Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE:

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: - 28/6/2011 9:06:05 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillClay

Yes because we should expect more from a trilogy based on a cartoon that was based on a series of toys.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a fun and half-way decently made flick, something which Bay so horribly failed to do with the first two movies.

As I have said before: just because the first two Transformers movies aren't meant to be life-changing doesn't mean we should look past the shittiness and give Bay a pass.

Chris Hewitt has a fondness for dumb-ass action summer movies (If memory serves he loved Fast Five, which is a great example of entertaining escapist fluff) so any criticism thrown at him in this thread is completely redundant.

As for Transformers 3, it may well turn out to be one of the best summer films of 2011, but I don't care enough to find out. I can't risk my soul getting raped a third time.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 28/6/2011 9:19:57 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013
Post #: 121
RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 28/6/2011 9:08:32 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

I wonder how long it will take Shia to apologise for this and Wall Street 2?

Funnily enough I read an article wherein he criticized Wall Street 2 for being "too nice". I would link to you but I can't remember what website it came from.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 28/6/2011 9:10:28 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 122
RE: - 28/6/2011 9:14:56 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kpenga

Dark of the Moon is almost as rubish as the second. But just as boring

Ok. WHAT. THE. F**K?!

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html
Post #: 123
RE: RE: - 28/6/2011 9:18:52 PM   
Olaf

I actually saw my cat (who had left the house for a number of hours earlier) eating lasagne today. I'm honestly not making this up.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 124
RE: RE: - 28/6/2011 9:28:30 PM   
Deviation

I'm sure you're not, it's the crack you've snorted that's making shit up.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 125
RE: ?!? - 28/6/2011 9:34:21 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: cerebusboy

Man, whatever happened to the Chris Hewitt who gave Attack of the Clones five stars?!?!?!? ;-)

He moved to Hong Kong.  I hear he's doing well. 
Post #: 126
RE: RE: - 28/6/2011 9:35:28 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

I actually crack snorts instead. unlike my cat, who loves crack, unlike my dog who loves meth.

What I'm trying to say is, neither my cat or my dog has seen the new Transformers film.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 127
RE: RE: - 28/6/2011 9:37:36 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

I actually crack snorts instead. unlike my cat, who loves crack, unlike my dog who loves meth.

What I'm trying to say is, neither my cat or my dog has seen the new Transformers film.

So they don't care that this one got less stars but apparently it's better than part 2?

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 128
RE: RE: - 28/6/2011 9:42:44 PM   
Olaf

I just tried asking them. The dog didn't respond, and the cat said something akin to 'rraowmmmmaow'

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 129
RE: RE: - 28/6/2011 9:46:38 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

I just tried asking them. The dog didn't respond, and the cat said something akin to 'rraowmmmmaow'

Ah, yeah he's a fan.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 130
RE: RE: - 28/6/2011 9:51:59 PM   
Olaf

Accusing Transformers fans of being unable to communicate in basic English? a scurrilous accusation.

Post #: 131
RE: RE: - 28/6/2011 9:53:15 PM   
bobatim

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

quote:

Ah, yeah he's a fan.

I think it translates into 'but I just want to watch something that lets me switch my brain off. Not something that quotes shakespeare and has a message!'

Is he died?

www.penultimateuniverse.blogspot.com

Post #: 132
RE: RE: - 28/6/2011 10:18:40 PM   
Deviation

quote:

Accusing Transformers fans of being unable to communicate in basic English? a scurrilous accusation.

Indeed, my cat can talk perfect English.

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 133
RE: RE: - 28/6/2011 10:32:32 PM   
Olaf

My cat is quite obviously better though. He's been able to get a divorce for just over fifteen years here, that's social progress.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 134
RE: RE: - 28/6/2011 10:49:35 PM   
Deviation

Yeah, my cat is in a worse position. The politicians here haven't decided whether they will actually do a divorce legislation and might ignore the referendum on the whole. Might always.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 28/6/2011 11:00:28 PM >

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 135
RE: RE: - 28/6/2011 11:00:21 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 136
RE: RE: - 28/6/2011 11:28:24 PM   
Pigeon Army

Stay on topic.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 137
RE: RE: - 28/6/2011 11:38:08 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Megan Fox's breasts.  Damn.  Still off topic. 

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 28/6/2011 11:40:36 PM >

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 138
RE: RE: - 29/6/2011 12:14:47 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

Megan Fox's breasts.

Where!? ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMDV3eISLPs

Is it not a good thing that Empire were more harsh with Transformers 3 than 2 ? (really need an snappier abbreviation; 'T3' has Arnie in it, and Trans 3 sounds like a 'special interest' video ;))

People used to bitch and moan that Empire gave blockbusters automatically inflated star ratings, but Green Lantern and Transformers 3 have both had 2 star reviews. Surely, irrespective of one's opinions on these particular films, this is a helpful rebuttal to the paranoics? (Not that I agree with those who claim that reviews were inflated in the past of course)

If the final Harry Potter or Captain America sucks balls (in that reviewer's opinion of course, YMMV etc etc yada yada) then I'm sure the star ratings will reflect that.

That said, I still wish Empire had the balls to have their original, far more positive, reviews of the Star Wars prequels up. Lots of people did and do like them.

Post #: 139
RE: RE: - 29/6/2011 12:16:17 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: cerebusboy
(really need an snappier abbreviation; 'T3' has Arnie in it, and Trans 3 sounds like a 'special interest' video ;))

TF3.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 140
RE: - 29/6/2011 12:25:31 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: kinkykeeks

If it's better than Revenge Of The Fallen then why does it only get 2 stars when Revenge got 3??

Ah well, not going to judge until I've seen it *shrug*

To quote from earlier on...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helen OHara

As for the 2 star / 3 star question, I do remember a 2 vs. 3 debate over Fallen. We erred on the side of generosity in that case. Should we therefore continue to err? This time the debate was much more one-sided. I suppose the lingering warmth from the first has also decreased.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 141
RE: RE: - 29/6/2011 12:30:03 AM   
cerebusboy

quote:

Perhaps Dante had a point.

Helen O' Hara's blog post on the TF3 defenders made some good points. Personally I thought TF2 was a blast, but it's hardly surprising that, 2 years later, people are less forgiving of robo-Bayhem. The only specific thing I can recall Bay claim to be repenting of from TF2 was 'dorky humour' - not the wider faults that the reviewer identifies. Clearly Fallen's $800 plus meant that the studio wanted , largely speaking, more of the same.

In any case, surely the fact that it's all just opinion and the fallen review was written by a different person than the TF3 is pretty significant? As is http://www.empireonline.com/features/50-worst-movies-ever/default.asp?film=25

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 142
RE: RE: - 29/6/2011 12:34:31 AM   
superdan

I'm pleased that this thread has followed the script exactly so far. I can't wait for Stage 2 - when people have actually seen the film.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 143
RE: - 29/6/2011 12:36:33 AM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: kinkykeeks

If it's better than Revenge Of The Fallen then why does it only get 2 stars when Revenge got 3??

Ah well, not going to judge until I've seen it *shrug*

Definitely taking the piss now.
Post #: 144
RE: RE: - 29/6/2011 12:42:41 AM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I'm pleased that this thread has followed the script exactly so far. I can't wait for Stage 2 - when people have actually seen the film.

I've always thought we should start a drinking game for threads on the Summer blockbusters.

Someone compares star ratings - Take A Shot

Someone says "its a film about robots/superheroes/norse gods, it's not supposed to be thoughtful" - Take A Shot

Someone mentions Attack Of The Clones - Down The Bottle.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 145
RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 29/6/2011 12:45:46 AM   
kenada_woo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kenada_woo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

2 stars?

Sounds like its gonna be 5 BOOOOOOOOOOOOMS! from me then hehehe

But then you've rated Lantern better than First Class. And Bad Teacher

And....?

You're too fast, I edited for poor english.

I don't know what BOOOOOOOOOOOOMS is but I guessed it was stars. So, I said well you rated Lantern and Bad Teacher better than First Class. If you can't figure out what that means...

I review Bay movies on a BOOOOOM count rather than stars.

Anyway, I have no gripe about any Empire review or reviews in general. Its all opinion

BUT...its irrelevant what I've rated other movies compared to First Class (which is another average Marvel comic film with weak support characters, poor make-up FX, and lackluster action sequences as it recycles the same thing over from the previous 3 movies).

I didnt know First Class was the tent pole to compare films to....

I disagree entirely. My point was you'll probably like Transformers 3 if you like Green Lantern. And dislike First Class, you obviously have no taste.

Oh right. Lol. Generalise much?

And first class was utter bland SHITE so you clearly have no taste yourself.

We playing this game?

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

Post #: 146
RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 29/6/2011 12:46:28 AM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

2 stars?

But then you've rated Lantern better than First Class.  And Bad Teacher

And....?

I don't know what BOOOOOOOOOOOOMS is but I guessed it was stars.  So, I said well you rated Lantern and Bad Teacher better than First Class.  If you can't figure out what that means... 

Anyway, I have no gripe about any Empire review or reviews in general. Its all opinion

BUT...its irrelevant what I've rated other movies compared to First Class (which is another average Marvel comic film with weak support characters, poor make-up FX, and lackluster action sequences as it recycles the same thing over from the previous 3 movies).

I disagree entirely.  My point was you'll probably like Transformers 3 if you like Green Lantern.  And dislike First Class, you obviously have no taste.

We playing this game?

Well, you're easy to wind up.  Don't say Generalise much? it makes you sound like an American teenager.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 29/6/2011 12:47:53 AM >

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 147
RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 29/6/2011 12:55:02 AM   
kenada_woo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

2 stars?

But then you've rated Lantern better than First Class. And Bad Teacher

And....?

I don't know what BOOOOOOOOOOOOMS is but I guessed it was stars. So, I said well you rated Lantern and Bad Teacher better than First Class. If you can't figure out what that means...

I disagree entirely. My point was you'll probably like Transformers 3 if you like Green Lantern. And dislike First Class, you obviously have no taste.

We playing this game?

Well, you're easy to wind up. Don't say Generalise much? it makes you sound like an American teenager.

Not really. I was only adding some banter to the mega thread to film no ones seen yet only to get you getting all defensive over a xmen rating.

Just found your post a bit silly. And I don't mind sounding like a yanky teen saying you generalising based on views on other films cos...it's what you did.

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

Post #: 148
RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 29/6/2011 1:14:12 AM   
theoriginalcynic

Ok, calm down son, you've had your pop and crisps.  Is it still generalising if you're a Paul WS Anderson fan? Back to Transformers 3.  

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 29/6/2011 1:29:23 AM >

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 149
RE: RE: - 29/6/2011 1:23:29 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I've always thought we should start a drinking game for threads on the Summer blockbusters.

Someone compares star ratings - Take A Shot

Someone says "its a film about robots/superheroes/norse gods, it's not supposed to be thoughtful" - Take A Shot

Someone mentions Attack Of The Clones - Down The Bottle.

I've been playing it since 7 annnnnddddddd immm piishedt as fuccccckkkkk pffffffffffffhhhhhhhh..............

Bonus Shot for anyone who mentions 'Shakespeare' in the "Its not supposed to be high art!" comments etc....

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI