Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion Page: <<   < prev  33 34 35 36 [37]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 15/8/2012 5:43:04 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Hmm, I notice no-one seems to rate Liverpool's chances of getting back into the top five. Don't get me wrong - I sincerely hope they have another mare (along with Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal ideally ) and I'm not convinced Rodgers is as great as everyone (well, mainly Rodgers) seems to think he is but they do have some handy players. Anyway, last season was so surprising I can't even begin to make predictions but I'm gonna go with United for the title. Just cos, well, it's what they do, isn't it?

I personally think sixth is the best Liverpool can aim for this season and anything else would be a bonus for them. On a football forum I peruse one poster who isn't a Liverpool fan had them down for fourth as he was of the opinion that Di Matteo will get found out and Villa-Boas will struggle at Spurs, whilst he rates Rodgers highly. Can't see it myself, but would be good if it were to happen.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1081
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 15/8/2012 6:15:25 PM   
Rinc

1. City - best individual players, best team, best squad
2. Utd - not convinced by the defence or the central midfield but the best manager in the business will get the most out of them
3. Arsenal - really like the look of their team even if RVP leaves
4. Chelsea - dodgy defence and don't think much of the manager but some very good forward line

5. Liverpool - 5th only because of other's failings. We played and dominated matches more than our results showed last season and I think that will continue. But we can't be as bad can we. Can we?
6. Newcastle - some fantastic players and good manager
7. no strikers, players who want to leave and weaknesses in defence will be exposed by AVB's style of play

18. Wigan
19. Norwich
20. Southampton

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1082
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 15/8/2012 6:18:32 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

If you look at Liverpool they really had a golden period when Benitez was around, not so much for winning tons of titles but for attracting top players from Spain and elsewhere. I mean Reina, Torres, Alonso, Mascherano to name some of them. You've really had to lower your sights since he's left.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 1083
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 15/8/2012 6:34:34 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

I think Southampton will surprise a few this season.
Best manager of the three promoted teams.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 1084
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 15/8/2012 10:38:19 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

I think Southampton will surprise a few this season.
Best manager of the three promoted teams.

And they have Ricky Lambert who is just one of those kind of players that will score goals whatever level he's playing at.

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 1085
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 15/8/2012 10:44:13 PM   
Olaf

I only really went with Southampton because I couldn't think of a third team I'd definitely back to get relegated - Reading look like they'll be handy enough as well (with a good goalscorer in Pog), West Ham will depressingly stay up for the same reason Big Sam's Bolton never went down, QPR have probably bought themselves out of trouble and Wigan might actually be good for more than three months this year. Swansea have bought well (Michu is one player I expect good things from after watching him for Rayo last season) and Laudrup's sheer overwhelming godlikeness will surely be enough anyway. (Dare I dream that Stoke get pulled down at long last??)

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 1086
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 15/8/2012 11:00:02 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I very much doubt Stoke would be battling it out at the bottom, they're a great side with no real threat to their Premier League status, I'm surprised you want then gone. I really like having Stoke in the Premier League, they're one of those physical teams that you just know can cause an upset with a good result against the big boys. They're a bit like an up to date version of Sam Allardyce's Bolton, who I also liked.

Personally the one team I'm expecting to fall apart this season are Swansea. And likely joining them will be QPR and Wigan/Norwich. I'd hope for it being West Ham, but I just don't see it happening.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 15/8/2012 11:03:35 PM >

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 1087
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 15/8/2012 11:14:13 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

I very much doubt Stoke would be battling it out at the bottom, they're a great side with no real threat to their Premier League status, I'm surprised you want then gone. I really like having Stoke in the Premier League, they're one of those physical teams that you just know can cause an upset with a good result against the big boys. They're a bit like an up to date version of Sam Allardyce's Bolton, who I also liked.

Personally the one team I'm expecting to fall apart this season are Swansea. And likely joining them will be QPR and Wigan/Norwich. I'd hope for it being West Ham, but I just don't see it happening.

mfw

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 1088
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 16/8/2012 1:12:13 AM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

A lot of West Ham fans I know think that is exactly what will be happening. They're still very unhappy with Big Sam's style of play and think it will take all of two games at the very most to get found out in the Prem, they think that's the only reason Carlton Cole is being kept and Allardyce has been so desperate so sign Andy Carroll he's willing to shift out 2 million just to get him on a season long loan, and sadly they're not that wrong are they!?

I agree about Swansea, I also think QPR too and possibly Norwich, in fact I can see the three who came up last season going down this one, the second season in is always the most difficult and they've all had some significant changes.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 1089
Page:   <<   < prev  33 34 35 36 [37]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion Page: <<   < prev  33 34 35 36 [37]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI