Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 20/6/2011 9:38:31 AM   
Sinatra

The fixtures are out so it's that time of the year again!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/fixtures/default.stm

Many questions need answers... can Utd be reborn yet again under Sir Alex and storm to yet another title? who will be the Chelsea Manager? will Arsenal finally spend some money and which players can they hold on to? Will Man City finally come of age on the biggest stage of all... can Kenny pull off some sort of miracle and get Liverpool back into the big time? were Spurs a 1 season wonder? and will Torres actually score some goals this season??

I can't wait!

< Message edited by Sinatra -- 20/6/2011 9:39:44 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 20/6/2011 10:01:07 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Isn't it brilliant to look down a fixture list that is untouched by TV intervention and see all those Saturday 3pm kickoffs I'm really missing football already. The golf at the weekend, the cricket and Wimbledon all provide some passing interest, but its just not the same.

My tip to watch last season were Bolton. I was really interested to see how the team would change with Coyle in charge and they were doing pretty well until they were absolutely hammered by Stoke in the FA Cup semi final and then had an amazingly dismal end of season performance to see them finish just 14th.

At this early stage I'm going to pick out Everton as the team I'll be looking out for next season. They've had a few seasons now where they've played great football in one half of a season and just had a miserable time in the other half. If Moyes could put that together, they could certainly hand out a few bloody noses. Of course, their problem is always going to be budget and if a couple of Baines, Fallaini, Rodwell and Arteta were to move on then my interest may decline.

Again, early doors, but I'm going to say that Utd will win the league.

I think Chelsea have a lot of sorting out to do. I'm not saying they are a club in crisis, but even taking all the media transfer stories with a pinch of salt, they seem to be in a bit of a mess with regards to knowing what players they want to keep, as much as get in, and obviously not having a manager in place isn't going to help them here.

Man City, I'm just not a fan of their style of football and I have hopes they will implode a bit and struggle to finish top 4.

My questions about Arsenal are less about whether the team can do it or not (they really need strengthening) and more about whether Wenger can still do it and is he mentally still able for it.

Liverpool made a great signing in Suarez, but can Carroll really step up and lead that team from the front?

Norwich have the most amazing manager in Lambert. They are this season's Burnley / Blackpool with regards to the budget they will be operating on. The question is whether the board will have more courage than either of those teams in the January transfer window, i.e. if they are doing okay, will they bring in another couple of players to try to stay up, rather than looking at being in a good financial position if they go down?

QPR and Swansea are still pretty much unknown elements to me, but I find it hard to see Warnock winning many neutrals over and I'd be backing him to be the first manager to get the chop.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 2
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 20/6/2011 10:13:59 AM   
impqueen

Guus Hiddink Manager of the Year, Torres Golden Boot.

I'm excited about Swansea I think they played some excellent football last year and hope that they can maintain that style in the Premiership and I'm also curious about Liverpool this year.

Other than that I would like a scandal massive idiot free season for Chelsea, no chance I know but one can hope.

< Message edited by impqueen -- 20/6/2011 10:14:25 AM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 3
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 20/6/2011 10:15:46 AM   
matty_b

Too early to guess who'll win the league as there will still be lots of buying and selling to be done, but I'll stick my neck out and say Steve Bruce will be the first managerial casualty of the year.

Second tip is that Dalglish will soon discover that Liverpool play better without Carroll than with.

< Message edited by matty_b -- 20/6/2011 10:19:54 AM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 4
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 20/6/2011 10:25:34 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Too early to guess who'll win the league as there will still be lots of buying and selling to be done, but I'll stick my neck out and say Steve Bruce will be the first managerial casualty of the year.

So, 1 vote for Warnock. 1 vote for Bruce - which I can't see, top half finish last season despite losing Bent and I just don't see Niall Quinn firing people.

Anymore bets? Come on guys, we can practically see the cross-bred chicken / vultures circling over Steve Kean's head already.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 5
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 20/6/2011 1:16:58 PM   
matty_b

True, I had forgotten about Kean.

The thing is with Bruce, the last half of the season was a collapse, they're leaking their best players and the rumoured new arrivals don't inspire much confidence. Quinn might not be the firing sort, but I can see this coming from over his head.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 6
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 20/6/2011 4:04:40 PM   
directorscut

01.  Arsenal
02.  Liverpool
03.  Man City
04.  Chelsea

18. Aston Villa
19. One of the promoted teams
20. Newcastle.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 7
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 20/6/2011 4:34:14 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

01.  Arsenal

lol

United for the title again. Wolves (as much as I love Micko), Swansea (though it's always impossible to predict which way some of the promoted teams go), Blackburn for the drop.

also, it fills me with nostalgic joy to see Norwich back in the PL. they'll probably go down again but I miss them in the top flight.

< Message edited by Olaf -- 20/6/2011 4:35:43 PM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 8
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 20/6/2011 4:53:32 PM   
Scott_

Couldn't call the title race really but I'd expect Man United to be favourites (again...) but if De Gea fails to settle quickly and they don't get a creative midfielder then it could be anyone of Arsenal (depending on the purchase of defenders who actually know how to defend and aren't french) Chelsea and Man Citeh could seriously challenge if Mancini plays attacking football which I think he will with the Champions League in the bag.

Liverpool could make a push at a stretch but that depends on them getting quality wingers (not Downing...more Mata) and a left back, if they manage to get those and sign Christian Zapata who could be immense then Liverpool could be dark horses. Another striker wouldn't hurt them either....As for relegation Norwich, QPR and Wigan.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 20/6/2011 4:59:01 PM   
superdan

I agree that Wolves are probably going down this season. The one area of the team that needs serious work - the defence - has been completely ignored so far (oh, no, wait, the 35-year-old Craddock has signed a contract extension ), and unless at least two decent, reliable defenders arrive it'll be a very long season. There's only so much Christophe 'Pulls-Yer-Shirt' Berra and Richard 'Scrambler' Stearman can do. Probably Wigan and Swansea to join Wolves for the drop.

Utd the team to beat again, Man City possibly taking second if the Italian George Graham gets his team of chisellers and want-aways playing as well as they could.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 10
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 21/6/2011 2:10:49 PM   
JIm R

Top Six

1 Manchester United
2 Liverpool
3 Manchester City  
4 Chelsea
5 Arsenal
6 Tottenham Hotspur

Bottom Three

18 Norwich City
19 Swansea
20 Wigan Athletic

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 11
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 21/6/2011 2:25:04 PM   
Rinc

This depends on Tevez and if he stays/who replaces him, but I'm goiing to plump for Man City to win the title. They managed third by playing interminable football for a lot of last season and if they can just break out of the shackles just slightly then I can see them winning it. Other than that I don't think we have enough to challenge for the title yet, it really depends on which wingers we buy, but even then I think this might be a season too soon. Man Utd are making a lot of nice signings so it will be interesting to see how they do but I think their success if dependent on a creative midfielder. Chelsea will no doubt be up there but whereas Man Utd seem to have a clear direction on a system and the players they need, Chelsea seem a bit lost. Maybe Boas can change that.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 12
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 23/6/2011 11:45:30 AM   
Toby Monroe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/fixtures/default.stm

Many questions need answers...

Will the 'young and ambitious' manager Mark Hughes find a job?

What a tool.

Fit or Fugly score: 3/10

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 13
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 23/6/2011 1:37:26 PM   
CORLEONE

1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Man City
4. Liverpool

18. QPR
19. Blackburn
20. Norwich

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Toby Monroe)
Post #: 14
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 27/6/2011 8:56:18 PM   
Hardcore Raver

Well, up until a couple of weeks ago I was really missing the football, but ever since McLeish has been installed as manager at Villa I'm kind of dreading the start of the season. I don't think we'll be relegated but who knows. After all, in the two-and-a-half seasons McLeish has been a Premier League manager, he's been relegated twice.

Anyway, away from depressing myself talking about The Villa, I think that Man Utd will win the league again. Ashley Young will be a great buy, and will top the table for assists at the end of the season. Liverpool will move back into the top four at the expense of either Arsenal or Man City (Waiting to see who City buy and how quickly they can adapt to the Premier League). Spurs will slip back down the table and finish eighth at best, as Harry Redknapp completely loses interest as the inevitable offer of the England job moves ever nearer. Stoke will definitely finish in the top half, and I'm also going to stick a tenner on them winning the Europa League. I don't know enough about any of the three promoted teams to make any predictions, but I would have thought that QPR will be ok, as if they're struggling after Christmas, they can just throw a load of money at anybody who might help them stay up (it worked for us last season), after a fairly stable season Newcastle are in danger of becoming the most entertaining team for the wrong reasons again, and West Brom, Wolves and Wigan will all struggle, with at least one going down.

Love Football. Hate FIFA.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 15
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 28/6/2011 12:30:59 PM   
Goodfella

1. Man Utd
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham

18. Wigan
19. Norwich
20. Blackburn

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 28/6/2011 12:31:37 PM >

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Hardcore Raver)
Post #: 16
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 28/6/2011 3:08:32 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

01. Arsenal
02. Liverpool
03. Man City
04. Chelsea

18. Aston Villa
19.One of the promoted teams
20. Newcastle.

I could sadly see this happening to us if our new signings all turn out to be duds. With no Nolan. Enrique, or (likely) Barton, to say nothing of the very real possibility the Fat Cockney Crook flogs the likes of Guttierez and Collocini before the start of the season (and Tiote and Ben Arfa in January), things could get very 2009 if Cabaye, Marveaux etc haven't got what it takes.
Oh and as for the sack-race - you can hoy Pardew in as a knocking bet simply because he's Newcastle manager. It's what they do.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 17
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 15/7/2011 9:42:21 AM   
JIm R

I can see Villa really struggling, lost both Young and Downing and Bent will have to do it all himself it would appear.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 18
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 15/7/2011 10:49:21 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I actually think N'Zogbia can be a much more potent player than Downing (and I quite like Downing). So, I can see them surviving losing Downing, and they have plenty of money still to get someone else who wants to join them for a year or two before moving to a bigger club

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 19
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 19/7/2011 12:38:53 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Just because I'm bored, half-way through the closed-season, here's my thoughts on the teams.

Arsenal
Last season it was all about losing opportunities for Arsenal. This closed season, it seems all about losing players. Wenger may well keep one (or even both of Nasri and Cesc), but I really worry about whether the Arsenal players' hearts are in it any more. I think it will be a tough season for Arsene, even if he's strengthened the team already by sending Denilson out on loan

Villa
Having lost both Young and Downing (and getting well paid for them) I don't see why they'd be screwing about over 1M for N'Zogbia who I believe can do a job for them. I've great respect for Given, that should be a good buy. If the fans give McLeish a chance, the manager doesn't succumb to his want to play too defensive and Villa find a way to feed Bent, I think they could have a surprisingly good season.

Blackburn
Have got to be prime relegation candidates. Apparently they need to lose players before they can extend their bank loan and buy. And silly predictions of Champs League football must be way off now. I don't see goals in the team and think they'll struggle.

Bolton
Will need a good start after their collapse at the end of last season. Could still lose a couple of players and unless they can pull off another loan deal or Klasnic finally finds his scoring boots they could also struggle to score.

Chelsea
Seem to have had a quiet off-season so far (for Chelsea). Their new manager is smart enough to find a way that the team can play to Torres, but with Essien out for the season I do worry that another injury to Lampard will be a problem for them, even if Benayoun will be like a new signing. I'm expecting a late flurry of transfer activity from Chelsea.

Everton
The only surprise Everton have left to deliver is which half of the season they will be good in and which half they'll be relegation fodder.

Fulham
Probably will have played 20 games in Europe before the season kicks off. Jol has a squad that should be safe in the league, but I don't expect much more.

Liverpool
Suarez will provide the flair, Carroll the battering ram. I think a lot will depend on the first 5 games for 'pool. I like what Dalglish has done with the squad, which now has options. No Liverpool fan will tell you that the team is there yet, but I think they've made a big step forward and have some great potential coming through.

Man City
This is the season for their players to prove they went there for the vision, not just the pay cheque. I actually think that Champions League football will benefit the team's development as their are more chances to keep the squad happy, and that seemed to be a major challenge for the manager last season. Balotelli was talking the right talk at the end of last season, Dzeko I'm still not sure about, but who'd not want to see Aguero in the EPL?

Man Utd
I played in mid-field once in a school yard kick about. I'm also possibly the only player in that position not to have been linked with a move to Man Utd. Fergie did wonders with his squad last year, but unless he buys another 2 players I doubt if even he can pull that off again.

Newcastle
Out with the old, in with the young could be a very risky strategy at Newcastle. Ben Arfa will be like a new signing, and if Demba Ba stays fit they'll have goals. Should never be in danger of going down, so should really look for that cup run that means so much to Newcastle fans.

Norwich
I know nothing about, other than their manager is meant to be ace, but he's not going to be given much to work with, is he?

QPR
I also know nothing about, other than we all love to hate their manager. Who I'm expecting to be the first casualty of the season.

Stoke
Pulis struggled for once to motivate his team in the FA Cup Final. Like some other teams, I can see them struggling for goals this season. I see there is talk of Crouch possibly going there, which will have football fans all over the world reaching for the remote when they are on match of the day.

Sunderland
In a cunning strategy of stopping Man Utd being the worst Man Utd team for 25 years, Fergie is selling his worst players to Sunderland so they can actually be the worst Man Utd team. Having said that, there's worst teams in the EPL and if Gyan stays fit this season they'll do okay.

Tottenham
Has Harry bought anyone yet? I'm getting awfully worried for him. With a group of strikers who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, I'm still expecting Modric to join Chelsea for cash plus Drogba / Anelka / Sturridge

WBA
With 15 goals for West Brom last season, I'm surprised no-one has made a move for Odemwingie. Keep him and Roy keeps them up.

Wigan
Amazinly still in the EPL. Surely this can't last. I think Dave Whelan can see the inevitable coming and he'll sell off Rodallega and anyone else he can get good money for (well, just N'Zogbia and Rodellega then) before they go down.

Wolves
I can never help but think that Mick is like anti-lucky. I mean he just doesn't look like the type who'd be walking down the road and find a 50 quid note on the floor. Seriously, would you go to a casino and stand next to Mick, he'd be like The Cooler if he touched you. I reckon they'd win twice as many games without him, but then life just wouldn't be the same.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 19/7/2011 1:03:26 PM >

Post #: 20
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 19/7/2011 2:09:38 PM   
JIm R

Good work PM

The quality at the bottom of the table is more widespread then ever, reckon will be up for a massive scramble to stay up this year.

Post #: 21
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 19/7/2011 2:22:36 PM   
Scott_

I wouldn't call it quality at the bottom.

My only hope for this season is that Stoke get relegated along with Aston Villa (if they start playing like Birmingham that is) and whoever the fuck else decides to play boring football...which could be half the league.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 22
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 19/7/2011 7:12:07 PM   
Saltire

I think the chase for the title this year will be interesting as I expect City to be pushing all the way for it now especially if they get Aguero. Man Utd will have something to say on that ofc and if they get Sneider then they will probably win it again. Not sure on Chelsea tbh, I wanna see who else they bring in first before I think they will be challenging fully; the manager says and does the right things and he is no muppet plus I expect Torres to be back to near his best this year, but who'll partner him and provide the balls in midfield? Arsenal will struggle to get to the top four this season when they lose Fabregas unless Wenger gets real quality in, but he's leaving it a bit late to do so. Liverpool will get that final CL spot I think, as Kenny is as shrewd as they come, knows how to win and with one or two extra decent squad signings, expect them to be up there. Spurs to get sixth I'd say, especially if they lose Modric, and Everton to get seventh with Fulham just behind, then Villa.

1. Man U
2. Man C
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool
5. Arsenal
6. Spurs
7. Everton
8. Fulham
9. Villa
10. Sunderland

< Message edited by Saltire -- 19/7/2011 7:13:43 PM >

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 23
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 20/7/2011 1:27:23 PM   
DeppBurtonAlliance

1st Man Utd
2nd Chelsea
3rd Man City
4th Liverpool

Relegated: Swansea, Norwich, Wolves.

< Message edited by DeppBurtonAlliance -- 20/7/2011 1:28:40 PM >

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 24
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 20/7/2011 2:55:42 PM   
gazpop

Hmmm hmmm and thrice hmmmm. Nice to see everyone sticking their tuppence-worth in. It's why we're here isn't it? Well, like much of last year, I can't see one team romping away with it. Though there is still a closer gap than years of old twixt top 5/6 and belowers, I think the gap might be a little wider this year.

The leading pack will be away in the distance by NYE. Whether Spurs will be part of it this year, who knows. He needs to swap Modric (who is desperate to leave) for Drog or Anelka plus cash. I really don't think it's safe to predict the top 5 this year. Or rather safe or easy, because we just don't know yet if Man U will find the midfield play-maker they're missing.
Whether Liverpool's new midfield will gel (we know have 3 of the best 8 performing midfielders of last season), Or even what possible formation he will play! Downing on left. Kuyt on right? Hendersen and Adam in middle? Gerard behind Suarez? Little Luis is gonna be knackered after the Copa. Might need to give him 3 weeks off til the 2nd game as we can't risk anything happening to him.

Whether Man City's galacticos are in it for the long run if it gets tough early and whether Arsenal lose Cesc AND Nasri (panic in the discio time). As for Chelsea, well, if I had to pick one team, I mean HAD to, I guess I would go for them. They must be gutted that the big man is out (for the season?) and praying Lamps has a good one. Torres is gonna HAVE to start scoring for them or let Anelka/Drogba show him how it's done. How he and either of those 2 link up will be vital. Both Man Utd and Chelsea's defences look pretty tight. Let's hope the new kid at Man Utd lets it go to his head and starts scoring at the wrong end.

Obviouslty being a Liverpool fan I want us to do well. But after the recent disappointments I only hope we can be a little more consistent, make it to the Champs League top 4, and push on next year from there. Having said that, I think everyone will agree that we're gonna be the most interesting to watch (for the first few games at least).

PS-I have started a league in The Sun official fantasy football league and anyone is free to PM me and I can give them the pin number and password but last year we used the Barclays Prem league fantasy football league and it seemed a little bit more hands-on, a little more involved. Thing is, I don't think it's open for registration quite yet. Having said that, anyone wanting to get in on the Sun act with me in my league is welcome to ping me.

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to DeppBurtonAlliance)
Post #: 25
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 22/7/2011 12:22:19 PM   
DeppBurtonAlliance

Spurs Transfers:

Friedel!? - Could they not have signed a keeper with a few more seasons in him.

It's probably best to let Modric go instead of leaving him to play dreary season, and squeeze Drogba into the deal. Or better yet shift him to Man City for Adebayor.
I'd love to see Michel Bastos at White Hart Lane, playing LB and providing cover for Bale when he gets injured again.
Heiko Westermann is a top player who as far as i know isnt being courted by the top teams. He could team up with Dawson for a consistent set of CBs this season.
And finally i would very much like to see Keisuke Honda in the Premier League.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 26
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 22/7/2011 12:28:29 PM   
gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeppBurtonAlliance

Spurs Transfers:

It's probably best to let Modric go instead of leaving him to play dreary season, and squeeze Drogba into the deal. Or better yet shift him to Man City for Adebayor.
I'd love to see Michel Bastos at White Hart Lane, playing LB and providing cover for Bale when he gets injured again.
Heiko Westermann is a top player who as far as i know isnt being courted by the top teams. He could team up with Dawson for a consistent set of CBs this season.

Is that the brother of Edmund from Streetfighter? Is the 100 hand slap allowed in the Premiership?

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

Post #: 27
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 22/7/2011 12:39:11 PM   
DeppBurtonAlliance

If they're going to allow Street Fighter chracters in the PL someone needs to sign Sagat up front. Not even Casillas can stop those kicks.

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeppBurtonAlliance

Spurs Transfers:

[/qu

If they're going to allow Street Fighter chracters in the PL someone needs to sign Sagat up front. Not even Casillas can stop those kicks.

< Message edited by DeppBurtonAlliance -- 22/7/2011 12:40:17 PM >

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 28
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 5/8/2011 12:54:59 PM   
Professor Moriarty

So, what (if anything) do you think we will learn from the Community Shield game on Sunday?

Its obviously a friendly, but you kind of get the feeling that the stakes might be higher than in many seasons. City are the up and comers and many are tipping the team, now enhanced with Aguero, to push for the title this season. SAF will play down the importance of the match, but you can't imagine he'll be happy with the noisy neighbours making too much noise, particularly off the back of that FA Cup semi-final defeat that lead to the 35 years banner not being updated this season.

I'm expecting that Utd will put out more of an experimental side than City, and for the new signings to get an airing. We can't learn much from pre-season friendlies, but I watched City play Inter and they were pretty good value for their 3-0 win. My hope (for the good of the EPL) is that City win 4-1, unpicked by Silva, while Rooney comes deeper and deeper with not much forward momentum for Utd, that will spur Utd on to finalising the Sneijder signing.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 5/8/2011 12:56:39 PM >

Post #: 29
RE: Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion - 5/8/2011 2:18:15 PM   
directorscut

If I were a Bolton player I'd be bricking myself. 

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> Premier League 2011-2012 Results & Discussion Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI