Thor 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Thor 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Thor 2 - 1/7/2011 8:54:30 AM   
Marwood

So the news is Marvel have set a tentative release date for the Thor sequel but the bummer that Ken Branagh won't be returning to direct. However the fact that Branagh's departure has been reported shows that Marvel are moving quickly on this so hopefully we'll have some solid news on a director soon.

I thoroughly enjoyed Thor and felt that like Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk it didn't reinvent the wheel but was damn good fun and a star making turn for Chris Hemsworth, really looking forward to seeing him back in The Avengers so a sequel of his own is welcome news. However I'm hoping Marvel have learnt their lessons from Iron Man 2 and won't be rushing this one.

Nothing at all confirmed about story but no doubt it will spin off from The Avengers plotlines so will be interesting how Marvel handle it, the end of Thor (SPOILER) saw his passage to Earth destroyed yet we know he makes it back at some point to team up with the other heroes so will he back on Earth for Thor 2? Personally I hope the Earth business is marginalised this time as I much preferred the Asgard and Juttenheim business, as I posted in the main Thor thread it would be cool to explore the other realms mentioned in the film. No doubt some link to Earth will remain (will Natalie Portman return?) but now the characters have been introduced and the film has been successful I think Marvel should open up Thor's world more and give us something new.

As for potential villains I'm curious as to whether Loki will return and again as he's back in The Avengers it will be interesting to see where they could go with him after that. If new villains are coming in then I'd like to see some more mythical monsters to again open up the fantasy elements. For more traditional villains I think The Enchantress and Scourge (sp?) The Executioner are a good shout.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!
Post #: 1
RE: Thor 2 - 1/7/2011 12:36:03 PM   
Invader_Ace

What I liked about Thor was if you didn't know it was supposed to be a Superhero film or anything about the Marvel Universe, you could watch it just as an 80s Fantasy film throwback.  A large part of that was due to all the awesome Asgard Realm and Family Stuff.

So, I would like to see more of that, rather than Thor Flying in to same a bus full of children falling from a bridge type of stuff.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 2
RE: Thor 2 - 1/7/2011 2:26:03 PM   
lukeyboy

Starting to take this personally now. Marwood - you know better!

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3097648

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 3
RE: Thor 2 - 1/7/2011 3:55:22 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: lukeyboy

Whoops, sorry Luke - should have checked first. Completely forgot that I posted on it too

If it makes you feel any better as soon as the Empire Mods or whomever wake up and start the "official" thread mine will be forgotten.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Thor 2 - 1/7/2011 4:03:58 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: lukeyboy

Whoops, sorry Luke - should have checked first. Completely forgot that I posted on it too

If it makes you feel any better as soon as the Empire Mods or whomever wake up and start the "official" thread mine will be forgotten.

Yeah they already did that with my Avengers thread! Fuckers.....

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 5
RE: Thor 2 - 2/7/2011 10:06:16 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Seems like some1 at HQ has it in 4 U???

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Thor 2 - 8/12/2011 12:16:48 PM   
lukeyboy

So now that Patty Jenkins has been given the old heave-ho from this project, who are our favourites for the hot seat?

I'd personally like to see Brannagh come back and do it - but I dont know how likely that is though. Was his split with Marvel amicable??

Perhaps Matthew Vaughn will be approached again......

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 7
RE: Thor 2 - 8/12/2011 12:21:07 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Depending on how good Skyline is i'd be interested in maybe Mendis?

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 8
RE: Thor 2 - 8/12/2011 12:21:54 PM   
Cool Breeze

Maybe Brett Ratner is available now that he wont be doing the oscars.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 9
RE: Thor 2 - 8/12/2011 1:07:44 PM   
Timon

Howard McCain of Outlander fame!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 10
RE: Thor 2 - 8/12/2011 1:38:21 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

Depending on how good Skyline is i'd be interested in maybe Mendis?

Skyline was terrible. But you meant Skyfall!!

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 11
RE: Thor 2 - 8/12/2011 1:40:07 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Howard McCain of Outlander fame!

Like this idea. Outlander completely took me by surprise (in a good way).

Good thinking Batman!!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 12
RE: Thor 2 - 8/12/2011 7:17:39 PM   
Marwood

I doubt Branagh will be back to replace Jenkins - his split with Marvel was over scheduling and I expect they're still trying to stick to their planned release date which is probably what caused the split to begin with...although he is serving the film in a producer capacity similar to Jon Favreau being an exec producer on The Avengers.

I think they'll either go back to one of the other finalists like Brian Kirk or have another left field choice. Doubt Vaughn would be anywhere near this as he'd want to do his own thing and I believe Marvel will want to try and keep continuity with their other films so it's the same "shared universe". Vaughn's Thor sounded great but considering he and Marvel parted because they apparently changed their minds about the direction once The Avengers plan was launched I can't see he'd come on board unless it was his vision for the film.

Considering they hired Jenkins I don't think anyone's going to guess the replacement as no-one saw her coming originally. Sounds amicable though so maybe she'll end up doing something else for Marvel.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Thor 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI