Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2012 10:41:20 AM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

Dempsey to Villa apparently for around £7m. That's a strange one.

Villa have a terrible team. But if they get Dempsey, Bent stays injury free and Ireland can regularly play at his previous level it will make a massive difference.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 91
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2012 10:48:20 AM   
talpacino

It just seems like a backwards move at the moment for Dempsey. I know Villa aren't exactly a small team but they've been poor for a while now. I don't see Dempsey being that interested, I assumed he wanted European football. Can see this being Hijacked before the day is out.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 92
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2012 10:55:54 AM   
Rinc

It is a silly move considering how much better Fulham are. Making himself unavailable for Fulham seems to have backfired.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 93
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2012 11:00:35 AM   
Rinc

De Jong has gone to Milan. He serves a purpose but with Rodwell there they potentially got a better player. Bob will be pleased.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 94
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2012 4:57:50 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Some big moves out there. Sorry to see VdV leave the PL, but never understood why he couldn't do 90 minutes.

Lloris is expensive, but quality. Moutinho looks a good signing, wonder how quick he'll settle?

City upgrading their midfield, thug de Jong out for Garcia is good business. Maicon sounds more like a deal to shift shirts, not quite getting that.

Remy to Chelsea could be interesting.

Too quiet for Utd and Arsenal today?

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 31/8/2012 5:00:44 PM >

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 95
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2012 5:36:02 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Moutinho deal had apparently stalled at Spurs, should Arsene step in?

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 96
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2012 5:41:55 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Some big moves out there. Sorry to see VdV leave the PL, but never understood why he couldn't do 90 minutes.

Lloris is expensive, but quality. Moutinho looks a good signing, wonder how quick he'll settle?

City upgrading their midfield, thug de Jong out for Garcia is good business. Maicon sounds more like a deal to shift shirts, not quite getting that.

United were never in it today.Arsenal on the other hand are in talks over signing Essien on Loan,which I'm not sure is a good deal considering they let a better player in Song go to Barca,for a handsome fee mind.

City's dealing I find,generally,odd.
De Jong leaving and signing Garcia is a decent deal but bringing in Sinclair and especially Maicon,I'm not sure.

Moutinho and Lloris are both decent players,both have there faults in my eyes ie Lloris can be intimidated fairly easily while Moutinho does disappear in games from time to time.

Berbatov is officially a Fulham Player.

Any idea where Dempsey is going?

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 31/8/2012 5:42:32 PM >

Post #: 97
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2012 6:15:28 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Dempsey is going to the reserves. His strop backfired heavily in my opinion, and whats worse (or better) is Fulham seem to be coping very well without him. On top of that they've signed Berbatov, who'll most likely take his place.

Quite saddened to see Berba go actually. But he wasn't getting regualr football at United. Quite surprised he turned down Juventus for Fulham though - must have been the lure of living in London, a city he was familiar with in the first place OR he wants to stay in the Premier League and prove the doubters wrong by scoring loads of goals for Fulham.

EDIT: looking at the pic above I gotta say he doesn't look that happy! Chin up mate - at least you'll (hopefully) play regular football! Good luck and thanks for some really good memories - not least that spectacular hat trick against Liverpool!

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 31/8/2012 6:24:40 PM >

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 98
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2012 6:20:33 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I'm also mystified as to why City would buy a 31 year old in Maicon. He's in the twillight of his career and City must've bought him for something. Shifting shirts could be a factor! I can see how they'd have trouble shifting all those ugly baby-blue tops!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

Post #: 99
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2012 8:26:30 PM   
MartinBlank76

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

Dempsey is going to the reserves. His strop backfired heavily in my opinion, and whats worse (or better) is Fulham seem to be coping very well without him. On top of that they've signed Berbatov, who'll most likely take his place.

Quite saddened to see Berba go actually. But he wasn't getting regualr football at United. Quite surprised he turned down Juventus for Fulham though - must have been the lure of living in London, a city he was familiar with in the first place OR he wants to stay in the Premier League and prove the doubters wrong by scoring loads of goals for Fulham.

EDIT: looking at the pic above I gotta say he doesn't look that happy! Chin up mate - at least you'll (hopefully) play regular football! Good luck and thanks for some really good memories - not least that spectacular hat trick against Liverpool!

I think dempo will end up going to pool. Fulham are just negotiating and I think it is cutting nose of to spite face with keeping an unhappy footballer. Look at spurs, they ended up having to sell modric anyway. Things can change, but my opinion is when they start to get uppity, sell them and get as much as you can. Though obviously I am hoping fulham dont charge too much as the pool seem to be rather short on dough, though understand it if they do.

I'm just a fella. I think beer should be cold and boots should be dusty. I think 911 was bad. And freedom? Well, I think thats just a little bit better.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 100
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 31/8/2012 8:42:26 PM   
MartinBlank76

Whoops. I take that all back, sky are just after announcing no incomings to liverpool and it looks like everyone has gone home...

I'm just a fella. I think beer should be cold and boots should be dusty. I think 911 was bad. And freedom? Well, I think thats just a little bit better.

(in reply to MartinBlank76)
Post #: 101
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 1/9/2012 1:07:02 AM   
Goodfella

Solly stays.

Stephens stays.

Heskey Twitter rumours turn out to be completely untrue.

Couldn't have asked for a better day!!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to MartinBlank76)
Post #: 102
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 1/9/2012 10:26:22 AM   
Skiba

Some very interesting comings and goings. QPR landing Mbia when quite a few clubs were looking at him. Them getting Granero could be more of a risk. Quite fragile mentally according to Guillem Balague and would need a manager who puts an arm around him, and that ain't Hughes!

Pablo Hernandez going to Swansea could be excellent and I can see him fitting in there very well. Probably doesn't score enough goals but he's a tricksy little bugger.

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 103
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 1/9/2012 4:51:02 PM   
Saltire

What are (or aren't) Liverpool doing!?!

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 104
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 2/9/2012 11:55:02 AM   
BigBadWolf

I think Spurs transfer activity has been, strange, not they haven't bought good players, but the squad/team looks no better. General opinion from the 'experts' is they've done brilliantly, but the whole thing has an ' Emperor's new clothes' look about it. Even if he fitness issues, you have to keep a creative player like Van De Vaart.

Apart from Ekotto, I'm not convinced by Gylfi Sigurosson either.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 105
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 2/9/2012 1:13:40 PM   
Professor Moriarty

AvB wanted Moutinho. Apparently they missed him by minutes, but a stupid miss. holding out for weeks for Modric, then taking the offer that was on the table already, cost them this transfer. So already he is in the papers I see giving out that the transfers were led by the chairman and not him. Again, puts my respect for him down, he really has to grow up if he's going to achieve at this level IMO.

VdV had to go. His missus wanted to be back in Hamburg. Believe me, you don't want grief from your wife every day for doing a job you could just as easy do somewhere else, with conjugals back on the table (or wherever they do it).

All in all. Two high quality players went, but neither was a surprise. Good squad for growth, but I don't believe the manager will be able to handle them.

EDIT: I see bigbadwolf put some similar comments in the PL thread. Good not to be on my own, see if great minds think alike or if fools seldom differ:-)

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 2/9/2012 1:16:41 PM >

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 106
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 10/5/2013 12:03:00 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Bored of Moyes and Ferguson?
Expecting that City will win the FA Cup?
Wondering what will happen to the Championship and worse thread after Jonson gets promoted?

Then speculate away for the next few months. Here's a few to get us going:
- Rooney looking for a new challenge, Chelsea looking for a new Drogba. Looks like a fit.
- Cavani to City (or PSG, or Real)
- Falcao to tax efficiently move to Monaco.
- Ronaldo to go nowhere
- David Villa to move to London
- Anyone one who can kick a ball in the Dortmund team to join Pep

Post #: 107
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 10/5/2013 2:20:09 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

Wondering what will happen to the Championship and worse thread after Jonson gets promoted?

What will happen too it? I'll still be there. It's what happens to it after next season when we get promoted, that's what you want to worry about.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

Post #: 108
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 10/5/2013 2:30:05 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

What will happen too it? I'll still be there. It's what happens to it after next season when we get promoted, that's what you want to worry about.

I'll be there for fucking years

Wait,

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 109
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 10/5/2013 2:40:32 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I can see Fellaini joining Moyes at United but it'll be a bit harsh on Evra if Baines comes as well, after about 18 months of poor form he really found his feet again last season for the most part.. Also, considering they'll bank upwards of £20mill for Fellaini there'll be no need for Everton to sell Baines anyway especially considering the extra TV money next season.

Ronaldo will stay at Real Madrid. I think there was an outside chance of him signing for us before Fergie left, now there's no chance at all IMO.

Hopefully we'll sign another midfielder as well as Fellaini, someone like Gundogan would be nice, and if Rooney goes another striker. I'd love to see Lewandowski at the club but I can't see it happening.

It's going to be a busy transfer window I reckon.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 110
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 10/5/2013 2:45:41 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

I can see Fellaini joining Moyes at United but it'll be a bit harsh on Evra if Baines comes as well, after about 18 months of poor form he really found his feet again last season for the most part.. Also, considering they'll bank upwards of £20mill for Fellaini there'll be no need for Everton to sell Baines anyway especially considering the extra TV money next season.

With the amount of games you usually play a season I don't think it'll be a case of Baines in, Evra out straight away, certainly not next season anyway. You have a rotation policy in place I think Moyes will adapt too pretty quickly anyway, and I think a player like Baines would relish the chance to join Manchester United knowing this anyway, every player who comes through the door at Old Trafford knows this. No Everton don't need to sell Baines, but that's never how it goes down anyway, money and significantly improved chances of successes and medals will prevail, as it usually does, especially when a club like United are involved.

quote:

Ronaldo will stay at Real Madrid. I think there was an outside chance of him signing for us before Fergie left, now there's no chance at all IMO.

I don't really know why you'd want him back anyway, he was amazing to watch on his day, but sometimes seemed to lack the effort and consistent high level of performance a league like the Premiership, and certainly a club like Man United, desire and demand. Time to move on, plus, they do say, things are never as good the second time around.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 111
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 10/5/2013 8:25:13 PM   
Saltire

Pellegrini at 1/10 to succeed Mancini at Man City with StanJames - must be something to this for the odds to be so short.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 112
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 11/5/2013 2:25:18 AM   
Saltire

The Telegraph is going for it with Pellegrini to replace Mancini despite the outcome of the FA Cup Final

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10050337/Manchester-City-manager-Roberto-Mancini-on-the-brink-as-club-close-in-on-Malagas-Manuel-Pellegrini.html

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 113
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 11/5/2013 9:50:43 AM   
Rinc

We need a centre back, left back and creative midfielder.

Thiago Silva, Phillip Lahm and Andres Iniesta should fit the bill.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 114
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 12/5/2013 10:11:32 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

We need a centre back, left back and creative midfielder.

Thiago Silva, Phillip Lahm and Andres Iniesta should fit the bill.

All useless, every one of them!

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 115
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 12/5/2013 11:12:32 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

With the amount of games you usually play a season I don't think it'll be a case of Baines in, Evra out straight away, certainly not next season anyway. You have a rotation policy in place I think Moyes will adapt too pretty quickly anyway, and I think a player like Baines would relish the chance to join Manchester United knowing this anyway, every player who comes through the door at Old Trafford knows this. No Everton don't need to sell Baines, but that's never how it goes down anyway, money and significantly improved chances of successes and medals will prevail, as it usually does, especially when a club like United are involved.

quote:

I don't really know why you'd want him back anyway, he was amazing to watch on his day, but sometimes seemed to lack the effort and consistent high level of performance a league like the Premiership, and certainly a club like Man United, desire and demand. Time to move on, plus, they do say, things are never as good the second time around.

Absolutely bonkers. He may have had his off days, he may have had selfish games, he may have sulked when a decision went against him, but Ronaldo put his all into every single minute he was on the pitch. I remember plenty a time he'd be so full of effort and enthusiasm he'd leg it to collect an out of play ball and place it next to the flag for a corner even when everyone else was taking their time as Utd were already 2 to 3 goals up. For me Ronaldo's effort, determination and energy are far more impressive than any of his tricks and goal tallies ever were, and for me it was something that always made me hold him in higher regard than Messi, as it always looked like Ronaldo was giving his all.

I genuinely believe this move will go through, and it'll be with the help of Fergie and a means of making the transition to a new manager much much easier.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 12/5/2013 11:14:34 PM >

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 116
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 13/5/2013 12:34:47 AM   
directorscut

Ronaldo isn't 1/10th the worker Messi is. During the Pep years when they played high intensity pressuring game Messi was always the first line of defense and worked just as hard as the midfielders to get the ball back. Ronaldo doesn't do jack when he's off the ball.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 117
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 13/5/2013 1:34:39 AM   
Ultimo Lee

Falcao almost done for £50m to Monaco. He will have a one year release clause in his contract which basically means he'll be at Real in 2014-2015

What a waste. at least he didn't end up at City or Chelsea.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 118
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 13/5/2013 4:46:42 AM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

quote:

Absolutely bonkers. He may have had his off days, he may have had selfish games, he may have sulked when a decision went against him, but Ronaldo put his all into every single minute he was on the pitch. I remember plenty a time he'd be so full of effort and enthusiasm he'd leg it to collect an out of play ball and place it next to the flag for a corner even when everyone else was taking their time as Utd were already 2 to 3 goals up. For me Ronaldo's effort, determination and energy are far more impressive than any of his tricks and goal tallies ever were, and for me it was something that always made me hold him in higher regard than Messi, as it always looked like Ronaldo was giving his all.

I genuinely believe this move will go through, and it'll be with the help of Fergie and a means of making the transition to a new manager much much easier.

... and nothing to do with you being a Man U fan

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 119
RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 - 13/5/2013 4:47:56 AM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Ronaldo isn't 1/10th the worker Messi is. During the Pep years when they played high intensity pressuring game Messi was always the first line of defense and worked just as hard as the midfielders to get the ball back. Ronaldo doesn't do jack when he's off the ball.

Yup only in this last year he has began to work all round for the team, and that was because he had to get told thats why the Madridistas didn't take to him.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Summer Transfers 2011/12 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI