Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Transformers: Dark of the Moon Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 28/6/2011 12:06:38 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: - 28/6/2011 12:08:13 PM   
Rgirvan44

*Puts goggles on*

Shit just got real.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 2
RE: Reviewer is an idiot - 28/6/2011 12:16:59 PM   
Scott_

Haha. It begins...

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz
Post #: 3
RE: Reviewer is an idiot - 28/6/2011 12:27:52 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: scalan15

Wait a second, it's an improvement over revenge of the fallen, which you gave 3 stars, but for some reason you give this one 2 stars? Makes no sense, The movie was outstanding by the way, I need to spread the word because Bay haters like this reviewer are going to bad mouth the movie anyway, the 3D was amazing, better than avatar

Revenge of the Fallen was reviewed by another Empire writer.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 4
RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 28/6/2011 12:31:36 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: MoBiUGeArSkIn

OMG! OPINIONS!

"I don't know who to believe!"

Believe yourself. Tickets booked.

What has belief got to do with it? The other two movies should clue you into what this is kinda going to be like. Whether you listen to reviews or not is up to you. Belief has nothing to do with it.

Post #: 5
RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 28/6/2011 12:36:28 PM   
MoBiUGeArSkIn

Really? What the fuck is that?

Because I loved the first one, pretty much loathed the second one, and at this point I believe, from what I've seen, I'll enjoy this like the former.

I'm not going to write something off because someone says I should.

You're not going crazy, Arthur. You're going sane in a crazy world!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 6
RE: Your star ratings are screwed - 28/6/2011 12:37:57 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: jrewing1000

"An improvement on Transformers 2" yet this film is one star less?? Doesn't make sense. Empire's star system seems to be out of whack.

Different reviewers.

Post #: 7
RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 28/6/2011 12:38:28 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

Really? What the fuck is that?

Because I loved the first one, pretty much loathed the second one, and at this point I believe, from what I've seen, I'll enjoy this like the former.

I'm not going to write something off because someone says I should.

It was just an odd turn of phrase is all.

(in reply to MoBiUGeArSkIn)
Post #: 8
RE: Reviewer is an idiot - 28/6/2011 12:41:00 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: scalan15

Wait a second, it's an improvement over revenge of the fallen, which you gave 3 stars, but for some reason you give this one 2 stars? Makes no sense, The movie was outstanding by the way, I need to spread the word because Bay haters like this reviewer are going to bad mouth the movie anyway, the 3D was amazing, better than avatar

One reviewer gave Transformers 2 three stars, another reviewer gave this two stars.  Get it?

It probably will be a two star film, more of the same with spectacular action, and a hot looking chick who can't act.  Thursday for me.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 28/6/2011 12:42:21 PM >
Post #: 9
RE: Your star ratings are screwed - 28/6/2011 12:41:04 PM   
jrewing1000

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

"An improvement on Transformers 2" yet this film is one star less?? Doesn't make sense. Empire's star system seems to be out of whack.

Different reviewers.

So what? Surely the ratings should be consistent for the magazine as a whole??

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 10
RE: Tru dat. - 28/6/2011 12:41:59 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

My regards go out to the mods right now. It's going to be a tough few days. Stay strong.

Bring it!

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"
Post #: 11
RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 28/6/2011 12:43:43 PM   
MoBiUGeArSkIn

It's not really. End of the day, if you're going to base your opinion on something it might as well be your own. Or, at the very least, a consensus.

This thread is going to descend into something soon enough.

I just hope Chris Hewitt realises he's about to get his ass kicked by Jason Statham, over the insulting of his fancy piece.

Prepdare to be Transported, Chris. Transported somewhere... painful.

You're not going crazy, Arthur. You're going sane in a crazy world!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 12
RE: Your star ratings are screwed - 28/6/2011 12:43:46 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

Different reviewers.

Every time.

Anyway, the film - I reckon when I see it I'll probably agree with everything Chris Hewitt said but what the hell, it sounds worth it for the 3D carnage.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 13
RE: Your star ratings are screwed - 28/6/2011 12:44:55 PM   
Angelus

Revenge of the Fallen was utter crap, but I'm still tempted to see this one.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts!"

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 14
RE: Your star ratings are screwed - 28/6/2011 12:45:10 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

Different reviewers.

How exactly?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to jrewing1000)
Post #: 15
RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 28/6/2011 12:46:15 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

It's not really. End of the day, if you're going to base your opinion on something it might as well be your own. Or, at the very least, a consensus.

I just hope Chris Hewitt realises he's about to get his ass kicked by Jason Statham, over the insulting of his fancy piece.

Oh yeah, I forgot she was dating Chev.

Oh dear. Oh very dear Chris.

Post #: 16
RE: What were you expecting you idiot??? - 28/6/2011 12:47:24 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: J_BUltimatum

The icing on the cake has to be that this is better than part 2, but recieves less stars?????

Again!

Different Reviewers.

[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

Post #: 17
RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 28/6/2011 12:47:44 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

Because he'd get a woman like that if he wasn't famous

Post #: 18
RE: Your star ratings are screwed - 28/6/2011 12:48:16 PM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

quote:

Different reviewers.

Empire have made clear that they don't review by committee - you get the informed opinion of the person doing the review. Different reviewers might not agree.

This isn't a one-man show and there are no diktats that only one view should reign over all - and the contribution of different voices with different views has always been part of the magazine, even doing articles and those films where individual writers are out of line with others or their personal 'not seen' shame. It was the very basis of the movie trial pieces.  IMO this is a very good thing.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to jrewing1000)
Post #: 19
RE: What were you expecting you idiot??? - 28/6/2011 12:50:08 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: J_BUltimatum

TransFormers the TV show was about transforming robots beating the crap out of each other, with little or no plot on several occasions. The film pretty much the same. Were Empire going in to any of the TransFormer films expecting oscar winning material? Then obviously you are going to be disappointed. I know a few people that have seen the film now and they have come out pleased and have enjoyed the Bayhem. So far this year I have been more than disappointed with Empires reviews to date. The icing on the cake has to be that this is better than part 2, but recieves less stars????? Also it is a million times better than Avatar and you gave that stinking pile of blue crap 5 stars! Get your reviewers sorted out! If your reviews were made into a film then you would be the first to complain about all the continuity errors!

Avatar is great - pisses all over Transformers 1 and 2.  I haven't agreed with many of Empire's reviews this year either, Scream 4 (better) Mother's Day (total crap) just for example.  But they're just opinions...
Post #: 20
RE: Your star ratings are screwed - 28/6/2011 12:51:10 PM   
tommypocket

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

Different reviewers.

How exactly?

You come here for Empire's opinion, not Chris Hewitt's, Kim Newman's or Helen O'Hara's... therefore these reviewers speak for the magazine - no player is bigger than the club!

Personally, I'm not taking issue with the review or even the rating - but for those complaining above that different reviewers should negate consistancy, that's big metal balls...

"Sing it again for my pleasure."

Twitter drivel - @tommypocket

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 21
RE: Your star ratings are screwed - 28/6/2011 12:54:31 PM   
elab49

No it's not. Empire have stated how they work - if you don't like it, then that's fair enough. But that's how it is. Empire employ professional writers for informed opinions. They don't send a group mob-handed for an agreed review. This is why film and DVD releases may have different reviews - it is part of how this magazine works. I'd be surprised if it was any different anywhere else - surely Total Film or Sight and Sound don't send every writer plus editor to every press screening so they can agree a single view? That'd be ludicrous.

It also presumes that one person also holds the same opinion of a film forever - surely all of us know our own views of films can change on rewatches and in different contexts?

< Message edited by elab49 -- 28/6/2011 12:55:37 PM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to tommypocket)
Post #: 22
RE: Your star ratings are screwed - 28/6/2011 12:55:45 PM   
tommypocket

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

quote:

Different reviewers.

Empire have made clear that they don't review by committee - you get the informed opinion of the person doing the review. Different reviewers might not agree.

This isn't a one-man show and there are no diktats that only one view should reign over all - and the contribution of different voices with different views has always been part of the magazine, even doing articles and those films where individual writers are out of line with others or their personal 'not seen' shame. It was the very basis of the movie trial pieces.  IMO this is a very good thing.

Nice - good point... I like this 'team' element of Empire too.

I think everyone's beef is that in 5 years time you'll see:

Transformers - ****
Revenge of the Fallen - ***
Dark of the Moon - **

...and think 'so the third one's the worst right?'

"Sing it again for my pleasure."

Twitter drivel - @tommypocket

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 23
RE: Your star ratings are screwed - 28/6/2011 12:56:37 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: tommypocket

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

Different reviewers.

How exactly?

You come here for Empire's opinion, not Chris Hewitt's, Kim Newman's or Helen O'Hara's... therefore these reviewers speak for the magazine - no player is bigger than the club!

Personally, I'm not taking issue with the review or even the rating - but for those complaining above that different reviewers should negate consistancy, that's big metal balls...

How is it big metal balls? Empire is not Cthulhu - it is not one entity - they are different reviews. Why is this so hard to grasp?

Post #: 24
RE: Your star ratings are screwed - 28/6/2011 12:56:46 PM   
shool

Plus its only a star rating, which is only meant as a guideline. If you want a detailed review read the article which clearly states the reviewers view of the film.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 25
RE: What were you expecting you idiot??? - 28/6/2011 12:57:32 PM   
Dirk Miggler

No issues with this review seems genuine and most of all to the point which films like this need, no point in the reviewer getting carried away it obviously is a turd and clearly its not Mr Hanky the Christmas Poo, it aint gonna start talking and give us a "message" !!

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 28/6/2011 1:05:52 PM >

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 26
RE: Your star ratings are screwed - 28/6/2011 12:58:28 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: tommypocket

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

quote:

Different reviewers.

Nice - good point... I like this 'team' element of Empire too.

I think everyone's beef is that in 5 years time you'll see:

Transformers - ****
Revenge of the Fallen - ***
Dark of the Moon - **

...and think 'so the third one's the worst right?'

It does look odd, doesn't it?

But then, I'd have them all at 1 star so at least I'm not the one reviewing!

quote:

Post #: 27
RE: Your star ratings are screwed - 28/6/2011 1:00:14 PM   
jcthefirst

Ok, so it's terrible, but is it well made?

Chris Hewitt is clearly unable to judge the quality of the film.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28
RE: Your star ratings are screwed - 28/6/2011 1:02:21 PM   
shool

Well the effects are good, action good but the story and plot are crap. Make of that what you will.

Adambatman - are you going to post your review in here?

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 29
RE: Your star ratings are screwed - 28/6/2011 1:05:55 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

Empire is not Cthulhu - it is not one entity - they are different reviews.

Nice.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Transformers: Dark of the Moon Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI