Post #: 2
:p - 28/6/2011 3:34:47 PM   
jokerpoker123

what shit

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 3
A MASTERPIECE! - 28/6/2011 6:17:42 PM   
felixfelicis_k

Perfect! it's amazing because there's so much details in it. You have to watch it more than once so you can understand this masterpiece. every scene, every dialog has a reason and has a meaning. There's a wonderful scene that shows Somayeh (daughter of the carer) is playing with old man's oxygen cylinder. it show's that how the next generation (Somayeh) has doubts to keep alive the old traditions (the old man is a symbol of old traditions). and also there's much more. you just have to watch it so carefully and think about it. It absolutely demands multiple viewings!

Post #: 4
Great movie - 2/7/2011 10:02:39 AM   
olis

A real gem of a movie that provides a very interesting (and quite surprising) insight into today's Iranian society. It's a movie that scene after scene challenges you in your perception and opinion of the main characters. The acting is top-notch and, although the pace is quite slow, the movie is never dull or repetitive. A movie I would warmly recommend to anybody who has a brain, a curiosity for the world out there, and thinks that there is a life beyong Transformers 348!

Post #: 5
Brilliant - 2/7/2011 10:03:08 AM   
olis

A real gem of a movie that provides a very interesting (and quite surprising) insight into today's Iranian society. It's a movie that scene after scene challenges you in your perception and opinion of the main characters. The acting is top-notch and, although the pace is quite slow, the movie is never dull or repetitive. A movie I would warmly recommend to anybody who has a brain, a curiosity for the world out there, and thinks that there is a life beyong Transformers 348! ..

Post #: 6
RE: Brilliant - 31/1/2012 4:37:12 AM   
Qwerty Norris

2011 was a year full of many fine films, but this one for me towers above them all. An utterly fantastic and engaging drama that's superbly written, wonderfully performed by everyone involved and crucially, is all about character rather than incident. It portrays human behaviour in a fiercely intelligent and completely believable manner - resulting in all the characters' motives being hugely sympathetic yet never completely righteous. It doesn't resort to exploitative sensationalism yet remains as gripping any Hitchcock thriller throughout. It's also a film that celebrates the very act of triumph over adversity - not through the context of the film itself but for the mere fact that it actually exists at all. Its production was constantly dogged by Iranian government interference yet remarkably not only did it achieve completion with its integrity intact, but it's able to display an authenticity in its depiction of the secular-Middle Class and the Sharia Law-enforced working class. And with Iran becoming increasingly obsolete from western civilisation, phenomenal efforts like this need to be treasured even more.

5/5

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to olis)
Post #: 7
RE: A Separation - 2/2/2012 1:31:56 PM   
m_er

9/10 A Separation: This film has a similar seemingly "simple" story setup. However, it is an extraordinary film. It's not QUITE perfect, but it's damn close. The story-line, well written and well scripted, and the cast, well selected, and amazing acting. Nothing in this movie is less than great. Do yourself a favor - make sure you see this movie. Best Iranian film Iíve ever seen.

WHOA. I don't believe what I'm hearing. Check out the BALLS on this kid. Hey Spider, this is for you.

My movies
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=4044070

Post #: 8
RE: A Separation - 2/2/2012 1:32:10 PM   
m_er

9/10 A Separation: This film has a similar seemingly "simple" story setup. However, it is an extraordinary film. It's not QUITE perfect, but it's damn close. The story-line, well written and well scripted, and the cast, well selected, and amazing acting. Nothing in this movie is less than great. Do yourself a favor - make sure you see this movie. Best Iranian film Iíve ever seen.

WHOA. I don't believe what I'm hearing. Check out the BALLS on this kid. Hey Spider, this is for you.

My movies
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=4044070

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> A Separation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI