Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 Page: <<   < prev  30 31 32 33 [34]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 - 1/9/2014 3:40:19 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

Been quiet so far I think.

Quiet? Quiet?

15:01 - Alex Nicholls [Northampton - Exeter] Loan

15:00 - Jonathan Obika [Tottenham - Swindon] Undisclosed

14:54 - Alex Bray [Swansea - Plymouth] Loan

14:45 - Andy Delort [FC Tours - Wigan] Undisclosed

14:21 - Holmbert Fridjonsson [Celtic - Brondy] Loan

14:16 - Adam Forshaw [Brentford - Wigan] Undisclosed

14:08 - Jelle Vossen [Genk - Middlesbrough] Loan

13:58 - Jordan Cranston [Nuneaton - Notts County] Free

13:56 - Michael Gardyne [Dundee United - Ross County] Loan

13:52 - Dylan McGeouch [Celtic - Hibernian] Loan

13:38 - Nathan Eccleston [Unattached - Partick Thistle]

13:20 - Javier Hernandez [Man Utd - Real Madrid] Loan

13:08 - Jack Price [Wolves - Yeovil] Loan

13:00 - Stuart Beavon [Preston - Burton] Undisclosed

12:37 - Modu Barrow [Ostersunds - Swansea] Undisclosed

11:55 - Tom Koblenz [Hoffenheim - Derby] Free

11:30 - Shane Duffy [Everton - Blackburn Rovers] Undisclosed

11:24 - George Boyd [Hull - Burnley] £3m

10:59 - Yanic Wildschut [Heerenveen - Middlesbrough] Undisclosed

10:13 - Karim El Ahmadi [Aston Villa - Feyenoord] Undisclosed

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 991
RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 - 1/9/2014 4:47:54 PM   
Ultimo Lee

Loving the bitterness flying around

Does Falcao solve all the problems? No!

Does it feel AMAZING to sign 2 World Class players in the space of a couple of weeks? FUCK YEAH!

After the pain of another long, dull, annoying summer waiting & hoping for things to happen the last few weeks have been a breathe of fresh air. All the "You can't sign anyone without Champions League football" shit blown away.

Another centre back would have been great, i'm not a fan of Jones, Evans or Smalling and have doubts on Rojo but who should you listen to? people of the interwebs, shit journalists, awful pundits like Niall Quinn, Phil Neville etc or one of the best managers in world football?

It's been a shit start to the season and i expect another few weeks (or months) of problems but if Van Gaal and his team think this is the way to go i'm right behind them.

VIVA FALCAO! VIVA DI MARIA! VIVA LVG!

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 992
RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 - 1/9/2014 10:32:54 PM   
Goodfella

These tools who hang around outside football grounds by Sky Sports roving reporters, yelling stuff into the cameras and doing as many scenes out of the hit play ASBO as possible, can't we just kill them off? I mean, seriously, I know it sounds harsh, but before they breed because there's a lot of them and let's face it they're either heading to the DSS or to prison anyway....

"fuck her right in the pussy" says this one lad into the camera.

Is this a sexual quip, or advice to Simon Jordan?

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Ultimo Lee)
Post #: 993
RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 - 1/9/2014 11:29:23 PM   
Ultimo Lee

Can't believe Welbeck's gone permanently, i wish he was good enough, always good to have a few locals in the side. nevermind. Chicharito and Kagawa gone too which makes me slightly sad and Anderson and Cleverley are somehow still here

Hull City went on a late spree, Abel Hernandez, Hatem Ben Arfa, Gaston Ramirez and Mohamed Diame

Negredo to Valencia (bad move from City), Morgan Amalfitano to West Ham, Niko Kranjcar to QPR and Yanga-Mbiwa's gone to Roma.

No late Barcelona signing, now can't sign anyone until 2016!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 994
RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 - 2/9/2014 8:41:08 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ultimo Lee

Can't believe Welbeck's gone permanently, i wish he was good enough, always good to have a few locals in the side. nevermind.
Chicharito and Kagawa gone too which makes me slightly sad and Anderson and Cleverley are somehow still here

..and we've nicked Tom Lawrence and Nick Powell off you. I saw a few ManU supporters going mad at this last night - so hopefully they'll be good additions to our squad.

Not as exciting as some years, but still edge-of-the-seat over-dramatic stuff all the same.

After seeing Arsenal on Sunday I think they need more than Welbeck - good player as he is - although I think £16m might look like a bargain at the end of the season.
And excuse me as I haven't seen enough of him - but is this Falcao really that good? He's being made out to be some kind of messiah. Has he even heard of Wes Morgan or his pocket?

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Ultimo Lee)
Post #: 995
RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 - 2/9/2014 9:51:01 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

And excuse me as I haven't seen enough of him - but is this Falcao really that good? He's being made out to be some kind of messiah. Has he even heard of Wes Morgan or his pocket?

I saw play the 2011 Europa League Final. He was the best player on the pitch by a mile. Two-footed, great movement, able to run with the ball and strike it. And of course scored with his head.

You might also remember him from the 2012 Super Cup when he played for Atletico and scored a first half hat-trick against Chelsea.

The big question will be after the serious knee-injury does he have the sharpness and pace still. If he does he's going to be putting the ball in the back of the net a lot.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 996
RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 - 2/9/2014 2:55:32 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

The big question will be after the serious knee-injury does he have the sharpness and pace still. If he does he's going to be putting the ball in the back of the net a lot.

Also, given the amount of whoring he and his agent have been doing in the direction of Real Madrid since January, you wonder just how well he'll apply himself in a United top. Fantastic player in the Porto/Atletico era, but despite his goal ratio he was woeful at Monaco prior to his injury.

A lot of folk seem to be mocking the Welbeck deal on social media. They don't have a scooby; one of the most underrated players in England and a really good fit for the Gunners.

quote:

No late Barcelona signing, now can't sign anyone until 2016!

Indeed, although I think they've done pretty well this summer and the young guys coming through will keep them going for a couple of years. The ban will also ensure that the likes of Xavi and Bartra don't engineer a premature exit as well.

Rakitic already looks like he's been anchoring that midfield for years; one of the signings of the summer for me.

quote:

Kagawa gone too which makes me slightly sad

There were fleeting glimpses at United, but he never quite recaptured the form he showed at Dortmund (don't think he was particularly helped by being stuck on the flanks as he was always more effective in the number 10 role). Curious to see how Klopp will fit him into a side including Mkhitaryan and Reus.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 997
RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 - 2/9/2014 4:09:45 PM   
shool

quote:

Can't believe Welbeck's gone permanently, i wish he was good enough, always good to have a few locals in the side. nevermind. Chicharito and Kagawa gone too which makes me slightly sad and Anderson and Cleverley are somehow still here

Make that just Anderson.
Villa just announced the Cleverley signing.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 998
RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 - 2/9/2014 7:51:15 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris
A lot of folk seem to be mocking the Welbeck deal on social media. They don't have a scooby; one of the most underrated players in England and a really good fit for the Gunners.

No chance, I'd say it's quite the opposite scenario.

The fact he's English seems to blindsight the media and make him impervious to criticism. His strike rate is terrible, his ball control is clumsy and the ball is always getting stuck under his gangly Bambi legs. His only redeeming features are that he's tall and strong and as a result can hold the ball up well, but I refer back to the ball getting stuck under his legs, which can often undo the work he's done holding up the ball, as he then concedes possession.

The guy is not top club quality [insert Man Utd aren't a top club anymore joke here], and as a Utd fan I'm not only happy he's gone but genuinely chuffed we managed to squeeze £16m out of Arsenal for him.

For all Ferguson's wealth of outstanding abilities and achievements in the game, he had a pretty poor youth record outside of the Class of 92. All these stories coming out at the moment, being fuelled by Phelan are funny to me. "Selling Wellbeck means Utd lose their identity of nurturing youth from their academies". It's all a bit of a myth, outside of the Class of 92, how many truly homegrown talents have come through the ranks at Old Trafford? It's really not many at all, besides the odd player like Wes Brown most of Utd's successful youth prospects were bought from other clubs and countries. Most Utd grown talent is sold on before/shortly after they make the first team (read shop window). That's not necessarily a bad thing either, there's always been a focus on buying English talent, and that still stands, there's still a big English contingent at Old Trafford.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 2/9/2014 7:54:22 PM >

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 999
RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 - 2/9/2014 8:20:19 PM   
Scott_

I think it's a good move by Arsenal. Welbeck is an intelligent player, his movement is excellent and with chances being fed to him by Ozil, Sanchez and Ramsey he's likely to score more goals. Awesome for England too, Arsenal have a decent looking English contingent in that squad.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 1000
RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 - 2/9/2014 8:30:31 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

If he blossoms at Arsenal then it's only good for the National team, but his lack of goals wasn't a consequence of position or a lack of chances, it was terrible shooting. His accuracy and conversion rate was horrendous, but also his decision making, see the embarrassing chipped effort vs Bayern last season.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 1001
RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 - 2/9/2014 8:53:46 PM   
Scott_

I'm not saying he'll score for fun, just more than he did for United. Theo Walcott isn't the most gifted footballer and look how Wenger has improved him over the last 3 years. Welbeck is a better footballer than Walcott, he's only 23 and he is definitely at the right club to improve his game. Being given a run as a centre forward can't hurt either.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

Post #: 1002
RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 - 4/9/2014 11:42:49 AM   
ElephantBoy

Welbeck is a gamble for Arsenal, but there is raw talent there and if they can get 8-10 goals from this, and mould him into the team ethic then it could be worth it.

Well Villa did end up with Cleverly on loan, with the option to buying him at the end of the season. He was good at Wigan, but then really flopped at Utd so I think a loan is the best idea right now. He should at least improve how we keep the ball which has been one of our main weakinesses, but I am still a little on the fence about this one.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 1003
RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 - 4/9/2014 12:06:22 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I don't know how hands on he is. But if he does make even an occasional appearance on the training ground. Then either Roy Keane will make Cleverly a respectable PL midfielder, or he'll eat him up and have him shat out by lunch. Should be interesting either way

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 1004
RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 - 4/9/2014 5:51:09 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I don't know how hands on he is. But if he does make even an occasional appearance on the training ground. Then either Roy Keane will make Cleverly a respectable PL midfielder, or he'll eat him up and have him shat out by lunch. Should be interesting either way

That is how I see Keane's involvement full-stop

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 1005
RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 - 5/9/2014 1:56:34 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

No chance, I'd say it's quite the opposite scenario.

The fact he's English seems to blindsight the media and make him impervious to criticism. His strike rate is terrible, his ball control is clumsy and the ball is always getting stuck under his gangly Bambi legs. His only redeeming features are that he's tall and strong and as a result can hold the ball up well, but I refer back to the ball getting stuck under his legs, which can often undo the work he's done holding up the ball, as he then concedes possession.

The guy is not top club quality [insert Man Utd aren't a top club anymore joke here], and as a Utd fan I'm not only happy he's gone but genuinely chuffed we managed to squeeze £16m out of Arsenal for him.

For all Ferguson's wealth of outstanding abilities and achievements in the game, he had a pretty poor youth record outside of the Class of 92. All these stories coming out at the moment, being fuelled by Phelan are funny to me. "Selling Wellbeck means Utd lose their identity of nurturing youth from their academies". It's all a bit of a myth, outside of the Class of 92, how many truly homegrown talents have come through the ranks at Old Trafford? It's really not many at all, besides the odd player like Wes Brown most of Utd's successful youth prospects were bought from other clubs and countries. Most Utd grown talent is sold on before/shortly after they make the first team (read shop window). That's not necessarily a bad thing either, there's always been a focus on buying English talent, and that still stands, there's still a big English contingent at Old Trafford.

You're being pretty harsh there mate. Yes he's not a natural goalscorer but being one isn't necessarily the measure of what makes a good forward (Jermaine Defoe, Kevin Philips, Pippo Inzaghi, Kris Boyd for example). He's a terrific team player who'll bring people into play and that's why he'll suit Arsenal - and I have a sneaky feeling his sale will come back to haunt United.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

Post #: 1006
Page:   <<   < prev  30 31 32 33 [34]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY '13 Page: <<   < prev  30 31 32 33 [34]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI