Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Russell Crowe Joining Superman?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Russell Crowe Joining Superman? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russell Crowe Joining Superman? - 16/6/2011 1:07:58 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Think about it. - 16/6/2011 9:19:03 AM   
lukeyboy

That would be the best bit of casting ever if true. It's right out of leftfield, and Crowe is someone I would never have associated with the role - but it's an absolutely inspired choice. Screw the haters, Zack Snyder has never failed to dissapoint (me)!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!
Post #: 2
RE: Think about it. - 16/6/2011 1:30:48 PM   
burtbondy

So its leftfield For Crowe to be in a commercial film? I dont think so. I was'nt surprised in the least. Makes perfect sense to me.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 3
Good but... - 16/6/2011 3:29:54 PM   
Cyberleader

How great would Al Pacino have been in the role? Pretty awesome!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 4
RE: Good but... - 16/6/2011 7:04:36 PM   
JIm R

Crowe is amazing casting, there really has been a huge amount of work done in this area, am so excited for this.

(in reply to Cyberleader)
Post #: 5
super? - 17/6/2011 5:26:32 PM   
leroythemasochist

not so sure. i like crowe, like superman, happy that costner's in there too (way under rated if you ask me) but i still don't think it'll fly (sorry!) as a movie.
Problem is this: It's been killed already. in 1978 you just got a classic movie. A real, good, fun yet intelligent movie. With the best superhero actor of all time (and a damn fine actor out of cape and tights too) in the lead.
Add into this John Williams score and it was pretty unbeatable.
It's just another reboot/rehash/can we squeeze some more money out of the same old character and story.
Enough already! Isn't the world tired of all these shit superhero movies yet? What's so super about them anyway?

Post #: 6
Superman's Dad... - 17/6/2011 11:52:16 PM   
Diz

Good choice.... Was wondering why he'd decided to get back into the gym after an extended "fallow" period. Can't see him failing to deliver on a the necessary tortured nobility.

Post #: 7
Hmm never would have guessed. - 18/6/2011 12:14:34 AM   
rtb2k6

Crowe would be awsome.with nolan and snyder at the helm to guide it along it has the makings of a classic.nothing has come close to the donner original but i'm hoping for something special with this team.

Post #: 8
RE: Hmm never would have guessed. - 18/6/2011 4:33:44 AM   
Raffy

I would rather have seen Crowe in Costner's role. Jor-El needs someone like a Pachino or De Niro.

(in reply to rtb2k6)
Post #: 9
RE: Hmm never would have guessed. - 18/6/2011 5:40:13 PM   
Jacks Rage

Sorry but those guys are way past looking physically "super". Crowe can still get into fantastic shape. Hell, he just looked great in Robin Hood.

Also, he's a thespian who can put some classic power behind his words. Just a great speaker! The man simply commands the screen.

Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?

(in reply to Raffy)
Post #: 10
Pacino?? - 21/6/2011 8:47:09 AM   
Andybee76

Come on seriously!! The guy hasn't made good film in years!! I can't imagine that the role of Jor-el would require an actor who has to shout in every film!! Now don't get me wrong I love Pacino and De Niro but they are both way past their prime!! Crowe on the other hand is perfect a great actor still making good films and he has the gravitas needed to pull it off!! Perfect casting I think!! In fact the casting director on this needs an award as all these choices are brilliant!!

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Russell Crowe Joining Superman? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI