Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 22/2/2013 11:15:09 AM   
RLTShirley

I mean I know I probably don't fall into this films target demographic, but it really makes me wonder what kind of a person actually enjoys watching this kind of thing.
Yeah I'm sure it's all artistic and shit but that doesn't make it good. If you want to debate how important or how much artistic merit something has go look at a pile of bricks or an unmade bed or something. Films are supposed to be entertaining. The filmmaker must really love the smell of his own farts to have released this.
It really made me angry and want to beat people up who are smaller than me or different in some way.
Why the fuck did Empire give it such a good review.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 211
RE: I'm fairly certain thats not a film. - 24/2/2013 9:40:22 PM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: RLTShirley

I honestly don't know where to begin. I don't think you can really call this a film. It's like 10 hours long and there's basically no dialogue or plot. It starts with Shaun Penn looking bored and saying nothing, then there's about 2 hours of Brad Pitt looking angry and saying nothing before a really long montage of a chic floating around a tree (literally floating) saying nothing. At this point I fell asleep then woke up about 3 hours later and the film had changed into a bunch of shots of a rubbish dinosaur cutting about a forest. This went on for fucking ages then the dinosaur just dies for no reason. It then cuts back to Shaun Penn still looking bored and moping around on a beach. I think he has one line in the whole film when he sees Brad Pitt on the beach and just says something like "it turns out it was all a dream" or some shit like that (i wasn't really listening to be honest). Finally it's just a shot of the moon and a chic keeps saying "it was the pony" over and over and then it finally ends.
It was quite possibly the most pretentious thing I've ever seen. But I will give it one star because I like dinosaurs.

This is pure genius. Are you Barry Shitpeas, by any chance?

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 24/2/2013 9:41:25 PM >

(in reply to RLTShirley)
Post #: 212
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI