
boaby

Brown getting torn right in.

Basically calling Brooks and Murdoch liars. Neither he nor his wife consented to the running of the story re. his kid. Sure that his condition was not given to NI by a member of the public (though I guess a PI is a member of the public). Did not say in a phone call to wrinkley Rupes that war was declared.

Bemoaning the mixture of news with opinion.

Some quite interesting things to say about the funding of journalism. Interesting if a tad flawed. He suggested "sponsoring" of "quality" journalism as a way forward. Hmmm. That road looks pretty murky from here. There was a vague hint that a "journalism license" akin to the TV license might be a plan - I inferred this from his statement in the context of failing advertising revenue of papers with the idea that the BBC might offer some lessons. I only caught snippets of his evidence and it cut off for the 1 o'clock news so I may have missed his meaning.

Gideon on later in the afternoon. It'll be a full-on smug-athon. Robert Jay QC and Gideon in conversation for hours... I hope Leveson and co. have been innoculated.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 741
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 13/6/2012 2:04:29 PM   
boaby

Here's Salmond...

... and the BBC lose the feed.

'kinell.

< Message edited by boaby -- 13/6/2012 2:10:02 PM >

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 742
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 13/6/2012 2:13:51 PM   
boaby

Leveson calls Westminster "the English Parliament". Salmond approves.

Leveson did an actual face-palm.

< Message edited by boaby -- 13/6/2012 2:18:28 PM >

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 743
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 25/7/2012 1:33:55 PM   
SWOTBM

Surprised this hasn't got more attention:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jul/24/coulson-rebekah-brooks-phone-hacking

The trial should be interesting

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 744
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 25/7/2012 1:39:51 PM   
great_badir

So according to that article the MAXIMUM penalty for each charge is two years in prison, OR a fine (or both)...

Why can I not help but think they will both get off effectively scot free?...

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 745
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 30/8/2012 8:33:00 PM   
Ghidorah

This maybe off topic but this is related to newspaper ethics and News International's The Sun.

On the Sun's frontcover are pictures of Chyrel Cole and Will.i.am involved in a car collision. Both people were distressed and were bleeding from the face. Inside the Sun were more pictures of the accident and the singers in pain. There wasn't much in the print except they came out of a LA studio three in the morning and Will.i.am crashed his 100,000 car in a parked car. Also front seat passenger's air bag failed to go off and Cheryl hit her head on the dashboard. Ouch.

One of my hobbies is photography. I haven't been doing it for long and I don't want to splash out thousands for the top gear. However doing photography I tend to pick up stuff in photos where before I didn't.

In my opinion those pictures were taken with a professional DSLR. I couldn't recreate those type of shots with my gear and my gear are very portable. Those photos are good and they were taken three in the morning. Professional DSLRs are large, heavy and this one had an external flash fitted to it aswell. The question is how did a photohrapher with a huge, expensive and heavy camera just happen to be there at the time of the crash? Most likely waiting for the singers to exit the studio and the singers tried to get away from him. Did the photpgrapher's flash blind Will.i.am when he's making a getaway? The sad fact is the Sun paid money to the photographer for the photos and the photographer was the cause of the crash? Not only that but the Sun plastered it on their front page and missed out the bit the singers were being harrassed by a paparazzi and the sun paid him afterward.

Post #: 746
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 31/8/2012 11:03:02 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

This maybe off topic but this is related to newspaper ethics and News International's The Sun.

On the Sun's frontcover are pictures of Chyrel Cole and Will.i.am involved in a car collision. Both people were distressed and were bleeding from the face. Inside the Sun were more pictures of the accident and the singers in pain. There wasn't much in the print except they came out of a LA studio three in the morning and Will.i.am crashed his 100,000 car in a parked car. Also front seat passenger's air bag failed to go off and Cheryl hit her head on the dashboard. Ouch.

One of my hobbies is photography. I haven't been doing it for long and I don't want to splash out thousands for the top gear. However doing photography I tend to pick up stuff in photos where before I didn't.

In my opinion those pictures were taken with a professional DSLR. I couldn't recreate those type of shots with my gear and my gear are very portable. Those photos are good and they were taken three in the morning. Professional DSLRs are large, heavy and this one had an external flash fitted to it aswell. The question is how did a photohrapher with a huge, expensive and heavy camera just happen to be there at the time of the crash? Most likely waiting for the singers to exit the studio and the singers tried to get away from him. Did the photpgrapher's flash blind Will.i.am when he's making a getaway? The sad fact is the Sun paid money to the photographer for the photos and the photographer was the cause of the crash? Not only that but the Sun plastered it on their front page and missed out the bit the singers were being harrassed by a paparazzi and the sun paid him afterward.

Y'see, when I seen those photos, the first thing I thought was - road head.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 747
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 29/11/2012 9:37:39 AM   
elab49

So, today's the day. Those with vested interests have been taking sides all week - little Gove sooking his straw and making jokes, Channel 4 giving Hugh a documentary. Stories suggest Cleggers may not be taking the route assigned on this one but given he's desperate to pretend he's his own man and get back some cred I doubt many believe any stance he takes any more. And the BBC insist on giving some chap called Foulkes airtime to complain when his problem is that he has problems with the press but has clearly entirely formed his view on Leveson from the press coverage - the press like celebs so he thinks it's all about celebs. Lots of informed people saying otherwise can't penetrate that chip on his shoulder about not having Cameron begging for some time with him.

So same old same dysfunctional.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 748
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 29/11/2012 12:24:35 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Can't see any win in this situation.

If they don't further regulate the press they get accused of being in press' pockets, if they do they get accused of infringing on their independence.

Journalism is at an all time low at the minute and the press seem to have no intention of raising standards, because frankly the public don't really want it.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 749
RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone - 29/11/2012 1:01:10 PM   
sharkboy

I do think there's a potential win in this situation, in the shape of an independent complaints commission that has real teeth to apply substantial enough punishments to transgressors "pour encourager les autres", as Voltaire put it.  If one thing has become abundantly clear from the inquiry it is that we can't trust the press to be self-governing, so the PCC cannot continue to exist in its current form.  Equally however, the though of a statutory system linked to government control is very definitely breaking the butterfly on the wheel.  Having said that, if I have to hear one more tabloid editor railing against the undermining of democracy that such an attack on the free press would bring, I might just throw my support behind it.  They're trying to come across like they're Woodward and Bernstein, exposing national scandals on a daily basis, rather than rifling through celebs' bins or trying for that upskirt pic outside nightclubs.

WWLD?

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 750
Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 24 [25] 26   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone Page: <<   < prev  22 23 24 [25] 26   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI