Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

House M.D

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> House M.D Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
House M.D - 30/9/2005 6:46:24 PM   
Spy

Woot, I get to start the thread about, in my opinion, the best programme on tv at the moment.

Who else saw it on five last night. It just keeps on getting better and better, especially the relationship between House and Cameron, especially when he couldn't even look her in the eye when she confronted him at the end. His speech about Vogler was class too.

Anyone else agree

You're Not A Singing Group, You're A Cult!!

Post #: 1
RE: House M.D - 12/1/2006 2:03:09 PM   
Cat5

Well, ladies and gents, the time has come...

House Series 2 begins on Channel 5 next Thursday at 10pm. Bring it on!

Frasier: So you're seeing a man?
Daphne: Only when I close my eyes and concentrate.

Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing.
Jack Sparrow: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by
Post #: 2
RE: House M.D - 12/1/2006 4:27:36 PM   
crayon

As in Thursday 19th January?  Damn!  I'm going to be in a house with no C5!  Grrrrrr...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.

I shall call him squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy!

(in reply to Cat5)
Post #: 3
RE: House M.D - 13/1/2006 12:25:59 PM   
Donald McKinney

I'll tell my Mum and family instantly!!

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips,
Give 'em a push!!
You'll be surprised you're doing the French Mistake!!

VOILA!!

(in reply to crayon)
Post #: 4
RE: House M.D - 13/1/2006 1:22:18 PM   
Cat5

quote:

ORIGINAL: crayon

As in Thursday 19th January?  Damn!  I'm going to be in a house with no C5!  Grrrrrr...

Unfortunately for you, crayon, yes, it's Thursday 19th January

Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing.

(in reply to crayon)
Post #: 5
RE: House M.D - 20/1/2006 9:20:36 AM   
Donald McKinney

He's back!! Yes, folks!! House is back, and he was on last night!! And Series 2 got off to a good start, with House treating a Death Row inmate, (played by LL Cool J). Hugh Laurie was at his best again, and I think that Series 2 will be as good, if not better than Series 1!!

Oh, and Laurie won a Golden Globe the other night for House. As George would say in Blackadder, "Well, Huzzah and Hurrah!!"

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips,
Give 'em a push!!

VOILA!!

(in reply to Cat5)
Post #: 6
RE: House M.D - 20/1/2006 10:00:12 AM   
sharkboy

Series 2 is indeed even better than Series 1 IMO, which is in itself quite an achievement!  It doesn't shirk from difficult subjects and flirts with controversy (just wait until you see the next episode!)  Nor is it afraid to throw a few plot twists into the mix (House's new boss is who??)

I'll say no more for fear of spoiling the plot, but the writers and actors have done it again with series 2 and produced what I consider to be the most must-see show on TV.

And as I've already said in the awards thread, Hugh Laurie's Golden Globe must be the most deserving award in years!  Now for the Emmy...

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Donald McKinney)
Post #: 7
RE: House M.D - 20/1/2006 10:33:45 AM   
Donald McKinney

I hear rumours that the next episode deals with an autopsy. Is this true??

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips,
Give 'em a push!!

VOILA!!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 8
RE: House M.D - 20/1/2006 11:11:56 AM   
Cat5

Wait and find out Donald! Try to avoid spoilers if poss.

Post #: 9
RE: House M.D - 20/1/2006 2:10:01 PM   
Vadersville

Bollocks I missed the first episode of the new season! Everyone I talk to keeps going on about whether they think House will get together with Stacy or Lisa. Whats up with that?

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Cat5)
Post #: 10
RE: House M.D - 20/1/2006 2:22:06 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Donald McKinney

I hear rumours that the next episode deals with an autopsy. Is this true??

Yes...and no!

[Forrest Gump]That's all I have to say about that[/Forrest Gump]

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 11
RE: House M.D - 20/1/2006 3:18:17 PM   
MeetThe_InvisibleMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

Bollocks I missed the first episode of the new season! Everyone I talk to keeps going on about whether they think House will get together with Stacy or Lisa. Whats up with that?

Another great episode of House. It's much better TV then Bones which was on the same time on Sky One.

M.T.I.M

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 12
RE: House M.D - 21/1/2006 2:38:06 PM   
Vadersville

At last! Season One on Region 2 DVD! So far there are no special features listed though...

(in reply to MeetThe_InvisibleMan)
Post #: 13
RE: House M.D - 21/1/2006 8:44:23 PM   
Donald McKinney

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

At last! Season One on Region 2 DVD! So far there are no special features listed though...

Fuck yeah!! One for the list!! This is one show where everyone gathers round to watch, it's that addictive.

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips,
Give 'em a push!!

VOILA!!

Post #: 14
RE: House M.D - 27/1/2006 10:36:17 AM   
Donald McKinney

I watched last night. Woah, dude!!  I never knew THAT sort of autopsy was possible, but it was suspenseful and exciting, Laurie was on top form again, and it had a poignant ending.

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips,
Give 'em a push!!

VOILA!!

Post #: 15
RE: House M.D - 27/1/2006 10:41:52 AM   
Vadersville

Why oh why does Eleventh hour have to clash with House. With my VCR out of comission at the moment I have to flip a coin to decide what to watch (I did catch the last half hour of House, though. Great Stuff.). There's sod all on the rest of the week apart from Mondays when Life On Mars, Northern Lights and Smallville are all on the same time. My mate is getting pissed at having to tape them all for me.

Post #: 16
RE: House M.D - 27/1/2006 10:50:34 AM   
HIM

Another fantastic episode and certainly better than the already phenominal season 1! Forget 24, Lost, Desperate Housewives, ER and CSI this (and Scrubs) is the best thing on TV.

Anyone know what the extras are going to be on region 2 DVD?

Post #: 17
RE: House M.D. - 27/1/2006 10:51:26 AM   
Captain Black

After the episodes to close last season I wasn't too enthused with the opener last week, but this was superb.

Nice showpiece for Wilson I thought, that's possibly the most directly that he's been involved in the storyline.

Where did they find that young actress? She was superb. Notably they only gave her a mother, usually dying kids come from nuclear families on TV, nice touch there.

Of course, the stand out scene was the set piece in the middle - the 'live autopsy' if you will. It gives it some nice variation from other episodes.

That didn't look like Hugh on the bike at the end there, still those were some great driving roads, even for the four wheeled variety.

Trivia: Jennifer Morrison (Dr. Cameron) is the neice of Jim Morrison (yes, that Jim Morrison).

Also, have they changed the music in the opening credits? Is this now the American (ie proper) version that we're getting?

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

Post #: 18
RE: House M.D. - 27/1/2006 11:02:44 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black
That didn't look like Hugh on the bike at the end there

Actually, that was Hugh on the bike!  He's a huge bike nut and has been riding for many years.

WWLD?

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 19
RE: House M.D. - 27/1/2006 11:07:58 AM   
Donald McKinney

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

Actually, that was Hugh on the bike!  He's a huge bike nut and has been riding for many years.

Indeed he is, if anyone here saw the lacklustre 2000 comedy Maybe Baby, he rode a scooter in that.  And in the last series, he played the piano as well, he also did that in Maybe Baby. He's a clever actor.

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips,
Give 'em a push!!

VOILA!!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 20
RE: House M.D. - 27/1/2006 11:10:47 AM   
Captain Black

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

Indeed he is, if anyone here saw the lacklustre 2000 comedy Maybe Baby, he rode a scooter in that.  And in the last series, he played the piano as well, he also did that in Maybe Baby. He's a clever actor.

Apologies chaps (and Hugh), that's twice I've underestimated him now. I feel the onset of scathing House lashing aimed in my direction.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 21
RE: House M.D. - 27/1/2006 1:48:09 PM   
Timon

quote:

Also, have they changed the music in the opening credits? Is this now the American (ie proper) version that we're getting?

Yes they have. It's now some other varient of the theme. It's not the US version as they have "Teardrop" by Massive Attack

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 22
RE: House M.D. - 27/1/2006 2:04:08 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

quote:

Trivia: Jennifer Morrison (Dr. Cameron) is the neice of Jim Morrison (yes, that Jim Morrison).

I'm actually pretty sure that's a rumour that's gotten out of control. There's an interview with her and she is asked whether he is her Uncle, and she says she was and that he was a huge influence. Then she says she was just kidding and that 'people ask her that all the time'. Unless she means he was her uncle, just not a huge influence!

Post #: 23
RE: House M.D. - 27/1/2006 2:14:44 PM   
Captain Black

Ah, cheers Timon. Anyone know why the credits are different, I mean we get The Who used on CSI over here after all, so it's not like they just buy them for the US market. Similarly, what about the R2 DVDs when they're released, will this affect them?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barefoot Doctor

quote:

I'm actually pretty sure that's a rumour that's gotten out of control. There's an interview with her and she is asked whether he is her Uncle, and she says she was and that he was a huge influence. Then she says she was just kidding and that 'people ask her that all the time'. Unless she means he was her uncle, just not a huge influence!

Ah!

Note to self, stop making ill-informed comments based on the IMDb.

Someone else can find a pic of Jim Morrison (actually, isn't Bill Buchanon in 24 played by a James Morrison as well?) for comparison - I'll just stare at her for a few minutes.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 24
RE: House M.D. - 27/1/2006 2:40:33 PM   
Jackie

I first saw House when I was in Hong Kong and I LOVE it. It's fantastic. Didn't realise it was showing over here though, until it was already too late and I missed the first season  I'm now going to buy it on DVD, watch, revel in the goodness that is Hugh Laurie, and then watch it again 

Jackie.

http://dwightsheep.pocketses.net

1. Epic Movie ***
2. Date Movie **
3. Music & Lyrics ***
4. Strings ****
5. Grave of the Fireflies *****

Post #: 25
RE: House M.D. - 5/2/2006 8:45:06 AM   
Donald McKinney

A brilliant episode on Thursday, (it was taped, as I was in Prague), is it me, or is House becoming all the more nastier, especially towards Cuddy?? Or has he always been like that??

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips,
Give 'em a push!!

VOILA!!

(in reply to Jackie)
Post #: 26
RE: House M.D. - 5/2/2006 10:39:59 AM   
riversbend

quote:

A brilliant episode on Thursday, (it was taped, as I was in Prague), is it me, or is House becoming all the more nastier, especially towards Cuddy?? Or has he always been like that??

he's always been like that, and I'm pretty sure it's Cutty

The pattern is not set. It is fluid and constantly changing.
But it will be worked out in beauty in the end.

Someone once said I was the thinking woman's man. I was just like, I hope every woman is thinking.

Beep... Perfect score... Gold star.

Post #: 27
RE: House M.D. - 5/2/2006 10:47:19 AM   
Barefoot Doctor

quote:

ORIGINAL: riversbend

quote:

he's always been like that, and I'm pretty sure it's Cutty

It's Cuddy.

(in reply to riversbend)
Post #: 28
RE: House M.D. - 3/3/2006 10:05:46 AM   
Captain Black

'Well it may look like we were washing the dishes, but we were actually having sex!'

Another terrific episode last night, I tend to prefer the episodes that involve a bit more of the characters and a bit less of the patients. It also benefitted from breaking the usual format of the show - one of the reasons 'Three Stories' from the first season was such a fabulous hour of telly.

Can't wait to see where the writers are going to take the Chase/Cameron situation, I caught a bit of that in the advert for it and although it took a double take to realise it was Cameron, obviously I had no idea of the context though!

I think the procedural element took a back seat in this episode and it was wise as he wasn't exactly the most sympathetic of characters and too much screen time would have adversely affected the episode.

House was great goading the patient's Dad and then cracking him the chest with his walking stick.

And really, no woman Sela Ward's age should look that good.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 29
RE: House M.D. - 3/3/2006 10:28:45 AM   
wombathog

Am still watching the show, although only for Hugh Laurie.
Last night's episode went TOO far with the whole 'isn't he just like a medical Sherlock Holmes?' thing.  The name's a given obviously along with best friend wilson/watson & the drug addiction to name a couple BUT now we discover that his house number is 221B.
The words 'subtle' and 'brick' spring to mind...

That's the third biro that you've broke and all day I cannot wait. You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead mate.

'Would you mind dear sir if I asked you a question, If music be the food of love are you the indigestion?'

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> House M.D Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI