Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Ok, so let's go over the list:

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Ok, so let's go over the list: Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ok, so let's go over the list: - 15/6/2011 5:14:56 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cameron1975Williams

Thor: Bad

X Men: First Class: Bad

Maybe it's time Hollywood stopped making stupid Comic-book movies?

Only that Thor was decent and First Class is a rather excellent blockbuster. Also, I have to fix these....

quote:

X Men Origins: Wolverine: Worse than the Nazis

The Incredible Hulk: As bad as the Nazis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Cameron1975Williams)
Post #: 61
RE: Ok, so let's go over the list: - 15/6/2011 5:16:53 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Wrong thread.  But curious as to why you didn't like the Incredible Hulk?

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 62
RE: Ok, so let's go over the list: - 15/6/2011 5:17:33 PM   
swordsandsandals

Oh dear. Someone mentioned Wolverine. Back to therapy for me.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rawlinson

Swords is right about everything.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Swords smells like bum.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 63
RE: Ok, so let's go over the list: - 15/6/2011 5:27:17 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

Because it was a boringly safe, generic adaptation of Greeny, with an antagonist that is woefully underdeveloped, it's poorly directed has a poor, mediocre soundtrack, a Hulk made of spaghetti muscles, only two barely good action scenes out of a four (more action than Lee's version? You filthy liars),the silly heartbeat thing, terrible performances by Norton and Tyler.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 15/6/2011 7:07:17 PM >

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 64
RE: Ok, so let's go over the list: - 15/6/2011 5:52:05 PM   
MonsterCat

Don't hold back, Deviation. Tell us what you really think.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 65
No.......... - 15/6/2011 5:55:48 PM   
guysalisbury

.............surprises there then. The trailer looks fucking awful. I cant believe Ryan Reynolds, who can be quite good/funny at times signed up for this shit! Times must be hard after the Scarlett split!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 66
RE: Ok, so let's go over the list: - 15/6/2011 6:21:35 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

Because it was a boringly safe, generic adaptation of Greeny, with an antagonist that is woefully underdeveloped, it's poorly directed has a poor, mediocre soundtrack, a Hulk made of spaghetti muscles, only two, barely good action scenes out of a four (more action than Lee's version? You filthy liars),the silly heartbeat thing, terrible performances by Norton and Tyler.

I agree....Ang Lee's Hulk was utter turd...

Oh wait. Norton's one? Was good that!

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 67
RE: Ok, so let's go over the list: - 15/6/2011 6:26:24 PM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

Because it was a boringly safe, generic adaptation of Greeny, with an antagonist that is woefully underdeveloped, it's poorly directed has a poor, mediocre soundtrack, a Hulk made of spaghetti muscles, only two, barely good action scenes out of a four (more action than Lee's version? You filthy liars),the silly heartbeat thing, terrible performances by Norton and Tyler.

I've seen you make this criticism a couple of times, and I don't really understand it. Are you referring to the fact that the muscles look like they're made of actual muscle fibres, rather than the Hulk looking like it was constructed out of green Play-Doh or balloons like it does in Ang Lee's version?

< Message edited by superdan -- 15/6/2011 6:27:00 PM >

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 68
RE: Ok, so let's go over the list: - 15/6/2011 6:33:44 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

quote:

Well, I disagree on every level, and it looks amazing in HD.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 69
Gibberish... - 15/6/2011 7:01:18 PM   
Varkko Stush

Deviation, did you get that name because of your apparent deviation from any recognisable form of written english? Any point you may have had has been lost because i cant work out WTF you're trying to say. Fail !

Post #: 70
RE: Ok, so let's go over the list: - 15/6/2011 7:15:24 PM   
Deviation

quote:

At least that was interesting and bold, TIH was just another generic blockbuster, a poorly made one.

quote:

I've seen you make this criticism a couple of times, and I don't really understand it. Are you referring to the fact that the muscles look like they're made of actual muscle fibres, rather than the Hulk looking like it was constructed out of green Play-Doh or balloons like it does in Ang Lee's version?

They don't look like actual muscle fibers though, they look like slithering veins, especially in some moments when Hulk is fighting Abomination. I'd still prefer the cartoonish Hulk, at least that had the baby-like facial expression which gave Hulk character.

quote:

Deviation, did you get that name because of your apparent deviation from any recognisable form of written english? Any point you may have had has been lost because i cant work out WTF you're trying to say. Fail !

Indeed, it is my way of rebelling against the oppressive English language.

Btw, "I" and "can't".... and WTF is not a real English word. FAIL.

Now this has gone off topic.....

quote:

quote:

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 71
MAN! - 15/6/2011 7:58:31 PM   
acburns

I've been an empire subscriber for years and ove rthis time I've seen them give so many 'dodgy' summer flicks 3 star reviews. Typical that the one film (i'm a big GL fan) I really wish they'd just give three stars and give DC a break they decide to make an example of! why don't you do it with one of marvels annual dozen, they've been getting away with mediocrity for years. here's to a five star avangers review, due to the combined might of two average franchises (Thor, Iron man) and one as ofyet to be decided adaptation (Captain america - Ibet it's a three star, something just tells me it will be!)
eurgh I couldn't even rely on total film to pass the buck either, you guys dating now...

Post #: 72
RE: MAN! - 15/6/2011 8:40:26 PM   
Rockin Ricky Rialto

quote:

ORIGINAL: acburns

I've been an empire subscriber for years and ove rthis time I've seen them give so many 'dodgy' summer flicks 3 star reviews. Typical that the one film (i'm a big GL fan) I really wish they'd just give three stars and give DC a break they decide to make an example of! why don't you do it with one of marvels annual dozen, they've been getting away with mediocrity for years. here's to a five star avangers review, due to the combined might of two average franchises (Thor, Iron man) and one as ofyet to be decided adaptation (Captain america - Ibet it's a three star, something just tells me it will be!)
eurgh I couldn't even rely on total film to pass the buck either, you guys dating now...

Maybe...and just maybe the Green Lantern movie ain't all that!
P.S The Dark Knight is a DC film and I think most peoples opinon is that it is the best comic book movie.

"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? "

"Hanging Lady: Nervous?
Ted Striker: Yes.
Hanging Lady: First time?
Ted Striker: No, I've been nervous lots of times. "

(in reply to acburns)
Post #: 73
I KNOW, RIGHT??? - 15/6/2011 9:01:59 PM   
Jedit

In brightest day, in blackest night
No movie shall escape my sight
But now I'll say in black and white
I'll skip this one - Green Lantern's shite.

Post #: 74
- 15/6/2011 9:04:05 PM   
willow1984

I knew this film was going to get a shitty review, but i also know that the reviews given by Empire are utter crap and really shudnt be trusted. Nearly every abstract crrappy french or subtitled film gets 4 or 5 stars without fail. This film is awsome, dont be swayed dickweeds.

Post #: 75
RE: - 15/6/2011 9:20:30 PM   
Ivan_Drago

quote:

"Longtime DC fans have got used to slap-in-the-face disappointments like Swamp Thing, Steel, Catwoman, Constantine and Jonah Hex."

Didn't you include Constantine in your countdown of the 20 Greatest Comic Book Movies a few years back?

There seems to be no consistency at Empire anymore...

I must break you

(in reply to willow1984)
Post #: 76
RE: RE: - 15/6/2011 9:29:08 PM   
elab49

Did Empire or did Newman?

I'd be flabbergasted at either, though - bloody awful film.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Ivan_Drago)
Post #: 77
RE: MAN! - 15/6/2011 9:43:33 PM   
acburns

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rockin Ricky Rialto

quote:

Maybe...and just maybe the Green Lantern movie ain't all that!
P.S The Dark Knight is a DC film and I think most peoples opinon is that it is the best comic book movie.

Fair. I'll see the film friday anyways, it's just frustrating when DC finally has a chance to compete with marvel thanks to the dark knights success and they either do a blade runner on us ( maybe this is too much for us to handle right now! :P) or just don't get it all that right (probably that)

either way I'm pretty bummed. and what makes it worse is that I'm pretty sure Transformers 3 will be getting three stars, but then, it's been getting three stars ever since it made the cover a couple of isses back...

< Message edited by acburns -- 15/6/2011 9:56:24 PM >

(in reply to Rockin Ricky Rialto)
Post #: 78
Why is Kim Newman reviewing mainstream movies now? - 15/6/2011 10:16:56 PM   
Rumpledink

He only likes horror movies made for a pound innit.

Post #: 79
RE: MAN! - 15/6/2011 10:34:20 PM   
elab49

quote:

I'm pretty sure Transformers 3 will be getting three stars, but then, it's been getting three stars ever since it made the cover a couple of isses back...

As Green lantern had a major subscriber link-up. Didn't change the review

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to acburns)
Post #: 80
RE: Ok, so let's go over the list: - 15/6/2011 11:13:51 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

Because it was a boringly safe, generic adaptation of Greeny, with an antagonist that is woefully underdeveloped, it's poorly directed has a poor, mediocre soundtrack, a Hulk made of spaghetti muscles, only two barely good action scenes out of a four (more action than Lee's version? You filthy liars),the silly heartbeat thing, terrible performances by Norton and Tyler.

Deviation (almost) completely on the money? What the...

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 81
RE: I KNOW, RIGHT??? - 15/6/2011 11:20:07 PM   
rubadub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jedit

In brightest day, in blackest night
No movie shall escape my sight
But now I'll say in black and white
I'll skip this one - Green Lantern's shite.

I like you.

(in reply to Jedit)
Post #: 82
RE: Ok, so let's go over the list: - 15/6/2011 11:39:33 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

Deviation (almost) completely on the money? What the...

Actually I'm 90% right 75% of the time.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 83
- 16/6/2011 12:17:56 AM   
bryanbotsareli

It's an ok 3 stars, but Tim Robbins, and Angela Basset is this it ? You can do better.

Post #: 84
RE: MAN! - 16/6/2011 3:50:27 AM   
acburns

quote:

quote:

I'm pretty sure Transformers 3 will be getting three stars, but then, it's been getting three stars ever since it made the cover a couple of isses back...

As Green lantern had a major subscriber link-up. Didn't change the review

haha! Fair point!
Warner Bros. need to learn how to haggle!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 85
This got three stars yesterday???????? - 16/6/2011 8:47:10 AM   
cannygeet

Now it's got two!

What gives?

Post #: 86
Saw this last night.... - 16/6/2011 9:11:29 AM   
Sparkykelly69

I am not a huge Green Lantern fan but I have read some of the comics and see the animated movie First Flight, and I have to say they let the character down, its not a bad movie, if I didnt know anything about the character I would have enjoyed it more. but they threw in too many jokey parts to entertain kids, and I felt they under used Parallax the main baddy in the movie... not in the same sense as Galactus in F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer under used, but like others have said the movie is very short and tyey try cram as much origin story into the movie before Hal Gordon really lets loose. Mark Strong is great as Sinestro, and Duncan Clark does a good job voicing Kilowhag, just there wasn't enough of either of these 2 in the movie.....i'd personally give the movie 3 stars. Whether or not pure GL fans agree with me on this is another thing.

Post #: 87
Saw this last night.... - 16/6/2011 9:40:29 AM   
Sparkykelly69

I am not a huge Green Lantern fan but I have read some of the comics and see the animated movie First Flight, and I have to say they let the character down, its not a bad movie, if I didnt know anything about the character I would have enjoyed it more. but they threw in too many jokey parts to entertain kids, and I felt they under used Parallax the main baddy in the movie... not in the same sense as Galactus in F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer under used, but like others have said the movie is very short and tyey try cram as much origin story into the movie before Hal Gordon really lets loose. Mark Strong is great as Sinestro, and Duncan Clark does a good job voicing Kilowhag, just there wasn't enough of either of these 2 in the movie.....i'd personally give the movie 3 stars. Whether or not pure GL fans agree with me on this is another thing.

Post #: 88
RE: RE: - 16/6/2011 10:16:07 AM   
crazymoviesdude

quote:

ORIGINAL: willow1984

I knew this film was going to get a shitty review, but i also know that the reviews given by Empire are utter crap and really shudnt be trusted. Nearly every abstract crrappy french or subtitled film gets 4 or 5 stars without fail. This film is awsome, dont be swayed dickweeds.

You are both a very rude and seemingly, a rather intellectually challenged individual.You are confusing your own opinion with fact, and because 'Empire' disagree with you often, in your view, they are 'wrong'. Obviously, the concept of opinions is lost on you.

I seem to be saying this so often that I'm losing the will to live, but I'll say it once more because you are special: if you disagree with most of the reviews which 'Empire' gives, why in the hell do you still haunt their site with your stupidity? Surely it just makes you unhappy to be disagreeing all the time? Why don't you toddle off to another magazine or site which you find does agree with you more? There is absolutely no point in reading reviews, which are there in the first place to give you an idea of how good a film is before you see it, if you have disagreed with every previous review by that person of body. I really wish your kind would stop darkening the door of this site.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ivan_Drago

quote:

"Longtime DC fans have got used to slap-in-the-face disappointments like Swamp Thing, Steel, Catwoman, Constantine and Jonah Hex."

Didn't you include Constantine in your countdown of the 20 Greatest Comic Book Movies a few years back?

There seems to be no consistency at Empire anymore...

Just like so many others, you forget that Empire is a magazine which has numerous critics reviewing movies for it. It's not hard to see who has written each review. Do you expect every member of the Empire team to have the same opinion on every single film? That would make it entirely pointless to even have different critics.

< Message edited by crazymoviesdude -- 16/6/2011 10:21:25 AM >

(in reply to Ivan_Drago)
Post #: 89
RE: Ok, so let's go over the list: - 16/6/2011 11:29:39 AM   
Gazz

quote:

quote:

At least that was interesting and bold, TIH was just another generic blockbuster, a poorly made one.

Sorry to continue to be off topic (but still in the realm of comic books) but I agree and think Ang Lee's Hulk gets an awfully bad rap for simply putting character and substance first when people were just screaming out for "Hulk SMASH!". Though aspects of the film fell flat I never once got the impression that Ang Lee was on auto-pilot and never did he play the films into the hands of safety. It was a bold move and always interesting, unlike TIH.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Ok, so let's go over the list: Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI