Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Far Cry 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Far Cry 3 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Far Cry 3 - 5/12/2012 3:32:56 PM   
sroey

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Loving this even more. Definitely want to get all the communication towers before getting back to the main story.

Anyone got any tips on killing a shark? I dont seem to be able to use weapons or knives whilst underweater!

Take a boat out to shark infested areas. Get ready with a heavy machine gun (PKM?) and when they get close, left trigger to snap to target and let rip!

Or as Jules said -  use the close encounters weapon!

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 31
RE: Far Cry 3 - 5/12/2012 4:04:45 PM   
jcthefirst

Result!

A guy in work is off on holiday for 3 weeks and he gave me his copy to play.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 32
RE: Far Cry 3 - 5/12/2012 5:12:16 PM   
Jules

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

Or as Jules said - use the close encounters weapon!

What can I say - I like to kill my wildlife up close and personal.

Never underestimate the power of denial

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 33
RE: Far Cry 3 - 5/12/2012 6:55:23 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Thanks for the tips guys, will try that!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Jules)
Post #: 34
RE: Far Cry 3 - 5/12/2012 8:42:13 PM   
Skiba

Picked this up online for 29.99 but it hasn't arrive yet! Was expecting it today but Mr Postie only brought me some tat I've bought the missus for Xmas!

I really didn't like Far Cry 2 but from what I've seen, and what you guys have said, I can't wait to play this!

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 35
RE: Far Cry 3 - 6/12/2012 8:21:34 AM   
sroey

Anyone completed the 'Kick the hornets nest' mission yet?

What a bloody great mission!!

Although had to turn the music off as a certain track kicked in that was very distracting. Some of the music in this game is quite intrusive - I think Geest mentioned it earlier, had to turn it off to concentrate! Dont want to get stealth mauled by a bear or tiger!

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 36
RE: Far Cry 3 - 6/12/2012 1:11:20 PM   
kumar

quote:

Anyone completed the 'Kick the hornets nest' mission yet?

What a bloody great mission!!

Although had to turn the music off as a certain track kicked in that was very distracting. Some of the music in this game is quite intrusive - I think Geest mentioned it earlier, had to turn it off to concentrate! Dont want to get stealth mauled by a bear or tiger!

Hahaha, yeah this mission is awesome. Really struggling with the stealth aspect when there are so many of them. Took me a long time, but at the end I went hell for leather with the flamethrower on those pirate assholes.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 37
RE: Far Cry 3 - 7/12/2012 8:24:22 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Did one of the Lost Expeditions last night, the one where you have to go into an underground lab. Was pretty good fun. Need to start playing the main game missions a bit more. My next mission is investigate Badtown. I've only done a few main story missions so i guess i'm still early days.

Oh and i killed a few sharks, thanks for the tips on those!

How are people finding multiplayer? I haven't chanced it yet

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 38
RE: Far Cry 3 - 7/12/2012 1:39:10 PM   
sharkboy

How big is the single-player game?  As someone who isn't a huge multi-player fan I'm not really in the market for another online FPS, but don't particularly want to splash out my hard-earneds on something with limited single-player appeal.  I'm reading about skill trees and customisable weaponry and thinking that there seems to be quite a big RPG element to this which would definitely catch my interest (however, killing sharks?  Boo!!).  So, does it stand without the co-op/online elements, or should I wait until it drops in price?

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 39
RE: Far Cry 3 - 7/12/2012 4:21:25 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

How big is the single-player game? As someone who isn't a huge multi-player fan I'm not really in the market for another online FPS, but don't particularly want to splash out my hard-earneds on something with limited single-player appeal. I'm reading about skill trees and customisable weaponry and thinking that there seems to be quite a big RPG element to this which would definitely catch my interest (however, killing sharks? Boo!!). So, does it stand without the co-op/online elements, or should I wait until it drops in price?

I dont think anyone yet here has played online yet. The game itself is huge though, there are loads of things to do. Im apparently on chapter 6 at the moment but I dont think im near half way through the main story, and there are so many side missions. Ive taken a break from the main story and and gone for some other radio tower things- there are 19 of them I think ive done 6 and i cant do any more for going out of bounds, so I know theres much more yet.

Plus, after discovering and trying to kill all the wildlife (and shitting myself at finding out there is a huge predator behind me) and just taking detours with jeeps or buggies through the jungle with the occasional deliberate swerve to hit a bastard pirate, there is just too much fun to be had over doing the missions!

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 40
RE: Far Cry 3 - 7/12/2012 6:41:35 PM   
target

I love this game so far. Having lots of fun with it. i've been playing for about four or five hours, but i've still only got one weapon slot unlocked. I cant see anything in skills that unlocks more. Unless im just being blind. it's kind of annoying.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 41
RE: Far Cry 3 - 7/12/2012 8:30:59 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: target

I love this game so far. Having lots of fun with it. i've been playing for about four or five hours, but i've still only got one weapon slot unlocked. I cant see anything in skills that unlocks more. Unless im just being blind. it's kind of annoying.

You need to 'craft' a holster from animal hides. And then more for a bigger loot bag, wallet etc. Think you need either boar or pig hides for a holster.

Only scratched the surface so far but I'm loving it! Done a few of the towers and a couple of main mission, and killed a shitload of pirates just roaming around!

Full days' play for me tomorrow as I don't have football!

(in reply to target)
Post #: 42
RE: Far Cry 3 - 7/12/2012 8:39:09 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

How big is the single-player game? As someone who isn't a huge multi-player fan I'm not really in the market for another online FPS, but don't particularly want to splash out my hard-earneds on something with limited single-player appeal. I'm reading about skill trees and customisable weaponry and thinking that there seems to be quite a big RPG element to this which would definitely catch my interest (however, killing sharks? Boo!!). So, does it stand without the co-op/online elements, or should I wait until it drops in price?

Single-player is well worth the money, theres loads to do. The multi-player is just trying to attract the Call of Duty crowd and is easily ignored.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Full days' play for me tomorrow as I don't have football!

Your manager finally realised you were holding the team back? Are you the Obi Mikel of your team?

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 43
RE: Far Cry 3 - 7/12/2012 8:53:18 PM   
Skiba

quote:

Your manager finally realised you were holding the team back? Are you the Obi Mikel of your team?

Ha! That would be some incredible form of whatever the opposite of narcissism as I'm the manager!

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 44
RE: Far Cry 3 - 12/12/2012 2:31:16 PM   
Skiba

This game is incredible! Definitely one of the best I've played in a long time. Really good pace to it and I'm loving mixing a bit of stealth with some all-out action. About halfway through the main missions, just over half the towers and have done several side missions. There's a really fun Trials of Rakyet where you have to mow down as many pirates as you can in a jeep!

Vaas is a good villain too...loved his "definition of insanity" speech.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 45
RE: Far Cry 3 - 12/12/2012 3:53:25 PM   
sroey

Small spoilers (maybe)

Anyone made it over to the second island yet? This game is huge and got a lot tougher!

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 46
RE: Far Cry 3 - 13/12/2012 6:13:36 PM   
Hooch0959

quote:

Small spoilers (maybe)

Anyone made it over to the second island yet? This game is huge and got a lot tougher!

quote:

is

Yeah I finished h single player last Friday. Really good game overall I thought.

However, the co-op makes want to punch myself in the balls. Absolute fucking tripe

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 47
RE: Far Cry 3 - 15/12/2012 4:58:04 PM   
kumar

Ive spent a few hours today catching up and made my way to the second island. Ive come to pretty much a stand still at the moment with the missions, it requires stealth which im shit at. Ive activated all the radio towers and done most of the supply drops too - its pretty fun blasting your way through the jungle.

Since ive been sp crap at the stealth stuff ive avoided trying to take out the outposts until today. With the new outfit I thought id be able to do these on the second island easily enough, but no. How are you supposed to distract the guards to deactivate the alarm? Because they dont fall for the stones thing. Tried enough times, but one time I was chased away by reinforcements with rocket launchers, fire chasing me over the hill and another time, JUST at the moment I was about to go, a leopard arrived chasing some animals but soon diverted its attention to me, fucking it all up. Gave that shit a miss!

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 48
RE: Far Cry 3 - 15/12/2012 5:49:42 PM   
Skiba

It certainly cranks up a notch on the 2nd island...far harder to kill these guys than the pirates. I've only liberated a couple of outposts with a mixture of sniping and letting out the wild animal from the cages. You need the high calibre sniper rifle with a silencer and get them dead centre in the head. And quickly too, before anyone sees the bodies.

The towers are also harder to scale. I've got two more towers to do...it's quite fun when soldiers/pirates pull up and just chucking grenades/molotovs at them from above!

Done a fair few of the sides and still have 10 or so main missions to go so plenty left tp do.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 49
RE: Far Cry 3 - 16/12/2012 10:26:13 PM   
kumar

Ah, I didnt expect you could do it that easy, but ive spent the day taking outposts. Ive also equipped the bow and arrow which is too awesome. Hitting moving targets is such a pleasure! Been doing the hunting missions that come with too and I managed the golden tiger immediately without any hassle. Juiced up on some hunter instinct and hunter (something) and nailed it twice in the head and it dropped before it even got to me. The black panther was much harder though. I could hear it growl somewhere but couldnt see it and then it appears behind me clawing at my face. Took me a while to get that one!

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 50
RE: Far Cry 3 - 24/12/2012 1:49:18 PM   
jinks

Picked this up yesterday, its seriously frickin good. Stunning in fact.

Not too far into it though, just met that weird Dr fella. But the hunting and liberating outposts and radio towers are addiciting in themselves, as is the crafting system as well. After the mildly disappointing FC2 this is a waaayyy better game in every respect.

Hate the wild dogs though. Bullet absorbing fuckers!

< Message edited by jinks -- 24/12/2012 1:52:45 PM >

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 51
RE: Far Cry 3 - 25/12/2012 8:46:48 PM   
kumar

Just finished the main campaign and it has been a brilliant game, though I found the ending to be a little anticlimactic.

Ive got one hunter missions to do left, one is with 2 bears and a knife (wtf!?) and then the odd remaining side mission, with all the loot containers and letters and idols to find. I think I might ramp up to warrior and play again rather than finish those though.

Anyone tried multiplayer yet? Still a no from me.

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 52
RE: Far Cry 3 - 29/12/2012 10:46:26 AM   
JAYDAK1SS

Finished this last night, think this will take game of the year for me, the stealth works really well and chaining takedowns is great, specially finishing with a knife throw! And when you decide 'fuck stealth', the shooting is perfect and blowing up buildings/ burning down the whole place works a treat.

There is so much to do aside from the main story the game is definitely worth buying, but the main story is brilliant with some top notch enemies.

Im going to try the multi player today, played two missions with randomers the other night and it seems fine, suppose it depends who you get in your lobby.

spoiler

Love how you kill Hoyt if you get the full knife combo on him, but what happens to the guards in the room prior to the fight????

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 53
RE: Far Cry 3 - 1/1/2013 11:45:12 PM   
jrewing1000

Finished this yesterday. Also would consider this my game of the year. The natural game world is easily the best I've ever played in. Second only to Red Dead Redemption. Skyrim is vast, but not as detailed, lush, beautifully rendered as this. Far Cry 3's world is an amazing achievement.

I found the game quite easy, but I didn't mind. It was so much fun. Now I'm having a blast driving round finishing off the huge amount of extras to complete. The world is such a joy to spend time in, I am going to finish everything and collect everything.

If you're in doubt about this game, think Skyrim V Rambo and you'll get the idea. Right, where's my wingsuit?...

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 54
RE: Far Cry 3 - 2/1/2013 3:29:06 PM   
Timon

My brother got me this for Christmas. Not that far into it, but have been taking outposts with stealth or by unleashing animals. During one, a tiger suddenly walked into the camp and all hell broke loose. Fantastic thus far.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to jrewing1000)
Post #: 55
RE: Far Cry 3 - 2/1/2013 3:54:16 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

My brother got me this for Christmas. Not that far into it, but have been taking outposts with stealth or by unleashing animals. During one, a tiger suddenly walked into the camp and all hell broke loose. Fantastic thus far.

Its awesome fun, but I would say not to take out the outposts just yet - its more fun having to watch ur back walking around and ducking for cover when u hear a car. I only say this because when the main campaign finishes, there isnt much to do and it stops dead. The outposts will keep you a little busy atleast afterwards!

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 56
RE: Far Cry 3 - 2/1/2013 8:10:00 PM   
James2183

I've already cleared out the outposts on the first island as I was having too much fun doing it. Got to get started on the main story now as I can't do nothing else now

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 57
RE: Far Cry 3 - 3/1/2013 11:31:23 AM   
Timon

I've been doing 'kill' and 'hunter' quests. Great way to temper my blood lust and find animal skins for crafting. Although everytime I hear a panther or tiger, i run away like a girl.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 58
RE: Far Cry 3 - 3/1/2013 12:52:36 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I've been doing 'kill' and 'hunter' quests. Great way to temper my blood lust and find animal skins for crafting. Although everytime I hear a panther or tiger, i run away like a girl.

Just had a go at the Maneater shark hunter quest...with just a bow and arrow it's bloody hard! Can't work out if I should do it from the boat or swim to the rocks. Probably should use one of them hunting syringe thingys.

Finished the main campaign yesterday...best and most fun I've had playing a game in ages. Hoping there's some decent downloadable content

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 59
RE: Far Cry 3 - 4/1/2013 12:18:45 AM   
James2183

Completed. Overall it's a solid game with gorgeous graphics and an amazing soundtrack but ultimately let down by an awful ending, infuriating load times and a poor, poor final boss. What is it with games these days relying so heavily on QTE's?

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Far Cry 3 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI