Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark Poster Lands

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark Poster Lands Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark Poster Lands - 22/6/2011 11:18:27 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Always nice to see - 22/6/2011 11:18:27 AM   
PaulTree11

a producer's name get top billing. All in all this is the director's film - but hey, we all 'know' Del Toro, right? I think it's a shame marketing has to rely on an existing Del Toro fan base rather than finding a new, unique way to promote the film. Will this look and feel like every other Del Toro film (ala Tim Burton, too) or is it different? Seeing his name is all over it I'd have to assume it'll feel like I'm watching one of his films. If not I'll be upset, right?

< Message edited by PaulTree11 -- 22/6/2011 11:19:29 AM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Always nice to see - 22/6/2011 11:51:40 AM   
BatFan

'Guillermo Del Toro presents' is going to sell more tickets than 'A Troy Nixey film'. Guillermo also co-wrote the film and is usually hands on when producing films so he does have a hand in the creative process.
And since when do films ever find a 'new, unique way to promote the film' Promoting a film is selling it to an audience. 9 times out of 10 Audiences go for something they know and are aware of. If it's a good film then putting Guillermo's name is bound to get more people to go watch it which is surely a good thing?
No way is Guillermo anything like Burton. Guillermo uses fantasy to tell interesting stories that look and feel different from each other. Burton does a cut and paste job with every film he makes. Twisted, deformed trees, Monochrome stripes, Danny Elfman score, Helena Bonham Carter, Johnny Depp etc...

< Message edited by BatFan -- 22/6/2011 11:52:43 AM >

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to PaulTree11)
Post #: 3
RE: Always nice to see - 23/6/2011 9:50:04 AM   
keaneye

Completely agree. Promotion is about getting the film seen. When the director has made more of a name himself, then he can put up "from the director of ....."

Yeah, well, that's just your opinion, man.....

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 4
The last film I seen with the 'Del Toro presents' banne... - 23/6/2011 5:35:19 PM   
loafroaster

...was The Orphanage, and that rocked. Not always a bad thing.

Post #: 5
Better Get this Right. The Original's Brilliant! - 25/6/2011 5:51:20 PM   
princemadonna

I always thought this TV cult horror movie would make a great Hollywood bockbuster, they better get it right. I'm a bit wary of them making Sally a little girl. It worked well enough with an adult. Looking forward to this though, as it's not stricktly a re-make, because the original was a made for TV movie. Sick of all the horror re-makes - but this should've been picked up years ago for the cinema/ Hollywood version. The kid looks like Katie Holmes real daughter LOL.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark Poster Lands Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI