Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

It was alright

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> It was alright Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
It was alright - 4/5/2012 6:46:28 PM   
Zach_JC

See I know this film was pretty bad, written poorly and so on... but I still quite enjoyed it. It was just easy to watch, something to put on when there's nothing else to watch, like X-Men Origins: Wolverine. And I think the world needs those sort of films, makes everything less serious...I also hope they do make a Green Lantern 2 purely because I think Mark Strong was pushed to the side as Sinestro and hopefully he'd be the primary villain with the power of...yellow!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 211
No - 4/7/2012 10:57:46 PM   
nicoleannarickeard

Honestly, this film disappointed me in many ways, as a green lantern comic book reader i pride myself on what i know of this particular universe within DC and after watching about half an hour through, i turned it off, purely because i was so disgusted that they could get away with the things they so obviously did wrong. i refuse to say one good thing about this film other than Ryan Reynolds was noty a bad Hal Jordan, but there could have been better. i hope to god they reboot this and actually relate it to something that ACTUALLY happens in the green lantern universe. for fucks sake get it right next time.

< Message edited by nicoleannarickeard -- 4/7/2012 11:09:39 PM >

Post #: 212
RE: The Green Lantern - 7/7/2012 6:06:35 PM   
Ref

I'd rate it as a 2.5/5 - not great, not bad, it was alright. I caught it on Sky Première, glad that I didn't pay to watch at the cinema or buy on DVD, but mildly entertaining nonetheless.

That is all.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to nicoleannarickeard)
Post #: 213
RE: No - 7/7/2012 6:50:54 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: nicoleannarickeard

Honestly, this film disappointed me in many ways, as a green lantern comic book reader i pride myself on what i know of this particular universe within DC and after watching about half an hour through, i turned it off, purely because i was so disgusted that they could get away with the things they so obviously did wrong. i refuse to say one good thing about this film other than Ryan Reynolds was noty a bad Hal Jordan, but there could have been better. i hope to god they reboot this and actually relate it to something that ACTUALLY happens in the green lantern universe. for fucks sake get it right next time.

As someone who knew next to nothing about Green Lantern before seeing the film i quite enjoyed it.Even i know that Sinestro goes bad though and they strongly hint at it in the film ( See the post credits scene ).Id like to see a sequel even though thats looking unlikely now.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to nicoleannarickeard)
Post #: 214
RE: No - 7/7/2012 6:58:17 PM   
Lazarus munkey

A laughable, catastrophic mess of a film.

"Because I got the answers"

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
The Amazing Spider-Man 3/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 215
RE: No - 8/7/2012 5:57:03 AM   
TragicRomantic

Joyless garbage.Avoid.

Life,love and film-enjoy all like fine wine
Silence the doubters
Embrace the lovers
Ignore the haters

(in reply to Lazarus munkey)
Post #: 216
RE: One lantern - no light - 19/10/2012 10:19:11 AM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

The only reason Wolverine is a worse film is because Wolverine had three films of build up previous.

What a shitty, shitty movie.

Funny, i was going to say i rated this the same as wolverine because it bored me and pissed me off about the same.

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobatim

Dreadful, just dreadful. Basically, nothing happens. Some special effects have a chat, then some people have a chat, then one of them becomes a special effect and has a chat with some other special effects then he goes back to being a person, has a chat with some people (occasionally as a special effect) then an action scene that makes no sense happens, everyone chats a bit and the film ends.

Cant argue with that.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 217
RE: One lantern - no light - 19/10/2012 1:56:06 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I thought it was a watchable three star comic book movie - I've never read any of the comics but the idea of a universal force of protectors from various races is quite interesting. The baddie was shit though just a big character-less monster. It also had nice FX, the green glowly suit was pretty cool looking.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 218
Awful - 24/7/2013 8:36:58 AM   
luccewada

Genuinely one of the worst films I have ever paid to see. 2 Stars? Nonsense!

Post #: 219
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> It was alright Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI