Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 9:33:47 AM   
CORLEONE

Best season ever. What a finish!. Loved Tyler's commentary too. AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 961
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 1:57:54 PM   
kata

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/14/joey-barton-twitter-alan-shearer

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 962
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 1:59:26 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Villa fans alterted that bear does number 2 in woody area.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 963
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 2:13:29 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

lol Joey Barton. He's right about Alan Shearer though, his 'insight' on MOTD tonight slowly drained my will to live whenever he opened his mouth.

Barton has no right whatsoever to criticise anyone, regardless of the accuracy of his views. He blows those rights by acting like the mindless thug that he is. I hope the FA grows a pair and gives him a very lengthy ban.

As for Balotelli, I still like him and I enjoyed watching him go over and try to get stuck in Barton. Yeah, yeah, I know the reaction that will get but Balotelli is nowhere near the prick Barton is and I hope, after the summer, never will be. And frankly it was great to see so many try and put him in his place yesterday.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 964
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 2:20:46 PM   
Olaf

After all the nonsense articles from the media about Mario costing City the title, he only goes and sets up the winner with a wonder pass while flat on the ground. What a hero.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 965
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 2:24:31 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

After all the nonsense articles from the media about Mario costing City the title, he only goes and sets up the winner with a wonder pass while flat on the ground. What a hero.

Couldn't agree more. the dislike for him is way overblown and the man the media are trying to make him out to be is complete nonsense, Barton is that type absolutely but Balotelli, I hope he stays at City because I really enjoy watching him.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 966
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 3:32:24 PM   
Dark Knight

McLeish has just been fired by Villa.

Please god, do NOT let him come to the Albion!!!!

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 967
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 3:37:41 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Things I've enjoyed about the EPL this season:

1. Fabrice Muamba *miracle*
  2. Newcastle's scouting system
  3. Down to the wire finish
  4. Aguero
  5. Swansea and Norwich showing its not just about how much you spend on players, but how you play them
  6. Paul Scholes coming out of retirement
  7. Wenger bouncing back

Some things I didn't enjoy so much

1. Tevezgate
  2. I didn't really think too many young English players had a great season
  3. The Chelsea debacle, the team had another title tilt in them and a 3-way push for the league would have been phenomenal
  4. Villa
  5. Joey Barton's tweets
  6. Some pretty shoddy refereeing over the season

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 14/5/2012 3:38:01 PM >

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 968
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 3:38:45 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

McLeish has just been fired by Villa.

Please god, do NOT let him come to the Albion!!!!

Surprise of the year.

No I think Albion's job is firmly between Hughton and Mackay.

I wonder if Curbs could end up at Villa....

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 969
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 5:20:57 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

Couldn't agree more. the dislike for him is way overblown and the man the media are trying to make him out to be is complete nonsense, Barton is that type absolutely but Balotelli, I hope he stays at City because I really enjoy watching him.

Added to that Balotelli has scored 13 in 23 league appearances. I really wanted Balotelli to destroy Barton. Barton wouldn't stand a chance and everyone would have loved Balotelli for it.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 970
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 5:21:50 PM   
Rinc

Also I've watched the highlights of the end of the games yesterday again and it just astonishes me how amazing that finish was.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 971
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 5:41:53 PM   
matty_b

The thing that impresses me was that Aguero could easily have gone down for a penalty.

Credit to him for having the guts to stay on his feet - how many others would have done that?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 972
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 6:10:22 PM   
horribleives

I'm not gonna defend Barton and I'm quite glad he doesn't play for us anymore but I've noticed in the rush to condemn him in the papers and on telly there's been very little made of the fact that both Aguero and Tevez went down like a pair of schoolgirls (unsurprisingly Kompany, the very definition of a real footballer, stayed firmly on his feet after Barton's powderpuff 'headbutt'). And let's not forget, Tevez lashed out at Barton in the first place.
I know the fact that they won the league was the big story and they throughly deserved it but when it was the other way round and Barton went to ground embarassingly against Arsenal at the beginning of the season it was reported as if his actions (which led to Gervinho getting sent off) symbolised everything wrong with the modern game.
Good luck to City anyway - once the refs and media start going out of their way to give you an easy ride you know you've arrived.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 973
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 6:26:46 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

I'm not gonna defend Barton and I'm quite glad he doesn't play for us anymore but I've noticed in the rush to condemn him in the papers and on telly there's been very little made of the fact that both Aguero and Tevez went down like a pair of schoolgirls (unsurprisingly Kompany, the very definition of a real footballer, stayed firmly on his feet after Barton's powderpuff 'headbutt'). And let's not forget, Tevez lashed out at Barton in the first place.
I know the fact that they won the league was the big story and they throughly deserved it but when it was the other way round and Barton went to ground embarassingly against Arsenal at the beginning of the season it was reported as if his actions (which led to Gervinho getting sent off) symbolised everything wrong with the modern game.
Good luck to City anyway - once the refs and media start going out of their way to give you an easy ride you know you've arrived.

I'm not convinced Tevez lashed out at Barton, it looked to me like he was just trying to get past him to get to the ball. Barton might have got caught but I'm not sure how deliberate it was. Barton, on the other hand, definitely acted deliberately, and while you could argue that they both went down easy it was Barton who gave them the excuse to. There is absolutely no doubt he deserved to be sent off, no doubt he deserves a lengthy suspension and his unrepentant and belligerent attitude since means he can go fuck himself, quite frankly.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 974
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 7:01:18 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

I'm not convinced Tevez lashed out at Barton, it looked to me like he was just trying to get past him to get to the ball. Barton might have got caught but I'm not sure how deliberate it was. Barton, on the other hand, definitely acted deliberately, and while you could argue that they both went down easy it was Barton who gave them the excuse to. There is absolutely no doubt he deserved to be sent off, no doubt he deserves a lengthy suspension and his unrepentant and belligerent attitude since means he can go fuck himself, quite frankly.

I totally agree, but when Barton did it in August he was evil and unsporting for getting another pro sent off, when two of the Champions elect do exactly the same thing it goes virtually un-noticed. And what Aguero had to gain from going down like that when Barton had already been sent off is beyond me. I dunno, we've had plenty of 'bad boys' at my club over the years and the way the press (and specifically the BBC) demonise certain players (and to be fair to City, Balotelli's had his fill too) just gets on my wick.
However, take everything I say with a pinch of salt as there's a chance I may just still be bitter at them bastards for scoring two goals at the end and fucking up my bet.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 975
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 7:10:02 PM   
superdan

quote:

I totally agree, but when Barton did it in August he was evil and unsporting for getting another pro sent off, when two of the Champions elect do exactly the same thing it goes virtually un-noticed. And what Aguero had to gain from going down like that when Barton had already been sent off is beyond me. I dunno, we've had plenty of 'bad boys' at my club over the years and the way the press (and specifically the BBC) demonise certain players (and to be fair to City, Balotelli's had his fill too) just gets on my wick.
However, take everything I say with a pinch of salt as there's a chance I may just still be bitter at them bastards for scoring two goals at the end and fucking up my bet.

I actually thought his knee into Aguero looked quite aggressive (more so than the Tevez foul), and if you've ever been caught in the side of the thigh like that you'll know it doesn't take a lot of effort to cause someone grief. I'm also inclined to think that Aguero has credit in the bank for showing himself to be a bit of a trooper this season. There's been several times this season (including yesterday) where he's not dived when another player might have, so I'm prepared to give him a bit of the benefit of the doubt.

I get the point you're making, and I would agree with you if it were anyone but Barton. The guy is a 5-star dickhead, and I don't think it could be said that anyone got him sent off on this occasion - he definitely got himself sent off. Incidentally, did you see his Twitter ravings against Lineker earlier for having the nerve to point out that he was in the wrong? He is borderline certifiable.

Post #: 976
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 7:13:17 PM   
Professor Moriarty

My recollection of the incident is that Barton kicks (or knees) Aguero quite hard from behind on the back of the leg. I think that as the attack was from behind Aguero wouldn't expect it. And a blow to the back of the leg is always likely to make your leg fold and go down. I didn't see it as soft at all.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 977
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 7:39:20 PM   
Olaf

thoughts on team of the season? It's hard to avoid obvious choices, but for what it's worth:

Michel Vorm

Branislav Ivanovic -------- Vincent Kompany ------------ Laurent Koscielny ---------- Neil Taylor

Mikel Arteta ----------- Yaya Toure ------------- Yohan Cabaye

Sergio Aguero ------- Robin van Persie ----- Clint Dempsey

Bench: Joe Hart, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Fabricio Coloccini, Alex Song, Sebastian Larsson, Juan Mata, Papiss Cisse

< Message edited by Olaf -- 14/5/2012 9:46:14 PM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

Post #: 978
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 8:02:37 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

My recollection of the incident is that Barton kicks (or knees) Aguero quite hard from behind on the back of the leg. I think that as the attack was from behind Aguero wouldn't expect it. And a blow to the back of the leg is always likely to make your leg fold and go down. I didn't see it as soft at all.

True but that's the first time I've seen it cause someone to roll round on the floor in apparent excruciating pain which miraculously wears off seconds later (actually, it's not but you know what I mean). Fair enough, only Aguero knows how hard he hit him but I've seen it a few times and it didn't look all that to me. And while it was definitely a foul on Tevez and a deserved red card his reaction was the type that would be roundly condemned if the other player involved wasn't everyone's favourite bad lad. There were plenty of people in the media rightly calling James Perch a disgrace when he did a similar thing against Liverpool last month yet I've barely heard anyone condemning either of the city players (apart from a few Man U fans, obviously ).
Having said all that, the inconsistency of outrage is part and parcel of football so what the hell. And despite him becoming even more of an un-hinged gobshite since moving south I do enjoy reading Barton's twitter battles (though for your information Joey, Shearer could shit Roy Keane for elevensies).

Post #: 979
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 8:10:30 PM   
Rinc

quote:

And despite him becoming even more of an un-hinged gobshite since moving south I do enjoy reading Barton's twitter battles (though for your information Joey, Shearer could shit Roy Keane for elevensies).

I'm not really sure what Barton is referring to because I remember Keane going psycho at Shearer and Shearer didn't give a shit. He stood his ground and didn't flinch one bit.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 980
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 8:11:44 PM   
superdan

quote:

Having said all that, the inconsistency of outrage is part and parcel of football so what the hell. And despite him becoming even more of an un-hinged gobshite since moving south I do enjoy reading Barton's twitter battles (though for your information Joey, Shearer could shit Roy Keane for elevensies).

I always felt Roy Keane was a flat-track bully, all mouth and no trousers. I remember once reading an interview with Stuart Pearce and they were asking him about 'hard men' in football and his response was that dishing it out isn't hard, taking it is. HE said someone like Shearer or Nigel bloody Clough (his examples) were far tougher than him since they get kicked all over the pitch for 90 minutes and will still be coming back for more, and who's going to argue with Psycho? Not me, that's for sure.

Post #: 981
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 8:20:31 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

My prem team of the season

Michel Vorm

Micah Richards -------- Vincent Kompany ------------ Joleon Lescott ---------- Clichy

Antonio Valencia ----------- Yaya Toure ------------- David Silva

Sergio Aguero ------- Robin van Persie ----- Wayne Rooney

Bench: Joe Hart, Laurent Koscielny, Johnny Evans, Michael Carrick, Clint Dempsey, Juan Mata, Papiss Cisse

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 982
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 8:21:26 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

And despite him becoming even more of an un-hinged gobshite since moving south I do enjoy reading Barton's twitter battles (though for your information Joey, Shearer could shit Roy Keane for elevensies).

I'm not really sure what Barton is referring to because I remember Keane going psycho at Shearer and Shearer didn't give a shit. He stood his ground and didn't flinch one bit.

Yep, if he's on about the fracas at our place in 2002 I seem to recall him cowardly throwing the ball at Shearer from behind then crying like a bairn when he got sent off, not unlike a certain scouse philosopher yesterday...

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 983
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 8:25:34 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

My prem team of the season

Michel Vorm

Micah Richards -------- Vincent Kompany ------------ Joleon Lescott ---------- Clichy

Antonio Valencia ----------- Yaya Toure ------------- David Silva

Sergio Aguero ------- Robin van Persie ----- Wayne Rooney

Bench: Joe Hart, Laurent Koscielny, Johnny Evans, Michael Carrick, Clint Dempsey, Juan Mata, Papiss Cisse

He's no good on the bench - to paraphrase Sam Neil in Jurassic Park '...Cisse doesn't want to be fed. Cisse wants to hunt...'

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 984
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 8:42:58 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

On the subject of Roy Keane,seriously the bloke doesn't shut-up.
Every other week theres a story out about how badly he was treated at United,yeah Keano I suppose you demanding 50k in 2000 and holding the club at ransom was all in the best interests of United.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1309&dat=19991210&id=-01OAAAAIBAJ&sjid=axQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1663,238554

Post #: 985
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 11:07:36 PM   
Skiba

Steve Kean ranting about Sam Allardyce and about how he "found" Phil Jones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xcB9XfLjL8&feature=youtu.be

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 986
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 11:23:52 PM   
horribleives

Oh dear. Though I can't help but warm to anyone who slags off Allardyce. Albeit in a potentially libellous manner.
Wonder if he paid up the hundred quid?

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 987
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 14/5/2012 11:42:42 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Is this a f*cking joke?
This is disgracefull,especially what has happened this season with regards to Boltons Muamba and the unfortunate death of Livorno's Morosini.

Edit: City have apologised to United.

Post #: 988
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 15/5/2012 12:23:54 AM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

Added to that Balotelli has scored 13 in 23 league appearances. I really wanted Balotelli to destroy Barton. Barton wouldn't stand a chance and everyone would have loved Balotelli for it.

Damn right. I don't want to see football players fight but I would have loved Balotelli to have floored Barton, no-one in world football deserves it more in my eyes. Yes Barton wasn't wholly to blame for yesterday but the problem is, is it's Barton and he has an ongoing reputation both on and off the field for this kind of behaviour and this kind of attitude so tough luck I'm afraid, you will get rounded on even if your not 100% to blame.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 989
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 15/5/2012 11:06:01 AM   
Toby Monroe

Great Season.

Mental scorelines
Fellaini now smiles, and speaks English (kind of)
Liverpool's PR
Liverpool fans '2 cups and 4th will still be a good season'
Terry Connor's permanently perplexed countenance
Ambitious Mark Hughes taking over QPR when they were 17th, spending 10,000,000, and finishing...17th
Liam Gallagher been only marginally taller than Maradona.
Swansea and their apparent great passing game. If passing the ball between yourselves in your own half and going nowhere is great then er...great. And if you do eventually make into the opposition's half, most likely due to the fact that the opposition has fallen asleep, you then just revert to kick and rush like all the other teams.
Alan Green moaning about Chinese journalists.
The way the players came together to show their collective respect to Muamba. And then promptly went back to trying cheat their way to points, goals, corners, freekicks, etc etc. Amazing respect for your fellow professionals.
And Barton, the thinking woman's pikelet.

West Ham fans gave me the biggest laugh. Bless 'em.

Fit or Fugly score: 3/10

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 990
Page:   <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI