Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 17/9/2011 3:48:00 PM   
directorscut

These scores are depressing. All the teams I like are losing (except Newcastle).

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 61
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 17/9/2011 6:43:32 PM   
directorscut

If ManUre, Spurs and Stoke win tomorrow this could very well be the worst weekend in the history of the PL!

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 62
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 17/9/2011 8:26:23 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

If ManUre, Spurs and Stoke win tomorrow this could very well be the worst weekend in the history of the PL!

I kind of get that you might not like those teams, but the 3 promoted teams all win, a 7 goal game between two managers under pressure, goals in every game. You really are glass half empty guy.

Post #: 63
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 18/9/2011 12:19:53 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

Grow up.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 64
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 18/9/2011 8:06:32 PM   
directorscut

Worst weekend ever.

At least Stoke got trashed.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 65
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 18/9/2011 8:07:35 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Arsenal with a big game at home to Bolton next weekend. A slip there and they'll be in the relegation zone.

Post #: 66
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 24/9/2011 6:47:10 PM   
directorscut

I love Stoke!

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 67
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 25/9/2011 4:52:36 PM   
Skiba

QPR all over Villa much like against Newcastle and playing some really nice stuff but I just can't see where their goals are gonna come from...aside from a wonder goal from Taraabt or the like

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 68
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 25/9/2011 6:34:08 PM   
Mojo

Richard Dunne's own goal just won me 268! Poor bastard made me a happy man!

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 69
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 25/9/2011 7:07:28 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

Richard Dunne's own goal just won me 268! Poor bastard made me a happy man!

Good work! More own goals than any other player apparently

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 70
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 29/9/2011 3:38:45 PM   
Goodfella

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15113912.stm

I see this hasn't been brought up yet. Guess not a lot can be said given it's very early in the proceedings but am I correct in saying it was Bramble who's brother was arrested earlier in the year for rape?

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 71
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 29/9/2011 4:03:55 PM   
galvatron

Bramble was also arrested for rape in the past but nothing was upheld. I don't know if this new incident is related to the first arrest or not. 

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 72
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 29/9/2011 8:31:15 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Bramble was also arrested for rape in the past but nothing was upheld. I don't know if this new incident is related to the first arrest or not. 

Ah, yes, I remember that now, thought I felt a bit of deja vu when I first read this story. Who knows, it is commonplace for footballers to be accused, Carlton Cole had to go through a major case of it when he was on loan to us and was eventually cleared.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 73
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 2/10/2011 11:04:36 PM   
directorscut

Tony Poulis accusing another team of playing rugby?

Ahahahahahaha. 

Oh, mercy.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 74
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 5/10/2011 9:02:27 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Cracking start to the league this season. Great time to have a little reflection while the internationals are on.

No surprises that Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan are at the bottom of the table. All 3 teams have lost good players over the summer (Sturridge and Cleverly returning back to their clubs from loan spells and Jones joining Utd). Bolton have had a brutal start to the season in terms of fixtures, but have been on a poor run of form since Stoke mullered them in the FA Cup semi-final. Steve Kean is under ridiculous pressure at Blackburn. I think two of those teams will find it hard to pull themselves out of the drop.

Speaking of managers under pressure, Steve Bruce continues to confound with some of his tactics and substitutions. I'm not sure its entirely fair to say he spent a hell of a lot over the summer as I think Sunderland are probably close to break even over the last year, but I can't really work out what the team is about. He also seems to be disenfranchising himself from the fans. A manager who might be keeping a close eye on the internationals is Roy Hodgson, who might be secretly hoping that Nigeria don't beat Guinea, so he doesn't lose Odemwingie to the African Cup of Nations.

Arsenal are still in a kind of freefall. Not only have they lost their two of their best players (with others out injured), but there seems to be no team spirit or will to win left in the squad. I thought they really needed to beat Spurs to put some oomph back in their season, arguably they played some of the better football, but only one team really wanted it and sadly for the rest of their season, that wasn't Arsenal.

Wolves, Everton and Fulham are all doing what they do best, scrabbling round mid-table with limited squads.

Its fun to see the 3 promoted teams in comfortable positions, but we've seen Burnley and Blackpool there in previous seasons. QPR looked like they'd just managed to do their summer shopping in time and then got hammered by Fulham (I just hope their players were asking Barton how much he's on again, as goals 5 and 6 rolled in). Swansea don't score many, but along with City are also the only team not to have conceded at home and they do play some nice football. Lambert will be rueing the fact that his team didn't have enough confidence to beat Utd who were there for the scalping.

You can't deny that Stoke have a plan now and are assembling a nice squad. Villa are unbeaten and if their unpopular manager can continue to get results from Agbonlahor and others then it will be a good season for them.

Spurs have had a rough start to the season, but between them Harry and Levy have sorted out 4 big problems: Goalkeeper, Modric, Holding Midfielder and Striker. I continue to cry that King's career has been so beset by injury he is a fantastic player when he can take the pitch. If I were a Spurs fan I'd not be happy with a finish outside the top 4.

King Kenny still has his work cut out with Carroll. There's nothing wrong with the lad other than his price tag, but watching him in their last game, he was pretty much always running left when the rest of the team was going right, he didn't put it about enough and wasn't working well with Suarez. Other than that, its a very good squad.

Newcastle are now showing that Ashley had a plan all along. To their credit, they made some gambles in their transfer policy this summer, but at the moment they are mostly paying off. Can't see them going the distance in the EPL, but they should take a long hard look at the FA Cup.

AVB is quickly, methodically and impressively sorting out Chelsea and he obviously doesn't fancy Lampard, having only started him in 6 of their 7 games I think But the midfield is looking slick. I think after the break, the team will be in so much form we'll forget if Torres is scoring or not (though I can't help but think how often AVB wishes the money hadn't been spent and he'd been able to bring Falcao with him).

City have been the standouts, their squad is so silly rich that even when a couple of leading players are out there are other equally excellent players ready to step in (or stay sat on the bench). I just think that squad will be too much for other teams.

Utd are doing what they do best, playing off the self-belief of Ferguson. But their goal is coming under increasing threat and that's because the midfield is not quite working right now. Cleverly seemed to give it more zip, without him it looks ordinary in the middle. But I love watching Nani and Rooney looks fit, up for it and hirsute.

Predictions based on early form:

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Man Utd
4. Spurs
5. Liverpool
6. Aston Villa
18. Swansea
19. Wigan
20. Blackburn

Post #: 75
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 5/10/2011 9:16:41 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Man Utd
4. Spurs
5. Liverpool
6. Aston Villa

Swap Villa for the Toon and by jove you've got it!

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 76
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 5/10/2011 9:28:32 PM   
impqueen

quote:

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Man Utd
4. Spurs
5. Liverpool
6. Aston Villa
18. Swansea
19. Wigan
20. Blackburn

Yes, always.

Post #: 77
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 5/10/2011 10:41:25 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Man Utd
4. Spurs
5. Liverpool
6. Aston Villa
18. Swansea
19. Wigan
20. Blackburn

Switch Citeh and Utd around, then Citeh and Blackburn, and I'd be one happy bunny.

Post #: 78
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 16/10/2011 5:35:33 PM   
Piles

Disappointing result for Wolves this morning. Had loads of possession but no killer instinct or creative spark.

What?

Just me?

Oh, okay.

Top 100 Moz Songs / Top 100 Films

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 79
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 16/10/2011 6:08:33 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Piles

Disappointing result for Wolves this morning. Had loads of possession but no killer instinct or creative spark.

What?

Just me?

Oh, okay.

I like both teams and want both to stay up. In matches like this it's bittersweet when one wins. Why couldn't both be good sports and play for a draw?

(in reply to Piles)
Post #: 80
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 16/10/2011 6:08:39 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Didn't see the Wolves game (seems like a good weekend of football, so shame I was busy both days). But I'm kind of pleased that WBA won, I think Roy was coming under a bit of pressure that was unnecessary and that result will help him.

Trouble for Wigan now. They've drawn two and won one against the three promoted teams and have since failed to take a point. Bolton had looked leakier than a sieve and that's a hard loss at home. Martinez showed his loyalty over the summer, so I don't expect Whelan to show him the door yet, but this was never going to be an easy season for Wigan and its looking harder than they might have thought still.

Speaking of managers in trouble. I can't see Bruce sacked after losing to Arsenal away, but a huge test next week away to Bolton who will be looking to build on yesterday's win and bring their season on track.

(in reply to Piles)
Post #: 81
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 16/10/2011 7:11:02 PM   
directorscut

I don't get the whole "Martinez is great and Wigan play great football" hype. They've been crap whenever I've seen them.

I had a feeling Bolton would struggle this year if they didn't fix their defense. Their defense were equally poor towards the end of last season but Sturridge's goals help them immensely, without them I think they would have been a lot closer to relegation than they ultimately were. To be fair though they've had an awful start to the season fixture wise and a horrible spate of injuries.

Post #: 82
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 18/10/2011 11:27:33 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

I don't get the whole "Martinez is great and Wigan play great football" hype. They've been crap whenever I've seen them.

Neither do their fans by the stats I've seen. I know its oft said that Wigan is a rugby league town, but they aren't even playing now are they? So, I'd kind of expect if they were playing good football and had something to offer they'd have a few fans there. Latest attendance I've seen is an average of 17,682 on a capacity of 25,138. So that is 70% attendance, which is the lowest in the league, at the league's second smallest ground.

Blackburn, Villa (that surprised me) and Blackburn are also under 80%. And Newcastle up in 4th and allegedly home of such amazing fans is only 87%. Is there some work being done there, not chilly enough yet for the fans or should I be questioning these stats? http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/PR/attend.html

Post #: 83
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 19/10/2011 7:20:46 PM   
Skiba

To be fair to Blackburn they'd have to have everyone who lives in Blackburn to turn up to fill the ground and the same goes for Wigan really...although you'd expect them to attract a few more as sort of established Prem clubs perhaps not for long though

Post #: 84
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 21/10/2011 9:18:31 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Top top weekend of games.

Stoke are supposedly the kind of physical team that Arsenal don't like. But they also played just last night and haven't managed to score many away from home, so I think Arsenal should take this one.

Villa are coming off the back of a poor result against Chelsea, but should have more than enough at home to beat Brom.

One home win and three home losses is not the kind of record Blackburn will want facing Spurs. A few injuries for Spurs, but if they don't take this then they need shooting.

Bolton can also lay the smack down on Sunderland and Bruce could be gone by Monday morning.

Fulham Everton is the kind of 14 vs. 15 game I really couldn't care about.

But I'm going to have a sneaky couple of quid on Norwich surprising Liverpool at Anfield. Though beaten 2-0 at Utd, Norwich showed they aren't really scared of the big teams and a win for them would be a surprise, but not a complete shock.

Man Utd vs. Man City. In the Community Shield (which we all know is meaningless) Utd were getting schooled by City until Cleverley came on and changed the game. They don't have Cleverly and I think City will take this by two goals.

A home game against struggling Wigan is the kind of banana skin that Newcastle teams can't help stepping on, but not this season.

Chelsea are moving through the gears like a top range car and I expect them to give QPR a schooling without having to get out of 3rd.

Wolves have lost a whole host of games on the bounce, but Swansea can't win away, so I expect Wolves to shave this.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 85
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 22/10/2011 1:14:10 PM   
superdan

Post #: 86
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 22/10/2011 1:24:31 PM   
superdan

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 87
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 22/10/2011 3:21:44 PM   
directorscut

Bloody Alan Hutton.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 88
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 22/10/2011 3:41:55 PM   
directorscut

I am now a firm believer in karma.

Post #: 89
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 22/10/2011 3:51:24 PM   
Goodfella

Phil Dowd has landed himself in the heat up at Villa Park apparently. No-one can make any sense of this sending off of Chris Herd and apparently there's been a couple of goals ruled out as well so that's going to be fun on MOTD later on. 

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI