Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Wii U

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The Wii U Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Wii U - 4/12/2012 9:02:06 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

MY WII IS MY LEAST PLAYED CONSOLE EVER

SO .. NO

ALTHOUGH ZOMBIE U LOOKS INTERESTING. MAINLY AS I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE IDEA WAS GOOD! ALWAYS WANTED A GAME WHERE YOU WERE JUST A NORMAL BLOKE MAKING IT THROUGH THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.

Hasn't Dead Island done that already?

Not really ... on Zombie U you have one shot as a random character and you try to escape. That's sounds scary as hell. If you die you restart as another new character. That put's the fear into the game!

Dead Islands has an RPG set up ... you can grind your way to success eventually...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gizmo 76

quote:

SO .. NO

ALTHOUGH ZOMBIE U LOOKS INTERESTING. MAINLY AS I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE IDEA WAS GOOD! ALWAYS WANTED A GAME WHERE YOU WERE JUST A NORMAL BLOKE MAKING IT THROUGH THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.

you've made yourself heard tonight I'll give you that

The caps were intentional I assure you.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 61
RE: The Wii U - 17/1/2013 9:25:46 PM   
Spiked

quote:

SO .. NO

I wouldn't like to think how many hours of action my Wii has seen. Mario Kart alone would be a scary one.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 62
RE: The Wii U - 18/1/2013 7:45:15 AM   
sroey

Whats the overall consensus on the Wii U then?

Everytime I see one online or in a shop I am slightly tempted but there aren't any games that seal the deal for me at the minute.

A Zelda or Metroid game would do it for me...

(in reply to Spiked)
Post #: 63
RE: The Wii U - 19/1/2013 9:47:07 PM   
TUCK PENDLETON

Well Ive had my Wii U for about four weeks now and Im really enjoying it, but then I enjoyed the Wii, despite everyone claiming there were no games for it, which is funny because I had quite a lot and virtually none of them were mini game collections.

The pad looks bulky but is surprisingly comfortable in your hands. The only games Ive got so far are Nintendoland, Sonic Racing, Super Mario U, and Trine 2.

Nintendoland is a bit of mixed bag, but is really just a way of showing what the pad can do, and some of it works really well, and other bits not so great

Sonic Racing is great fun, particularly if you are a fan of SEGA and its history of games

Super Mario, is well, Super Mario, just a lot shinier, but still great fun and very frustrating in equal measure

Trine 2 is simply gorgeous. Coming from the SD Wii, to the HD fairytale graphics of Trine is a revelation. Its a great fun puzzle / platformer, that continues to stun with its amazing artwork.

Me and my mate both played the Zombie U demo, but we've decided not to purchase it as it creeped both of us out too much!

My mates got Black Ops and he is really enjoying playing that online.

The Miiverse is a great place to meet and chat with other players. I like that fact that if you get stuck, you can just pause the game and go and post a help message with a picture of the bit you are stuck on and others will hopefully leave notes on how to proceed.

Overall Im very pleased with my purchase, and am looking forward to Aliens: Colonial Marines, Rayman Legends, and Lego City in the next few months

< Message edited by TUCK PENDLETON -- 19/1/2013 9:48:08 PM >

Play with it pal, but dont talk to it

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 64
RE: The Wii U - 7/2/2013 4:25:42 PM   
paulyboy

My brother splashed out on one of these last weekend, went round his the other night to have a play for a couple of hours.

Random thoughts off the top of my head are:

1. It's a lot bigger than I thought. Small and sleek looking from the front but it's long, quite long.

2. The dashboard/OS is functional enough but it's slow, launching in and out of various apps like Lovefilm and the Internet Browser seems to take a while.

3. Graphically the better ports like Assassin's Creed III and Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed look every inch the equal to their 360/PS3 counterparts. Black Ops II looks fairly decent also, albeit with a slightly iffy framerate here and there. Didn't get a chance to play Zombie U unfortunately, it hadn't arrived yet.

4. The gamepad range is good and bad depending on the surroundings, my brother can barely get out to the landing with it from his room before it drops out, but it works fine immediately beneath his room in the lounge, presumably because wooden floors are less problematic than concrete walls.

5. Which brings me nicely to the best thing about the console, streaming games to that pad. It's always sounded like a neat idea in practice, but it's instantly more awesome than you anticipate. It's a major bonus, and a geunine novelty being able to play full-fat games in the palm of your hand. I'm not sure I'd want it with the new Xbox or Playstation, simply because I'd rather see the money spent under the hood of the actual console, but as an add-on peripheral for those willing to pay for the luxury, I think there's something there.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to TUCK PENDLETON)
Post #: 65
RE: The Wii U - 8/3/2013 2:10:18 PM   
goldleader

Its a shame to see this thread and sales of the Wii U not doing so well.

After my initial disappointment of the consoles release i have to say i'm really tempted to get one. Yes i know its not going to get many games made by third parties, in much the same way the last 3 Nintendo consoles haven't. But i'm a sucker for Nintendo's games and i really want to play New Super Mario Bros U.

Also after the disappointment that was the PS4 launch, i have a strong feeling that both Sony and Microsoft's next consoles are going to be a bit dull. Yes they will up the graphics and the online play but lets be honest aren't we all a bit sick of "Look how real it looks" and "10 different online play modes". After watching Wreck It Ralph it reminded me what i actually like about computer games, its been taken out of reality and playing something fun, that's why i have always loved Nintendo.

So now the dust has settled a little on the Wii U how are people finding it? What are the best games? What games are coming out that look good? And when do you think there will be a price drop for the console? Also which version is better value, the Premium or the Basic?

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 66
RE: The Wii U - 23/3/2013 10:41:13 AM   
Gizmo 76

If anyone is interested in a Wii U there is a cracking deal to be had at HMV. Premium 32gb bundle with NintendoLand and ZombiU for 199. http://bit.ly/Yt2gQe

The console has its negatives, but as a companion to another console, and if you go into it knowing that you'll probably just be picking up the main exclusives and the odd other game here and there. The GamePad while looking a bit cheap is such a cool part of the setup.

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to goldleader)
Post #: 67
RE: The Wii U - 1/5/2014 1:43:48 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Mario Kart 8 is out on 30th May! Can't wait.

You also get a free game if you register the game before 31st July.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/30/mario-kart-8-nintendo-direct-announces-wii-u-bundle-free-bonus/

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 68
RE: The Wii U - 1/5/2014 9:14:23 PM   
juanvasquez

That Nintendo Direct from yesterday was superb. I'm looking forward to this even more now. Even though I was holding out for it on disc, the fact you can get Wind Waker HD when you buy Mario Kart 8 is the icing on the cake for me. I was going to get MK8 anyway, but that's more than sweetened the deal. The game itself looks very impressive and I'm looking forward to online multiplayer, too.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 69
RE: The Wii U - 2/5/2014 11:24:20 AM   
sroey

I am keeping one eye on the Wii U...I do want one...but not sure when I'm going to drop some cash on one...

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 70
RE: The Wii U - 2/5/2014 1:30:38 PM   
Gizmo 76

The MK8 Nintendo Direct was superb... Some great stuff out in May across all consoles, but this is definitely my most wanted.

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 71
RE: The Wii U - 14/5/2014 9:54:51 PM   
kata

Bought a Wii U from Gumtree last week. 175 for 32gb Premium in as new condition. Just needed a clean, it had been gathering dust. Came with Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Bros U, Super Luigi U, Rayman Legends and an extra 3rd party controller. Good deal, had to drive over an hour to pick it up!

It's an investment in the future more than anything. I'm expecting a good E3 from Nintendo but a new Zelda and Monolithsoft X make it almost worth the investment. The fact I get MarioKart 8, all of the above, Monster hunter, Pikmin, Zelda WW and Wii back compat is just the cherry!

I never owned a wii so I'm cherry picking the best titles from that too, starting with Xenoblade with the red pad.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 72
RE: The Wii U - 15/5/2014 9:33:59 AM   
sroey

Ok reviews are out for MK8 - 9/10 pretty much everywhere...

I WANT ONE!!!

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/mario-kart-wii-u-console-bundle-206-10-tesco-direct-1903854?page=3#post21786157

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 73
RE: The Wii U - 15/5/2014 10:48:00 AM   
Gizmo 76

Can't Wait!

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 74
RE: The Wii U - 15/5/2014 1:51:42 PM   
juanvasquez

I don't think there was any way this wasn't going to be good. So far all of Nintendo's first party titles on the Wii U (that I've played, at least) have all been outstanding. I never thought I'd be this excited about a kart game, but this looks exceptional. Coincidentally have MK8 launch day off work, so I've a good idea of what I'm gonna be doing that day.

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 75
RE: The Wii U - 15/5/2014 8:33:06 PM   
juanvasquez

In other news, no Far Cry 4 is not getting released on Wii U. Not that I'm arsed about that particular title, as none of the previous games have particularly impressed me. Is this the end of Ubisoft's support for the console? The seem to have stood by it up to now, although Watch Dogs' delay may be somewhat telling.Hopefully it's just this one particular title and not another nail.

Post #: 76
RE: The Wii U - 16/5/2014 8:51:20 AM   
Sleazy

119 in John Lewis for 8gb WiiU, mario U, 8gb SD and a mario key fob thing.

Bloody tempting

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

Post #: 77
RE: The Wii U - 16/5/2014 9:00:29 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sleazy

119 in John Lewis for 8gb WiiU, mario U, 8gb SD and a mario key fob thing.

Bloody tempting

Today being the day after payday that's just entered the impulse buy area, better stay off the booze this weekend....

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 78
RE: The Wii U - 16/5/2014 9:51:00 AM   
paulyboy

Out of stock.

Why do I always miss these things, for 112 I'd have nabbed that, just to play Mario Kart 8.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 79
RE: The Wii U - 16/5/2014 10:12:44 AM   
sroey

Yep was just about to post that...

Would have picked one up!

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 80
RE: The Wii U - 16/5/2014 11:15:45 AM   
Gizmo 76

Still think the 149 HMV deals were the better option with Lego City or Zelda... Apparently someone on HUKDs got JL to price match HMV's deal. JL still have 6 in stock of the Lego City bundle. So could be worth a shot if you're generally interested in grabbing one.

The smaller white Wii U would need an external hard drive connected for games really as you'll eat through that 8gb... I don't think the SD card can actually be used for game storage. Not sure if all the white bundles come with the sensor bar either, but not 100% on that.

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 81
RE: The Wii U - 16/5/2014 11:41:00 AM   
sroey

External storage not a problem...

Sensor bar? Sorry if this is a very stupid question...but what is that used for?

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 82
RE: The Wii U - 16/5/2014 11:44:31 AM   
Gizmo 76

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

Sensor bar? Sorry if this is a very stupid question...but what is that used for?

They're cheap as chips... it's for if you wanted to use Wiimotes. It's the same as the Wii version so if you had one from that you can just use. If you're just using the GamePad or Pro Controller you won't need it.

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 83
RE: The Wii U - 16/5/2014 11:55:40 AM   
sroey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gizmo 76

quote:

They're cheap as chips... it's for if you wanted to use Wiimotes. It's the same as the Wii version so if you had one from that you can just use. If you're just using the GamePad or Pro Controller you won't need it.

Ah ok, many thanks - I'd get a pro controller, not really bothered about a Wiimote to be honest!

I do want a black one though...

Quick question to Wii U owners - has the UI improved? I know it was supposedly very sluggish at first?

< Message edited by sroey -- 16/5/2014 11:57:08 AM >

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 84
RE: The Wii U - 16/5/2014 12:30:31 PM   
Gizmo 76

quote:

Ah ok, many thanks - I'd get a pro controller, not really bothered about a Wiimote to be honest!

I do want a black one though...

Quick question to Wii U owners - has the UI improved? I know it was supposedly very sluggish at first?

Erm.... it's not super quick or anything, but not as slow as it was at launch, and a new 'quick game launch on boot' update is incoming this summer. Stuff like MiiVerse and the Store takes a little while to get into and Lego City has a long initial load time; but some of the Next Gen games aren't the quickest loaders either really. You'll rarely be super frustrated waiting to getting into SM3DW or anything.

In terms of the actual UI, I kinda like it. It's very Nintendo, bubbly and cute but that's half the charm

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 85
RE: The Wii U - 27/5/2014 8:54:32 PM   
juanvasquez

Wii U ID's people.

Mario Kart 8 is mere days away.

Juanvasquez1984, believe it or not.

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 86
RE: The Wii U - 27/5/2014 10:54:41 PM   
Gizmo 76

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

Wii U ID's people.

Mario Kart 8 is mere days away.

Juanvasquez1984, believe it or not.

Giz_76

Adding via Miiverse is the best way as I don't think you'll get a notification doing it through the Friends app... Quirky Nintendo you see!

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

Post #: 87
RE: The Wii U - 29/5/2014 11:53:23 AM   
Gizmo 76

My copy landed this morning... expect links to videos and screenshots in the other thread tomorrow

EDIT: Also mariokart.tv is live...

< Message edited by Gizmo 76 -- 29/5/2014 12:07:17 PM >

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 88
RE: The Wii U - 29/5/2014 12:07:07 PM   
juanvasquez

I'm going in to town to get mine as I'm having a clear out of old xbox games I haven't played in forever, so will have to wait till tomorrow. I can wait one day...

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 89
RE: The Wii U - 29/5/2014 6:21:36 PM   
kata

Picking mine up tomorrow. Can't wait. I'll post my NNID when i get a chance to check what it is... It's some variant of GeneralLee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vvGXytf8tg

Edit: Can we not change our avatars any more?

< Message edited by kata -- 29/5/2014 6:32:43 PM >

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The Wii U Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI